Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709289 times)

jack burton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2460 on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »
Used my new laptop on the can for the first time.... to bad it was diarrhea.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2461 on: October 26, 2011, 04:32:10 PM »
Getting a gameboy emulator on my phone and playing pokemon gold.  It is taking up a lot of my free time.

Jack Smith

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2463 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:05 AM »
So, I work at a club, and sometime my job includes kicking people out. Tonight there was a guy that spit whiskey in my face, who we had to kick out multiple times. That sucked but, it's funny seeing a drunk shit talker cowering in fear and trying to run. The collar and belt, grab and toss is always satisfying.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2464 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
Theres a new manager at the tescos by my work whos a right dick, there are these two big issue sellers who stand outside and sell the big issue and have been doing this for years, all the locals know them and theyre both really nice guys...

The new manager has told them that their not allowed to sell the magazines there any-more which means theyd lose all their sales because they prety much only get money from the locals who know them and if they had to move to the city centre theyd simply have too much competition and would end up losing this little flat that theyre living in.

We have arranged a local meeting later to get together as many locals as we can to stop this from happening, looks like were gonna have to make a petition in order to let them keep their selling spot. Seeing as i work in a college ive said that if they give me a copy of the petition id get a couple hundred signatures for them easily.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #2465 on: October 27, 2011, 05:00:24 AM »
So, I work at a club, and sometime my job includes kicking people out. Tonight there was a guy that spit whiskey in my face, who we had to kick out multiple times. That sucked but, it's funny seeing a drunk shit talker cowering in fear and trying to run. The collar and belt, grab and toss is always satisfying.
aw the bums rush classic, i bought a selfish deck because it was the first one ive seen in person and i really like the shape and feel of it. i dont know how to feel about it
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2466 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
Got written up at work, but boss said to just throw it away.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2467 on: October 30, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
For anyone that remembers that longboard art contest I entered and didn't place in (again, HUGE thanks to the Pals for helping me out with votes and support, ah luh yoo  :-*)... well, turns out that it wasn't good enough to win, but someone over there at either Adrenalina or Scion liked it enough that they asked me and one other non-winner for our full res PSD and/or vector files (non graphics folks: they were asking for the working files from Photoshop in their full resolution- that would only be asked if they were going to manufacture the boards).

The email had been sent to the three winners, me, and the other cat ("Mike"). Looking at one of the winning decks, you can tell that it wasn't done to spec (41x9", 300dpi) and since the designer prominently used a lens flare I doubt they even know what that means. Rather than bump the ugly old contest thread, I figured I'd put the email exchange from yesterday in here:

So what was their response to your last message?
edit: I didn't realize how long ago this was. This type of shit just pisses me off - rich fucks trying to get work for free, as if they are doing you a favor. I am just curious, but based on the time elapsed since you commented, probably not expecting a reply.

Finally cleaning my apartment, it has been a while. I like clean environments but hate cleaning.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:44:55 AM by happenstance »

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2468 on: November 02, 2011, 07:56:20 AM »
Stressed this entire week due to being over scheduled at work with a test and essay due and no time to study. Oh well, I'm going to New York next week.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #2469 on: November 02, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »
Collar/belt move is boss. I also liked grabbing them on the shoulders and shaking them the whole way out the door.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2470 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
My radio is broken and it started to rain before I got out of work.

Bought new jeans, played my iPod on the speakers at work , and going to drink beer with my bud.

dude this thread is about things you're both stoked and not stoked on. It's really annoying when people just list something they're stoked not on then something different that they are stoked on

forumpolice!

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2471 on: November 02, 2011, 08:41:04 PM »
No Fap November, a contest setup on another forum. Trying it to see how long I can go, but god damn this next month is going to suck

jimi420

« Reply #2472 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:57 PM »
This girl texted me and told me she got her nips pierced. I've been trying to view these things for a while so I invited her over so I could take a gander. She gets here and immediately takes off her bra and shows me what could have the most disappointing titties I've ever seen in my life. I'm glad the mystery is over but god damn they weren't what I was expecting.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #2473 on: November 02, 2011, 10:08:18 PM »
This girl texted me and told me she got her nips pierced. I've been trying to view these things for a while so I invited her over so I could take a gander. She gets here and immediately takes off her bra and shows me what could have the most disappointing titties I've ever seen in my life. I'm glad the mystery is over but god damn they weren't what I was expecting.

way to ruin your tits like that you dumb whore

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2474 on: November 04, 2011, 08:11:14 AM »
^^^
I know how that is. I've a few people on facebook that were friends in middle and high school. There's probably no way we would click like before, people make big changes.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #2475 on: November 04, 2011, 08:59:06 AM »
Yeah, I also found my best friend from 8th grade on facebook. He's still living in the same house with his parents in CO, finished art school and now just does weird, not very good photoshop projects and posts them on fb, and was talking about how 8th grade was the best year of his life. Weird going from reminiscing with an old friend to just feeling sorry for them.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2476 on: November 05, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »
Thinkin about playin football my senior year.
Got a cease and desist order today.

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #2477 on: November 06, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
eat some ramen noodles with weed yesterday and got into a bad fucking trip. i felt like life was meaning less and cried multiple times, however today i woke up much more grateful about life.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2478 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
I have a credit card.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2479 on: November 10, 2011, 02:04:14 PM »
back from dubai. good to be home and see friends, but damn i miss the heat and i kinda diluted myself into feeling rich there, which evaporated when i got home. but most of all, i miss my girlfriend who i went to visit.

got a new job after only a weekend of searching, which feels good to be making money and was a confidence booster. however its not exactly on my preferred path. right after losing my last job i psyched myself into thinking itd be a good chance to take some time to do an internship and take on unpaid work in the field that i want, so i feel im kinda back where i started, but with a less cool job. whatever, i dont think i have the self motivation to work outside a structured job at the moment, so i might as well try to make a bit of money

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #2480 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
rip n dip sent me the wrong t shirt like 2 months ago and i live in the UK so that shit took like 3 weeks to come. I emailed them and didn't receive any reply so emailed a couple more times and they eventually got back to me apologising for the wait and stuff and basically they're sending me the original t shirt i wanted and letting me keep the other one, should be here within a few days! rad guys over at ripndip, i like what they're doing!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

solo

• Rep: -23
  • skateboarding
« Reply #2481 on: November 10, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
Occupy Cal 11/9/11 PART 1

stoked on the efforts of the students.

definitely pissed off about how the cops reacted

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #2482 on: November 14, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
Working three nightshifts this week, which sucks, but the paycheck is gonna be nice.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #2483 on: November 14, 2011, 05:53:00 AM »
there is a new spot built in my town, one of those wood-panel-things that have various heights and are kinda connected to each other, i saw many like this in videos lately.

but its gonna snow really soon, and i dont think that it will be ready before that. and i dont think that it will be possible to skate it then. fuck.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2484 on: November 14, 2011, 06:15:59 AM »
there is a new spot built in my town, one of those wood-panel-things that have various heights and are kinda connected to each other, i saw many like this in videos lately.

but its gonna snow really soon, and i dont think that it will be ready before that. and i dont think that it will be possible to skate it then. fuck.

If you are still in sweden , we are pretty good at cleaning up snow . Usualy you get away with having this really cold weather with dry / cold / frozen spots , with only frost .  Swedish goverment is always ontop of the snow situations . So harder and colder to skate , but its still doable

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2485 on: November 14, 2011, 06:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you are still in sweden , we are pretty good at cleaning up snow . Usualy you get away with having this really cold weather with dry / cold / frozen spots , with only frost .  Swedish goverment is always ontop of the snow situations . So harder and colder to skate , but its still doable

yeah, i?m still here, but its in the middle of a park, so i?ll just hope for the best. in the worst case, we?ll get some salt and shovels.

frank

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2486 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:56 AM »
bought my first car today.
no oil change stickers. low oil. low tire pressure. and the worse part, my front pads were pretty much gone. the first one hit the ground as soon as i popped the tire off

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #2487 on: November 19, 2011, 04:04:15 AM »
I asked a woman on a date tonight! So hyped as I have been single for 6 months now and have been blowing it with women in this time. I am 26 and got a date with a 35 year old yoga teacher. I am not stoked on the fact that I have no idea of how to swoon a 35 year old woman. Wish me luck.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2488 on: November 19, 2011, 04:34:48 AM »
I asked a woman on a date tonight! So hyped as I have been single for 6 months now and have been blowing it with women in this time. I am 26 and got a date with a 35 year old yoga teacher. I am not stoked on the fact that I have no idea of how to swoon a 35 year old woman. Wish me luck.

"does this smell like chloroform to you?"

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2489 on: November 19, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
Devo is playing a club that's a five minute walk from my house, but I can't go because I'm going on vacation to Jamaica.  So that's stoked-not stoked-then restoked. 

Also, just finished building a sick new entertainment center, but when I reconnected my cable box I'm getting the "Verizon FiOS is starting up....one moment please" message for two hours.  Now I get to deal with VZ customer service.  Sweet.