Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709276 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2580 on: January 10, 2012, 03:15:16 AM »
LSU got their ass handed to them.  but a bunch of bama fans got me wasted as fuck for free.  somehow ended up back home with 20 bucks more than when i left.  i graduated from LSU and kinda wanted them to win, but it was pretty great seeing all of these douchebags everywhere literally crying because some other douchebags lost a football game. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2581 on: January 10, 2012, 04:20:49 AM »
Just had my teeth fixed, cant eat for 48 hours because of horrable pain in my mouth and cant chew. i hate soup  :( but at least now my teeth are all there

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2582 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:01 AM »
haha her sons looked like jimmy from boardwalk empire
her tits were actually pretty good, but she had adult sons :o :o
Had? Looked? I hope you buried the bodies in a very discreet spot. But good for you. They were only going to ruin your fun anyway.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2583 on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
my girldfriend phones me last night saying "oh my god babes guess what, wu tang is playing at the O2 in a couple of weeks, we should go"

So of course i said deffinatley... turns out its not wutang, just GZA, should still be good though

VictoriousOG

« Reply #2584 on: January 10, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
I would still love to see GZA. You better go.

Trick ass hoe.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #2585 on: January 10, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »
my girldfriend phones me last night saying "oh my god babes guess what, wu tang is playing at the O2 in a couple of weeks, we should go"

So of course i said deffinatley... turns out its not wutang, just GZA, should still be good though
I'd rather see GZA solo than all of Wu Tang together.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2586 on: January 10, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »
dude thats owns the shop is letting me handle part of the new spring line (a board graphic, and 3 shirt designs)
psyched for the opportunity and stuff

...but so far the input for inspiration I've gotten from him is "nightvision" and "Sasquatch" (blehhh, A-Team steez with lame kid-ish Chris Haslam graphics in a baker/shakejunt color scheme? gross).

trying real hard to find an angle to approach this project from that'll get me psyched, and while surfing the internet for the better part of my morning looking at antique camping equipment and survival gear was fun, it hasn't yielded much.
@idealhandmades

jeveuxdelacoke

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2587 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
empty park this morning

had to pick up trash from the people who were their the day before
is it really that hard to walk 5 feet to the trashcan?

Danny Duberstein

« Reply #2588 on: January 10, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Just finished the complete series of the wire and was completely blown away. Bummed it finally had to end, I'm already contemplating watching it again. Highly recommend checking it out.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #2589 on: January 10, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
empty park this morning

had to pick up trash from the people who were their the day before
is it really that hard to walk 5 feet to the trashcan?

The fucking worst! There is this one park I go to because of the dope ass flat bar there and it seems like when people leave they just throw their drinks on the ground so they spill, dry out and the ground gets sticky. Skating that park pretty much means laundry day after. It's pretty bad considering there is two trashcans on either side and benches, so you can at least leave them there, not throw them across the park.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2590 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
Hip arthriscopy tomorrow.
More stoked on it than not, though.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2591 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
14 hour work day after barely working.

14 hour work day after barely working.

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2592 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
going back to school in a couple days

jimi420

« Reply #2593 on: January 18, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »
I'm on yearbook staff and the school newspaper. I took a journalism class thinking it'd just teach me how to do it but it's actually a class where you just go do it. I'm hyped because this'll look good on a resume but god damn this semester is going to be busy.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2594 on: January 19, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
i think my singer is quitting my band.  and i'm pretty ok with it.  she's kind of a cancer in our lives and i want to move on without all of the drama.   its just that we have an official showcase at SXSW, so i've got to avoid going off on this bitch until after that, when she can officially hit the bricks.  also not looking forward for all the bullshit that comes with finding a new singer, and changing the name, and also losing alot of the momentum we've gotten with all of our press this year.  at the end of the day, its gonna be a good thing so whatever.  new album and ep out by fall if it kills me

8)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2595 on: January 19, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
A lot of snow, super super cold/windy for where I live.

But its an 'arctic outflow' so its kinda foreign feeling and I can pretend this is what its like living in the other 99% of canada. Also makes me so damn grateful for our mild climate.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2596 on: January 19, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
dude thats owns the shop is letting me handle part of the new spring line (a board graphic, and 3 shirt designs)
psyched for the opportunity and stuff

...but so far the input for inspiration I've gotten from him is "nightvision" and "Sasquatch" (blehhh, A-Team steez with lame kid-ish Chris Haslam graphics in a baker/shakejunt color scheme? gross).

trying real hard to find an angle to approach this project from that'll get me psyched, and while surfing the internet for the better part of my morning looking at antique camping equipment and survival gear was fun, it hasn't yielded much.

dude just changed the idea/inspiration to "sound" and "riots"...cool

after i spent a bunch of time working on the old idea...not as cool
@idealhandmades

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2597 on: January 19, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
Got back 40 rolls of super8 and 16mm film from telecine scanning and while capturing it to my computer and listening to the radio, I heard that Kodak has filed for bankruptcy. Pretty much all of the film shot was Kodak. Nice while it lasted...

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2598 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »
to the dude with the salon slut- foxy girls cutting hair know how to play it like they're digging you for the tip and future hair cuts. Also, women who work in that industry are more often than not, fucked. good luck with that shit.

started final semester in undergrad career.

classes are dreadfully easy yet horribly BORING. its going to to be a hard semester. I'm working on getting another grant to return to Cambodia for 8 weeks this summer. hopefully it pans out.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2599 on: January 19, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »
i think my singer is quitting my band.  and i'm pretty ok with it.  she's kind of a cancer in our lives and i want to move on without all of the drama.   its just that we have an official showcase at SXSW, so i've got to avoid going off on this bitch until after that, when she can officially hit the bricks.  also not looking forward for all the bullshit that comes with finding a new singer, and changing the name, and also losing alot of the momentum we've gotten with all of our press this year.  at the end of the day, its gonna be a good thing so whatever.  new album and ep out by fall if it kills me

8)

How come you have to change the name? Is there some sort of contractual obligation here or just a personal promise? If you were just going to do it out of courtesy to her I would say fuck it and keep the name, unless she can claim some sort of legal right to it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2600 on: January 19, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »
nothing like that, i just don't like the name and she came up with the name, and i'd just want to have a clean slate.  i hate when bands do the "featuring x members of ...." thing, but i really hate the name.  thats really still up in the air, because depending how SXSW goes, our name recognition might be a lot more important.  had practice with her today and it went a lot better.  still set on getting someone else, but i think it might be civil between us until that point

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2601 on: January 19, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
Ok, I can see why you would want to get rid of it in that case, it would just be a big step backwards marketing wise to have to change your moniker just after you started getting broad exposure. Unless you're already cemented in people's minds its easy enough for them to completely miss the change, then when your new ep comes out its like "eh, who are they again?"

On the other hand, I don't particularly like the name either and if she's as much of an annoying vindictive bitch as you've described, you know she'll probably hold a grudge against you if the name stays. Was the name supposed to be a reference to cocaine or just a couple random words?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2602 on: January 19, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
oh god no.  i've never even smoked weed, much less done coke.  it had something to do with her riding her bike drunk one night and staring at the lines in the road or some other hippie shit.  but yeah, it makes no sense at all but we just wanted to make her happy so we went with it.  looks like some other stuff might be popping up just after SXSW, so we might be stuck with it for a little while longer.  i guess i've got until our next record comes out to decide.  our new shit is a lot darker and chaotic, and i'd like our name to make sense in that context.  hate to waste time thinking about this shit, i'd rather just get to work making music.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #2603 on: January 19, 2012, 08:57:23 PM »
freedom.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2604 on: January 19, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
fuck yeah dude!!!  yeah whatever happens, i'm cool with it.  i've got about 20 demos in various forms of completion at the moment, so I'm not too worried about it, just don't want to deal with the residual hassle.  your logo is the shit.  we sold out of them pretty quick on tour!

also, gonna start an italian horror themed production company to cover the soundtrack work i want to start doing.  once i get that all sorted out i'm definitely gonna need artwork for that.  i'm thinking something with a late 70's sleazy times square slasher vibe....

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #2605 on: January 20, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
Long exposures in a snow storm.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2606 on: January 21, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
fuck yeah dude!!!  yeah whatever happens, i'm cool with it.  i've got about 20 demos in various forms of completion at the moment, so I'm not too worried about it, just don't want to deal with the residual hassle.  your logo is the shit.  we sold out of them pretty quick on tour!

also, gonna start an italian horror themed production company to cover the soundtrack work i want to start doing.  once i get that all sorted out i'm definitely gonna need artwork for that.  i'm thinking something with a late 70's sleazy times square slasher vibe....

You need to check these guys out if that's your new direction

Also, that's a shame about your band. I have Covered In Dust and I like it a lot

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2607 on: January 21, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
thanks man!!! looks like things are cool for the moment; gonna reevaluate stuff in a couple months, but whatever we end up calling it, i'm gonna have something out by fall if it kills me

and italo horror is my obsession.  Goblin and John Carpenter are the reason that i got into synthesizers in the first place! (i think my all time favorite goblin soundtrack is from Tenebrae).  anyway, my horror movie influence definitely comes through more in our newer stuff, i just hope it translates well outside of my head

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2608 on: January 23, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »
last day of my exchange semester in sweden. many, many great memories. but i?m stoked to skate with my homies again. not so stoked that "normal" life is gonna get its grip on me again.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2609 on: January 23, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »
I'm gonna try and not masturbate for as long as I can.

Ideally, I'm shooting for a week just to see how things go.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:53:31 AM by Smell Good »