Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709593 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2010 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
I'm way stoked that I am all boy crazy about this guy I've sort of been seeing. Oh it's just terrible but it's so fun at the same time. We always laugh and get drunk together and we have so much in common. He's like way skinny too which is great. but he's leaving me all summer to go travel fucking europe, which is like yeah cool of course you should go do that. But I am just going to miss his cute ass all summer. oh lonesome me. I usually fucking hate getting involved with people but this one just seems to make a lot of sense for right now.

you could go for your own little gay version of Before sunrise/before sunset and fly to Europe yourself for a short stint of the summer, and just so happen to casually run into him at a coffee shop or something.

and if that sucks, hey, whatevs, your in europe. go skate.
@idealhandmades

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2011 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
Pulled a muscle in my lower back, so I'm fucking hobbling all over the place in utter pain. But it's raining, and will be for a week (Oh SF, you're fun), so I'm not missing shit.

the karmessiah

• Rep: -11
  • lets get nutz
« Reply #2012 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
my love for beer, but the fact that i said i wasnt going to drink anymore

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #2013 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:31 AM »
got a break in the rain today but i fucked up my wrist

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #2014 on: March 16, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »
I'm going to barcelona next week, but there's a hard swelling under my knee at the top of my shin leg. it sucks the strength out of my leg.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2015 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:55 AM »
stoked: turned 24 yesterday. work found out today and bought a cake, which was cool. met up with friends afterwards to get steak and beers.

not stoked: I feel like my youth is over, and I haven't done half the stuff I would have liked.  When I look back, I always seem to have picked the safe route rather than taking a risk and following through with something I'm interested in.  Feeling like a total pussy and stuck in a bind, because in my mind there isn't any more time to fool around and it's time to grow up.  

Also the fact that I'm such a mopey, serious cunt at times.  

tobbe

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2016 on: March 16, 2011, 06:44:28 AM »
I have a titanium plate in my foot thats been giving me trouble lately. went to x-ray it today and the doctor said that my body has started to reject it so they have to take it out.
Stoked to get that shit out of my foot, but I will be out for a while after. Hope i can get that surgery after this summer...

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2017 on: March 16, 2011, 06:49:29 AM »
stoked: turned 24 yesterday. work found out today and bought a cake, which was cool. met up with friends afterwards to get steak and beers.

not stoked: I feel like my youth is over, and I haven't done half the stuff I would have liked.  When I look back, I always seem to have picked the safe route rather than taking a risk and following through with something I'm interested in.  Feeling like a total pussy and stuck in a bind, because in my mind there isn't any more time to fool around and it's time to grow up.  

i totally understand that. i?m 25 and have that feeling a lot. i mean, i study something i like and i think i will like the job i?ll have after that, but goddamnit there is so much that i cannot do because of university. i?m trying harder now though, applying for a year abroad, traveling more and shit.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2018 on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »
stoked: turned 24 yesterday. work found out today and bought a cake, which was cool. met up with friends afterwards to get steak and beers. ? 
not stoked: I feel like my youth is over, and I haven't done half the stuff I would have liked. ? When I look back, I always seem to have picked the safe route rather than taking a risk and following through with something I'm interested in. ? Feeling like a total pussy and stuck in a bind, because in my mind there isn't any more time to fool around and it's time to grow up. ?
Although I'm 20, I feel the same way. My youth was gone when I got a job second semester of my senior year in high school. Worked full time after school and hardly got the weekends off. The two years I worked there I maybe got 5 weekends off. So my social life went to shit, I missed out on so many skate trips with friends. And going to college, like Hercules Rockefeller said, takes away a lot of time from doing things. If it wasn't for college, some friends and I were planning a big trip around Europe, taking the train, staying at hostels, basically living cheaply for a month or two around Europe.

I also took the easy route too, I took very little chances. I just don't want to be broke and put college on hold, and I don't want to live with my parents forever and work a shit job.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:09:12 AM by Crass »

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2019 on: March 16, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
Expand Quote
stoked: turned 24 yesterday. work found out today and bought a cake, which was cool. met up with friends afterwards to get steak and beers. ? 
not stoked: I feel like my youth is over, and I haven't done half the stuff I would have liked. ? When I look back, I always seem to have picked the safe route rather than taking a risk and following through with something I'm interested in. ? Feeling like a total pussy and stuck in a bind, because in my mind there isn't any more time to fool around and it's time to grow up. ?
[close]
Although I'm 20, I feel the same way. My youth was gone when I got a job second semester of my senior year in high school. Worked full time after school and hardly got the weekends off. The two years I worked there I maybe got 5 weekends off. So my social life went to shit, I missed out on so many skate trips with friends. And going to college, like Hercules Rockefeller said, takes away a lot of time from doing things. If it wasn't for college, some friends and I were planning a big trip around Europe, taking the train, staying at hostels, basically living cheaply for a month or two around Europe.

I also took the easy route too, I took very little chances. I just don't want to be broke and put college on hold, and I don't want to live with my parents forever and work a shit job.

i've felt this before, even this AM while driving to school i quickly thought "wow, what a hassle... working again would be good..." but then i remembered that while i was working i had been miserable about not being in school!!!

i put college completion on hold for about 5 years (i'm 25) and went back this year. It has been the best thing i have done for myself in a while.

While out of school i traveled, partied, wrote, worked, and didn't learn as much as i hoped to- shit was fairly rote. Now that i'm back, i see that i've got more opportunities than i could ever have had while out of school- new ideas, people to write with, greater tax refund (hah), higher sense of worth/accomplishment, now that i'm older i get more grant money too and have greater incentive to learn more/work harder.

granted, i didn't want to be in school when i was 20-24, and i probably wouldn't have gone back this year if my great lady friend didn't force me to enroll in the right classes, but fuck, school is a good thing. If Europe is in your heart, go over summer break.

follow your heart, dudes, school and work can both either wait or be had at any time. Youth, or lack of serious responsibilities, isn't until you want to be a good parent.

happy bday by the way

Dragon Slayer

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2020 on: March 16, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »
I feel like I am in the same boat with not doin' shit. I mean I am starting to do more shit now. but BEFORE like the last 4 years really I haven't done fuckin anything. from 16-21 I did a whole mess of shit and really got some fucked up living done. Now I want to do that again. Things get all comfy and yr like aww this is nice but sumthin is missing... So then you are like well fuck lets fill in that hole. When I was a kid I moved out of my parents house for like a year and didn't really ever tell them where I was. This was just after highschool so I was like 18 or something. moved around, lived on couches at my older friends houses. Was taken in by some 40 something year old drag queen who took care of me for about ohhh I dunno 7 or 8 months. That was pretty crazy. Dude fucking loved Wizard of Oz, he was obsessed with Judy Garland and would always play her fucking records all the time. I would basically wake up smoke a bunch of cigarettes wander around town sometimes walking like 4 or 5 hours to get to places to hang out at. come home get really fucking drunk with Rich (that's the drag queen guy). I was pretty much his little project till I got sick of him. He'd take me out get me drunk feed me lots of drugs et al. It was way cool. I wonder what happened to that guy. All this because I didn't want to tell my mom n pops what a little fag I was. I would send them emails and phone calls every now and again to let them know I was alive or whatever. Life can get pretty fucking crazy at times now I'm all mellowed out... WELLL I mean compared to then. I basically lived off thrown away food outside of bagel and pastry shops for a year. In hindsight it was the best time of my life but I sort of half hated it at the time.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:42:55 PM by Dragon Slayer »
college is for people who can't rap

onedimensionalboy

« Reply #2021 on: March 17, 2011, 04:21:55 AM »
On a different note, whatever this is:

One time, I was talking to this girl at a show. Then, I was talking to her and her friend, but I never noticed the friend show up, she was just there. The second girl seemed to like me more, but the first was better looking, so I talked to her more. As I got drunk I somehow kept getting confused about which one I was talking to, which is weird because they didn't look alike at all.

It somehow ended with me walking out of the bathroom, then the second girl just showing up and pushing me back into it (I have no idea why), and saying words that didn't seem like English, but probably were. For some reason, I asked if her friend (the better looking one) was mad at me. She said no.

That's all I remember from that whole night though.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2022 on: March 17, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
Great Grandma's funeral tomorrow, but she was 103 so i guess she had a good life. She up and around even till the end

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2023 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »
Jesus christ, you probably made that kid commit suicide kev
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2024 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:16 AM »
I'm on a 4 hour break and I'm debating if I should :
go outside and skate
read for school
'bate and shower
nap

either way, I win...but it is difficult to come to decision

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2025 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »
I'm on a 4 hour break and I'm debating if I should :
go outside and skate
read for school
'bate and shower
nap

either way, I win...but it is difficult to come to decision

its not that harda decision really

Inbred Jed

« Reply #2026 on: March 18, 2011, 12:57:52 PM »
I am stoked, but not stoked on Hot Pockets
It's impossible to heat them up to an even temperature all the way through so you have to make the outer end boiling hot in order to get the center lukewarm. So I heat up the Hot Pocket and proceed to eat it without letting ti cool down because that could take several minutes of my precious time. So I am gingerly taking bites of the too hot portion of the Hot Pocket and not really savoring its tangy pepperoni pizza innards. The Hot Pocket finally reaches optimum temperature in about the last two bites. I get those last two bites of Hot Pocket perfection and then it's gone forever. That always disappoints me.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #2027 on: March 19, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »
Got a girl to cheat for the first time last night which was pretty rad, but just as i was about to get some smelly fingers a bouncer comes over like yadada parties over get the fuck out and she was with a friend who would never let her cheat so i went my way and she went hers. Stole her rad dice bracelet somehow, though.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2028 on: March 19, 2011, 06:25:34 AM »
fucked this girl I've been trying to for a while last night.....but it turned out she was blacked out the whole time...

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #2029 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »
You mean you raped her? Which is the stoked on part?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2030 on: March 19, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
I am stoked, but not stoked on Hot Pockets
It's impossible to heat them up to an even temperature all the way through so you have to make the outer end boiling hot in order to get the center lukewarm. So I heat up the Hot Pocket and proceed to eat it without letting ti cool down because that could take several minutes of my precious time. So I am gingerly taking bites of the too hot portion of the Hot Pocket and not really savoring its tangy pepperoni pizza innards. The Hot Pocket finally reaches optimum temperature in about the last two bites. I get those last two bites of Hot Pocket perfection and then it's gone forever. That always disappoints me.

its not gone forever. hot poo-ckets, thats the trick.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2031 on: March 19, 2011, 08:45:47 AM »
You mean you raped her? Which is the stoked on part?

If  it was rape it was enjoyable rape, but she was making all the moves. She like stripped me naked and started Stepbrothers style humping me. But then she called me this morning and asked me what happened last night. She basically was a real flirtatious zombie

edit: I guess that's what happens when you let a girl who weighs about 100 pounds eat 2 ladders and drink a couple 160z
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:53:11 AM by Mundungus »

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2032 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
Pulled a muscle in my lower back, so I'm fucking hobbling all over the place in utter pain.
Same  happened with, it hurts like hell.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #2033 on: March 19, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
^stretch your hamstrings, sometimes that helps

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2034 on: March 19, 2011, 09:57:31 PM »
^stretch your hamstrings, sometimes that helps
Yes, im doing that everytime I skate from now on.  The sad thing is it took me 1 1/2 hours to get to the park I was skating when I tore it.  I only got to skate for 5 minutes before it happened.

cadzukes.

« Reply #2035 on: March 22, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »
Skated most of the day from morning until it got dark cruised through the city centre
Bombed down three hills on the way home,  one of them for the first and it was steep and long and scary as shit.

but, pushing down the street saw a nice looking curb cut and BAM! fucking evil cramp in my right leg, front foot was on the board my right leg was stiff as a plank.  Splits. Pain.  Carried on skating home doing shitty ollies and landing with perfectly straight legs and lots of pain.

Today was a good day.

earlygrab

« Reply #2036 on: March 22, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Pulled a muscle in my lower back, so I'm fucking hobbling all over the place in utter pain.
[close]
Same  happened with, it hurts like hell.

tylenol-thin the blood, reduce swelling
ice-reduce swelling
whiskey-duh

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #2037 on: March 24, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
broke my board today, but i'm gonna be able to go the the shop tomorrow for a new one.  and its supposed to be sunny, but only 33 degrees.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #2038 on: March 24, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
Two months from today I will be on a two week vacation from Afghanistan.?  I am going to get to see my wife for two weeks and skate in perfect weather in Kansas City and St. Louis.

It will have been 7 months since I touched a board.?  I am going to suck so fucking bad.

you'll be fine, I went 18 months and it all came back in a few days.

But i'm stoked I still have all my teeth after falling on my face today. Two fat lips and a goose egg on my forehead aren't too stoke-worthy. Not to mention 5 hours later I still have bloody boogers. But I like those, they're kind of fun.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2039 on: March 25, 2011, 02:33:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Two months from today I will be on a two week vacation from Afghanistan.?  I am going to get to see my wife for two weeks and skate in perfect weather in Kansas City and St. Louis.

It will have been 7 months since I touched a board.?  I am going to suck so fucking bad.
[close]

you'll be fine, I went 18 months and it all came back in a few days.

But i'm stoked I still have all my teeth after falling on my face today. Two fat lips and a goose egg on my forehead aren't too stoke-worthy. Not to mention 5 hours later I still have bloody boogers. But I like those, they're kind of fun.

Pics or it didn't happen. Actually wait. No. I want to just keep thinking Steve Buscemi is posting.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW