Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709579 times)

Locbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2310 on: July 14, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
Working on my day off tomorrow, its only for like five hours and its overtime, but not stoked I got to get up at 5:30.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

earlygrab

« Reply #2311 on: July 14, 2011, 04:42:11 PM »
last 2 decks I got for free for doing favors for people, but they both fucking sucked.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #2312 on: July 14, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »
landed my first few fakie hardflips today first try randomly and they felt fucking fantasticc, like they flipped real prefect and caught them bolts, was loving it, till about an hour later when id lost them :(
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2313 on: July 14, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
So I was at the lake earlier, beautiful hot day, lots of people..  I was just floating on my back, a good distance from the crowd.. when I thought "How sweet would it be to turn this into a skinny dip?"

Let me tell you guys one thing... putting a bathing suit back on while treading water is fucking hard.  Can't remember the last time I felt fear like that.  "Drown or have 100+ people see my shriveled Johnson"... by the grace of god I managed to get both legs in and swim back.  WHEW.
this made me laugh. a lot. thank you.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2314 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »

too broke to buy deluxe boards, buddy sold it to me for cheap

the things im not stoked on about it are pretty obvious, but it is honestly the best sidewalk surfer i have ever skated. literally takes no effort to pop, nocomply, slappy, and its nimble as fuck - now im starting to wonder if i missed out on anything by never buying a gimmick board ever.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2315 on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:13 AM »
so, i got the results of my exam today, i didn't fuck up the entire thing (as i expected) only a small part of it, and i can repeat only that small part in september. not that bad at all.

morbidly obese tortoise

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2316 on: July 18, 2011, 05:29:14 AM »
I woke up and looked out the window. It looked fucking amazing, but I realized that both of my skateboards are at friends' places, which are about two hours away. So, there isn't anything better for me to do than take a shit, while smoking and watching Trailer Park Boys on Netflix.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2317 on: July 21, 2011, 02:41:59 AM »
One of my best friends has a girlfriend, which is my best female friend.. They have been together for about 4 years now, and Ive always liked her, she is great, hot and everything.. But I never wanted to be that douche that makes girl cheat on her boyfriend.. But yesterday I became one of them. I like that girl, she likes me, but we dont know what to do right now. I dont want to lose a friend Ive known for 11 years, but I like that girl so much I would do anything for her. Fuck my life, once again..

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2318 on: July 21, 2011, 02:55:44 AM »
One of my best friends has a girlfriend, which is my best female friend.. They have been together for about 4 years now, and Ive always liked her, she is great, hot and everything.. But I never wanted to be that douche that makes girl cheat on her boyfriend.. But yesterday I became one of them. I like that girl, she likes me, but we dont know what to do right now. I dont want to lose a friend Ive known for 11 years, but I like that girl so much I would do anything for her. Fuck my life, once again..

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2319 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2320 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:42 AM »

Ok, I she just told me they are on a break, I feel like Ross from friends:D

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2321 on: July 22, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Stoked: My first choise for new restaurant to work in emailed me back and wants me to come in for a interview , only sent one mail out for a new job and the one I want the most to work at wants to see me

not stoked: While talking about what date I can come in for the interview , its been a few days betwen them , and now the most recent one where I told them I can go in for a interview on september 1st , I havent gotten a reply in 11 days

now this is not unusual in restaurant business , but it sucks to wait and Im getting super nervous =*(

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #2322 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:58 AM »
not stoked: on college, family, and girl problems. oh and spraining my ankle again so I can't skate for a couple of weeks.

stoked on: whiskey and pain killers. temporary escapism bitch.

earlygrab

« Reply #2323 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »
pushed around the new "berrics" park for a few minutes sunday morning. It only took 10 minutes before I found myself back in my car trying to remember why I should not quit skateboarding. Went to another street park and had one of the best sessions ever. I saved skateboarding today. not you steve berra.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2324 on: July 25, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »
I'm juggling so many ideas and projects currently. Its awesome to not be suffering from a mental block, but at the same time it feels like I need to be doing everything at once or I'll forget something and let it be lost to the ether of my mind.
I wrote most of the stuff down in a word file just in case, but it hasn't stop me from feeling anxious (yet psyched and hopeful) and scattered (yet also so sure and focused).

I'm also stoked on earlygrab making my new sig
but not stoked on the shinsplints i'm currently feeling at work.
@idealhandmades

morbidly obese tortoise

« Reply #2325 on: July 26, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »
I walked over to a headshop around 7 and got a new bowl. I smoked and watched King of the Hill until I passed out around 9. I woke up at 12, and got a ride to this guy's house to do hot knives and smoke a bit. I got one of my skateboards back, which I left there, and got to play with this kitten for a bit. Around 2, I went back to with my friend to his dorm to crash at, but ended up leaving to ride back to my apartment. While bombing down a hill, some drunk guy sitting on a longboard asked me if I wanted to smoke, so I stopped at my apartment to get weed to match. After smoking with a couple people, I got drunk, met some cool people, and got a connect for some Lucy. Around, 4:30, I bombed some sketchy sidewalks, without eating shit, I ended back at my apartment. The one thing I am not stoked at is the fact that I am sitting on a toilet having constipated diarrhea. I can't think of the right words right now, but it's hard for me to shit right now; when it does come out, it's more liquid than solid.

edit:
I'm stoked that I managed to get through the pain of that shit. I jerked myself off and am going to pass the fuck out at 6 AM...glad I don't do anything productive.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:01:32 AM by morbidly obese tortoise »

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2326 on: July 26, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
stoked: got cute cafe waitress' number, going on a coffee date with her

not stoked: already have a really cool girlfriend

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: July 26, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
stoked: got cute cafe waitress' number, going on a coffee date with her

isn't that like a super old sitcom joke?
you might become a player, but i doubt you'll make the draft.
@idealhandmades

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2328 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:38 AM »
Forgot my expensive 16-mm camera and fisheye on a bench in a really busy part of the city centre. When I realized what I had done it took me like 20 minutes to get back to it, so it was chilling in there for like a good 30 minutes.
  When I got there I saw an elderly lady guarding it, she had been standing there for 20 minutes looking after it. She told me she was a little scared though because she had suspected there was a bomb inside of it. She was super nice.
  Stoked on getting my camera back, and stoked on the lady/kindness of strangers.
   Not stoked on my memory and how badly I look after my stuff sometimes.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #2329 on: July 27, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »
picking my nose

plucking hairs out of a mole

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2330 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Yesterday at the park my friend was trying to 5-0 a large triple kink rail.some skids/skaters brought a massive sound system and blasted an entire fucking collective soul album . It was absurd.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

morbidly obese tortoise

« Reply #2331 on: July 30, 2011, 01:34:56 AM »
I'm drunk as fuck, didn't get any pussy, but got baked.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2332 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
Leaving Australia tomorrow : Stoked to go back to Europe , hang out with friends , hang out with family , eat at my local places and get to eat my moms cooking and my favorit types of things .  Skating my local spots with friends . Also going to a festival , getting a one month long holliday befor I start work in Italy .

Leaving Australia tomorrow :  Made some real good friends and there are some good jobs I would like to try , might be hard for me to get a new VISA here so not sure if I can come back here .   Went to some amazing clubs and parties , hanged out on the beach now and then and in parks , went and saw some stuff , but not enough stuff . Kinda want to stay longer and see more , skate more , drink more with friends and live life alittle

Glad Im going home , sad Im leaving ...

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: July 30, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »
Spent almost 3 hours filming a buddy trying to get a line. He got it.
But now I got no legs left for myself.
@idealhandmades

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2334 on: August 01, 2011, 04:42:02 AM »
most of my friends are progressing much faster than me

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2335 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »
An old highschool friend of mine was in a car accident a couple weeks back. Thats the Not so stoked part.
I haven't kept in touch with him much since graduating, but a couple days ago i got the bad news via facebook that he was in the hospital with brain trauma. I guess now he's regained consciousness and is recovering fairly well, isn't 100% bed ridden and has begun some of his recovery treatment, but still...it sucks.

Anyways, so 2 or 3 days later i get news that a bunch of people were trying to get some kind of auction or fundraiser going to help him with his medical bills. I decided that the best thing I could offer would be to make a board to sell at the auction, which i guess is going down the 27th this month.
That's the stoked part.

So I guess I'll have to abandon making posts everyone hates about how i don't want to have kids, and adoption, and family shit, and just go back to making posts about the skateboards I make. That's another stoked part (for you and me both).

It's a bummer an old friend is going through such trying times, but I'm psyched on the opportunity to contribute at least something to help him out, and to make a board that means something more.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:39:31 AM by sweatercuff »
@idealhandmades

kevbo999

« Reply #2336 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
Hope your bro gets better soon.

I've said this before, but I'm taking a weed break and cutting back on booze.  I was abusing both pretty much all day everyday for too long.  I'm currently jobless and in need of a new place for September.   I know my life won't suddenly become peachy, but I'm fuckin 25 and I need to get the antisocial laziness clouds out of my head.  I went back and read the Weed Withdrawals thread last night, it helped.

Saw a dude from my hometown at the job agency earlier and he looked rough.  I felt bad that he's not doing better.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2337 on: August 02, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »
Hope your bro gets better soon.

I've said this before, but I'm taking a weed break and cutting back on booze.?  I was abusing both pretty much all day everyday for too long.?  I'm currently jobless and in need of a new place for September.?  ? I know my life won't suddenly become peachy, but I'm fuckin 25 and I need to get the antisocial laziness clouds out of my head.?  I went back and read the Weed Withdrawals thread last night, it helped.

Saw a dude from my hometown at the job agency earlier and he looked rough.?  I felt bad that he's not doing better.

prepare yourself for some seriously weird dreams

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #2338 on: August 02, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »
Thought I lost my Headphones so I ordere these on Ebay for .90 cents and them found them the next day

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #2339 on: August 02, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm taking a weed break and cutting back on booze.  I was abusing both pretty much all day everyday for too long.
[close]

same boat
cold turkey and for at least 2 or 3 weeks now.
I'd like to be on this boat, I smoke too much and it's too expensive.