Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709381 times)

DMH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3150 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:29 AM »
Just got back from Alabama to stay with my girlfriend for a week. It was a fucking weird/tough/ultimately positive week. She's living there now and I hadn't seen her in 6 weeks so I was pretty stoked. We went camping at a state park and did shrooms together. She'd done it before, but it was my first time. The whole experience was pretty intense and positive. I was just breathing really heavily and I felt like I could feel everything, but I was definitely still in contact with logic. We've always been super close, so it was the right situation for it. As the very lucid trip moves forward, she kind of realized that she didn't feel like it was right for her to be in a relationship, and that things between us didn't quite feel the same as they had in the past. I agreed with the latter part, but we had both been really busy in the last year and I was still psyched on her. But it came to her saying, "I'm going to say what we're both thinking and say that I don't think I can be in a relationship anymore." I wasn't really thinking that, but after talking through it, she was right for sure.

So, long story short, went to Alabama, did shrooms, broke up with my girlfriend while on shrooms, and then spent 5 more days together in which a lot of crying and a lot of fucking occurred.

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3151 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
its my bday so stoked on that, but i went to the park super early and this swarm of fucking scooter kids were there. also i slammed really hard on a crook, one of my go-to's.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3152 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »
Amy's baking company episode on Kitchen Nightmare. Why the fuck am I watching Kitchen Nightmares?

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #3153 on: July 22, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Fucked a hog when I was drunk, I didn't really want to fuck, now won't stop messaging me etc.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #3154 on: July 22, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »
breaking up with my girl but staying friends i know its for the better but damn, you know that sting you get? its still not great.

Why stay friends?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3155 on: July 22, 2013, 04:16:54 PM »
Fucked a hog when I was drunk, I didn't really want to fuck, now won't stop messaging me etc.
Butcher it and eat for a year.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3156 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
breaking up with my girl but staying friends i know its for the better but damn, you know that sting you get? its still not great.
[close]

Why stay friends?

Yeah that's a real rookie move. You're just agreeing to be miserable longer.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #3157 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Butcher it and eat for a year.

top lel anon, but this one doesn't even look good enough to eat.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #3158 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why stay friends?
[close]

Mostly it's a way for a person to get out of breaking up guilt free.  If you decided to break up, don't bitch out. If she is breaking up with you,  let her feel that guilt/pain. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3159 on: July 22, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Why stay friends?
[close]

[close]

Mostly it's a way for a person to get out of breaking up guilt free.?  If you decided to break up, don't bitch out. If she is breaking up with you,?  let her feel that guilt/pain.? 

It's a way for the break-er to feel less shitty, and a way for the break-ee to keep running on false hope.

Don't negotiate with emotional terrorists. Don't be friends.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3160 on: July 23, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Some of my gf's family is staying with me for the week... she's on the other side of the planet. That's me, her father, and her youngest sister in an apartment in NYC, for a week.

On the up though, he's been taking me out to eat for every meal, gettin that top shelf Japanese food always makes me happy.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #3161 on: July 23, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »
Just got back from Alabama to stay with my girlfriend for a week. It was a fucking weird/tough/ultimately positive week. She's living there now and I hadn't seen her in 6 weeks so I was pretty stoked. We went camping at a state park and did shrooms together. She'd done it before, but it was my first time. The whole experience was pretty intense and positive. I was just breathing really heavily and I felt like I could feel everything, but I was definitely still in contact with logic. We've always been super close, so it was the right situation for it. As the very lucid trip moves forward, she kind of realized that she didn't feel like it was right for her to be in a relationship, and that things between us didn't quite feel the same as they had in the past. I agreed with the latter part, but we had both been really busy in the last year and I was still psyched on her. But it came to her saying, "I'm going to say what we're both thinking and say that I don't think I can be in a relationship anymore." I wasn't really thinking that, but after talking through it, she was right for sure.

So, long story short, went to Alabama, did shrooms, broke up with my girlfriend while on shrooms, and then spent 5 more days together in which a lot of crying and a lot of fucking occurred.

fucking stupid, breaking up with someone while they are coming up on mushrooms? thats potentially dangerous, could get really fucked up.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

foureyedjim

« Reply #3162 on: July 23, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »
Moving into a new house for the next year.  It's a nice place, and it's pretty cheap rent (for this city).
Room is also gonna be bigger/less hot this time around, can't wait to have everything settled in eventually

Not really stoked on having to move my stuff three times within a month's time frame:
First moving into an empty living room until the guy taking the master bedroom leaves the 1st, then moving all my stuff from the master to the single once September comes around.  I hate moving stuff  :-\

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #3163 on: July 23, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »
So I moved here to Guangzhou, China this past May. Super stoked that I am able to live outside the US and make a living in a cool place with dope people, culture, language, weed, food and of course the skate spots. So stoked on that. What I am not stoked on is the fucking rain! There is basically no dry season here!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #3164 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:52 AM »
Went to the Ashes Test at Lord's in London over the weekend. Stoked to soak up the atmosphere at the Home of Cricket and drink cold pints in the old pavilion on a 30 degree day. Not stoked on Australia's performance  >:(

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #3165 on: July 24, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
I went to my counselor today to talk about some classes I should take and gave me a 3rd chance to take the math class I need. But then he gave me shock of how much more work I need to graduate.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #3166 on: July 30, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »
I'm moving to Toronto in a few weeks. I have a place to stay and it's not too expensive, but I'm insanely scared that I won't be able to find work.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3167 on: July 30, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
Breaking Bad is taking over my life.

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #3168 on: July 30, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
when do the new episodes start?

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #3169 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
Nyjah Huston.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3170 on: July 31, 2013, 07:32:06 AM »
when do the new episodes start?
August 11th. I don't think I've ever been this hyped on a t.v. show.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #3171 on: August 08, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »
Breaking in new trucks yesterday:

Stoked they already turn awesome, without that annoying break-in period where they lean to one side constantly.

Not stoked how shitty they grind compared to my old trucks. Slappies just don't feel right. Gonna have to slappy everything in sight till they feel better...

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3172 on: August 08, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
not stoked that my tire was flat this morning and i have to pay for a new one.

stoked that its going to take the dealer until 3pm to get my tire in stock and on my car so i got to work from home today. got to drink beer at lunch and have sex with my girlfriend while on the clock. best day of work ever!

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #3173 on: August 08, 2013, 12:11:34 PM »
-ate pizza twice yesterday....then puked it up. then ate pizza again this morning.

-start my super cool classes next wednesday. but i gotta take bart and bart unions are probably going to strike.....again. so i probably gotta bus it, which will suck so hard.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3174 on: August 08, 2013, 08:32:09 PM »
Had to clean my bearings. I'm a glutton for punishment when it's being dealt, so I did both boards. Ended up ripping off a good chunk of my palm prying 16 of those fuckers out. But, now I have flush bearings again!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #3175 on: August 08, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
So I moved here to Guangzhou, China this past May. Super stoked that I am able to live outside the US and make a living in a cool place with dope people, culture, language, weed, food and of course the skate spots. So stoked on that. What I am not stoked on is the fucking rain! There is basically no dry season here!

I lived there 1998-2000 and had a blast. Great spots, great locals to skate with. I remember the rainy season for sure and intense rain but it's not all year at all. Overall I thought the weather was good.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #3176 on: August 08, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
not stoked that my tire was flat this morning and i have to pay for a new one.

stoked that its going to take the dealer until 3pm to get my tire in stock and on my car so i got to work from home today. got to drink beer at lunch and have sex with my girlfriend while on the clock. best day of work ever!

Haha, that's fucking awesome!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3177 on: August 10, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Fresh outta high school and got a job at some fast food place to save money for college next January. Not stoked my Mom was putting me down about it saying that this is the kind of job for people who are 16 or 17 and how when she was 18 she worked for a professional photography studio or some shit(she works at a grocery store now). I know what she's saying is ignorant as shit but it's still frustrating considering the fact she's been on me about getting a job for a long ass time and when I finally get one I'm still not doing good enough to her.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3178 on: August 16, 2013, 05:29:31 AM »
Skate dad at the park this morning. At first I thought it was pretty rad that a young kid gets to skate with his dad, but then the dad pulled out the two different cameras and was filming his son pretty much from 5 minutes after they got there all the way until I left. Jesus, kid needs to just skate, not film every damn second he's rolling.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3179 on: August 16, 2013, 08:05:52 PM »
I got a girlfriend. Amazing, right? Major stokage! Too bad it was just a dream. Unstoked. It's alright though. I can use the girl in my dream as fodder for my fantasies. Also, I now have a dream that I hope I can get back into every time I go to sleep.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?