Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 382118 times)

Mackattack

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1890 on: January 21, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
My roomates dog waltzed into my room and casually dropped a used menstrual pad on my floor,  inches from my Sega Genesis controller. I took it out back and burned it with lighter fluid.

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2049
« Reply #1891 on: January 21, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Really stoked: they're filming a movie by my office, this is basically in the shadow of the Capital building, and almost in front of the Governor's Mansion (you can juuuust start to see part of it in the first photo). Anyway, they put up the biggest fucking green screen I've ever seen in my life... it's so green it just emanates awesomeness.

Not stoked: it's for some Twilight bullshit so I'll probably never see what they did to the park this is in.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1892 on: January 21, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1893 on: January 22, 2011, 01:48:02 AM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #1894 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
Was supposed to get beer and pizza with this cute asian girl last night. She forgot, and didn't show. The beer and pizza was really good.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #1895 on: January 22, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
Was supposed to get beer and pizza with this cute asian girl last night. She forgot, and didn't show. The beer and pizza was really good.

haha awesome, there's always a silver lining!

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #1896 on: January 22, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »
My roomates dog waltzed into my room and casually dropped a used menstrual pad on my floor,?  inches from my Sega Genesis controller. I took it out back and burned it with lighter fluid.

The dog??????

jimi420

« Reply #1897 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
Got a new girl, but the only problem is, is that she's a.... JUGGALET! tricky ass juggalets making me think they're good people.
Perhaps you will be our sleeper agent reporting on next year's gathering of the juggalos.

back this fucking idea, somebody get this kid some face-paint, a t-shirt and a hatchet man necklace.
I better not mention that i know how magnets work, that might out me.  

Haha. How did you fall for a juggalette? They're pretty open about being ICP fans (i.e. hillbillies).

was she overweight, missing teeth, braided hair with a eyebrow piercing?
She looked like everyone else! Stick skinny, no face paint, all her teeth and nice auburn hair. The only give away that she was a juggalette was that stupid hacketman tattoo. Then i started hanging out with her more and hearing ICP and she talked about going to that damn Meeting of the Juggalos. She tricked me.
You're in whether you like it or not soldier. Your mission is to trick the female into thinking you have affections for her and slide you're way into the Gathering. From there, you will observe and document the action of the Juggalettes and 'los. Keep frosty. Don't let your guard down. After the Gathering, dispose of the female.
If it's my duty then I'll have to accept. I want to write a novel about it. I want to title it Niggalo: The Secret Life of a Black Juggalo

Mackattack

« Reply #1898 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08:33 PM »
My roomates dog waltzed into my room and casually dropped a used menstrual pad on my floor,??  inches from my Sega Genesis controller. I took it out back and burned it with lighter fluid.

The dog??????

Haha the pad. The dog is my soulmate.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards
« Reply #1899 on: January 24, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
I had a fun session at the park today with some friends, got a couple b roll lines on film, but then when we left, i think i forgot my board leaning up against my car, and when we got back it was no where to be found.
gonna have to buy a new complete tomorrow. i hate fresh clean completes.
and im gonna miss my stage 8 indys. sniffle...slapsniffle...sniffle.
@idealhandmades

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #1900 on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »
Bought a car.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1901 on: January 26, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
Finally finished this restaurant table-top display. Using spray-adhesive in a poorly ventilated room gave me a major headache.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1902 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
Bought a car.

Congrats! What's the part you're not stoked on?
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1903 on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
Pretty faced chubby girls.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #1904 on: January 27, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »
So I got a call from this realtor letting me know I got an apartment I was after. Such a relief since I leave in two days. But when I lived out there last year, I had bought and brought some furniture, which I had to leave, expecting my friends to at least hold on to them so they can keep using them until I came back. This dude I've lost all trust in already blew it even harder. He brought my couch, skate bench, and dresser to his new place next door, but I guess he left it in their basement and some fucks who apparently worked there cleaned the basement and my shit was gone. So now I have my mattress and a desk chair. My place isn't even big (A small studio), but I was hoping I wouldn't have to get much to furnish it. At least I'm getting the deposit back for the last place, so I can get a Uhaul and dominate the Salvation Army.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #1905 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:15 PM »
Bought a car.

Congrats! What's the part you're not stoked on?

Just kinda shitting realizing how much money I put down. Im bad at being an adult.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 340
« Reply #1906 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:15 AM »
I can't sleep so I bought some Jordans online on a stoned impulse buy.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #1907 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:55 AM »
I finished my exams for this semester, but decided that I dont want to continue to study Law.  It has been in my head for some time now, and I finally decided, that Im gonna continue law only till I found out if Im  accepted for college and type of studium I like.  As soon as they accept me, Im out.

So, yeah, Im stoked that I finally decided to to that, but not stoked about telling my family.. My mum and Dad sorta know already, and they are okay with it, but my grandfather is gonna be super bummed. He always wanted me to become a lawyer.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #1908 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
I finished my exams for this semester, but decided that I dont want to continue to study Law.  It has been in my head for some time now, and I finally decided, that Im gonna continue law only till I found out if Im  accepted for college and type of studium I like.  As soon as they accept me, Im out.

So, yeah, Im stoked that I finally decided to to that, but not stoked about telling my family.. My mum and Dad sorta know already, and they are okay with it, but my grandfather is gonna be super bummed. He always wanted me to become a lawyer.
I think you find that outside the scope of their immediate disappointment, your family will be happy with that fact that you're becoming your own person. A lot of times people tend to follow a set path under the impression that it's the family will...but when you get there you're not happy. Since middle school I always thought my parents had pressure on me to become an educator. My grandmother was a school teacher (grandfather was a postmaster and war veteran), my parents were both school teachers, my sister a school teacher and my brother a (golf) instructor. I always felt like the black sheep when I said I wanted to be a professional bowler, then an actor, then an artist. After a conversation with Momma DL a while back, it was actually something my family always looked at with pride that I was the one picking a different position than what was expected. Pretty much the only pressure was the illusion of disappointing my Mom and Dad. Mom actually is more stoked on me just finding what I want to do.

Congratulations on finding what you don't want to do.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #1909 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »

I think you find that outside the scope of their immediate disappointment, your family will be happy with that fact that you're becoming your own person. A lot of times people tend to follow a set path under the impression that it's the family will...but when you get there you're not happy. Since middle school I always thought my parents had pressure on me to become an educator. My grandmother was a school teacher (grandfather was a postmaster and war veteran), my parents were both school teachers, my sister a school teacher and my brother a (golf) instructor. I always felt like the black sheep when I said I wanted to be a professional bowler, then an actor, then an artist. After a conversation with Momma DL a while back, it was actually something my family always looked at with pride that I was the one picking a different position than what was expected. Pretty much the only pressure was the illusion of disappointing my Mom and Dad. Mom actually is more stoked on me just finding what I want to do.

Congratulations on finding what you don't want to do.

Thanx, I think that parents will be allright, Im telling them tommorow,  and my mum always asks me if Im happy at college, because Im not really a lawyer type.  And the studium Im aplying is British and American Studies, which is something that Im always wanted to do and I already talked to some people who are studying it through emails,and I told them about my marks, and certificates I have, and they pretty much told me that as soon as I send the registration, Im in, because they want people like me. So only next two months on law, and Im out.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #1910 on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
Tighter trucks -> better at skateboardering

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1911 on: February 02, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
I'm slightly stoked that you said "skateboardering"
but not so stoked on the idea of tight trucks.
@idealhandmades

Skater Austin

« Reply #1912 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:48 PM »
lol,my cousin got arrested again, but maybe this will teach her a lesson.
http://www.whiotv.com/news/26678864/detail.html

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -177
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1913 on: February 04, 2011, 03:55:19 AM »
watched Kayo DGK its official last night, wasfucking quality...until it just stopped working and wouldnt play after half way through :(

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog?
« Reply #1914 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
i missed out on an indoor park session tonight and most of my friends are out of town for the weekend.

so now i'm sitting here streaming conan o'brien videos by myself. ah well.

this is stoke-worthy:

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1915 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
I was told last night, that my step brother and his kid were standing in front of their house last week when a car rolled by and shot at them.  Then they went for a drive to see if they could find the car, which they did.  I don't know what happened there, but when they got back home the car showed up.  Two dudes got out and started fighting with my stepbrother while his kid ran inside.  Kid comes out with a gun and a baseball bat.  Shoots one dude in the neck and my stepbrother nearly beats the other one to death.  He actually thought he killed him. 

So, I'm like "huh"?  ???

I was told they both have felonies, so neither of them are supposed to have a gun, plus they have two completely fucked up thugs in their front yard.  That doesn't sound too good to me, but whatevs.

So, I check the paper.  Holy fuck.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1145625769/Man-shot-another-beaten-with-bat-in-Rockford

So, I call my sister to see if she knows anything, and she is like "huh"? ???
(we don't really socialize with them as they are clearly fucking hillbillies. I saw them for five minutes at christmas)

She calls and gets some more info.  Seems they are hiding out somewhere, along with the wife and daughter ( who is about to give birth any day, which if you are a fucking hillbilly, raising a girl hillbilly, why wouldn't you get her sterilized, or at least put here on birth control until she is 20, give her a fighting chance to break her predestined duty to get knocked up as a teenager and continue the viscous cycle of hillbillydom?  But that is another topic for another day), I am guessing they are more hiding from redneck retaliation, than from the cops, but I'm not sure.   

In closing, people are fucking stupid, and it seems that I am half not-actually-at-all-but-still-sort-of related to some of them.  So, my dad is going to get stuck with this burden along with the raising of step kids and multiple grand step kids that he has already endured.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1916 on: February 06, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
So I got a new job , less hours , better position , more pay , and less stress . But its soooooo boring food , and not insperational . Compared to my last job I guess its like Leaving chocolate for selfish ...

guess I can go party more and skate more or something now ...  fucking depressed over this shit ,

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #1917 on: February 06, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »

Anybody got advice on moving in with your friends?

Right know I'm living with my cousin and her friend, it's an ok living situation but It's semi-boring and lonely...I wanted to switch things up and move in with two of my pretty close friends...

I just keep talking to people about it and get the same "moving in with your friends is a bad idea" thing. I'm just worried that regular hanging out and regular friend things that we do will get fucked up by living together.
But then again I'd be stoked to live with them because they're responsible, clean, they skate, and are into cool shit. We all are also really busy and are rarely not at school or work so I feel by living together we'll have more bonding time...haha. I'm also the type of person that can easily put up with other's shit and I don't easily get tired of people, so I don't think being around each other 24/7 would piss me off.

I dunno, somebody throw me some advice or something.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1918 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
you'll be fine with living with friends, because its a pre-established relationship that you know you won't have to force, and won't be boring/lonely/lame.
I say go for it.
@idealhandmades

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #1919 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »
This really hot girl who used to like me who turned out to be batshit mental, which i didn't discover till i fucked shit up (because i was treating her like a normal human and not a mental patient), has started texting me again. I saw her at this party the other night and sort of waved at her when she looked at me but then she looked away like she didnt recognise me, later on she passed out next to me but i was like fuck that and got out.

These are some examples of the texts:

'Damn really annoyed i didn't get to properly see you on saturday, I told myself before the party i was going to make sure i spent time with you'

to which i said something that involved me telling the story of her like not like recognising me and she replied

'How could i forget you xxxxxxxx'

Split minded.