Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 379553 times)

El Venado Zombi

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1770 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »
Sell them, cut your losses, buy a pair of Winos, and a Black & Mild.

On second thought, you might make some bank on eBay.

tonysean

« Reply #1771 on: September 22, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »
focused my board and it felt soo good! but now i cant skate...

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #1772 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
so stoked that i can finally wear my flannels again without leaving a trail of sweat. not stoked that that means that i will have to wear a fucking winter jacket soon, because it?s getting cold so damn fast.

but still stoked on all the incredible colors of the fall.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #1773 on: September 22, 2010, 02:42:31 PM »
I have a reason not to go out, watch movies, play video games and lay on the couch all day. Too bad it's because of a flu.

pyrex vision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #1774 on: September 22, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »

Being away from my girl sucks so goddamn much, but I've texted her every day and she's just as stoked for me to come back and visit in November as I am. Also, she's totally dtf. She's really the only thing I'm looking forward to in my life right now. My priorities are fucked

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #1775 on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:59 AM »
My internet was being sketch but it's alright now. My roommate fucked up the toilet before I was gone (around 5 PM), so I borrowed a plunger, and fixed it up around 3 AM. I fucked around until two, playing soccer, and fucked around some more. It's 4:37 AM, as I'm typing this, and I need to do a chemistry lab, as well as the procedure for the next one. I also have to write a profile essay, which I'm doing on salvia...I'll take a nap after chem. lab, and write it around noon.

BFKskateboards

« Reply #1776 on: September 23, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Stoked that I'm starting college tomorrow. And stoked on my vyvanse prescription.

Not stoked that college may suck. And I have to take vyvanse for the rest of my life.
you've probably heard this alot but college is sick. I just started a few weeks ago and it's so fun. since i'm a freshmen most of my classes are just bullshit classes like weightlifting or listening to jazz music. Another class is about watching movies. Plus honies abound.

Fell really hard trying a tailslide. I stuck, landed on my knees, and fell on my chest, face, and smacked my palms on the ground. I haven't had a good fall like that in forever.

slamming feels good man

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #1777 on: September 23, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
a friend of mine wrecked his motorcycle about a week ago, they didn't expect him to pull through. it now looks like he is going to live. However....he is paralyzed and has permanent brain damage.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #1779 on: September 23, 2010, 12:00:38 PM »
going to montreal for the weekend, sans board though. i dont think i would have skated much anyway

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -177
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1780 on: September 28, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »

[/quote]
slamming feels good man
[/quote]

Yeah but i dont know why

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #1781 on: September 28, 2010, 07:09:45 AM »
there's some guy at UT with a gun trying to shoot himself so I can't go to school yet. It's 9:00 and I have class @ 9:30.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #1782 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:14 AM »
Now it's 11 and they're looking for some other dude who supposedly has a gun, classes are cancelled so imma go skate today!!

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1783 on: September 28, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
got a kidney stone but got  a bottle of vicoden
whats crappenin

Beeda Weeda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1784 on: September 28, 2010, 09:21:04 AM »
I was fucking a chick on saturday night/sunday mroning, horrible sex, she was lying there like she was dead, good looking girl, but I was over it after her un-enthusiastic performance, she even  invited me over too instigated the whole thing. So, I bent her over and realized she had a tattoo of a butterfly on her right ass cheek, then I was officially over it.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1785 on: October 04, 2010, 09:37:04 AM »
I am spending hardly any time at work these days.  Pretty much just go in and check some emails and then leave.  But all this time off is because my deployment date is solid and it's really fucking close.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
« Reply #1786 on: October 04, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »
Stoked I just learned I'm getting the max amount of money, but not stoked the VA is slow at processing my papers.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1787 on: October 04, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »
i got all drunk while i was skating this weekend. 
i had mad fun but i came home with a shitload of cuts and bruises and have no idea how i got them?  i only noticed when i jumped in the shower and everything started to sting and shit.  coming home all hurt i know i had fun, i just wish i remembered how much fun i had.   

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1788 on: October 04, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
Stoked I just learned I'm getting the max amount of money, but not stoked the VA is slow at processing my papers.

Are you getting a percentage for a med board or something or is this for school?

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1789 on: October 04, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

Are you getting a percentage for a med board or something or is this for school?
It's for school. I need the money now, my dogs needs her shots and I need to pay for books. How long does it normally take?

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1790 on: October 04, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »
I hate to say this, but I would say up to 3 months.  It's always best to link up with the VA as soon as classes open so you can get your schedule in ASAP.  If you wait til the beginning of the semester, the system gets very bogged down.  The longest I ever waited was 3 months, but if I did it as soon as I could, I would get it right at the beginning.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1791 on: October 04, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
I hate to say this, but I would say up to 3 months.?  It's always best to link up with the VA as soon as classes open so you can get your schedule in ASAP.?  If you wait til the beginning of the semester, the system gets very bogged down.?  The longest I ever waited was 3 months, but if I did it as soon as I could, I would get it right at the beginning.
Fuck. I did it in August, probably about a week or two before classes started. So it's been about a month. The papers have been sent and the VA has them, so I'll have to call the VA to see whats up. If I do have to wait these months, do I get the total amount for those 3 months or will I receive money for one month? I have this benefit for a whole year. I need this money ASAP, I have too many things I need to pay for and buy.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1792 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
Call them up and hassle the shit out of your rep.  And yes, you will get it all back paid, which will be awesome.... just not now.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1793 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »
Met the sickest most sincere middle aged dude (mid 40s to 50s) on the streets named Todd.  He said he used to skate and I was thinking to myself oh ok one of these guys again.  Then he started asking me if I could do tricks that most people wouldn't know the terminology for "ollie impossible", "nollie flip."  He started naming off his old favorite pros asking if they still skated: Mark Gonzales, Ray Barbee, Bucky Lasek, Christian Hosoi, Natas, and Tommy Guerrero.  I was skating the Tommy Guerrero krooked guest deck and showed him.  He said he used have his Bones Brigade board.  I just had an hour long conversation with this dude.  Most southern dude ever.  What I wasn't stoked on though was because this man was homeless.  He had no apparent drug or alcohol problems.  He was talking shit about all the people who came downtown to get drunk and how they were more of a nuisance than skateboarders.  He also said he was super bummed because his friends got into heavy drugs and faded out of skateboarding he claimed some had real talent.  He said he finally got the courage to do a handrail right when his friends and faded out and thats when he quit skating.  He hadn't skated in over 10 years I got some footage of him attempting a kickflip and he landed a nollie front shove.  Was so bummed that this dude was homeless though, sucks that some genuinely nice people have to live on the streets.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:10:54 PM by nevercomply »

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1794 on: October 08, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »
Met the sickest most sincere middle aged dude (mid 40s to 50s) on the streets named Todd. ? He said he used to skate and I was thinking to myself oh ok one of these guys again. ? Then he started asking me if I could do tricks that most people wouldn't know the terminology for "ollie impossible", "nollie flip." ? He started naming off his old favorite pros asking if they still skated: Mark Gonzales, Ray Barbee, Bucky Lasek, Christian Hosoi, Natas, and Tommy Guerrero. ? I was skating the Tommy Guerrero krooked guest deck and showed him. ? He said he used have his Bones Brigade board. ? I just had an hour long conversation with this dude. ? Most southern dude ever. ? What I wasn't stoked on though was because this man was homeless. ? He had no apparent drug or alcohol problems. ? He was talking shit about all the people who came downtown to get drunk and how they were more of a nuisance than skateboarders. ? He also said he was super bummed because his friends got into heavy drugs and faded out of skateboarding he claimed some had real talent. ? He said he finally got the courage to do a handrail right when his friends and faded out and thats when he quit skating. ? He hadn't skated in over 10 years I got some footage of him attempting a kickflip and he landed a nollie front shove. ? Was so bummed that this dude was homeless though, sucks that some genuinely nice people have to live on the streets.
That's awesome, but sad at the same time. Buy him a setup, I'm sure he would be stoked.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1795 on: October 08, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
Met the sickest most sincere middle aged dude (mid 40s to 50s) on the streets named Todd. ? He said he used to skate and I was thinking to myself oh ok one of these guys again. ? Then he started asking me if I could do tricks that most people wouldn't know the terminology for "ollie impossible", "nollie flip." ? He started naming off his old favorite pros asking if they still skated: Mark Gonzales, Ray Barbee, Bucky Lasek, Christian Hosoi, Natas, and Tommy Guerrero. ? I was skating the Tommy Guerrero krooked guest deck and showed him. ? He said he used have his Bones Brigade board. ? I just had an hour long conversation with this dude. ? Most southern dude ever. ? What I wasn't stoked on though was because this man was homeless. ? He had no apparent drug or alcohol problems. ? He was talking shit about all the people who came downtown to get drunk and how they were more of a nuisance than skateboarders. ? He also said he was super bummed because his friends got into heavy drugs and faded out of skateboarding he claimed some had real talent. ? He said he finally got the courage to do a handrail right when his friends and faded out and thats when he quit skating. ? He hadn't skated in over 10 years I got some footage of him attempting a kickflip and he landed a nollie front shove. ? Was so bummed that this dude was homeless though, sucks that some genuinely nice people have to live on the streets.
That's awesome, but sad at the same time. Buy him a setup, I'm sure he would be stoked.

If I ever run into that guy again and have cash on me I definitely will.

Edit: He's at the end of this video:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:19:52 PM by nevercomply »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
« Reply #1796 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:51 AM »
I had a date last Sunday that went super well and I plan on having another one in the near future and hopefully get into a somewhat steady relationship, but we're both super busy for the past and next week. Stoked that this is all actually happening to me for once, but the uncertainty and waiting is killing me.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #1797 on: November 01, 2010, 10:20:34 PM »
Doing all my schoolwork from the past two weeks in a couple hours. Due in... Two hours. My head kills. But this wonderful procrastination gave me plenty of time to just skate and chill. Overall it's a fifty fifty swing, as long as I pass my classes.

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 45
    • proskates.com
« Reply #1798 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:38 AM »
Epicly wasted this weekend... completely burned the bridge with a girl via a 3:00 blackout rage text. i was seeing for a long time.. however she had it coming and now I have nothing keeping me in this mildly shitty province.

Also stoked on spending sunday night strung out on the floor on mushrooms with the homies.

jimi420

« Reply #1799 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »
A 24 year old black mom asked me to help her with our government homework sometime and with a wink said that she could think of some way to pay me back but i have a girlfriend.