Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709494 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1950 on: February 25, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
on my lunch break at work i was cruising prety fast to the shop to get some food, someone dropped their bag infront of me causing me to slam prety hard but it didnt hurt just loads of graizes on my leg hands and elbow, had to get a bandage from work coz the graize was getting stuck to my trousers so now everyone in the office thinks im a "hardman" coz they were all grossed out and i was just like meh

unstoked: loads of new scabs in process
stoked: everyone i work with thinks im hard

loool

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1951 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:39 AM »
I have put $4k in my savings account every month since October, and will continue to do so until next October.  I can do this because I have no bills or anything to spend my money on....... because I am in Afghanistan.

damn, homie.

could start up a nice little spot in a tattoo shop or do some traveling with that chunk though!

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1952 on: February 28, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »
i skated pretty hard yesterday, so hard that i can barely walk right now.   

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1953 on: February 28, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
Had pretty much no sleep last night and had to get up first thing for a short exam at collage.
I passed it though which was good.

With the rest of the day off and the first time it wasn't raining in a long while I went down to the skatepark.
It was full of  6 or 7 year old kids running all over the ramps with their dad sat on the ledge watching them.
I tried skating for a bit but got sick of little shit-head kids running around like its a playground. So I stood at the top of a ramp for a while hoping they would eventually fuck off. A bit later their fucking mum shows up with a box of sandwiches and they all sit right in the middle of this small park eating. At this point I had enough of wasting my day off and was swearing at everything I looked at.
The fat bitch then looks at her husband and says in the shittiest tone "What is he doing over there?"
What the fuck does it look like I'm doing you fat fucking mess. Stood at the top of a ramp holding a skateboard trying to skate in a fucking skatepark while an entire family eat on the box right in the center of the place. Is there really nowhere else you could do this shit? Should your kids not be in school?

A bit after this someone I used to skate with 7 years ago and have not seen since showed up and we skated for a few hours.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1954 on: February 28, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
Exactly why I don't skate the park till after dark.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1955 on: February 28, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »
i really dont get why people just stand there and get pissed when it happens. TELL THEM NOT TO DO IT or they wont understand.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1956 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
Yea, just speak up. What's so hard about that?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1957 on: February 28, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »

And if that doesn't work, then you 'accidentally' bump in to them (or run them over).  I usually accompany this with "Oh I'm sorry, I was actually trying to skate at the skatepark, silly me"
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #1958 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:22 PM »
Yah yelling at the little kids at the park is fun, Do it lots, it shouldnt scare em too bad. Youre not gonna get beat up by their dad or anything.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1959 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Haha, reminds me that some kids mom got head butted by a biker for arguing with him about her son getting in the way.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #1960 on: February 28, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »

bought the one on the right from a thrift store. it's a lighter and you press on the cigarette to light it. i thought it just needed fluid but i put some in and it's still not working. i don't think it's the wick or the flint but i can't open the thing up without breaking it because of the case. it's still kind of cool but i'm not gonna carry around a broken lighter.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1961 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And if that doesn't work, then you 'accidentally' bump in to them (or run them over).?  I usually accompany this with "Oh I'm sorry, I was actually trying to skate at the skatepark, silly me"

yup, if youre standing there waiting for them to finish their picnic youre the idiot, tell them to move for their own good, and if they still get in the way send a flying board their way.

ive had a fat argument with a parent before over my board flying into some kids (like 15 years old) shin, i explained that i told him to move and he did, then when i went for my trick he walked right infront of there i was just about to land, i told her its lucky i saw and kicked out rather than just ploughing into her son and squishing his little head into the concrete.

ha, on the same day my mate got in a very heated shouting match with someones big-ass dad because he threw his sons scooter out of the park as far as hs could... well what would you do if there was an abandoned scooter lying at the bottom of a hip

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1962 on: March 01, 2011, 06:25:08 AM »

bought the one on the right from a thrift store. it's a lighter and you press on the cigarette to light it. i thought it just needed fluid but i put some in and it's still not working. i don't think it's the wick or the flint but i can't open the thing up without breaking it because of the case. it's still kind of cool but i'm not gonna carry around a broken lighter.

in quoting you, the info in the pic you posted says that this lighter is a "vintage camel nonrefillable cigarette pack lighter" so that might be it.   ;)

if thats not the case and it is refillable, i know a thing or 2 about lighters....

1.  make sure you buy good lighter fluid(colibri) which is sold in finer tobacco stores.  do NOT get ronson because that butane sucks will end up ruining your lighter in the long run. 
2.  bleed the lighter.  take a ballpoint pen and press the spot where you fill up your lighter until its completely empty.  eventually compressed air will get trapped inside which will prevent the lighter from filling up and working properly.
3.  when thats done, pump the butane into the lighter several times as if you were beating off, don't hold it down to fill it.  5 pumps or so should be more than enough to fill most lighters

these tips should help but keep in mind that the lighter you have is a cheaply manufactured promotional item.
if these tips don't help, it might be the electrode pointed thingy(don't know what to call it?) thats missing its target or its because the lighter itself was been poorly taken care of by its previous owner, in which case you're shit out of luck.   
hope that helps.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1963 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
Getting my drivers license, but probably going to wait 682354 hours.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1964 on: March 01, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »
Ran over my own Iphone.............but gave me a reason to get a new one. I had the OG one and have had the same one for 4 years or so.

I also paid off my car last month which is awesome, but had to spent some of my car payment money I would have been saving on my new phone.......
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1965 on: March 01, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
aging.
@idealhandmades

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #1966 on: March 01, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

in quoting you, the info in the pic you posted says that this lighter is a "vintage camel nonrefillable cigarette pack lighter" so that might be it.   ;)

if thats not the case and it is refillable, i know a thing or 2 about lighters....

1.  make sure you buy good lighter fluid(colibri) which is sold in finer tobacco stores.  do NOT get ronson because that butane sucks will end up ruining your lighter in the long run. 
2.  bleed the lighter.  take a ballpoint pen and press the spot where you fill up your lighter until its completely empty.  eventually compressed air will get trapped inside which will prevent the lighter from filling up and working properly.
3.  when thats done, pump the butane into the lighter several times as if you were beating off, don't hold it down to fill it.  5 pumps or so should be more than enough to fill most lighters

these tips should help but keep in mind that the lighter you have is a cheaply manufactured promotional item.
if these tips don't help, it might be the electrode pointed thingy(don't know what to call it?) thats missing its target or its because the lighter itself was been poorly taken care of by its previous owner, in which case you're shit out of luck.   
hope that helps.

FUUUUUUUUU

thanks for the info though. i guess that explains why butane went everywhere. i thought i just overfilled it.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1967 on: March 01, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »
Couple of friends went to go bomb a hill, it was fun, but we had to take someone to the E.R. cause they broke their collar bone.

BuddyPal

« Reply #1968 on: March 01, 2011, 05:26:49 PM »
finding a pretty cool shirt only to see that it's XXXL

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1969 on: March 01, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
finally stared physical therapy to work with the torn ligaments in the bottom of my foot. the therapist told me that i should have started a course of therapy 3 months ago and that it's going to take twice as long to work through 6 months of buildup in the bottom of my foot. the strength of my upward flex is supposed to be neutral at about 8-10 degrees, i'm at -10... 

was told that for this to heal properly i can't skate or run for 6 months. but i can ride my bike and as long as i've got the walking cast on, i don't need to use crutches.

at least it's a start

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1970 on: March 02, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
had a back spasm yesterday and this morning. The guy I work with gave me some kind of pain pill. High as a kite right now at work. I think I'm going to lock myself in the server room for the rest of the day.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1971 on: March 03, 2011, 04:23:51 AM »
i skate like an old guy even though im only 20

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1972 on: March 03, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
my legs are finally good to skate but i slept on my neck all wrong and can't turn to my left. 
i feel like derrick fucking zoolander right now.   

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #1973 on: March 03, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

holy shit this thing is pretty much a pokemon and i need a box of them now!

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Bobcrackerlacker

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1974 on: March 03, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
Not working.

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #1975 on: March 04, 2011, 05:39:28 AM »
Raw dog boinkage. 

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1976 on: March 04, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
Got some free oj wheels. They're pretty slippery.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1977 on: March 04, 2011, 07:26:36 PM »
My last shit had some blueish fungi looking stuff.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1978 on: March 05, 2011, 08:31:27 AM »
my fever finally broke last night and I feel so much better today.
Girlfriend got home after a long days work to find our bed COVERED in my sweat.

She was cool about it, but that still doesn't stop my 2nd hand grossed out-ness or the fact that I have to wash our down comforter that takes FOREVER to dry cause you're supposed to do it on low.
@idealhandmades

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1979 on: March 05, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
Sex without the sheets on. Go for it.