Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709996 times)

oneshovel

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2700 on: May 08, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Just had the best nap ever... After avoiding studying all day in favor of lurking Slap and eating food.  Honestly, what is wrong with me that I'd rather read Curren Caples interviews over something that will benefit my life.

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2701 on: May 08, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
Just got home from a little backpacking trip. Did 23 miles in two days, had great weather, and camped at a rad spot in the woods.

I have a blister on my left foot about the size of my thumb.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2702 on: May 09, 2012, 01:01:15 AM »
Stoked: Being in a Slap enviroment.

Not Stoked: Forgot to pick my daughter up from school.
I fucking mclove you man

a guy from school had his girlfriend leave him for another girl, we all gave him a lot of shit about it. does this still bother you/affect future relationships with the opposite sex? it certainly did in his case

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2703 on: May 09, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
Heinz potato chips

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2704 on: May 11, 2012, 03:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Got punched in my face by a good friend and I feel we got closer after it.
[close]
I feel you, hope you punched him back and all is good.  This might be relevant:
http://takimag.com/article/never_trust_anyone_who_hasnt_been_punched_in_the_face/print#axzz1uG3lPFXd

stoked: bought a whole bunch of sex toys to stick in girlfriend's ass. 

not stoked: realised I spent enough money to cover new skate shoes, and that nieratko has been using celery sticks and carrots on chicks at no charge like 5ever

I suppose it's an investment in the relationship, and if it all goes pear shaped I can always go fuck myself.

Fuck... the people in the comments suck so bad. The whole article seems designed to be an ego booster for the worst kind of dudes.

sabbathunder

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2705 on: May 11, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
had anal sex with my girlfriend today for the first time...it was...interesting..

BuddyPal

« Reply #2706 on: May 12, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
im so sorry man, that shit must of hurt you asshole so bad.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #2707 on: May 12, 2012, 09:08:57 PM »
Got my Dickies in the mail today after a weeklong anticipation

They turned out to be too big and now I got to send them back for a smaller size (34X34 to 32X32), but it'll only cost $5 more because Amazon is rad.

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2708 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
http://takimag.com/article/never_trust_anyone_who_hasnt_been_punched_in_the_face/print#axzz1uG3lPFXd

not stoked: realised I spent enough money to cover new skate shoes, and that nieratko has been using celery sticks and carrots on chicks at no charge like 5ever

I suppose it's an investment in the relationship, and if it all goes pear shaped I can always go fuck myself.

[close]

Fuck... the people in the comments suck so bad. The whole article seems designed to be an ego booster for the worst kind of dudes.
it caters to a very...different...section of the general population.  still, they have some interesting articles from time to time, and gavin mcinnes is funny.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2709 on: May 13, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »

it caters to a very...different...section of the general population.  still, they have some interesting articles from time to time, and gavin mcinnes is funny.

I mean, as humor I could appreciate it. Also after only reading the comments for a little bit I already found the big boss man of the comments who is a fucking whacko. Introducing the Misanthropologist! His comments are so ridiculously long and self masturbatory it's great.

The Misanthropologist, I was. I am. I shall become. I shall labour to rule the intellectual discourse by exploiting every weakness to maximum efficacy.

"Excellent article, but it is afflicted with over-simplification.  Even concepts of fighting in today's world have been compromised.  Many people now think that training and competing in mixed martial arts is actual fighting, when in reality, it differs little from other sports in its applicability to real situations.  In sports like mma, there are rules.  In real fights, anything goes.  There are no hugs normally following a fight.  There are post-"fight" hugs exchanged in mma.  This convoluted alteration of the natural world order confuses people, and serves to distort their perceptions of reality even further.

Last February I was attending a party, and in typically inebriated Finnish tradition, a young man approached me and requested we "fight".  When I responded that I had no desire to quarrel, as I had never even heard a word from the dude before, he informed me that it was a kind of informal Finnish tradition.  He then said, "You just look like a big, strong guy, and I want to fight you in front of this girl."  I then told him the obvious size and strength advantage I had, and he said he would win because of his jiu-jitsu skills.  Well, being the competitive lad I am, I agreed to this proposed "fight."  What happened?  The Finn tried to take me down, but I just grabbed his head while he was in the process.  Using my strength, I forced my right arm around his neck, squeezing as hard as I could, and leaning backward.  The next thing I knew, his feet were off the ground.  Once that happened, this "fighter" began tapping on my left arm, obviously panicking.  When I released the hold, his face was a plum, or at least that purple!  After he regained his ability to breathe normally, he was immediately crying in his girlfriend's arms, so I came over and apologised for my brutality.

Approximately 30 minutes later, the Finnish jiu-jitsu master said, "You have to give me a rematch!"  The demand seemed unreasonable to me, being as I had just nearly taken his life inadvertently.  What right did this guy have to demand anything from me? Still, he kept demanding it, and I kept refusing.  The next thing I knew, when I turned my back to this girly man, the back of my head was buffeted by a wine bottle.  I retaliated by drubbing him with a stool, and he soon lost his urge to fight, possibly some teeth, and hopefully a lot of self-respect.

The point of the preceding tale is, people have lost all awareness of their places in the natural hierarchy, which corresponds directly to Locklin's thesis. What can change this woeful development in Western civilisation? A re-acquainting with reality, which will likely only come through sacrifice and hardship. It will not be pleasant for anyone, but genuine suffering is required to eradicate the Western world of all of this anti-natural thought and behaviour, which seeks to destroy nature by merely denying it. The denial of nature is the pestilence, but that plague also has distinct symptoms which must be remedied if culture is to survive."

He then goes on and gets in a flame war with another poster each firing back 5-7 paragraph long diatribes about how manly they are.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2710 on: May 13, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
Everything on that site seems to be directed towards this particular cohort of self-important, faux intellectual, libertarian college kids. There's just something about the smug, hetero-normativeness of every article that makes the few good points they make seem less credible.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #2711 on: May 13, 2012, 05:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #2712 on: May 13, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »
Was captured on film doing a couple tricks over a small planter gap.

Tried another trick on it like 50 times in a row and ended up breaking my board.

Struggle session!

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2713 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
woke up with the worst knot in my left shoulder. havent really done anything physical in a few days, so i dont know how it happened. luckily i have a voucher for a shiatsu massage i got for christmas. seems like a good excuse to leave work a little early

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2714 on: May 14, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
Got accepted to usc today.....but the ledges aren't skateable anymore.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2715 on: May 16, 2012, 01:55:58 AM »
good to know i win, but what the heck is this...
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #2716 on: May 16, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »
I skated to the bar the other night and tried to no comply in a hill bomb after a few drinks.  It ended badly.

hahahahah woww. props

cancelled

« Reply #2717 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skated to the bar the other night and tried to no comply in a hill bomb after a few drinks.  It ended badly.
[close]

hahahahah woww. props
[close]

Y'know, it's just one of those things where 2-3 drinks gives you the confidence and stupidity to try it.  I thought I was going slow enough to pull it, yet fast enough to really launch myself.  I was wrong on all counts.

damn were you able to get it back under you?

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #2718 on: May 16, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skated to the bar the other night and tried to no comply in a hill bomb after a few drinks.?  It ended badly.
[close]

hahahahah woww. props
[close]

Y'know, it's just one of those things where 2-3 drinks gives you the confidence and stupidity to try it.?  I thought I was going slow enough to pull it, yet fast enough to really launch myself.?  I was wrong on all counts.
[close]

[close]

Oh, no way in hell would I have tried a 180 no comply in a hill bomb!?  I was just trying for a straight one.?  And no, I basically stepped off and slammed.?  I don't think it even popped.

Maybe your board thought you were trying to push mongo and decided to punish you for it?

cancelled

« Reply #2719 on: May 16, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahahah woww. props
[close]

Y'know, it's just one of those things where 2-3 drinks gives you the confidence and stupidity to try it.  I thought I was going slow enough to pull it, yet fast enough to really launch myself.  I was wrong on all counts.
[close]

[close]

Oh, no way in hell would I have tried a 180 no comply in a hill bomb!  I was just trying for a straight one.  And no, I basically stepped off and slammed.  I don't think it even popped.

haha thats what i figured. i was just wondering if you were able to get your feet back on.  you are courageous sir!

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2720 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:43 AM »
I lost a full pack of cigs and my grinder last week,

Found the cigs today

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2721 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
My body hurts from skating all day and slamming. Best worst feeling ever

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #2722 on: May 18, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
long distance relationships.  chick is rad, but the situation is not.  swore i'd never get into one of these again, yet here i am...
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2723 on: May 18, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
long distance relationships.  chick is rad, but the situation is not.  swore i'd never get into one of these again, yet here i am...

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2724 on: May 19, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
Stoked: Had to debone 80 chickens today . Love taking apart fowl , fish and meat . Basicly if you learn how to take apart a chicken , you can pretty much take apart any bird . Same goes with meat , Learn how to take apart a cow or veal leg and so on . You can basicly take apart a human too then . Plus its fun too find all the sinew and seperate the muscles and so on , break it down 

Not Stoked:  Had to debone 80 chicken , was pretty much over it by nr 50 and still had 30 to go ...

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #2725 on: May 20, 2012, 01:58:56 AM »
I'm watching this WWII documentary (which I love) but it's "in color." I can definitely say that I prefer historical footage to be in its original format. Watching this is like the feeling I get seeing weird HD skate footage. WWII In Color is like seeing HD footage when I just want the good VX shit.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #2726 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:58 AM »
Having a job again. I'm not a big fan of waking up at 6 every morning to get to work.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2727 on: May 21, 2012, 07:08:05 AM »
Someone knocked over my motorbike again, atleast this time it fell left so my exhaust isnt fucked up like last time.

Need to find a safer place to park

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2728 on: May 21, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone knocked over my motorbike again, atleast this time it fell left so my exhaust isnt fucked up like last time.

[close]

Wow, you're sounding much calmer than I would be...

Well last time it took me half an hour to get it working, then had to buy a new exhaust because it was completley fucked.

This time the only actual damage is some scratches and a dent in the bodywork that ill bump out later. But still not exactly happy about it haha

Also a note to people who knock over peoples motors, atleast fucking pick it up and leave a note or something, dont just leave it in the road like its had too many jager bombs
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:22:18 AM by finknoos »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2729 on: May 21, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, you're sounding much calmer than I would be...
[close]

Well last time it took me half an hour to get it working, then had to buy a new exhaust because it was completley fucked.

This time the only actual damage is some scratches and a dent in the bodywork that ill bump out later. But still not exactly happy about it haha

Also a note to people who knock over peoples motors, atleast fucking pick it up and leave a note or something, dont just leave it in the road like its had too many jager bombs

Fucking with somebodys car or bike is a mortal sinn