Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709235 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2250 on: June 19, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »
Mowing the lawn.

It's always been a love/hate relationship. I'm by no means a lawn-care enthusiast (give it another 20 years) but there's no denying the satisfaction of running a lawnmower through some good thick grass. I don't know if it's the Y-chromosome/Hank Hill in me, but I just can't help it.

It's also a major pain in the fucking ass

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2251 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
Today I turn 27.
@idealhandmades

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #2252 on: June 19, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Went and saw Jurassic Park in a theater last night with some friends for my birthday. Threw up a bunch of popcorn this morning.
[close]
Well happy birthday!

That is the coolest cake I have ever seen.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2253 on: June 19, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
Im travelling to a very legit city that I've always dreamed of visiting.

I hate airports.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2254 on: June 19, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »
Im travelling to a very legit city that I've always dreamed of visiting.

I hate airports.
Frisco?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #2255 on: June 20, 2011, 08:33:12 AM »
our record leaked like a motherfucker this morning.  kinda sucks, but at least lots of people are gonna hear it.  and its probably karma for all the shit i download on the regular.  what goes around comes around
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2256 on: June 20, 2011, 08:53:08 AM »
our record leaked like a motherfucker this morning.  kinda sucks, but at least lots of people are gonna hear it.  and its probably karma for all the shit i download on the regular.  what goes around comes around

sucks dude, happened to a friends band too.

but hey, this just means that the private-jet will have to wait until the next album drops!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2257 on: June 20, 2011, 09:20:04 AM »
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

not gonna post the link, but i'm sure yall can find it with a little digging

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2258 on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.?  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.?  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

What's your band name?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2259 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.?  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.?  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

[close]
What's your band name?

lemonparty

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2260 on: June 20, 2011, 09:28:30 AM »
now that would be too easy  ;)

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2261 on: June 20, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.??  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.??  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

[close]
What's your band name?
[close]

lemonparty
A nice little orgy involving three older, overweight men with flacid penises?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2262 on: June 20, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.??  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.??  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

[close]
What's your band name?
[close]

lemonparty
[close]
A nice little orgy involving three older, overweight men with flacid penises?

it was worth a try.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2263 on: June 20, 2011, 09:53:22 AM »
not too worried about it...don't really expect to make/deserve money for something i love to do; i get more stoked on people listening to it and having a reaction.  bummed for the guy at the label though, cause he spends money on all of his bands.  i guess this is the norm nowadays though, hopefully people will buy the vinyl and come see us on tour

Are you Beyonce? I know her's just leaked. If so, I love your work.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2264 on: June 20, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
i hear she's creole, so there's a good chance we're related somewhere down the line

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #2265 on: June 20, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »

Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2266 on: June 21, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »
i think i'm gonna have to sell my mini cooper and buy a van so we can go on tour.  sucks because i love that car, but i gotta do what i gotta do i guess.  good thing is i should be able to get a van for cheap, and i should have lots of money left over to buy more synths and other music gear.  but it sure is gonna suck being the "van guy"

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2267 on: June 22, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »
if by suck you mean insanely awesome, then yes, it will suck being the van guy

get a mattress for the back, seriously

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #2268 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
 :) SUMMER  :(

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2269 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
i think i'm gonna have to sell my mini cooper and buy a van so we can go on tour.?  sucks because i love that car, but i gotta do what i gotta do i guess.?  good thing is i should be able to get a van for cheap, and i should have lots of money left over to buy more synths and other music gear.?  but it sure is gonna suck being the "van guy"
what year? I had an '04 Mini, my first car and I loved it. Me and that car went through a lot, now I'm driving a damn Jeep. My dad bought an 2011 Mini, they kind of fucked the car up. It's much larger than before and the turning feels stiffer than the previous mini's.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2270 on: June 22, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
its an 04 S stick shift, and i have that thing absolutely wired.  i'm gonna miss the fuck out of it.  oh well, maybe again someday.  and i agree about the newer ones...saw some on the lot, and their just not the same  :'(  kinda want to check out the new fiat when it comes out just for shits and giggles...

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2271 on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
i wear a brace which gives me pretty much full range of motion while i sleep so sometimes i forget that its broken.

i wake up to see some random bitches outside my window, so obviously i decide to yell shit at them, i jump up take two steps and collapse

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2272 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
what year? I had an '04 Mini, my first car and I loved it. Me and that car went through a lot, now I'm driving a damn Jeep. My dad bought an 2011 Mini, they kind of fucked the car up. It's much larger than before and the turning feels stiffer than the previous mini's.

its an 04 S stick shift, and i have that thing absolutely wired.  i'm gonna miss the fuck out of it.  oh well, maybe again someday.  and i agree about the newer ones...saw some on the lot, and their just not the same  :'(  kinda want to check out the new fiat when it comes out just for shits and giggles...

Just wondering have either of you two driven a classic Mini? Now they're the definition of fun. The only slight blemish is that if crash it you're very likely going to die, I've had some proper brown-pants moments in mine.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2273 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
I wish!  never had the chance, but definitely something i'm gonna do someday!  i'd buy one in a heartbeat if i had the cash

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2274 on: June 22, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
its an 04 S stick shift, and i have that thing absolutely wired.?  i'm gonna miss the fuck out of it.?  oh well, maybe again someday.?  and i agree about the newer ones...saw some on the lot, and their just not the same?  :'(?  kinda want to check out the new fiat when it comes out just for shits and giggles...
[close]
Just wondering have either of you two driven a classic Mini? Now they're the definition of fun. The only slight blemish is that if crash it you're very likely going to die, I've had some proper brown-pants moments in mine.
Please post pictures of your mini! I never driven one, but been inside. I would love to have one though, dream car of mine.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2275 on: June 22, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »
Mine is in a sorry, sorry state at the moment, the rust bug hit it bad and it's in need of a full respray and few new panels. I bought a fibreglass front end to put on it to stop the rust, but just haven't got the time or money to sort it. At the moment it's sat on my drive, rusting away underneath a tarp. :(

Note: THIS IS NOT MY MINI! This is one I took inspiration from, but my Mini is almost identical to this except it's white instead of silver. Everything else is pretty much the same.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2276 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
I worked my ass off to get a f/s 5-0 shuv out on this outledge over this set for nearly 30 minutes in 100 degree weather. Landed it twice, first was a hand touch and second was fine. Well, my friend deleted the good clip from his camera on accident. Fuck.

penguin meat

« Reply #2277 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »
I found a snake in my apartment. His name is Reptar.  If you make a ven diagram of cool snakes named Reptar and things you don't want in your apartment, Reptar falls in the middle.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2278 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
not stoked on getting my wisdom teeth out. stoked on my hydrocodone prescription  8)

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2279 on: July 01, 2011, 07:05:06 PM »
If I move to Rhode Island for the summer I'll have a job and be able to buy a shit load of skate stuff. But the only place that sells skate stuff in that area is a Zumiez. And I really don't want to splurge on stuff at a Zumiez.