Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709420 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2880 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
How'd you not notice that chick's hand was fucked when you met her? Thought her hand would've stuck out like a sore thumb(had to do it).

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2881 on: October 29, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
The dubstep thing is automatic grounds for a hate fuck. I would also demand a hand job.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2882 on: November 03, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
Not stoked on coming home on weekends to my parents to work my old job so I can pay rent.

I am stoked how ever on getting some alone time since I live with my girlfriend.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #2883 on: November 03, 2012, 11:28:44 PM »
there's more to the story. ? she also admitted to loving dubstep. ? don't know which is worse quite frankly. ? definitely gonna give it a go though, and at least try to smash. ? the booty is seriously other level.

I'd stick through with her.

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2884 on: November 04, 2012, 12:29:21 AM »
cedric ceballos was the dj at the bowling alley i was at tonight, i doubt he needs the money and im sure it pays next to nothing so i guess he enjoys it

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2885 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:38 AM »
went to a cfl game with my gma gpa n friends(all~80 yrs old, all straight edge) cramped in one car.cramped in stadium seats too. the only person in costume was a robocop replica, he was at least 6'6 and he had 4 seats to himself somehow, when every other row was completely full. I never saw him cheer or move and he looked through the tiny eyepiece the whole time.he danced for the dancecams really fluidly but didn't get on the big screen, and then sat still again.so awesome but kinda sad and maybe he's mentally ill
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2886 on: November 07, 2012, 04:16:46 AM »
so. it seems that I'm super attractive to gay dudes. one of them asked my co-worker at an event if I was down.  flattering and all, but this is like the the 3rd occurrence this month.

if I had the same effect on women, life would be sweet. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2887 on: November 07, 2012, 04:39:11 AM »
so. it seems that I'm super attractive to gay dudes. one of them asked my co-worker at an event if I was down.  flattering and all, but this is like the the 3rd occurrence this month.

if I had the same effect on women, life would be sweet. 

You must just be a handsome man.  Your user name doesn't really help your cause. 

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2888 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #2889 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
so today i missed my first class so i got real baked like so high you wish you never got so high, high. Anyways im on the way to school on the bus and there is some chick standing up and the bus driver hit the brakes and she ate TOTAL shit, straight up looked like the bish got stone cold stunnered. at this point im in an uncontrolable fit of laughter like this is the funniest shit i've seen in a while and she just glares at me with the stink eye.

stoked that i seen something real funny, not stoked everyone on the bus thinks im a huge dickhead

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2890 on: November 07, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
Not Stoked:
I went to paris with the girlfriend to celebrate our 4 year anniversary...
I got mugged on the first night or a brand new camera and most importantly my passport.
This meant going through all kinds of difficult processes and expensive fixes such as rebooking our flights. Generally a horrable experience and the most expensive weekend away ever.

Stoked:
We didnt let the fuckers ruin our holiday, managed to keep in high spirits and have a good holiday anyway.
Dont let the fuckers keep you down!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2891 on: November 07, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »
how'd it go down?he have a knife?gun?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2892 on: November 08, 2012, 04:06:51 AM »
how'd it go down?he have a knife?gun?

Nah nothing like that, they went for the confusion technique.

We left a bar at about 3am and were walking back to the hostel when these two guys who look drunk run up and start hugging me and shit, just getting real close and not letting me move really. Because i was abit drunk i just thought they were some drunk people who were a bit too friendly until i felt a hand slide into my front jean pocket. so i slapped it away and started pushing them off me thinking "this isnt funny anymore" then as soon as i manage to get them off me they run away. It took me a moment to realise whats going on, then i realise theyve stolen the contents of my jacket pockets which were even zipped up. so luckily i managed to hold onto my wallet with money and uk driving licence in my jean pocket.

So theres another thing im stoked on but not stoked on
Not stoked: getting robbed
Stoked: it wasnt violent

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2893 on: November 08, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
i think thats usually referred to as "pick pocketed". i guess thats the same as mugging, but i thought mugging implied a more hostile robbery

Harem

« Reply #2894 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »
I'm stoked I'm working 5 days and making a decent income while also studying part time, it's so hard to sit around and do nothing these days. Not stoked that at this rate it'll probably take me until 2015 to complete my degree. I kind of just want it over & done with, eh.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2895 on: November 11, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
Yesterday was a great day. I worked at the Yoga center, went to a lecture on the Bhagavad Gita, and participated in Kirtan. I was flying with some deep energy and focus. So before Kirtan I went to skate, because I'd bought a new sled and my first pair of skate shoes in a long time (I'd been broke and skating old running shoes for a year). It was a beautiful day, crisp sweater/hoody kind of weather. I rolled up to the local Uni campus to skate some new spots and there was a crew of 8 dudes skating and filming. Well, 2 were skating and the rest were lurking. No one said anything to me so I just started jamming the ledge and you know these dudes are skating well, landing some sick shit so I'm giving them props and they ignore me. I asked the group of lurkers where they were from, they ignored me for a minute the one dude answers and asks if I'm local and stares at me. I just had to laugh. That would've bummed me out a few years ago but like I said I had to laugh at their clique and just keep skating. In the hour I skated I landed everything I tried with the exception of a 2 block smith. I love doing yoga then skating.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2896 on: November 11, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
Went to a Gonz art show but he never showed, missed him at a demo last year as well so was pretty bummed on that. Here's some photos I took

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:35:43 AM by Grubby Mits »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2897 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
Yesterday was a great day. I worked at the Yoga center, went to a lecture on the Bhagavad Gita, and participated in Kirtan. I was flying with some deep energy and focus. So before Kirtan I went to skate, because I'd bought a new sled and my first pair of skate shoes in a long time (I'd been broke and skating old running shoes for a year). It was a beautiful day, crisp sweater/hoody kind of weather. I rolled up to the local Uni campus to skate some new spots and there was a crew of 8 dudes skating and filming. Well, 2 were skating and the rest were lurking. No one said anything to me so I just started jamming the ledge and you know these dudes are skating well, landing some sick shit so I'm giving them props and they ignore me. I asked the group of lurkers where they were from, they ignored me for a minute the one dude answers and asks if I'm local and stares at me. I just had to laugh. That would've bummed me out a few years ago but like I said I had to laugh at their clique and just keep skating. In the hour I skated I landed everything I tried with the exception of a 2 block smith. I love doing yoga then skating.
What do running shoes feel like to skate in? I can't imagine it being enjoyable.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2898 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
Went to a Gonz art show but he never showed, missed him at a demo last year as well so was pretty bummed on that. Here's some photos I took

EDIT: Fuck sorry they are so massive, I don't have time now but i'll resize them later
dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2899 on: November 11, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
I have spent all day watching QI on youtube. Fuck.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2900 on: November 11, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »

EDIT: Fuck sorry they are so massive, I don't have time now but i'll resize them later

You should have gotten photos of some of the price tags.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2901 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u

Haha same I was with a chick too she was pissed. Fuck! Where was he? I was thinking he'd probably be skating at some point - probably made an appearance at one of the parks in the city. Cool thanks man i'll do that now

Expand Quote

[close]

You should have gotten photos of some of the price tags.

It was like a couple hundred quid for that scroll i think. I was gonna get a postcard thinking they'd be like a fiver but they were ?20 so I passed. They were each individually done but i was also a bit put off because they were just done on the back of free british museum postcards  which i thought was a bit lame

man i hate skate cliques, now days i don't have a crew - i'll just skate with whoevers about, so if i roll up to a new park with one friend and everyone there is vibing i get second hand embarrassment from how ridiculous they are  ::)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:40:50 AM by Grubby Mits »

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #2902 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u
[close]

Haha same I was with a chick too she was pissed. Fuck! Where was he? I was thinking he'd probably be skating at some point - probably made an appearance at one of the parks in the city. Cool thanks man i'll do that now
in soho on like berwick street i think....  i swear that scroll was like 65 or 85, the ones with drawings/paintings on were more like 200. but yeah i was hoping for a cheap postcard too ha... they were all sold though, so people were obviously keen to pay ...

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2903 on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
 Probably, i can't remember what it was but i looked at a couple of price tags in the couple of hundreds so guessed it was the same. Really want neckface to do a show in the city, hopefully he'll actually show (looking at you Gonz!!!)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2904 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »
Probably, i can't remember what it was but i looked at a couple of price tags in the couple of hundreds so guessed it was the same. Really want neckface to do a show in the city, hopefully he'll actually show (looking at you Gonz!!!)
why?

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2905 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What do running shoes feel like to skate in? I can't imagine it being enjoyable.

I was skating in old classic new balance running shoes. they're really flat and have no grip. I'm really digging the Emerica Flicks though, holy shit. I get stuck in my ways and all I've skated for years are Vans. These shoes with memory foam are awesome!

and yeah, cliques are weak. All of my homies from back when either don't skate and those who do, even though I like skating with them, are into heroin. Even if they're sober I've got to worry about some shit going down and I just don't like to be around that anymore. It's all about skating!

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2906 on: November 12, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
why?

Been a fan of his art ever since I first saw it years ago, why else would I want to see an artists show?

Harem

« Reply #2907 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:01 AM »
RE: Gonz -

I've posted this before, but I love talking about it at any chance  ;D

All I did was ask him to sign my note pad (which I always keep in my bag), dude ended up drawing that for me. So psyched. I'd imagine something like this at his galleries would go for quite a bit.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2908 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »
Going back and looking at some of my first posts back in 2006. Stoked on seeing what I was doing six years ago, not stoked on how I was talking... yikes

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2909 on: November 13, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »
Going back and looking at some of my first posts back in 2006. Stoked on seeing what I was doing six years ago, not stoked on how I was talking... yikes

Haha, dangerous game.