Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380505 times)

kevbo999

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1740 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
The most perfect looking girl lives in my city, I saw her today for the 3rd or 4th time.  Obviously I didn't talk to her, now I feel lame and lonely.

Also, I heard a sweet song at work but googling the lyrics didn't work.  It's a 70's easy rock ballad and the chorus is like "kind hearted lady, kind hearted woman, allriiiiight."

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1741 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
I went thirteen days without cigarettes, but started smoking out of boredom...[couldn't skate because of the rain, roommates/friends were gone for the weekend]:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:23:16 AM by El Venado Zombi »

acider

« Reply #1742 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
i was skating the park and getting kind of frustrated on a warm up trick.  about mid session a guy who had been sitting on a bench which bordered the perimeter of the park (this is a small park) got up to walk away.  he was an older guy and could barely walk with the help of a cane, also his right hand had some kind of huge bandage on it.  i had noticed him sitting on the bench and he seemed so happy to talk to the guy next to him and even as he was struggling to get back to his car he had a huge smile on his face.  it was reminder that getting so upset over some skateboard trick is really just silly.  i am not stoked that people have to deal with disabilities, but to see someone do so with a positive attitude is inspiring at the same time.  just seeing him made me so happy that i have the ability to skate everyday and helped to put some of my petty frustrations in perspective.

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog?
« Reply #1743 on: September 13, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
I sold my Chicago Bulls snapback for five dollars to an attractive female at the bar the other night.

I'm not stoked on the fact that the same hat is going for sixty dollars+ on ebay right now.

pyrex vision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #1744 on: September 13, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
i was skating the park and getting kind of frustrated on a warm up trick.  about mid session a guy who had been sitting on a bench which bordered the perimeter of the park (this is a small park) got up to walk away.  he was an older guy and could barely walk with the help of a cane, also his right hand had some kind of huge bandage on it.  i had noticed him sitting on the bench and he seemed so happy to talk to the guy next to him and even as he was struggling to get back to his car he had a huge smile on his face.  it was reminder that getting so upset over some skateboard trick is really just silly.  i am not stoked that people have to deal with disabilities, but to see someone do so with a positive attitude is inspiring at the same time.  just seeing him made me so happy that i have the ability to skate everyday and helped to put some of my petty frustrations in perspective.

slap needs more posters like you

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1745 on: September 14, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »
They're renovating the apartment complex next to ours and it starts at 7-8 a.m. every weekday. Good thing is I get up earlier every morning and get to do more.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1746 on: September 17, 2010, 12:52:43 PM »
Pat Duffy is on Vox, but Justin Strubing isn't even under the mentioned pros in the newsletter.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #1747 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »
today i skated for probably a total of like 2 hours, all flatground. just playing games of skate and stuff. had a fucking blast.

now i feel like i got ran over by a bus. im only 23 HELPPP

BFKskateboards

« Reply #1748 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:30 PM »
got some clips for the first time in a long time. nothings better than gettin footy. but my left ankle hurts to where i can't do kickflips. i would give anything to do a painless flatground kickflip.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:07:01 PM by BFKskateboards »

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1749 on: September 18, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »
my 2 attractive friends boned
whats crappenin

daniel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1750 on: September 18, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »
Stoked that I'm starting college tomorrow. And stoked on my vyvanse prescription.

Not stoked that college may suck. And I have to take vyvanse for the rest of my life.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1751 on: September 18, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »
I went to this 1017 Brick Squad performance recently. Even though I didn't know who the fuck these rappers were, I went since I already smoked some chronic with my roommates. I didn't want to dip on them because it wasn't my weed and I didn't have anything else to do. So, I lost $20. From 10 to 11, there was music playing and ass shaking. Only one chick tried to dance with me and she was a fat-fuck. (All the decent chicks were just sitting on the stage, waiting for the Brick Squad, and they didn't fuck with anyone.) So, I backed off, and she said, "He scared!" From 11 to 2:30, my buddies and I listened to some shitty-ass, local rap, including two guys rapping about area codes...then, for about fifteen minutes, some Brick Squad guys came out. It sounded amazing, but it was because of all the shitty music we had to endure, which was probably the Brick Squad's plan. My neck was sore as fuck from looking up at the stage, and sleeping on the couch didn't help at all. The shit I'm stoked on...we smoked more weed when we got back around 3. And, as a result of not doing my laundry, I was wearing some really skinny, neon-colored, Enjoi jeans...and didn't get my ass kicked. I didn't get into any fights, either.

I'm bored as fuck at the moment, without anything to do, so I'm just going to sleep.

EDIT:
I got money for doing laundry but I need one dollar bills, not tens...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 06:27:19 PM by El Venado Zombi »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #1752 on: September 19, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »
Sold my barely working truck. I could use the money but god damn am I going to miss that heap of shit.

jimi420

« Reply #1753 on: September 19, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
Stoked that I'm starting college tomorrow. And stoked on my vyvanse prescription.

Not stoked that college may suck. And I have to take vyvanse for the rest of my life.
you've probably heard this alot but college is sick. I just started a few weeks ago and it's so fun. since i'm a freshmen most of my classes are just bullshit classes like weightlifting or listening to jazz music. Another class is about watching movies. Plus honies abound.

Fell really hard trying a tailslide. I stuck, landed on my knees, and fell on my chest, face, and smacked my palms on the ground. I haven't had a good fall like that in forever.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #1754 on: September 19, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
I have a passion of finding slap pals on facebook, and Mitchell Logan gets all pokey with me...?

Mackattack

« Reply #1755 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:06 PM »
Anyone seen this new Real and Chance show on Vh1 where they hunt legendary creatures or some shit?

Ghetto bandana clad Dundees, noodlin fish.

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1756 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
im now a full member
whats crappenin

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #1757 on: September 19, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »
Anyone seen this new Real and Chance show on Vh1 where they hunt legendary creatures or some shit?

Ghetto bandana clad Dundees, noodlin fish.

not stoked on that show

lighting

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1758 on: September 20, 2010, 12:22:17 AM »
I sold my Chicago Bulls snapback for five dollars to an attractive female at the bar the other night.
I'm stoked I already can tell the type of person you are, I'm not stoked you're probably a pussy that doesn't interact with girls much.
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -177
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1759 on: September 20, 2010, 05:09:32 AM »
My mate is no longer Pro status, but that means that the board of his that i have will be worth something in the future... right?

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1760 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:35 AM »
Having to do homework for the first time in 6 years.  Slightly stoked I actually bothered to do it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:55:02 AM by ALT »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #1761 on: September 20, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »
My mate is no longer Pro status, but that means that the board of his that i have will be worth something in the future... right?

Is his name Heath Kirchart?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: September 21, 2010, 03:13:44 AM »

Is his name Heath Kirchart?

Yeah man

Lol, nah its Tom Watts, Skated for a UK company called Unabomber

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #1763 on: September 21, 2010, 03:21:51 AM »
The American health care system. Had some sense scared into me by fellow poster. 1000$ for a blood test? I can see why no one visits the doctor and just waits until shits really really bad before checking it

Stoked to live in the great white north

pube tube

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1764 on: September 21, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »
The American health care system. Had some sense scared into me by fellow poster. 1000$ for a blood test? I can see why no one visits the doctor and just waits until shits really really bad before checking it

Absolutely terrible.  Got a good $6,000 + I'm gonna have to pay here shortly when I decide to actually fix my dental problems.  :'(

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #1765 on: September 21, 2010, 05:56:34 AM »
Dropped by the shop yesterday and found some canvas janoskis, my first ever pair of nikes. Stoked on finding a pair of 13s that fit my clown feet... not stoked on the labor that produced them and the fact that i just noticed they're lined with leather and suede.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1766 on: September 21, 2010, 08:12:22 AM »
Dropped by the shop yesterday and found some canvas janoskis, my first ever pair of nikes. Stoked on finding a pair of 13s that fit my clown feet... not stoked on the labor that produced them and the fact that i just noticed they're lined with leather and suede.

whats so bad about that?

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1767 on: September 21, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
^I'm assuming he's vegan, or at least vegetarian. I thought that the laces were suede or made from some animal material, though.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 556
« Reply #1768 on: September 21, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »

Absolutely terrible.  Got a good $6,000 + I'm gonna have to pay here shortly when I decide to actually fix my dental problems.  :'(

I dont think you get dental coverage in many countries. you dont in canada

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #1769 on: September 21, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »
^I'm assuming he's vegan, or at least vegetarian. I thought that the laces were suede or made from some animal material, though.
yeah, im vegan. And the laces are leather, but they come with regular black laces that look better and actually stay tied