Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709320 times)

twitchflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3390 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:13 AM »
really hyped on this girl I've been seeing lately but she travels around the country for work so I can only see her once every couple of weeks. not sure why I posted this, just felt like telling somebody

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #3391 on: April 23, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »
Fuuuuuck I feel like I'm always posting in here about girls, even though they like don't really rule my life. Whatever. Anyway, I think it might have been earlier in this thread I mentioned something about very briefly meeting this girl who seems pretty cool and I sometimes see her around. Well, yesterday I actually met her for real, we introduced ourselves, and we were talking, had her laughing at some things, you know. She kinda peaced out without me getting to ask if she wanted to hang out or anything so I added her on facebook and just did on there, gave her my number and told her to just let me know if she ever wants to hang out. So all that stuff is pretty awesome and I got it that far, but now it's basically completely out of my hands to do anything about it and I absolutely hate how that feels. I'm not trying to be super assertive and weird either. The whole situation doesn't seem to promising to say the least, but maybe I should have some more faith.

I mean this in the nicest possible way man but this course of action will never ever ever work and without some serious game changing strategy shifts you might as well move on.  You tell her when you're going to be doing something fun and suggest that she accompany you to said activity.  Make sure you have the specifics down, pool and drinks thursday night for instance.  Never just give a chick your number and say hit me up when you feel like it, women do want to be chased and they have plenty of guys who are willing to do so.  You can be assertive  and stuff without being weird, just be polite and confident.  You have to believe in yourself dude.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Shredsledder

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3393 on: April 24, 2014, 06:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuuuuuck I feel like I'm always posting in here about girls, even though they like don't really rule my life. Whatever. Anyway, I think it might have been earlier in this thread I mentioned something about very briefly meeting this girl who seems pretty cool and I sometimes see her around. Well, yesterday I actually met her for real, we introduced ourselves, and we were talking, had her laughing at some things, you know. She kinda peaced out without me getting to ask if she wanted to hang out or anything so I added her on facebook and just did on there, gave her my number and told her to just let me know if she ever wants to hang out. So all that stuff is pretty awesome and I got it that far, but now it's basically completely out of my hands to do anything about it and I absolutely hate how that feels. I'm not trying to be super assertive and weird either. The whole situation doesn't seem to promising to say the least, but maybe I should have some more faith.
[close]

I mean this in the nicest possible way man but this course of action will never ever ever work and without some serious game changing strategy shifts you might as well move on.  You tell her when you're going to be doing something fun and suggest that she accompany you to said activity.  Make sure you have the specifics down, pool and drinks thursday night for instance.  Never just give a chick your number and say hit me up when you feel like it, women do want to be chased and they have plenty of guys who are willing to do so.  You can be assertive  and stuff without being weird, just be polite and confident.  You have to believe in yourself dude.

truth right here. you have to make her feel wanted. make your moves and dont think about it too much.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3394 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

truth right here. you have to make her feel wanted. make your moves and dont think about it too much.

I guess I meant women want to feel wanted.  Bottom line is don't stress on one, there's literally millions of them out there.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3395 on: April 29, 2014, 04:47:08 AM »
truck fell off but i hilariously caught it on camera

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3396 on: April 29, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
stoked i had a good skateday, filmed a clip, and had a good night in the city..not stoked that when i transferred trains i was outside the station and some dude tackled me to the ground and pinnned me there for 5 mins til the cops came, questioned me a bit then made me go home by a taxi that cost $73. but, stoked when i woke up today that there was $140 bux extra on my floor..weird
[close]

what made him decide to tackle you and hold you there for 5 minutes?
[close]

i can't remember...that's what kinda worries me..the cops didnt take me in so it makes think i didnt do shit..i coulda bumped his shoulder or something on accident..

^stoked on your not seeming to sweat the details at all.

Also stoked I had a dream where my friend didn't kill himself but just faked it because he had people looking to kill him. Not stoked it was just a dream.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3397 on: April 29, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »
I want to be adored.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3398 on: April 29, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »
I want to be adored.

wish granted  ;)

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3399 on: April 29, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »
Whenever I throw a beer cap into my garbage can it bounces back out.  Is it haunted?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3400 on: April 29, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3401 on: April 29, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
Living in LA is pretty rad but not having a car is limiting to say the least.

shark tits

« Reply #3402 on: April 29, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
i usedta stay in east LA, and i'd skate downtown or neighborhood spots. it was pretty rad although hollywood seemed a long ways off and venice was a long drive in someone else's car. sprawl sucks but those giant curbs and smooth roads almost make up for it.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3403 on: April 29, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i usedta stay in east LA, and i'd skate downtown or neighborhood spots. it was pretty rad although hollywood seemed a long ways off and venice was a long drive in someone else's car. sprawl sucks but those giant curbs and smooth roads almost make up for it.

I'm actually lucky enough to be in west LA, like a mile away from Stoner and like a 45 minute bus ride from downtown.  It's more just lame in regards to getting jobs and nightlife

jam bra

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3404 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:37 PM »
I've submitted resumes to a few places. Really need a new job.
Stoked I finally got the confidence to put myself out there.
Not stoked on the responses I've gotten so far.

I'm a very capable person. Bummed it's so difficult to get someone to give me a chance.

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #3405 on: May 01, 2014, 08:13:16 AM »
girlfriend left me.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3406 on: May 01, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
Expand Quote
truck fell off but i hilariously caught it on camera

[close]
here's the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J44MrS1sWuc&feature=youtu.be
How did your truck fall off Rusty? Another of your crazy experiments?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #3407 on: May 01, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »
Dropped out of college.

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #3408 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
Dropped out of college.

that may have been, financially the best decision you will ever make in your life ever. a decade or two ago, the gold standard for getting a job was a B.A........now it's a grad school degree.......fuck everything that ever will hapen. sorry way too drunk of chanpain amd ,y girlfriend  or for that mattwrr my ex gifrlfirend left me so im drinking chamimpain because now all i have to do is go to wokr and make rent now..i guess ill start doing drugs agiain and skate moar and wokr on my motrsickles forevers. . fuck uyou.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3409 on: May 04, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
My boss "forgot" to pay me two weeks ago, so i got too have a go at him about his laziness and get double pay this week. Not stoked on this cold though, kicked my ass all weekend.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3410 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »
Dropped out of college.
Damn, this is pretty gnarly. I totally get it though and don't blame you. I'm finishing my undergrad after this summer and getting my BBA finance with absolutely no job prospects. I don't even like this shit. At a complete loss as to where to go now, I don't want to go back to stocking shelves at the grocery store.

Feel almost physically sick to my stomach with self loathing and I've been generally depressed for a number of years now.

I'm going to try to treat this shit. Start running again, go back to the gym because I'm a fucking soft piece of shit.

A.J.K.

« Reply #3411 on: May 06, 2014, 05:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Dropped out of college.
[close]
Damn, this is pretty gnarly. I totally get it though and don't blame you. I'm finishing my undergrad after this summer and getting my BBA finance with absolutely no job prospects. I don't even like this shit. At a complete loss as to where to go now, I don't want to go back to stocking shelves at the grocery store.

Feel almost physically sick to my stomach with self loathing and I've been generally depressed for a number of years now.

I'm going to try to treat this shit. Start running again, go back to the gym because I'm a fucking soft piece of shit.

Go for it man.  The last two years have been awful for me, but the past few months i've been making a substantial effort to eat way better and exercise regularly.  It's made a big difference, at least for me.

foureyedjim

« Reply #3412 on: May 06, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »
I found a better size (8.25) for fliptricks but I still can't for the life of me kickflip up a euro gap.  The board sticks to my back foot upside down every time.

shark tits

« Reply #3413 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »
I found a better size (8.25) for fliptricks but I still can't for the life of me kickflip up a euro gap.  The board sticks to my back foot upside down every time.
kick it harder like it's a dog that's biting you and then land on the dog's prone form knocking it's wind out. that's what i picture every time i do kickflips anyways.

foureyedjim

« Reply #3414 on: May 06, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
kick it harder like it's a dog that's biting you and then land on the dog's prone form knocking it's wind out. that's what i picture every time i do kickflips anyways.
I love dogs so I'll just imagine it's a cat (jk)

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3415 on: May 07, 2014, 09:17:48 PM »

Shredsledder

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #3417 on: May 08, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »
Pulling hairs from my nutsack.

Life.

dillanharp

« Reply #3418 on: May 09, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #3419 on: May 10, 2014, 02:40:26 AM »
for the third consecutive year, i'll be missing mexican mother's day away from home since i'm studying for finals
mom passed away long ago, we take her flowers on days like these and being alone today far from home sucks.
to add insult to injury, it is also my deceased best friends' bday
bumming

but kinda stoked i graduate from college this friday and i shall not spent another holiday away
i know it's yet another stupid marketing day, but it's a pretty big deal for mexicans to celebrate your mom

happy mother's day to fellow slap pals mothers
don't take them for granted

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.