Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 379062 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #2940 on: November 11, 2012, 04:47:42 PM »
Yesterday was a great day. I worked at the Yoga center, went to a lecture on the Bhagavad Gita, and participated in Kirtan. I was flying with some deep energy and focus. So before Kirtan I went to skate, because I'd bought a new sled and my first pair of skate shoes in a long time (I'd been broke and skating old running shoes for a year). It was a beautiful day, crisp sweater/hoody kind of weather. I rolled up to the local Uni campus to skate some new spots and there was a crew of 8 dudes skating and filming. Well, 2 were skating and the rest were lurking. No one said anything to me so I just started jamming the ledge and you know these dudes are skating well, landing some sick shit so I'm giving them props and they ignore me. I asked the group of lurkers where they were from, they ignored me for a minute the one dude answers and asks if I'm local and stares at me. I just had to laugh. That would've bummed me out a few years ago but like I said I had to laugh at their clique and just keep skating. In the hour I skated I landed everything I tried with the exception of a 2 block smith. I love doing yoga then skating.
What do running shoes feel like to skate in? I can't imagine it being enjoyable.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 413
« Reply #2941 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
Went to a Gonz art show but he never showed, missed him at a demo last year as well so was pretty bummed on that. Here's some photos I took

EDIT: Fuck sorry they are so massive, I don't have time now but i'll resize them later
dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2942 on: November 11, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
I have spent all day watching QI on youtube. Fuck.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2943 on: November 11, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
Went to a Gonz art show but he never showed, missed him at a demo last year as well so was pretty bummed on that. Here's some photos I took

EDIT: Fuck sorry they are so massive, I don't have time now but i'll resize them later

You should have gotten photos of some of the price tags.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #2944 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:13 AM »

dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u

Haha same I was with a chick too she was pissed. Fuck! Where was he? I was thinking he'd probably be skating at some point - probably made an appearance at one of the parks in the city. Cool thanks man i'll do that now

You should have gotten photos of some of the price tags.

It was like a couple hundred quid for that scroll i think. I was gonna get a postcard thinking they'd be like a fiver but they were ?20 so I passed. They were each individually done but i was also a bit put off because they were just done on the back of free british museum postcards  which i thought was a bit lame

Yesterday was a great day. I worked at the Yoga center, went to a lecture on the Bhagavad Gita, and participated in Kirtan. I was flying with some deep energy and focus. So before Kirtan I went to skate, because I'd bought a new sled and my first pair of skate shoes in a long time (I'd been broke and skating old running shoes for a year). It was a beautiful day, crisp sweater/hoody kind of weather. I rolled up to the local Uni campus to skate some new spots and there was a crew of 8 dudes skating and filming. Well, 2 were skating and the rest were lurking. No one said anything to me so I just started jamming the ledge and you know these dudes are skating well, landing some sick shit so I'm giving them props and they ignore me. I asked the group of lurkers where they were from, they ignored me for a minute the one dude answers and asks if I'm local and stares at me. I just had to laugh. That would've bummed me out a few years ago but like I said I had to laugh at their clique and just keep skating. In the hour I skated I landed everything I tried with the exception of a 2 block smith. I love doing yoga then skating.

man i hate skate cliques, now days i don't have a crew - i'll just skate with whoevers about, so if i roll up to a new park with one friend and everyone there is vibing i get second hand embarrassment from how ridiculous they are  ::)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:40:50 AM by Grubby Mits »

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 413
« Reply #2945 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »

dude i was there too, ha.. shame gonz didnt show but his stuff was pretty rad i thought. this chick i was with was super bummed he didnt  appear, she <3s him... but i can gloat to u as i did to her that i bumped into him buying art materials (presumably for this show) last week so shit dont matter to me   8)

p.s a tip for photos, u can write the dimensions u want them to be displayed in: e.g. [ img height=600]   [/img]  and the forum will magically resize for u

Haha same I was with a chick too she was pissed. Fuck! Where was he? I was thinking he'd probably be skating at some point - probably made an appearance at one of the parks in the city. Cool thanks man i'll do that now
in soho on like berwick street i think....  i swear that scroll was like 65 or 85, the ones with drawings/paintings on were more like 200. but yeah i was hoping for a cheap postcard too ha... they were all sold though, so people were obviously keen to pay ...

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2946 on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
 Probably, i can't remember what it was but i looked at a couple of price tags in the couple of hundreds so guessed it was the same. Really want neckface to do a show in the city, hopefully he'll actually show (looking at you Gonz!!!)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #2947 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »
Probably, i can't remember what it was but i looked at a couple of price tags in the couple of hundreds so guessed it was the same. Really want neckface to do a show in the city, hopefully he'll actually show (looking at you Gonz!!!)
why?

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2948 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »
What do running shoes feel like to skate in? I can't imagine it being enjoyable.

I was skating in old classic new balance running shoes. they're really flat and have no grip. I'm really digging the Emerica Flicks though, holy shit. I get stuck in my ways and all I've skated for years are Vans. These shoes with memory foam are awesome!

and yeah, cliques are weak. All of my homies from back when either don't skate and those who do, even though I like skating with them, are into heroin. Even if they're sober I've got to worry about some shit going down and I just don't like to be around that anymore. It's all about skating!

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2949 on: November 12, 2012, 02:01:18 PM »
why?

Been a fan of his art ever since I first saw it years ago, why else would I want to see an artists show?

Harem

« Reply #2950 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:01 AM »
RE: Gonz -

I've posted this before, but I love talking about it at any chance  ;D

All I did was ask him to sign my note pad (which I always keep in my bag), dude ended up drawing that for me. So psyched. I'd imagine something like this at his galleries would go for quite a bit.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2951 on: November 13, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »
Going back and looking at some of my first posts back in 2006. Stoked on seeing what I was doing six years ago, not stoked on how I was talking... yikes

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • definitely.
« Reply #2952 on: November 13, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »
Going back and looking at some of my first posts back in 2006. Stoked on seeing what I was doing six years ago, not stoked on how I was talking... yikes

Haha, dangerous game.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2953 on: November 14, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »

not so long ago i looked at an email account from 2003. i hear ya on that one.

I've been posting here, under various names, since I 2001-02. it's disgusting how cool I thought I was as a kid.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com
« Reply #2954 on: November 18, 2012, 02:12:23 AM »
watching old x-files right now and the opening scene is 2 good looking people having sex. not stoked is that the woman kills the man just to turn into man. this is real nightmare.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2955 on: November 18, 2012, 02:30:42 AM »
slipped up and read guy mariano's last trick in another thread. and it wasn't the spoilers thread cause i'm avoiding that shit like the plague. DAMN YOU COMMERCIAL D!!!!!!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #2956 on: November 18, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
femen activists crashing a catholic extremists march against homosexual marriage end up getting beaten?yup.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -285
« Reply #2957 on: November 18, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »
what part of that are you stoked on?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #2958 on: November 18, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
naked nuns with fuck god tags on their breast spraying ultra catholic morons with "holy sperm" foam.

kmdoom

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2959 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

stoked that bobby is presumably getting hooked up by nike, not stoked that he is presumably getting hooked up by nike

also, i finished to this picture before i saw his smug look that lucky duck

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #2960 on: November 18, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »

but bummed that the polar that I pretty much just set up was way too flat for me...back to the wall

Greg Ostertag

• Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
« Reply #2961 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »
Been off the booze for about a week and I feel pretty good, but........
Cold Ghengis

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #2962 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
RE: Gonz -

I've posted this before, but I love talking about it at any chance  ;D

All I did was ask him to sign my note pad (which I always keep in my bag), dude ended up drawing that for me. So psyched. I'd imagine something like this at his galleries would go for quite a bit.

you know what, it probably would. looking at his art above , i feel i could take a shit in my housemates bed photograph it and say here this could be worth a couple of hundred bucks

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2963 on: November 19, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »
I always used to day dream about sneaking into some progressive modern art show and taking a dump on the floor when no ones around with some wire around it and a little plaque, then sitting back and listening to how it speaks to the audience about our western consumer society or about how we treat the earth etc

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2964 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »
I sent berra an email about joining scientology and being pressured into it to try and bait him into sending me something that would make me laugh.  He sends back 2 huge paragraphs with reasonable advice....it wasn't very funny

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #2965 on: November 19, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »
I sent berra an email about joining scientology and being pressured into it to try and bait him into sending me something that would make me laugh.  He sends back 2 huge paragraphs with reasonable advice....it wasn't very funny

why aren't you sharing this

Soul Doubt

• Rep: -10
  • DAYUUUM
« Reply #2966 on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »

why aren't you sharing this

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65216
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2967 on: November 20, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
I had jury duty last week, and got selected for a jury which is eating up chunks of my time this week and next. Kind of a hassle, but minor. The good side of this is that I am basically getting paid overtime for my jury hours since I'm cramming in my regular 40 hours in wherever I have to these weeks. Also, maybe its just an NY thing, but there was a lot of hot jury duty trim to converse with while waiting. Its a shame that Justice is blind.

Harem

« Reply #2968 on: November 21, 2012, 04:21:20 AM »
That fucking ass.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #2969 on: November 24, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
Come home for the thanksgiving weekend and watch the Ohio State/Michigan game.

Having my dad bitch about me never playing football, never cared Pops.