Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709417 times)

Doctor Handsome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • Doctor Handsome
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2340 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52:48 AM »
Took 5 days off from drinking and smoking cigarettes to see if it would help my depression. It didn't, so now I get to drink again! Hamm's before noon will never steer you wrong.
I'm drunk.

A.J.K.

« Reply #2341 on: August 03, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
Broke my arm 7 weeks ago, so today went for another check up with the doctor.  I can't skate for another three weeks, which absolutely blows, but I don't have do do any physiotherapy.  The bone is solid, but my arm is still weak.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2342 on: August 06, 2011, 06:14:46 AM »
Back from a week in Malia, expect multiple stories in the Awkward Sexual Experiences thread soon...

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2343 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »
Booked my flight to Milano ,  Need to get ready for the damn job interview . Now its great that I got the job interview in the first place , its not the most easiest place to even get your resume noticed . But one succes leads to 10 new problems ...

pass the interview and I got to do the trail , pass the trail I have to find a appartment in milano and settle down , get the job I have to work fucking hard every day to keep the job . And so on and so on

While its been fucking good to be back in sweden for my vaccation and seeing friends and family , Im already bored .

got a chans to see this girl Ive been in love with for about 1 year now , but think Ill skip it since I dont think I could get her and failur will fuck me up in selfconfidence for the job ...

I guess more of this was not stoked , then stoked ................

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #2344 on: August 08, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Stoked to see some random photographer taking pictures of my car at yesterdays drift event, but I was too far away to go talk to him. Later on, when I was looking for him I couldn't find him. Hopefully I can find the pictures somewhere online.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2345 on: August 08, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
Getting THUG LIFE henna tattooed on my knuckles whilst drunk on holiday, I was meant to be looking for a job when i got back...

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2346 on: August 10, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
Lady at the dentist ask what grade I was in, I told I was in college and she looked surprised...said I looked much younger. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2347 on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »
Getting THUG LIFE henna tattooed on my knuckles whilst drunk on holiday, I was meant to be looking for a job when i got back...

Haha thats fucked  ;D

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2348 on: August 10, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
LiveLeak.com - Two Young Kids Beat Up Mom's Boyfriend

Stoked these kids took action. Not stoked that they had too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2349 on: August 10, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
Moving to Winnipeg.

Stoked on:
-Good job
-Amazing skate parks
-real skate shops
-pretty girls

Not stoked on:
-Leaving all my friends
-Hell's winter

morbidly obese tortoise

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2350 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
stoked on eating shit while bombing a hill
not stoked on diarrhea

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2351 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »
Moving to Winnipeg.

Stoked on:
-Good job
-Amazing skate parks
-real skate shops
-pretty girls

Not stoked on:
-Leaving all my friends
-Hell's winter

Take up hockey fandom to pass the time in those crazy fucked up winters they have, seeing as how they just brought the Jets back there.
@idealhandmades

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2352 on: August 12, 2011, 06:18:04 AM »
got my first roll of film back today from a fully manual camera, only about 5 good photos out of 24

i was told by many people that your first roll of film ever is usually full of crap (especially if you shoot full manual) so im quite pleased with the results

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2353 on: August 12, 2011, 09:41:52 AM »
got my first roll of film back today from a fully manual camera, only about 5 good photos out of 24

i was told by many people that your first roll of film ever is usually full of crap (especially if you shoot full manual) so im quite pleased with the results

you should be, 5 out of 24 is pretty good.
I remember in highschool my photography teacher always told us to make every frame on a roll count, cause he couldn't afford to keep giving us roll after roll after roll for projects.
And then when i got to college, and was buying my own film, it was still a hard habit to break, treating rolls of film too special and limited. But "overshooting" is kind of an important thing to learn how to do. If you get even 1 good picture out of a roll, then you've done well. And the more rolls you shoot, the easier, and more important, your editing will be later.
@idealhandmades

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2355 on: August 13, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
For the first time this summer, the sun isn't out and about blazing with scorching heat. I'm at work all day and won't get out till later tonight.

Simon Sandleshit

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2356 on: August 13, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
my friend is moving in with me for a couple months for the beginning of the school year.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2357 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »
My girl and I split up. Weirdest mixture of super happy and really bummed. It was really amicable and mutual, but its crazy not being with someone after pretty much 5 years.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #2358 on: August 15, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »

this thing has been the bane of my existence for the last 6 months, but now that i'm finally starting to get the hang of it it's turning out to be quite an amazing piece of equipment.  the sonic possibilities of this thing are pretty extensive, its just really hard to wrap your head around (on my 6th time reading through the manual and i still don't get most of it)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2359 on: August 15, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you should be, 5 out of 24 is pretty good.
I remember in highschool my photography teacher always told us to make every frame on a roll count, cause he couldn't afford to keep giving us roll after roll after roll for projects.
And then when i got to college, and was buying my own film, it was still a hard habit to break, treating rolls of film too special and limited. But "overshooting" is kind of an important thing to learn how to do. If you get even 1 good picture out of a roll, then you've done well. And the more rolls you shoot, the easier, and more important, your editing will be later.

thats the thing with film...

with the photographs i take on my DSLR i do the smallest ammount of editing possable to try and keep it natural but with film im trying to "keep it real" and just take photographs the way i want them and leave them as just that, no editing. anyways on the second roll of film now, should be easier now that ive fixed the light meter (the last 5 frames i just had to guess the exposure due to a broken light meter and did suprisingly well)

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2360 on: August 15, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
good to hear you got the lightmeter fixed.
and in my last post I didn't mean "editing" as in image manipulation, I meant it as paring down which frames you decide to use. Say you're trying to put together a series of 5 photographs. the 5 you put together by only using 1 or 2 rolls are almost always going to be a weaker series than the 5 you put together using 8 or 10 rolls with.
@idealhandmades

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
« Reply #2361 on: August 16, 2011, 12:35:00 AM »
stoked that if i finish editing a seminar for work tonight; i'll have time tomorrow to skate and film with karl

un stoke portion is the 6 hours of editing ahead of me ha

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2362 on: August 16, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
Stoked on going to lake for 3 nights tommorow, but not stoked that I cant work so Im gonna broke after that.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #2363 on: August 17, 2011, 05:47:44 AM »
school

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2364 on: August 17, 2011, 06:06:41 AM »
New job. I really look forward to start on this new job. Better salery, more interesting and I will learn shitloads about running a company and all that shit. Its a super sick opportunity all the way. Not stoked on leaving my current co-workers. Those guys are the best. Its so good in many ways, but kinda sad at the same time.

BuddyPal

« Reply #2365 on: August 17, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
school
samesies
except school starts next week but it will be my senior year of high school

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2366 on: August 17, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »
The tax free weekend sale, I at least get to wear jeans to work though.

Switch Mongo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2367 on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »
College

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2368 on: August 18, 2011, 01:59:40 PM »
physical therapy so i can skate again.

cheez-its. 

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #2369 on: August 18, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
buying a van tomorrow.  stoked that i'm finally done looking and stoked on the low price, not too stoked that its a 97, but its only got 74000 miles (dodge ram conversion owned by some old fucks).  looks a little dated, but it'll get the job done, and i should have enough left to get a little honda cl350 and some of the music equipment for my studio i'm trying to set up.  really bummed about having to tell the other guy whose van i had committed to buy.  feel so shitty on going back on our "handshake deal", but times are tough
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower