Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709454 times)

eminem

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2040 on: March 25, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
i'm tired

steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #2041 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »
went to the ortho doc today. foot is healing nicely, said the doc. out of work for two more months, continuing to receive $272.50/wk. Not bad while i'm in school, not bad at all. It's getting nice outside too.

The really bummer is that i was planning on heading to Eureka from May-July but since workers comp is covering this injury, i've got to stick around until i'm done with the ortho and physical therapy. Can't skate until June.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2042 on: March 25, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Two months from today I will be on a two week vacation from Afghanistan.???  I am going to get to see my wife for two weeks and skate in perfect weather in Kansas City and St. Louis.

It will have been 7 months since I touched a board.???  I am going to suck so fucking bad.
[close]

you'll be fine, I went 18 months and it all came back in a few days.

But i'm stoked I still have all my teeth after falling on my face today. Two fat lips and a goose egg on my forehead aren't too stoke-worthy. Not to mention 5 hours later I still have bloody boogers. But I like those, they're kind of fun.
[close]

Whoa!?  What happened there?!

At the local park there is a hubba next to an I beam and I tried to ollie over the top of the hubba past the beam to back 5050, my foot hit the beam and I slammed on the hubba and fell off the end. the first thing that hit the ground was my face. I think my nose is broken. Its not crooked, its very swollen and sore, not to mention I've had two additional nosebleeds today. The swelling in my lips went down a bit, but I do have a cut on them that looks like Herpies.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2043 on: March 25, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Two months from today I will be on a two week vacation from Afghanistan.???? ? I am going to get to see my wife for two weeks and skate in perfect weather in Kansas City and St. Louis.

It will have been 7 months since I touched a board.???? ? I am going to suck so fucking bad.
[close]

you'll be fine, I went 18 months and it all came back in a few days.

But i'm stoked I still have all my teeth after falling on my face today. Two fat lips and a goose egg on my forehead aren't too stoke-worthy. Not to mention 5 hours later I still have bloody boogers. But I like those, they're kind of fun.
[close]

Whoa!?? ? What happened there?!
[close]

At the local park there is a hubba next to an I beam and I tried to ollie over the top of the hubba past the beam to back 5050, my foot hit the beam and I slammed on the hubba and fell off the end. the first thing that hit the ground was my face. I think my nose is broken. Its not crooked, its very swollen and sore, not to mention I've had two additional nosebleeds today. The swelling in my lips went down a bit, but I do have a cut on them that looks like Herpies.
You and I are cool now, but this might be karma for this post:
Expand Quote
left the skatepark in an ambulance yesterday.
[close]

Hope your okay though. You posted that in the things your stoked on thread. 

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #2044 on: March 25, 2011, 05:15:09 PM »
Karma holds as much water as Religion.

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2045 on: March 25, 2011, 05:28:15 PM »
I ate shit skating today.  It's a nice feeling every so often but it also hurt like shit (basically fell off a ledge onto my back and did a backwards somersault).  I think I'm more stoked because it makes me feel a lil gnarly  ;D

ohlindablair

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2046 on: March 28, 2011, 07:56:47 AM »
stoked it's my BDAY today. Not stoked on getting mugged last night and spending all day trying to file a police report.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2047 on: March 28, 2011, 08:17:42 AM »
stoked it's my BDAY today. Not stoked on getting mugged last night and spending all day trying to file a police report.

dont bother man, theres literally no point

ohlindablair

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2048 on: March 28, 2011, 08:37:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dont bother man, theres literally no point

thanks for the heads up. i already gave up on it after the cops gave me the run around. bought some weed and chinese food instead.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2049 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »
My good friend just broke off his engagement to a chick he's been with for five years. It's a bad thing because he lived at her house, with her furniture, and hung with her crowd. She had just convinced him to buy a house (for them) and she refused to live in it until he gutted the whole house and refinished it to her liking. So now the dude is living in an empty house, sleeping on an air mattress on top of cold sub-flooring, with no shower. He eats cereal for dinner every day out of a giant serving bowl which is pretty awesome but I'm sure he isn't stoked on it. They're both friends of mine so it's awkward having to pick and choose which one to invite to upcoming events.

It's a good thing because the chick is kind of terrible some times. The house she's in now is her parent's lake house that they gifted her. She drives a car that they bought her. She works a job that her father created for her at his business. She really hasn't had to do a thing in her whole life, so she's can be super spoiled and unappreciative. I like her, and I've been friends with her for a while ...but the split is a good thing for both of them. Also stoked that the dude now has time for friends again.

It sounds terrible but it's kind of funny hearing all the gnarly shit going down in the breakup. Like she wants to keep the ring and use it as a means to pay her parents back for some of the wedding deposits, but her parents are super wealthy so you know that's not an issue. I think the dude dropped like a car's worth of money on that ring.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2050 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
My good friend just broke off his engagement to a chick he's been with for five years. It's a bad thing because he lived at her house, with her furniture, and hung with her crowd. She had just convinced him to buy a house (for them) and she refused to live in it until he gutted the whole house and refinished it to her liking. So now the dude is living in an empty house, sleeping on an air mattress on top of cold sub-flooring, with no shower. He eats cereal for dinner every day out of a giant serving bowl which is pretty awesome but I'm sure he isn't stoked on it. They're both friends of mine so it's awkward having to pick and choose which one to invite to upcoming events.

It's a good thing because the chick is kind of terrible some times. The house she's in now is her parent's lake house that they gifted her. She drives a car that they bought her. She works a job that her father created for her at his business. She really hasn't had to do a thing in her whole life, so she's can be super spoiled and unappreciative. I like her, and I've been friends with her for a while ...but the split is a good thing for both of them. Also stoked that the dude now has time for friends again.

It sounds terrible but it's kind of funny hearing all the gnarly shit going down in the breakup. Like she wants to keep the ring and use it as a means to pay her parents back for some of the wedding deposits, but her parents are super wealthy so you know that's not an issue. I think the dude dropped like a car's worth of money on that ring.

WHY DO BITCHES THINK THEY GET TO KEEP THAT SHIT???!?

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2051 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »

Just a heads up, if you think you need to have your nose re-set make sure you go to the hospital immediately. When I broke my nose the medic told me to wait a few days and then setup an appointment with the doctor... which I did. When I went to the doc he told me I should have come in the next day and that it was now too late to simply reset the nose. I then had to wait 3 months for the nose to completely heal before he could re-brake it. I never went back and I now have a crooked nose, a deviated septum and I snore which I never did before. Good luck.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #2052 on: March 28, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »
stoked i got a job, not stoked i got a job, fuck.   :-\

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #2053 on: March 28, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

WHY DO BITCHES THINK THEY GET TO KEEP THAT SHIT???!?

I didn't read that entire post, except the ring part, but the bitch usually wants to keep it so she feels like she has some dignity left aka MONEY that isn't hers. It's just another sign that he did the right thing bailing on her.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2054 on: March 28, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »
arent rings a gift? why would they return a gift?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2055 on: March 28, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »

I belive my ex fiance pawned the ring or just sold it off for drugs , same thing with my mothers necklace that my mom gave to her , real shitty since it was my moms moms necklace  .

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2056 on: March 29, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
Depends what state you live in. In a lot of states the courts look at it as a conditional gift, which means the rightful owner is the guy who purchased it, so it should be returned. In my buddy's case, he's still making fucking payments on the thing. I gotta assume that the court would side with him since he still has debt from it (if it even goes as far as a courtroom).

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2057 on: March 29, 2011, 04:44:55 AM »

well its not echnically a gift, its meant to be a bond of holy union or something like that, a spiritual connection between a man and a woman, therefore if they split and this bond is broken then the ring should be returned to where it came from

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2058 on: March 29, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
http://vimeo.com/20865256

this fits perfect in here
i think i was,anyways

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #2059 on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »
my girlfriend got a job at lowes. Im glad she got out of her job at Wal-Mart, but i work at Home Depot. Im hoping the management wont make a big deal out of it.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2060 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just a heads up, if you think you need to have your nose re-set make sure you go to the hospital immediately. When I broke my nose the medic told me to wait a few days and then setup an appointment with the doctor... which I did. When I went to the doc he told me I should have come in the next day and that it was now too late to simply reset the nose. I then had to wait 3 months for the nose to completely heal before he could re-brake it. I never went back and I now have a crooked nose, a deviated septum and I snore which I never did before. Good luck.

This man speaks the truth. Exact same situation here. My nose has always been huge, but now it's huge and crooked.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2061 on: March 30, 2011, 03:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This man speaks the truth. Exact same situation here. My nose has always been huge, but now it's huge and crooked.

yeah its great fun having no sense of smell anymore, and the bit thats suppesed to go straight down the middle of your nose is permanently in my left nostril. i guess theres alot of people on here with broken noses because we never bothered to get it fixed

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2062 on: March 30, 2011, 04:50:31 AM »
my girlfriend got a job at lowes. Im glad she got out of her job at Wal-Mart, but i work at Home Depot. Im hoping the management wont make a big deal out of it.

haha man oh man, sitcom opportunities for days, slap's resident hick! <3
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2063 on: March 30, 2011, 05:28:39 AM »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2064 on: March 30, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »
i drank at least one beer every day for the last 2 weeks. god, i love beer. but i?m kinda afraid of getting a damn beer-gut.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2065 on: March 30, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »
My shift for Friday got cut, but that means a smaller pay check.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2066 on: March 30, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
Today is my Friday, but Thursday is my Monday.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #2067 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha man oh man, sitcom opportunities for days, slap's resident hick! <3
i prefer the term "stuttering ass-face" rather than hick. But i love you too kilgore  :-*

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2068 on: April 03, 2011, 06:47:37 PM »
got my cousin into skating a year or two ago (he's 13), not awfully stoked on his facerbook status today

"skater haters suck.........we arent hurting anyone if we skate in your damn parking lot so shove it. Skaters get treated like crap from adults and everyone just because we wear long shirts and flat bills.....wtf. It's a hard life (for a skater)"

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #2069 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »
not stoked i had to buy clothes for work.
stoked i only spent $55 on a pair of DCs and dickies pants.