Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709357 times)

chillout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2610 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
ive got more than a full class schedule and im getting the extra class for free. not stoked that the workload is killing me

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2611 on: January 23, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
I work 4 days a week at a furniture store and intern 2 days a week at a non-profit. I need more time to myself! This will take diligence in looking for a "real job" (I want to find something in the non-profit field, otherwise I stay where I am at because my job isn't that bad and my internship is great - no chance of reducing the schedule though if I want to keep both). Writing cover letters and constantly changing my resume to fit the desired job is a pain in the ass. I made a wager with my sister that if I don't apply to at least 4 jobs a week I owe her $50 (every week). Hyped that I finally found my motivation to stay on this and not so happy that this may get expensive if I don't remain diligent.

Edit: Shit was way easier in college when I had to worry about grades. Self-motivation is a bitch!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:48:09 PM by happenstance »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2612 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Similarrrr, working around 45 hour weeks and goin to school in really difficult classes 4 days a week. Barely holding on but at least I'm busy in shitty winter, and the classes are worthwhile.

Another one is that I'm just taking unrelated courses for the past couple years, trying to find something I like. I like all but one class I've taken, I feel like I'm further away from knowing what to specialize in than I was before school.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #2613 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
I'm gonna try and not masturbate for as long as I can.

Ideally, I'm shooting for a week just to see how things go.

Ive tried and failed horribly

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2614 on: January 24, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
Thinking latly if my job is really for me , fucking long days , like 15 hour shifts , and where I work now I have to comute really long hours , I just worked thursday - sunday , and only getting 3 hours sleep each night . Come into work , get super stressed out about all the things that need to get done , getting into verbal arguments almost every day because of idiots or fuck ups in work .

Add the pressure from having to do a really good job everyday and not fuck up . Having to do alot more then other places Ive worked befor . Just stressed the fuck out , and wondering if Im gonna get a bleeding ulcer or something soon .

Then I wonder what the fuck am I gonna do if I quit ? and how fucking bored I would be if I did . And when the day is over and Ive dealt with all the fucking bullshit and arguments , tell offs , pressure , and super stressed out bussy day . I reflect and think about how much I love my fucking job

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2615 on: January 24, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.

ShadowKhaN

• Rep: 7
  • Yea
« Reply #2616 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
Finally able to buy alcohol. trying to stop drinking 4 loko and start getting drunk off beer....so hard beer is gross idk

(im doing it wrong i know)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2617 on: January 24, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
Finally able to buy alcohol. trying to stop drinking 4 loko and start getting drunk off beer....so hard beer is gross idk

You get the fuck out, you get out right now.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2618 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »

I did something similar on another forum called "No Fap November" worst month ever

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2619 on: January 24, 2012, 07:44:27 PM »

So twelve is the legal drinking age in your country? You should develop a taste for more mannish drinks soon enough; four loko's and bacardi breezers become much more incriminating after puberty has run its course.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2620 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
Going to get my knee tattooed tomorrow.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2621 on: January 25, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.

had to move back from milano , but I work in copenhagen .

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2622 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
Expand Quote
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.
[close]

how can chef's work so many hours? Is that normal?

ShadowKhaN

• Yea
« Reply #2623 on: January 25, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So twelve is the legal drinking age in your country? You should develop a taste for more mannish drinks soon enough; four loko's and bacardi breezers become much more incriminating after puberty has run its course.

Hey thats the point! Hey at least im forcing myself to man up and drinking a 6 pick every night! IM A MAN!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2624 on: January 25, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
If you are looking for a cool addiction just go right to coke, all your idiot friends will be hyped as fuck!!

ShadowKhaN

• Yea
« Reply #2625 on: January 25, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
I have no friends!!  Pre judging is dope

Blumpkinz

• Rep: -46
  • I only post when drunk
« Reply #2626 on: January 25, 2012, 11:44:54 PM »
Adderall.

Stoked-  Snorted it right before me 2nd half of my 12 shift began.  Work went by so fast and had a great attitude during the whole thing

Not stoked- On my way home I realized it was just at the peak and then started drinking and now I am just sitting here feening for more booze and cigs and i work tomorrow at 9

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2627 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I did something similar on another forum called "No Fap November" worst month ever
Why do you want to stop masturbating?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2628 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »
Was skating home from the coffee shop when I slammed on a little pebble. Took a nice little tumble in the middle of the street, but the lid on my coffee stayed on, and i barely spilled any.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2629 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »
Going to get my knee tattooed tomorrow.

good luck with that. I don't think I'll ever get my knees tattooed.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2630 on: February 05, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.
[close]

[close]

Well it kinda depends on the kind of place you work . Some places has 2 teams , Lunch / Dinner . So I guess you get away with working about 10-12 hours then or so . Other places you are there the whole day and do about 12-17 hour shifts . And some places you work maybe a 8 hour shift at say a lunch restaurant .

Most ive worked in a month was about 330 hours or so , thats about 5 days a week 16 hour shifts . add some extra on that the days you had to come in early or leave late because something .   

The place Im at now I do maybe 280 hours a month , so its not too bad I think . Next place I belive I will be doing 300+ hours again and I will love it .

As a rule the better place , the more hours you work , unless they have 2 teams

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2631 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well it kinda depends on the kind of place you work . Some places has 2 teams , Lunch / Dinner . So I guess you get away with working about 10-12 hours then or so . Other places you are there the whole day and do about 12-17 hour shifts . And some places you work maybe a 8 hour shift at say a lunch restaurant .

Most ive worked in a month was about 330 hours or so , thats about 5 days a week 16 hour shifts . add some extra on that the days you had to come in early or leave late because something .   

The place Im at now I do maybe 280 hours a month , so its not too bad I think . Next place I belive I will be doing 300+ hours again and I will love it .

Get a gig at NOMA!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2632 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Get a gig at NOMA!

Was there 7 months from 2009-2010 . Talked to the head chef last week when I cooked for him and Im starting casual work there in march .

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2633 on: February 05, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where do ya work Monty?
Im in Malmoe right now.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Get a gig at NOMA!
[close]

Was there 7 months from 2009-2010 . Talked to the head chef last week when I cooked for him and Im starting casual work there in march .
Fucking awesome, stoked for you Monty!

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2634 on: February 05, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
working 17 hours yesterday, killed me but i got shit done yo

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #2635 on: February 09, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
that anchorwoman who tried to kiss a pit bull or whatever it was

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2636 on: February 09, 2012, 02:04:32 PM »
A homeless dude just bombed a small hill in the rain on the back of a shopping cart.

He tried to stop at the bottom but just slid on the wet ground and went right into the intersection, almost got killed/caused a multi car accident.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2637 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »
A "temporary" skate park got put in my town recently.

Its nice to have something to skate within walking distance but the place is the worst.

All aluminum ramps built by people that are obviously not skateboarders... Ledge sticks hard and the flatbar has these huge bolts sticking out of the ground that you get stuck on... Manny pad is all wavy...

Sigh.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #2638 on: February 09, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
Finally mustered up the copurage to ask out this girl from my internship. She is the most amazing combination of nerdy and hot. She has a boyfriend I come to find out. I am bummed out because a woman of her calibre is rare but I am also happy that I went for exactly what I wanted. Conflict of interest situations usually intimidate me. Also met another girl on Tuesday so I shouldn't complain.

Edit: Had a work related one too - I got a warning from my boss in the last week that my sales were low at this furniture store I work at. Pretty much a shape up or ship out situation. I was a little freaked out. Now the other salesperson just got locked up for some reason (which sucks) but now I have a little job security because the new person he hires will be way below me on the learning curve (believe it or not there is an art to furniture sales). Another crappy part of the situation is that I have to work tomorrow (an internship day which is way more enjoyable) and my only day off which is Saturday. Making some more money isn't a bad thing but this will mean I am working 13 days in a row. On a positive note, having my job in jeopardy has lit a fire under me to apply to more non-profit jobs.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:47:21 PM by happenstance »

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #2639 on: February 27, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
damn, there was an unclaimed bag in the cloakroom at the end of a show last night and it had a purse with like a thousand pounds cash in it. I was so tempted to take 50 quid (or more), I mean how dumb do you have to be to forget a bag with camera, keys and a grand in it, but I pussied out and handed it in before I left. Crazy thinking that if I was a cunt I could have just jacked the whole thing and be a grand up right now, but obviously that would be seriously dumb, ethical issues aside.

Now pleased that I chose not to, not worth risking losing my job over that shit, and hopefully the person happily finds it.