Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709599 times)

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1710 on: September 08, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »
Expand Quote
well I'm bummed :(
So today I went and visited this girl I have a crush on with my roommate who is good friends with her, I was stoked on going....but I don't know this girl all that well right? SO I need to talk to her more to get to know her better and all right? But the problem is she's cute and shy, and doesn't really talk to people she doesn't know very well, me being one of them. Well we went to her place of employment (a cute little grocery store) and ate lunch with her, she wasn't in to me though, hopefully just cuz she don't know me. THe other problem is that my roommates, my real only gate to this girl, don't really see her too often. SO I'm kinda on my own.. So I have to find a way to get to know her better and eventually ask her out..Plus I'm at the state where I can't just move on and forget her, she's too cute and interesting. Should I just straight up ask her out, or would I be creepy?? I have to find some way to spend more time with her. help me buds.
[close]
facebook her, then pm her and chat a little, then when you go to get off be like "if you want to talk more here's my number :) (bitches love the smiley face)" then maybe she'll give you her number in exchange. if not... then just keep pming her and get her to open up. but once you got that number shit is easy squeeze.

she isn't on facebook, bummer right?...i'm thinking I just have to walk into her work and chat her up, real life is so harder than internet.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1711 on: September 08, 2010, 04:28:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So today I went and visited this girl I have a crush on with my roommate who is good friends with her, I was stoked on going....but I don't know this girl all that well right? SO I need to talk to her more to get to know her better and all right? But the problem is she's cute and shy, and doesn't really talk to people she doesn't know very well, me being one of them. Well we went to her place of employment (a cute little grocery store) and ate lunch with her, she wasn't in to me though, hopefully just cuz she don't know me. THe other problem is that my roommates, my real only gate to this girl, don't really see her too often. SO I'm kinda on my own.. So I have to find a way to get to know her better and eventually ask her out..Plus I'm at the state where I can't just move on and forget her, she's too cute and interesting. Should I just straight up ask her out, or would I be creepy?? I have to find some way to spend more time with her. help me buds.
[close]
facebook her, then pm her and chat a little, then when you go to get off be like "if you want to talk more here's my number :) (bitches love the smiley face)" then maybe she'll give you her number in exchange. if not... then just keep pming her and get her to open up. but once you got that number shit is easy squeeze.
[close]

she isn't on facebook, bummer right?...i'm thinking I just have to walk into her work and chat her up, real life is so harder than internet.
be glad she doesnt have one. facebook romance is the lamest shit i can think of. go chat her up a bit and just ask her out. tell her youre interested in her and be smooth about it. its not creepy. its real life. and dont just forget about it. i was the shyest most self conscious dude in my early years which only lead to misery.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1712 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
be glad she doesnt have one. facebook romance is the lamest shit i can think of. go chat her up a bit and just ask her out. tell her youre interested in her and be smooth about it. its not creepy. its real life. and dont just forget about it. i was the shyest most self conscious dude in my early years which only lead to misery.
Would you advise a friend getting involved as a liaison, like to see if she's interested? Or is that just going to complicate shit?

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1713 on: September 08, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »
i just watched Zoo  :-\
life poser

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #1714 on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »

Would you advise a friend getting involved as a liaison, like to see if she's interested? Or is that just going to complicate shit?

like that one time in saved by the bell!

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #1715 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just ask her out. You know where she works, go see her at work and suprise her. She'll take that better than having a friend involved.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1716 on: September 08, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
Just drank two tall glasses of iced coffee....at 11:00pm.

What the fuck was I thinking?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #1717 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
thats only a good idea if you want some weird sex that will ruin your friendship. but if you want to date this chick, i advise you to just ask her out. the worst thing that could happen is her saying no and you knowing for sure to move on rather that mind fucking yourself.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1718 on: September 09, 2010, 12:02:44 PM »
k, I'll go for it tomorrow...

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1719 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
First day of college was good. But I have to pay £999 I didnt think I'd have to.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1720 on: September 09, 2010, 07:40:48 PM »
Stoked my girl is going to see The Strokes in Texas, not Stoked I can't go. She's too lucky.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1721 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
Stoked my girl is going to see The Strokes in Texas, not Stoked I can't go. She's too lucky.

I'm fucking going! Tickets cost a shit-ton though, so worth it.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1722 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:55 PM »
the strokes suck so much whats the deal with people thinking they dont suck super hard

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1723 on: September 10, 2010, 06:28:39 AM »
they don't  :P

somehow they're great

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1724 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Just ask her out. You know where she works, go see her at work and suprise her. She'll take that better than having a friend involved.

It worked!!!! Thanks Dudes!

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #1725 on: September 10, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
Saw a commercial on BET for Being Terry Kennedy today. I will be tuning in on October 12th for the premiere even though the ad consisted of TK's abs and a bunch of his friends talking about something I already forgot about.

I hope it's a show about John Cusack and Catherine Keener finding a portal into TK's insane membrane.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #1726 on: September 10, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »
Not stoked I have to wake up at 6am everyday, but stoked that I only have to work til 8. Got the rest of the day to get drunk, take naps, and eat fast food. Couple days a week I gotta babysit my friend's daughter and play Wii Mario. Guess I'm not too happy about all this but I am.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #1727 on: September 12, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
It was cool
then i scrolled down
and then it wasn't so cool.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

kevbo999

« Reply #1728 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
The most perfect looking girl lives in my city, I saw her today for the 3rd or 4th time.  Obviously I didn't talk to her, now I feel lame and lonely.

Also, I heard a sweet song at work but googling the lyrics didn't work.  It's a 70's easy rock ballad and the chorus is like "kind hearted lady, kind hearted woman, allriiiiight."

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1729 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
I went thirteen days without cigarettes, but started smoking out of boredom...[couldn't skate because of the rain, roommates/friends were gone for the weekend]:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:23:16 AM by El Venado Zombi »

acider

« Reply #1730 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
i was skating the park and getting kind of frustrated on a warm up trick.  about mid session a guy who had been sitting on a bench which bordered the perimeter of the park (this is a small park) got up to walk away.  he was an older guy and could barely walk with the help of a cane, also his right hand had some kind of huge bandage on it.  i had noticed him sitting on the bench and he seemed so happy to talk to the guy next to him and even as he was struggling to get back to his car he had a huge smile on his face.  it was reminder that getting so upset over some skateboard trick is really just silly.  i am not stoked that people have to deal with disabilities, but to see someone do so with a positive attitude is inspiring at the same time.  just seeing him made me so happy that i have the ability to skate everyday and helped to put some of my petty frustrations in perspective.

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #1731 on: September 13, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
I sold my Chicago Bulls snapback for five dollars to an attractive female at the bar the other night.

I'm not stoked on the fact that the same hat is going for sixty dollars+ on ebay right now.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #1732 on: September 13, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
i was skating the park and getting kind of frustrated on a warm up trick.  about mid session a guy who had been sitting on a bench which bordered the perimeter of the park (this is a small park) got up to walk away.  he was an older guy and could barely walk with the help of a cane, also his right hand had some kind of huge bandage on it.  i had noticed him sitting on the bench and he seemed so happy to talk to the guy next to him and even as he was struggling to get back to his car he had a huge smile on his face.  it was reminder that getting so upset over some skateboard trick is really just silly.  i am not stoked that people have to deal with disabilities, but to see someone do so with a positive attitude is inspiring at the same time.  just seeing him made me so happy that i have the ability to skate everyday and helped to put some of my petty frustrations in perspective.

slap needs more posters like you

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1733 on: September 14, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »
They're renovating the apartment complex next to ours and it starts at 7-8 a.m. every weekday. Good thing is I get up earlier every morning and get to do more.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1734 on: September 17, 2010, 12:52:43 PM »
Pat Duffy is on Vox, but Justin Strubing isn't even under the mentioned pros in the newsletter.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1735 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »
today i skated for probably a total of like 2 hours, all flatground. just playing games of skate and stuff. had a fucking blast.

now i feel like i got ran over by a bus. im only 23 HELPPP

BFKskateboards

« Reply #1736 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
got some clips for the first time in a long time. nothings better than gettin footy. but my left ankle hurts to where i can't do kickflips. i would give anything to do a painless flatground kickflip.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:07:01 PM by BFKskateboards »

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1737 on: September 18, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
my 2 attractive friends boned
whats crappenin

daniel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1738 on: September 18, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »
Stoked that I'm starting college tomorrow. And stoked on my vyvanse prescription.

Not stoked that college may suck. And I have to take vyvanse for the rest of my life.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1739 on: September 18, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »
I went to this 1017 Brick Squad performance recently. Even though I didn't know who the fuck these rappers were, I went since I already smoked some chronic with my roommates. I didn't want to dip on them because it wasn't my weed and I didn't have anything else to do. So, I lost $20. From 10 to 11, there was music playing and ass shaking. Only one chick tried to dance with me and she was a fat-fuck. (All the decent chicks were just sitting on the stage, waiting for the Brick Squad, and they didn't fuck with anyone.) So, I backed off, and she said, "He scared!" From 11 to 2:30, my buddies and I listened to some shitty-ass, local rap, including two guys rapping about area codes...then, for about fifteen minutes, some Brick Squad guys came out. It sounded amazing, but it was because of all the shitty music we had to endure, which was probably the Brick Squad's plan. My neck was sore as fuck from looking up at the stage, and sleeping on the couch didn't help at all. The shit I'm stoked on...we smoked more weed when we got back around 3. And, as a result of not doing my laundry, I was wearing some really skinny, neon-colored, Enjoi jeans...and didn't get my ass kicked. I didn't get into any fights, either.

I'm bored as fuck at the moment, without anything to do, so I'm just going to sleep.

EDIT:
I got money for doing laundry but I need one dollar bills, not tens...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:27:19 PM by El Venado Zombi »