Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380514 times)

_aminal

• Rep: -9
  • win some, lose most.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3030 on: January 16, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
being on unemployment

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #3031 on: January 20, 2013, 06:51:33 AM »
Stoked: Had a fun mellow skate sesh today with fellow slap pal Ontheswarm at the local park, along with a few other homies who were there as well. Then afterwards I met up with a friend at his pad to have a few drinks and to shoot the shit.

Not stoked: One of my homies at the park busted out the camera and we were all trying to get clips, and when I finally landed the trick I was trying the camera decides to freeze and I didn't get my trick on film.
Also, after I got done drinking at my friends house, I decided that I wanted to skate a bit more since I was feeling hyped and buzzed, so I headed to the local parking lot spot for a late night solo flatground sesh. About half way into the sesh my griptape starts to peel off super bad on the sides. I guess it was so cold out that the adhesive froze and the grip didn't want to stick to the board anymore. So now I have to go get a new sheet of grip and regrip my new board which I just got.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #3032 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
pomegranates.

goddamn, this fruit is what gods sweat must taste like but how incredibly frustrating can it be to get the tasty seeds out of those fuckers? thinking about doing it naked in the bathtub, everything else is just too much of a mess.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

Soul Doubt

• Rep: -10
  • DAYUUUM
« Reply #3033 on: January 22, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »
pomegranates.

goddamn, this fruit is what gods sweat must taste like but how incredibly frustrating can it be to get the tasty seeds out of those fuckers? thinking about doing it naked in the bathtub, everything else is just too much of a mess.

Do it in a large bowl of water. Keep it submerged and the seeds will float to the top.

slogant-shirt

« Reply #3034 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »
i had the weirdest dream, it basicly was a never seen before rattray video part from circa the late 90's. he did some crazy tricks in it like 3flip nose slide nollie heal out on a yellow 3 stair out rail thing, he also did a line with a perfect mullen impersonation double flip in a line. it was so good and so real and i'm really stoked i got to watch it/ dream it... i'm pretty bummed i can't watch it again or show anyone else though

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #3035 on: January 27, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
Some friends that don't skate bought me a grizzly grip t shirt for my birthday
Stoked that they thought of me, not stoked on repping grizzly grip  :-X

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #3036 on: January 27, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
You got a gift receipt right?

Stoked on new sheets, not stoked on how much I paid for these new sheets.

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3037 on: January 27, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »

no I did not...and I usually don't return things that people buy for me unless I REALLY don't like it
I'll probably just wear it inside out when I go skate or something, I actually like the fit haha

What's the thread count?  New sheets are the shit.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #3038 on: January 27, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #3039 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:34 PM »

no I did not...and I usually don't return things that people buy for me unless I REALLY don't like it
I'll probably just wear it inside out when I go skate or something, I actually like the fit haha

What's the thread count?  New sheets are the shit.
400...baller status.....

:-[

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3040 on: January 27, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »
that's not bad tho haha, sometimes you'll see good sheets at ross or something

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #3041 on: January 28, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
Stoked on not having class later than 1 pm, with the exception of my night class, but not so stoked on having to get up at 7 am... c'est le vie

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #3042 on: January 28, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »

Comment on that video, can't really dispute.

RegisPhilbinFan 6 months ago
If Barry Manillow were brown and did standup comedy instead of sing, he would not be Aziz Ansari.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3043 on: January 29, 2013, 07:18:12 AM »
Just started flossing my teeth regularly.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #3044 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
lol, NFL.com story about my old high school producing a disproportionate number of NFL players:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000132016/The-Bayou-Effect

The Human Condom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/
« Reply #3045 on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:28 PM »

"

It?s taboo to admit that you?re lonely. You can make jokes about it, of course. You can tell people that you spend most of your time with Netflix or that you haven?t left the house today and you might not even go outside tomorrow. Ha ha, funny. But rarely do you ever tell people about the true depths of your loneliness, about how you feel more and more alienated from your friends each passing day and you?re not sure how to fix it. It seems like everyone is just better at living than you are.

A part of you knew this was going to happen. Growing up, you just had this feeling that you wouldn?t transition well to adult life, that you?d fall right through the cracks. And look at you now. La di da, it?s happening.

Your mother, your father, your grandparents: they all look at you like you?re some prized jewel and they tell you over and over again just how lucky you are to be young and have your whole life ahead of you. ?Getting old ain?t for sissies,? your father tells you wearily.

You wish they?d stop saying these things to you because all it does is fill you with guilt and panic. All it does is remind you of how much you?re not taking advantage of your youth.

You want to kiss all kinds of different people, you want to wake up in a stranger?s bed maybe once or twice just to see if it feels good to feel nothing, you want to have a group of friends that feels like a tribe, a bonafide family. You want to go from one place to the next constantly and have your weekends feel like one long epic day. You want to dance to stupid music in your stupid room and have a nice job that doesn?t get in the way of living your life too much. You want to be less scared, less anxious, and more willing. Because if you?re closed off now, you can only imagine what you?ll be like later.

Every day you vow to change some aspect of your life and every day you fail. At this point, you?re starting to question your own power as a human being. As of right now, your fears have you beat. They?re the ones that are holding your twenties hostage.

Stop thinking that everyone is having more sex than you, that everyone has more friends than you, that everyone out is having more fun than you. Not because it?s not true (it might be!) but because that kind of thinking leaves you frozen. You?ve already spent enough time feeling like you?re stuck, like you?re watching your life fall through you like a fast dissolve and you?re unable to hold on to anything.

I don?t know if you ever get better. I don?t know if a person can just wake up one day and decide to be an active participant in their life. I?d like to think so. I?d like to think that people get better each and every day but that?s not really true. People get worse and it?s their stories that end up getting forgotten because we can?t stand an unhappy ending. The sick have to get better. Our normalcy depends upon it.

You have to value yourself. You have to want great things for your life. This sort of shit doesn?t happen overnight but it can and will happen if you want it.

Do you want it bad enough? Does the fear of being filled with regret in your thirties trump your fear of living today?

We shall see.
"

-You?re Not Making The Most Of Your 20s by Ryan O?Connell

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #3046 on: January 31, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
Went out with this girl last night. Really cute, pretty dumb.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

bust.factor

• Rep: 14
  • I'll be in a wheelchair cruisin
« Reply #3047 on: February 01, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »
stoked I had a fun night drinking with my coworkers at the bar at my restaurant but stuck at a mcddonalds for the next few hours waiting for a train to take me back to jersey. only to go back to work in like 12 hours. fuckk

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -229
  • Head kook
« Reply #3048 on: February 04, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »
got way to drunk last night, slept through three different alarms..fuck

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3049 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »
Planning on continuing going to school in the summer. I don't intend to work (usually I work during the summers).

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #3050 on: February 13, 2013, 04:22:24 PM »

DBrown901

« Reply #3051 on: February 13, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Started filming for an actual part this past Friday.
Broke my ankle the following day.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #3052 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
Not stoked on insomnia. 9 hours of sleep total in the past three days.
On the plus side I have been getting some pretty cool minor sleep deprivation induced hallucinations though. Earlier when I was taking a morning walk I could've swore I saw in the corner of my eye a midget in a red jumpsuit wearing a Devo hat. When I took a second glance it turned out to be a red fire hydrant.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 556
« Reply #3053 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
got locked out and had to shoulder check through my backdoor really late last night. was fun, but fixing it is kinda annoying

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -285
« Reply #3054 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:14 AM »
u da man zerg!
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #3055 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
On the plus side I have been getting some pretty cool minor sleep deprivation induced hallucinations though. Earlier when I was taking a morning walk I could've swore I saw in the corner of my eye a midget in a red jumpsuit wearing a Devo hat. When I took a second glance it turned out to be a red fire hydrant.

Damn, me too. I think it's a combination of insomnia and S.A.D. cause it always flares up in the winter for me. Never had some crazy hallucinations like that though! Holy shit that sounds borderline dangerous. I get mild things, like the sky looks static-y in my peripheral vision, but not when I actually look at it. Even had some odd oscillations and slight changes loosely similar to an LSD come-up, but never in my life have I seen a midget in a red jumpsuit where there wasn't one. Sounds like a nightmare though!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3056 on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

Damn, me too. I think it's a combination of insomnia and S.A.D. cause it always flares up in the winter for me. Never had some crazy hallucinations like that though! Holy shit that sounds borderline dangerous. I get mild things, like the sky looks static-y in my peripheral vision, but not when I actually look at it. Even had some odd oscillations and slight changes loosely similar to an LSD come-up, but never in my life have I seen a midget in a red jumpsuit where there wasn't one. Sounds like a nightmare though!
Or an R. Kelly "opera".

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #3057 on: February 19, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
new shoes, rolled ankle in first session

Clive Burr

« Reply #3058 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
... hot pockets..