Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709498 times)

artichoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1890 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:15 AM »
I can't sleep so I bought some Jordans online on a stoned impulse buy.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #1891 on: February 01, 2011, 03:28:55 AM »
I finished my exams for this semester, but decided that I dont want to continue to study Law.  It has been in my head for some time now, and I finally decided, that Im gonna continue law only till I found out if Im  accepted for college and type of studium I like.  As soon as they accept me, Im out.

So, yeah, Im stoked that I finally decided to to that, but not stoked about telling my family.. My mum and Dad sorta know already, and they are okay with it, but my grandfather is gonna be super bummed. He always wanted me to become a lawyer.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #1892 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:41 AM »
I finished my exams for this semester, but decided that I dont want to continue to study Law.  It has been in my head for some time now, and I finally decided, that Im gonna continue law only till I found out if Im  accepted for college and type of studium I like.  As soon as they accept me, Im out.

So, yeah, Im stoked that I finally decided to to that, but not stoked about telling my family.. My mum and Dad sorta know already, and they are okay with it, but my grandfather is gonna be super bummed. He always wanted me to become a lawyer.
I think you find that outside the scope of their immediate disappointment, your family will be happy with that fact that you're becoming your own person. A lot of times people tend to follow a set path under the impression that it's the family will...but when you get there you're not happy. Since middle school I always thought my parents had pressure on me to become an educator. My grandmother was a school teacher (grandfather was a postmaster and war veteran), my parents were both school teachers, my sister a school teacher and my brother a (golf) instructor. I always felt like the black sheep when I said I wanted to be a professional bowler, then an actor, then an artist. After a conversation with Momma DL a while back, it was actually something my family always looked at with pride that I was the one picking a different position than what was expected. Pretty much the only pressure was the illusion of disappointing my Mom and Dad. Mom actually is more stoked on me just finding what I want to do.

Congratulations on finding what you don't want to do.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #1893 on: February 01, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think you find that outside the scope of their immediate disappointment, your family will be happy with that fact that you're becoming your own person. A lot of times people tend to follow a set path under the impression that it's the family will...but when you get there you're not happy. Since middle school I always thought my parents had pressure on me to become an educator. My grandmother was a school teacher (grandfather was a postmaster and war veteran), my parents were both school teachers, my sister a school teacher and my brother a (golf) instructor. I always felt like the black sheep when I said I wanted to be a professional bowler, then an actor, then an artist. After a conversation with Momma DL a while back, it was actually something my family always looked at with pride that I was the one picking a different position than what was expected. Pretty much the only pressure was the illusion of disappointing my Mom and Dad. Mom actually is more stoked on me just finding what I want to do.

Congratulations on finding what you don't want to do.

Thanx, I think that parents will be allright, Im telling them tommorow,  and my mum always asks me if Im happy at college, because Im not really a lawyer type.  And the studium Im aplying is British and American Studies, which is something that Im always wanted to do and I already talked to some people who are studying it through emails,and I told them about my marks, and certificates I have, and they pretty much told me that as soon as I send the registration, Im in, because they want people like me. So only next two months on law, and Im out.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #1894 on: February 02, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
Tighter trucks -> better at skateboardering

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1895 on: February 02, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
I'm slightly stoked that you said "skateboardering"
but not so stoked on the idea of tight trucks.
@idealhandmades

Skater Austin

« Reply #1896 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:48 PM »
lol,my cousin got arrested again, but maybe this will teach her a lesson.
http://www.whiotv.com/news/26678864/detail.html

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1897 on: February 04, 2011, 03:55:19 AM »
watched Kayo DGK its official last night, wasfucking quality...until it just stopped working and wouldnt play after half way through :(

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #1898 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
i missed out on an indoor park session tonight and most of my friends are out of town for the weekend.

so now i'm sitting here streaming conan o'brien videos by myself. ah well.

this is stoke-worthy:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1899 on: February 05, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
I was told last night, that my step brother and his kid were standing in front of their house last week when a car rolled by and shot at them.  Then they went for a drive to see if they could find the car, which they did.  I don't know what happened there, but when they got back home the car showed up.  Two dudes got out and started fighting with my stepbrother while his kid ran inside.  Kid comes out with a gun and a baseball bat.  Shoots one dude in the neck and my stepbrother nearly beats the other one to death.  He actually thought he killed him. 

So, I'm like "huh"?  ???

I was told they both have felonies, so neither of them are supposed to have a gun, plus they have two completely fucked up thugs in their front yard.  That doesn't sound too good to me, but whatevs.

So, I check the paper.  Holy fuck.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1145625769/Man-shot-another-beaten-with-bat-in-Rockford

So, I call my sister to see if she knows anything, and she is like "huh"? ???
(we don't really socialize with them as they are clearly fucking hillbillies. I saw them for five minutes at christmas)

She calls and gets some more info.  Seems they are hiding out somewhere, along with the wife and daughter ( who is about to give birth any day, which if you are a fucking hillbilly, raising a girl hillbilly, why wouldn't you get her sterilized, or at least put here on birth control until she is 20, give her a fighting chance to break her predestined duty to get knocked up as a teenager and continue the viscous cycle of hillbillydom?  But that is another topic for another day), I am guessing they are more hiding from redneck retaliation, than from the cops, but I'm not sure.   

In closing, people are fucking stupid, and it seems that I am half not-actually-at-all-but-still-sort-of related to some of them.  So, my dad is going to get stuck with this burden along with the raising of step kids and multiple grand step kids that he has already endured.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1900 on: February 06, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
So I got a new job , less hours , better position , more pay , and less stress . But its soooooo boring food , and not insperational . Compared to my last job I guess its like Leaving chocolate for selfish ...

guess I can go party more and skate more or something now ...  fucking depressed over this shit ,

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #1901 on: February 06, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »

Anybody got advice on moving in with your friends?

Right know I'm living with my cousin and her friend, it's an ok living situation but It's semi-boring and lonely...I wanted to switch things up and move in with two of my pretty close friends...

I just keep talking to people about it and get the same "moving in with your friends is a bad idea" thing. I'm just worried that regular hanging out and regular friend things that we do will get fucked up by living together.
But then again I'd be stoked to live with them because they're responsible, clean, they skate, and are into cool shit. We all are also really busy and are rarely not at school or work so I feel by living together we'll have more bonding time...haha. I'm also the type of person that can easily put up with other's shit and I don't easily get tired of people, so I don't think being around each other 24/7 would piss me off.

I dunno, somebody throw me some advice or something.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1902 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
you'll be fine with living with friends, because its a pre-established relationship that you know you won't have to force, and won't be boring/lonely/lame.
I say go for it.
@idealhandmades

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1903 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »
This really hot girl who used to like me who turned out to be batshit mental, which i didn't discover till i fucked shit up (because i was treating her like a normal human and not a mental patient), has started texting me again. I saw her at this party the other night and sort of waved at her when she looked at me but then she looked away like she didnt recognise me, later on she passed out next to me but i was like fuck that and got out.

These are some examples of the texts:

'Damn really annoyed i didn't get to properly see you on saturday, I told myself before the party i was going to make sure i spent time with you'

to which i said something that involved me telling the story of her like not like recognising me and she replied

'How could i forget you xxxxxxxx'

Split minded.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1904 on: February 07, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
you'll be fine with living with friends, because its a pre-established relationship that you know you won't have to force, and won't be boring/lonely/lame.
I say go for it.

very true, right now i'm in the place where i have to force a relationship with my cousin's friend who i currently live with, it sucks. I've lived with her for 6 months and we barely talk.

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #1905 on: February 07, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
Tony hawk getting divorced.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1906 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:50 AM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1907 on: February 08, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »
Everything is super depressing school, job (at least i got one , stoked on that) ,  winter and the fact that if im lucky if i  can skate once in a week , and so on.
Im not even complaining Im just sayn that everything has gotten so boring , same routine same everything , Lifes pretty boring right now, not good , not bad ....Boring , but thats basically bad....
Soo dear slappals do you got sum sort of super good advice how to make your life more interesting ,funner and better. ::)
i think i was,anyways

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1908 on: February 08, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
Nice long session today. The sun even came out. Lost the battle with tailslide bigspins........ this time.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1909 on: February 08, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
Everything is super depressing school, job (at least i got one , stoked on that) ,  winter and the fact that if im lucky if i  can skate once in a week , and so on.
Im not even complaining Im just sayn that everything has gotten so boring , same routine same everything , Lifes pretty boring right now, not good , not bad ....Boring , but thats basically bad....
Soo dear slappals do you got sum sort of super good advice how to make your life more interesting ,funner and better. ::)
crazy projects you thought you would never actually do

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1910 on: February 09, 2011, 02:31:46 AM »
tonight i went to a bar with this girl i met in the library, made out with her, then we were walking back to her place and when we were there she was like you wanna come up?  so i go in...and she lives in a fucking dorm, and shares a room.  she's an undergrad in college.  roommates were cockblocks and i got no pussy and am now alone in my room typing this drunk and eating chocolate-covered pretzels.

sounds like a start to me.
@idealhandmades

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1911 on: February 09, 2011, 08:27:04 AM »
Ordered two slap shirts on the 27th, but still haven't got any shipping confirmation.

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #1912 on: February 09, 2011, 12:16:43 PM »

Anybody got advice on moving in with your friends?

Right know I'm living with my cousin and her friend, it's an ok living situation but It's semi-boring and lonely...I wanted to switch things up and move in with two of my pretty close friends...

I just keep talking to people about it and get the same "moving in with your friends is a bad idea" thing. I'm just worried that regular hanging out and regular friend things that we do will get fucked up by living together.
But then again I'd be stoked to live with them because they're responsible, clean, they skate, and are into cool shit. We all are also really busy and are rarely not at school or work so I feel by living together we'll have more bonding time...haha. I'm also the type of person that can easily put up with other's shit and I don't easily get tired of people, so I don't think being around each other 24/7 would piss me off.

I dunno, somebody throw me some advice or something.

I live with one of my best friends, like I met this dude on the first day of gr.11 in a new town and now i'm almost a year out of school. Anyways when it was time to move to the big city my mom helped us find an apartment and we moved in together. We smoke weed everyday (my weed is your weed) did acid on a monday night like 2 weeks ago, skate and snowboard and job hunt and do whatever. It just feels like we're chillin all day, our apartments small and we're pretty much forced to hang out all the time if you don't wanna stay in your room. If there's a girl over, the dude with no chick goes and chills in his room until you and your chick go into your room. 2 girls? Just both hang out in your room. If you base your relationship on friends and not roomates it'll be smooth sailing. Just get fucked up lots and be chill. Be prepared for somebody to be lazy and dirty, just dont be afraid to let em know wassup. It'll also be a plus if you guys share mutual friends so nobody trys to claim territory when people come over.

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #1913 on: February 09, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »
Bad news: I have been snowed in at work since 5pm last night.

good news: On the clock playing Black Ops for 3 days.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1914 on: February 10, 2011, 03:17:28 AM »
i dont understand how COTG can say he skates at least 6 hours every single day, i skated at lease 5 hours a day for the last 6 days and my legs are completley dead, walking up stairs is a mission

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1915 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:29 AM »
i dont understand how COTG can say he skates at least 6 hours every single day, i skated at lease 5 hours a day for the last 6 days and my legs are completley dead, walking up stairs is a mission

Its all relative , split it up to 2 3 hour sessions ,  or just take a break 1 or 2 days , skate again 5-6 hours and then repeat , and it will get easier ,   i started working 8 hours a day , then stepped it up to 12 , and then 16 hour days 5 days in a row ,

in the start I was dead from 1 week of 16 hour shifts , but after a while u get used to it . still not easy but u get used to everything in life

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1916 on: February 10, 2011, 03:53:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its all relative , split it up to 2 3 hour sessions ,?  or just take a break 1 or 2 days , skate again 5-6 hours and then repeat , and it will get easier ,?  ? i started working 8 hours a day , then stepped it up to 12 , and then 16 hour days 5 days in a row ,

in the start I was dead from 1 week of 16 hour shifts , but after a while u get used to it . still not easy but u get used to everything in life

basically i work 9-6 so i dont get to skate much on weekdays ( if atall) but i took 3 days holiday around my birthday so just skated all day until my mates finished work. so i was just SESSIONING it hard since saturday, now its caught up on me ha.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1917 on: February 10, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »
Might have a stage at  El Celler De Can Roca , got a email from them this week and it might be the most exciting thing ever .
The place is amazing and I havent been this stoked befor . Place is not that far away from barcelona either so days off u can go in , skate all day and get drunk .

But no spots open until 2012 , so need to wait almost a whole year for that shit . And its gonna be super hard work days .

stoked but not stoked .
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:09:34 AM by Monty Burns »

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1918 on: February 10, 2011, 07:28:25 AM »
i've been trying to quit/slow my weed intake since june of last year but it hasn't really been working out.
it seems like people are going out of their way to light me up/hook me up.  yesterday i got 4 bags for free. 
i'm not trying to complain, i'm grateful for the hook ups but i can't seem to get away from it.   

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1919 on: February 10, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
Don't you run a little (illegal?) skate shop out of your place? Sell it
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here