Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380946 times)

rubberpumpthecloth

• Rep: -2
  • its a nice day out
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2130 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:10 AM »
You're so emotional man...
I love you Melissa!

tonysean

« Reply #2131 on: April 26, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »
Got a new pair of Busenitz a couple days ago, thought they fit perfectly but now they feel too small.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2132 on: April 26, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »
Stoked: I quit my job in about 3 months . Time to start thinking about what country and city I want to move too , and which places are interesting to work in , places full of insperation , things to learn and where they are doing new fun exciting stuff . checking out my new city I live in , finding bars , gallerys , skatespots and new work friends and friends

Not stoked: I get ok money where I work now and work is not that hard plus the guys I work with are pretty nice  , gonna be rough going from 12 hour shifts back to 16 hour shifts . Moving back to europe and a new country / city and having to deal with new tax numbers , social security stuff , find a new appartment , fixing furniture and all the other shit . Plus coming in as the new guy at the place and not knowing anything always suck

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2133 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »
Where are you living right now?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2134 on: April 26, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »
Where are you living right now?

Sydney , Australia

jimi420

« Reply #2135 on: April 28, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
I finally start working again after almost 2 years of being unemployed but now i can't just go skating whenever I want.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #2136 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
Not stoked on the shitty weather

Stoked that there is a new indoor park to skate tonight

It's a good balance I guess, but I want to hit the streets
"99.9% of all males who don't sell cocaine are friend zoned by strippers." -Strippers International

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #2137 on: April 29, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Playing hockey for the first time in like 2 months.

Playing with some guys who are a lot better than me even when I'm not rusty as fuck.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #2138 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
odd future getting a lot more coverage,
stoked for tyler and the guys cos it will mean more money and fame to pursue what they love,
but not stoked on hipsters posting yonkers on facebook having no idea what the lyrics mean, they just like them because they're the current "in" thing.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65525
« Reply #2139 on: April 30, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »
It's Saturday morning and I'm in class for the next 4 hours.

4 more hours til I get to skate my new set-up!  ;D

4 more hours til I get to skate my new set-up...  >:(

Truancy

• GFC lifestyle
« Reply #2140 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
stoked for tyler and the guys cos it will mean more money and fame to pursue what they love,
but not stoked on hipsters posting yonkers on facebook having no idea what the lyrics mean, they just like them because they're the current "in" thing.

You're a fucking idiot if you think anybody just finding out about OF is a hipster.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2141 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

You're a fucking idiot if you think anybody just finding out about OF is a hipster.

i'm not saying that everybody who's recently got into odd future is a hipster, a lot of my friends have only just got into them, i'm just saying i'm not stoked with hipsters who are just following the crowd and don't know what they're about
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Truancy

• GFC lifestyle
« Reply #2142 on: April 30, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

i'm not saying that everybody who's recently got into odd future is a hipster, a lot of my friends have only just got into them, i'm just saying i'm not stoked with hipsters who are just following the crowd and don't know what they're about

Hipsters are now abandoning Odd Future en masse because they got too popular. They're on MTV n shit, man.

BuddyPal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #2143 on: April 30, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »
STOKED: i won a John Wall jersey at the carnival today

NOT STOKED: shitty day at work today
. And don't you ever "lol" twice in the same sentence again.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #2144 on: May 01, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »
STOKED: Went to the Adidas Demo at some boys school in London today, had a great time, met Benny Fairfax, Lucas Puig, Lucien Clarke, Odd Future etc etc and got these for free:

NOT STOKED: Missed the Gonz, the shoes are too small (UK 7)

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2145 on: May 01, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
STOKED: Went to the Adidas Demo at some boys school in London today, had a great time, met Benny Fairfax, Lucas Puig, Lucien Clarke, Odd Future etc etc and got these for free:

NOT STOKED: Missed the Gonz, the shoes are too small (UK 7)

that's sick!
i'm a uk 7 if you're interested in selling them?

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2146 on: May 01, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »
you from the UK? I imagine US shipping is a bomb for shoes. Not sure though. Also i see you like Odd Future, they were pretty cool in real life. I've never been a major fan, always thought they were biting their style from MF Doom quite a lot. Was really suprised to see Tyler, said whats up and went on with my life.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2147 on: May 01, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
you from the UK? I imagine US shipping is a bomb for shoes. Not sure though. Also i see you like Odd Future, they were pretty cool in real life. I've never been a major fan, always thought they were biting their style from MF Doom quite a lot. Was really suprised to see Tyler, said whats up and went on with my life.

yeah i'm from the UK.
i saw him tweet a photo from the event, he seemed pretty stoked on it haha. how did you win that stuff?

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2148 on: May 01, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »
PM me about the shoes then. I missed the actual demo (bummed), so i missed the free shirts and hats and that but after the contests they had some boxes of bags and just gave them out and then after they cleaned up the area where the team and powley etc were sitting there was two shoe boxes left and bare heads were lurking around them and some kid picked up the others and went to some guy who worked for adidas, 'can i have these?', and the guy shrugged and said 'whatever' so i just took the other pair. I think they might have been left over from giving them out in the contests earlier and maybe no one was that size? Not sure.

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2149 on: May 01, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
skirting responsibilities
formerly toonie

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #2150 on: May 05, 2011, 06:39:10 AM »
I had my last class this semester, now I have almost two free weeks, but after that, exams start, and they are gonna be tough this time, not stoked on that.

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2151 on: May 05, 2011, 09:03:49 AM »
stoked on: first oxy contin experience
not so stoked on: code red barf

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #2152 on: May 05, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
Took two sick days while completely healthy so I could relax and catch up with skating and hang out time. A few days later, I'm taking two sick days because I'm actually sick as fuck.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #2153 on: May 05, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
super fun session yesterday at this spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FhqdJs20txU#at=13

Sore as fuck today.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2154 on: May 05, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
after close to 10 years of skateboarding, i had my first session on a legit miniramp (aka not so steep that you get hangups when doing a rocknroll or with 1m of vert that get broken down after 1 week, apparently those are the only kinds in austria ^^).

and holy crap, i had so damn much fun, it was incredible. its outdoors under some trees, so i will be there every evening this summer, i am so stoked that i finally can fulfill the prejudice of old skateboarders and miniramps.

not stoked that it took me so long.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:32:53 PM by Hercules Rockefeller »
instagram.com/used_shoe/

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
« Reply #2155 on: May 05, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
super fun session yesterday at this spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FhqdJs20txU#at=13

Sore as fuck today.
That park looks so fun

Stoked that my work load in college is low compared to my other terms. Not stoked on the professor and one asshole in the class. It makes me not want to attend class.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website
« Reply #2156 on: May 05, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
stoked on this shit...

makes toy tags disappear like magic.

not stoked that kids are so fucking stupid they'll disrespect everyone's hard work by throwing their shitty tags all over the park.

i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2157 on: May 05, 2011, 01:53:40 PM »
Stoked that I have a job and am almost done with my first week.

Not stoked because working on a factory floor is a real pain in the ass, it's monotonous and tiring, and I don't get my paycheck till next week.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #2158 on: May 05, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
after close to 10 years of skateboarding, i had my first session on a legit miniramp (aka not so steep that you get hangups when doing a rocknroll or with 1m of vert that get broken down after 1 week, apparently those are the only kinds in austria ^^).

and holy crap, i had so damn much fun, it was incredible. its outdoors under some trees, so i will be there every evening this summer, i am so stoked that i finally can fulfill the prejudice of old skateboarders and miniramps.

You are from Austria? what city?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2159 on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »

You are from Austria? what city?

Graz, in the south-eastern part of austria.
instagram.com/used_shoe/