Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709394 times)

Binomial Nomenclature

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3000 on: January 29, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Just started flossing my teeth regularly.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #3001 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
lol, NFL.com story about my old high school producing a disproportionate number of NFL players:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000132016/The-Bayou-Effect

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #3002 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »

"

It?s taboo to admit that you?re lonely. You can make jokes about it, of course. You can tell people that you spend most of your time with Netflix or that you haven?t left the house today and you might not even go outside tomorrow. Ha ha, funny. But rarely do you ever tell people about the true depths of your loneliness, about how you feel more and more alienated from your friends each passing day and you?re not sure how to fix it. It seems like everyone is just better at living than you are.

A part of you knew this was going to happen. Growing up, you just had this feeling that you wouldn?t transition well to adult life, that you?d fall right through the cracks. And look at you now. La di da, it?s happening.

Your mother, your father, your grandparents: they all look at you like you?re some prized jewel and they tell you over and over again just how lucky you are to be young and have your whole life ahead of you. ?Getting old ain?t for sissies,? your father tells you wearily.

You wish they?d stop saying these things to you because all it does is fill you with guilt and panic. All it does is remind you of how much you?re not taking advantage of your youth.

You want to kiss all kinds of different people, you want to wake up in a stranger?s bed maybe once or twice just to see if it feels good to feel nothing, you want to have a group of friends that feels like a tribe, a bonafide family. You want to go from one place to the next constantly and have your weekends feel like one long epic day. You want to dance to stupid music in your stupid room and have a nice job that doesn?t get in the way of living your life too much. You want to be less scared, less anxious, and more willing. Because if you?re closed off now, you can only imagine what you?ll be like later.

Every day you vow to change some aspect of your life and every day you fail. At this point, you?re starting to question your own power as a human being. As of right now, your fears have you beat. They?re the ones that are holding your twenties hostage.

Stop thinking that everyone is having more sex than you, that everyone has more friends than you, that everyone out is having more fun than you. Not because it?s not true (it might be!) but because that kind of thinking leaves you frozen. You?ve already spent enough time feeling like you?re stuck, like you?re watching your life fall through you like a fast dissolve and you?re unable to hold on to anything.

I don?t know if you ever get better. I don?t know if a person can just wake up one day and decide to be an active participant in their life. I?d like to think so. I?d like to think that people get better each and every day but that?s not really true. People get worse and it?s their stories that end up getting forgotten because we can?t stand an unhappy ending. The sick have to get better. Our normalcy depends upon it.

You have to value yourself. You have to want great things for your life. This sort of shit doesn?t happen overnight but it can and will happen if you want it.

Do you want it bad enough? Does the fear of being filled with regret in your thirties trump your fear of living today?

We shall see.
"

-You?re Not Making The Most Of Your 20s by Ryan O?Connell

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #3003 on: January 31, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
Went out with this girl last night. Really cute, pretty dumb.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #3004 on: February 01, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »
stoked I had a fun night drinking with my coworkers at the bar at my restaurant but stuck at a mcddonalds for the next few hours waiting for a train to take me back to jersey. only to go back to work in like 12 hours. fuckk

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #3005 on: February 04, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »
got way to drunk last night, slept through three different alarms..fuck

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3006 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »
Planning on continuing going to school in the summer. I don't intend to work (usually I work during the summers).

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #3007 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »

DBrown901

« Reply #3008 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Started filming for an actual part this past Friday.
Broke my ankle the following day.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3009 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
Not stoked on insomnia. 9 hours of sleep total in the past three days.
On the plus side I have been getting some pretty cool minor sleep deprivation induced hallucinations though. Earlier when I was taking a morning walk I could've swore I saw in the corner of my eye a midget in a red jumpsuit wearing a Devo hat. When I took a second glance it turned out to be a red fire hydrant.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #3010 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
got locked out and had to shoulder check through my backdoor really late last night. was fun, but fixing it is kinda annoying

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #3011 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »
u da man zerg!
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3012 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
On the plus side I have been getting some pretty cool minor sleep deprivation induced hallucinations though. Earlier when I was taking a morning walk I could've swore I saw in the corner of my eye a midget in a red jumpsuit wearing a Devo hat. When I took a second glance it turned out to be a red fire hydrant.

Damn, me too. I think it's a combination of insomnia and S.A.D. cause it always flares up in the winter for me. Never had some crazy hallucinations like that though! Holy shit that sounds borderline dangerous. I get mild things, like the sky looks static-y in my peripheral vision, but not when I actually look at it. Even had some odd oscillations and slight changes loosely similar to an LSD come-up, but never in my life have I seen a midget in a red jumpsuit where there wasn't one. Sounds like a nightmare though!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #3013 on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, me too. I think it's a combination of insomnia and S.A.D. cause it always flares up in the winter for me. Never had some crazy hallucinations like that though! Holy shit that sounds borderline dangerous. I get mild things, like the sky looks static-y in my peripheral vision, but not when I actually look at it. Even had some odd oscillations and slight changes loosely similar to an LSD come-up, but never in my life have I seen a midget in a red jumpsuit where there wasn't one. Sounds like a nightmare though!
Or an R. Kelly "opera".

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #3014 on: February 19, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
new shoes, rolled ankle in first session

Clive Burr

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3015 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
... hot pockets..

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #3016 on: February 23, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #3017 on: February 23, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
Not really stoked that I had to drive an hour an a half (and back) to drop off some stuff at my ex's place

Stoked that I didn't have to talk to her (she didn't even have the decency to come downstairs and say hi  ::))
but I got my PS3 back and hung out with her sister instead.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #3018 on: February 25, 2013, 01:42:07 AM »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3019 on: February 25, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
Dropped off an application and got an interview right away that seemed like it went decent.

If I get the job its a little far away and ill be a 25 year old working at a co op.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #3020 on: February 25, 2013, 11:49:48 PM »
... hot pockets..
honestly...

stoked that classes are cancelled tomorrow due to a snow day... not stoked on the fact that I'll probably do twice as much homework tomorrow than I usually would.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3021 on: March 01, 2013, 11:10:30 PM »
I've got a pretty low tolerance for alcohol. Decided to drink some of this gin that's been sitting in my kitchen for weeks now, I pour myself maybe two fingers worth and I'm already feeling pretty silly.

nylin

« Reply #3022 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:41 AM »
Being hurt but it's getting me even more stoked to be able to skate again soon.

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3023 on: March 02, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
so on friday my calculus class was canceled due to a bomb threat

stoked on no calc hmwk but not stoked on bomb threats

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #3024 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:06 AM »
Stoked on reconciling with my ex girlfriend. I mean we've talked before and what not but it was was always arkward and now it's not. But now I feel like I still have feelings for her. Not stoked on this crap I keep putting myself. MAN I NEED HELP/ADVICE!
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

A.J.K.

« Reply #3025 on: March 04, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
If you have a legit reason as to why you broke up, stop talking to her.  If you keep seeing her, you'll keep reopening the wound, so to say.  Rip the band aid off quick and move on!  In the short run it'll suck, but you'll get over her a lot quicker if you swiftly and surely end it, as opposed to drawing the whole process out by seeing here every so often.

I really like this girl and work.  We have the same interests, taste in music and all that shit.  Stoked on that, but not stoked on it being a work thing.  They give zero shits about relationships and stuff, but if I were to try and make some kind of a move, everyone will know about it.  Also, i'm awful with girls and this kind of stuff so the only plan I have is to just ask her to chill sometime.  In itself is an easy enough thing to do, but like I said I suck at stuff like this.  

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3026 on: March 05, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
Receiving some mixed signals from this chick I really like who knows I like her and is apparently into me as well. First we were cool and all and then she blocked me on Instagram. I was going to confront her about it today but we ended up having a nice conversation and she acted as if nothing happened. I thought it would've been weird to bring up the Instagram thing while having a good conversation so I just acted as if it didn't happen too. I also thought it was weird that she was the one who initiated the conversation with me. We even made half assed plans to smoke together. So basically I'm not stoked on the mixed signals but I'm stoked to be talking to her again. I'm a sucker for any chick who likes the same music as me especially since she is the only girl I know who does.

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3027 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:08 AM »

I really like this girl and work.  We have the same interests, taste in music and all that shit.  Stoked on that, but not stoked on it being a work thing.  They give zero shits about relationships and stuff, but if I were to try and make some kind of a move, everyone will know about it.  Also, i'm awful with girls and this kind of stuff so the only plan I have is to just ask her to chill sometime.  In itself is an easy enough thing to do, but like I said I suck at stuff like this.  
Speaking from experience - don't do it.  Unless you don't plan on staying at the same workplace for more than a year.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #3028 on: March 06, 2013, 06:28:27 AM »
Nick Mullins - Day Video

damn those were some half assed pushes.

Stoked on having two jobs that I really enjoy, not stoked on only having 8 dollars in my name in my pocket

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #3029 on: March 07, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
received yesterday an unexpected notice of direct deposit from financial aid

it was only $35 bucks

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.