Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709600 times)

Greg Ostertag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2790 on: July 21, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »
funny enough i did shrooms last night too and also kinda regret it. come down wasnt awful, but i got on the wrong train of thoughts and couldnt shake it. i got really anti social, but there were tons of people at my house so i went to skate, but felt like i was disturbing everyone trying to sleep and couldnt shake that feeling, so i drank merlot in a fenced in schoolyard. stoked that i actually got some pretty good visuals with them. i dont usually

I feel like one would need a fucking steel willpower or a head full of air to stay positive on shrooms.
For me it's just a constant back and forth between crippling paranoia/self absorbed anxiety and incredulous laughter.
The merlot in the schoolyard sounds like it would have been a winner, though. I bombed a hill and it was awesome.
Cold Ghengis

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2791 on: July 22, 2012, 12:46:17 AM »
People always do shrooms wrong. Visit a secluded little island of nature with a good friend and get blissed out with it hombwaye.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2792 on: July 23, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »
Happened to walk by the base of this fancy new skyscraper which is going up in my neighborhood. The idiot architect designed these perfect bank ledge things to go in front. While the area around them isn't quite finished, its obviously going to be a perfect skate spot which I will be getting kicked out of every weekend after two minutes.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #2793 on: July 23, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
Happened to walk by the base of this fancy new skyscraper which is going up in my neighborhood. The idiot architect designed these perfect bank ledge things to go in front. While the area around them isn't quite finished, its obviously going to be a perfect skate spot which I will be getting kicked out of every weekend after two minutes.
Why does that make the architect an idiot? A dude I met in college actually tries to make skateable things in his city planning job. He doesn't skate, but he likes when he actually can create something that gets used.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2794 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why does that make the architect an idiot? A dude I met in college actually tries to make skateable things in his city planning job. He doesn't skate, but he likes when he actually can create something that gets used.

I guess idiot is kind of harsh. I have a pet peeve about beautiful, perfect skate spots getting built and then capped with ugly-ass skate stoppers, which I can definitely see happening here. I'm sure they weren't trying to make us a new skate spot. Right in front of the entrance to a glassy high rise just off Fifth Ave (east side of Central Park) which is also connected to Mt. Sinai hospital? Doesn't make sense.

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2795 on: July 24, 2012, 09:09:51 AM »
Last week this girl I had a pre-calculus class with back in high school posted some half sober comment on my facebook, basically saying that she's dtf. This continues on some of my profile pictures, and eventually I find out that she bartends down the street from the sandwich shop I've been working at this summer. My gut says that this is going to cause more trouble for me than it's worth, but whatever.
I'm usually not out looking for random hookups, that being said I'm going to go see what's up after I get off work tonight.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2796 on: July 27, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
I always thought architechts and city planners that knowingly or unknowingly built skate spots would have a hard time finding work again.

Skating by myself at a non local park.just me and 5 tweens on bikes.they're all psyching up their friend to try rolling in on his bike for an hour.finally he tries, straight to faceplant and comes up screaming and blood flowing outta his mouth and both nostrils.was too funny, besides all the blood in the bowl now.think he broke his nose.also he was chubby, which makes it funnier by default.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2797 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
I always thought architechts and city planners that knowingly or unknowingly built skate spots would have a hard time finding work again.

Skating by myself at a non local park.just me and 5 tweens on bikes.they're all psyching up their friend to try rolling in on his bike for an hour.finally he tries, straight to faceplant and comes up screaming and blood flowing outta his mouth and both nostrils.was too funny, besides all the blood in the bowl now.think he broke his nose.also he was chubby, which makes it funnier by default.
You'd be surprised actually. As long as you can claim it was unknowing and that the structure wasn't designed for that purpose you're usually pretty solid. Plus a lot of employers first question isn't "Have you built any skate spots?"

Back on track, stoked on paying back my student loans, not stoked on the fact that I was in such a rush to do it I just used my entire last paycheck as one payment to finish those fuckers off.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2798 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure they get poached by the Spanish government and move to Barcelona.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #2799 on: July 28, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »

Nah i've heard most Architechts take it as a compliment if the stuff they design gets skated, i've also heard they get super bummed when stuff gets skate stopped because it ruins a lot of the clean lines that the drew into the designs. It was posted up here somewhere, but yeah there was a story about architechts visiting sites they design and arguieng with contracters and building owners when they see ledges knobbed or banks skatestopped.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2800 on: July 31, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah i've heard most Architechts take it as a compliment if the stuff they design gets skated, i've also heard they get super bummed when stuff gets skate stopped because it ruins a lot of the clean lines that the drew into the designs. It was posted up here somewhere, but yeah there was a story about architechts visiting sites they design and arguieng with contracters and building owners when they see ledges knobbed or banks skatestopped.

There are three of these.  One like this and two facing the other way. They haven't paved around them yet, so maybe they are putting in pavers or maybe bark chips or something. There was a guard watching the site already, lol, but that does kind of make sense for the contractor, considering the neighborhood.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2801 on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
A thing I am not stoked on but stoked on, theres no thread for that, or is there? So here it goes.

Ive been getting into practising meditation a lot. While doing this I have gradually noticed that my back starts really hurting in a lot of places when I sit in a relatively good posture for longer than a couple of minutes. Lower-back, my upper-back and my shoulders all hurt. It seems that my posture (and muscles?) needs lots of work...

Not stoked on noticing how much pain I actually have going on in my body, but stoked that I did notice it sooner than later and can now hopefully begin to do something about fixing it and chancing my posture. So, off to the chiropracticor, I guess.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2802 on: July 31, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »
^^^
Maybe your back muscles are weak? I can remember when I didn't work out my back, mainly my lower back. I was always in pain after work. Now that I work out my back more I feel little or no pain and my posture improved.

*sigh* Nothing new, another girl bailed on a date with me. And we honestly had a great connection too. She just has been avoiding me. But now that I've had time to reflect on everything, I believe it's better i stay single until I finish college and get a career going.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #2803 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nobody wants to put skatestoppers on things it looks like crap.  if the client wants it you are going to have to unless you can convince them that cobblestones or the like will work.  I find that the more theoretical/academic the designer the more likely they are to welcome skateboarding.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #2804 on: July 31, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
http://uniquedaily.com/2012/07/slow-motion-shark-attack/

Footage is awesome, but my irrational fear of deep water just compounded itself.

2 minute mark, especially.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:29:06 PM by via »

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #2805 on: July 31, 2012, 06:19:55 PM »
http://uniquedaily.com/2012/07/slow-motion-shark-attack/

Footage is awesome, but my irrational fear of deep water just compounded itself.

2 minute mark, especially.
Sharks are so interesting. They deserve the week.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #2806 on: August 01, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
Had a blast going camping and driving at Deal's Gap. My radiator had been acting up but didn't overheat too often despite beating the shit out of my car on the Dragon. Then driving back from NC to PA yesterday I couldn't go above 55mph without it overheating. Going up any sort of incline, I had to go 50mph. Not to mention I had the heat blasting to suck the hot air from the engine bay, but it was still doing all this. Needless to say, it was a miserable drive home.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2807 on: August 02, 2012, 01:41:17 AM »
^^^
Maybe your back muscles are weak? I can remember when I didn't work out my back, mainly my lower back. I was always in pain after work. Now that I work out my back more I feel little or no pain and my posture improved.

Yeah, I?m looking into starting some kind of an excercise routine for my back, maybe just at home if possible...do you have any particular work out-moves that helped your lower back, something you can recommend? Thanks.

Blunderbutt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2808 on: August 02, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
First day without a cigarette. Stoked cause I've been wanting to quit for a while now, not stoked on my weak will right now. Gotta get through this first week.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #2809 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
My creature board and indy's came in today. Was suppose to come with two sheets of grip.
Didn't come with any.
Fuck you cowtown.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2810 on: August 03, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
Expand Quote
^^^
[close]

Yeah, I?m looking into starting some kind of an excercise routine for my back, maybe just at home if possible...do you have any particular work out-moves that helped your lower back, something you can recommend? Thanks.

here's a site that has some exerices: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/5/muscle/lower-back

I do the Hyperextensions (Back Extensions), it works the best.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2811 on: August 03, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^^
[close]

[close]

here's a site that has some exerices: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/5/muscle/lower-back

I do the Hyperextensions (Back Extensions), it works the best.
Thanks mayne!

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #2812 on: August 03, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
I went to southbank for the first time in a couple of years (last time I passed by I didn't skate) it was a beautiful day; sun was out with a light breeze and seeing the locals got me so hyped to skate... but I didn't have my board because I was out with some family memebers, bummed

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #2813 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:56 AM »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #2814 on: August 06, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
^ What the hell did I just watch?  I'm now in a stupor.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2815 on: August 06, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Puked a little bit on the way home after about five hours of skating in the heat yesterday.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2816 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
Moving tomorrow

Supposed to thunder storm all day.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2817 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:48 PM »
Got a promotion at work, then today I fucked up a bunch.

Told off my local tea party nut congressmen, Jim Bridenstein.

BuddyPal

« Reply #2818 on: August 09, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
canceled enrollment at college i was gonna go to, too expensive
at least i save money now and can now hang with my buds who are going the community college route

Ripped Laces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • Dude, this is america. There are idiots everywhere
    • Ripped Laces = Shoe reviews, product reviews & more avatar image
« Reply #2819 on: August 10, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »
I'm not stoked on the fact that I have, yet again, another back spasm. I've had regular back spasms since I was about 12 and I'm somewhat use to getting them now. So now that I'm bed ridden, I'm kinda stoked that I can work on some emails/ articles I've been meaning to catch up on.