Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 381789 times)

shark tits

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3600 on: July 24, 2014, 10:18:57 AM »
thanks jb, i squatted there for a summer. started in cass corridor and moved to a vacant brick building we called 'the Y' on larned and jefferson. it's since been burned. i love all the old architecture, i really wanted to adversely possess one of those old brick homes and rehab it but i spent most of my time skating griswold plaza [you guys call it something else] or copping blows. had a blast skating there and trespassing, some nice skaters out there.

Frank

• Rep: 51
« Reply #3601 on: July 28, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
bought static IV and was psyched, went home and realized i currently don't have a dvd drive to watch it on...

shark tits

« Reply #3602 on: July 31, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
my piece of shit brother called the cops on me [again] but the cops agreed he was mentally ill and recommended to my mother 'section 35 dat nigger and i'll personally collect him tomorrow, dump him at the psych ward and return your axe.'
i didn't go to jail and this jerk won't be terrorizing my mother forcing me to abort skate missions for a little while.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3603 on: August 01, 2014, 09:11:38 AM »
Not stoked - Realized that I was actually 2 credits short of graduating college and getting my degree. I'm quickly running out of money and need to find an internship or a job.

Stoked - I guess I'll have a free semester to look for said internship and/or job? The internship would go well in covering those 2 missing credits that I need.

Fuck.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #3604 on: August 01, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
Warren Dunes State Park in Michigan.

Sun burnt feet, one of my least favorite things.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3605 on: August 01, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »
Got some gross rash on my arm that looks like a bunch of whiteheads. I have no idea what it is or where it came from.

Went skating instead of going to the doctors though and landed more tricks than I missed, so I was stoked on that. Probably will have to go if it doesn't clear up by tomorrow. I fucking hate going to the doctor.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3606 on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
I recently debated with a friend on whether or not our technological advances have been spurred by extraterrestrials. The idea that we have been visited and have somehow reverse engineered alien tech is not just baseless conspiratorial conjecture, but insulting to the scientific giants that changed the way we see our place in the world, and insulting to the entirety of the human race. I'm posting about it here because I enjoyed the conversation because most people aren't willing to have conversations like these with me, but it kind of sucked that I had to explain it to a person that I respect. I'm thinking about starting a blog and this would probably be the first subject I talk about.

nice_guy_2

• Rep: -44
« Reply #3607 on: August 17, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »
I recently debated with a friend on whether or not our technological advances have been spurred by extraterrestrials. The idea that we have been visited and have somehow reverse engineered alien tech is not just baseless conspiratorial conjecture, but insulting to the scientific giants that changed the way we see our place in the world, and insulting to the entirety of the human race. I'm posting about it here because I enjoyed the conversation because most people aren't willing to have conversations like these with me, but it kind of sucked that I had to explain it to a person that I respect. I'm thinking about starting a blog and this would probably be the first subject I talk about.

you are your friend sound really smart

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3608 on: August 18, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »
I assure you we are not.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #3609 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »

I hate the assumption that if aliens exist that they must be way more technologically advanced than we are.  I feel like in an infinitely expanding universe it's statistically impossible for us to be totally alone as a sentient species but I feel like if we got visited, we would all know.  I guess I'm both stoked and not stoked on the thought of other life.

shark tits

« Reply #3610 on: August 20, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
so this kid i grew up w/ passed away. i think today would've been his 40th birthday. he was the cool older guy i wanted to take me breaking windows and he gave me my first bag of dope but he was mostly a bully. like you've got your friends that give a shit about you and then you've got 'fast times at ridgemont high' and he was in the latter category.
he turned on me a bunch when we were little but i also remember looking out my window at midnight while he runs onto his back porch and flips over the rail to 10 foot drop and his dad is a step behind w/ a tennis racket. he smashed the rail where the kid had just been.
i'd feel bad but he took it out on us younger kids and my dad was pretty similar [no racket though].
for anyways, dude got beat up by COs on video and had a lawsuit. one of the cops was our little league umpire. it's wicked small world.
that was 20 yrs ago and i'd assumed he got his settlement and OD'd. haven't seen him since he told me at honey farms 'you're gonna get hurt' cause i didn't smuggle weed to the house of corrections where my whole street was at the time. i dodged a bullet so i wasn't gonna throw away my freedom that i didn't deserve.
kid was a lot of fun at times but scary too. once we were driving under the bridge by kenmore diner and he leans out the window and punches a bicyclist in the kidneys.
'why'd ya do that?'
'fuckin spic'.
'oh, ok' like that was a perfectly reasonable answer.
so i'm not so much stoked that he's dead that i am i outlived him. makes me feel like i accomplished something just by persisting.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3611 on: August 20, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
so this kid i grew up w/ passed away. i think today would've been his 40th birthday. he was the cool older guy i wanted to take me breaking windows and he gave me my first bag of dope but he was mostly a bully. like you've got your friends that give a shit about you and then you've got 'fast times at ridgemont high' and he was in the latter category.
he turned on me a bunch when we were little but i also remember looking out my window at midnight while he runs onto his back porch and flips over the rail to 10 foot drop and his dad is a step behind w/ a tennis racket. he smashed the rail where the kid had just been.
i'd feel bad but he took it out on us younger kids and my dad was pretty similar [no racket though].
for anyways, dude got beat up by COs on video and had a lawsuit. one of the cops was our little league umpire. it's wicked small world.
that was 20 yrs ago and i'd assumed he got his settlement and OD'd. haven't seen him since he told me at honey farms 'you're gonna get hurt' cause i didn't smuggle weed to the house of corrections where my whole street was at the time. i dodged a bullet so i wasn't gonna throw away my freedom that i didn't deserve.
kid was a lot of fun at times but scary too. once we were driving under the bridge by kenmore diner and he leans out the window and punches a bicyclist in the kidneys.
'why'd ya do that?'
'fuckin spic'.
'oh, ok' like that was a perfectly reasonable answer.
so i'm not so much stoked that he's dead that i am i outlived him. makes me feel like i accomplished something just by persisting.

How did he expect you to do that?

shark tits

« Reply #3612 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »
back then there were contact visits and you could still smoke in jail. shit happened on new yrs 96 so anyways, i'd have the weed on my person and put it in a chip bag or something and slide it across the table. i haven't visited anyone/had a visit at worcester house since the 90s so you might still be able to do it that way.
i was the one sposedta be in there not my other friend so  he was laying guilt on me/trying to strong arm me. i told em all screw off more or less which was the wrong way to handle it. guy who was innocent was a solid friend, i just resented this asshole who was in for something else. they were my next door neighbors on both sides and the innocent friend's older brother was in too.
my whole street was legit locked up.

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #3613 on: August 20, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »
Tomorrow I start my first day working in the field and I am just hella nervous about it.

shark tits

« Reply #3614 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »
Tomorrow I start my first day working in the field and I am just hella nervous about it.
i feel like we're on peewee's playhouse and you just said the secret word

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3615 on: August 20, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »

^and i'm going to go ahead and guess you imagine banging teenage girls whilst listening to that.

shark tits

« Reply #3616 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:27 PM »

^and i'm going to go ahead and guess you imagine banging teenage girls whilst listening to that.
is that what you think of me rusty james? why can't i imagine eating ass? of age ass. of the girl who's thick ass mexican thighs she doth possess.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3617 on: August 21, 2014, 04:30:06 AM »
hahahahahah 19 is of age tho dogg. don't front.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 19
  • Beef jerky time
« Reply #3618 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »

I feel. I just picked up a new job and the last few training days have been intense. I'm being thrown in on the line on Saturday and it's gonna be super busy.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3619 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »

I hate the assumption that if aliens exist that they must be way more technologically advanced than we are.  I feel like in an infinitely expanding universe it's statistically impossible for us to be totally alone as a sentient species but I feel like if we got visited, we would all know.  I guess I'm both stoked and not stoked on the thought of other life.
If they have visited then they are necessarily far more advanced than we are.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3620 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »

Uh yeah.

A.J.K.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #3621 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »

You're assuming the human skill set is directly comparable to that of other lifeforms.  Let's say humans are capable of A, B, & C and aliens are capable of D, E, & F. Just because aliens can do D, E, & F doesn't mean A, B, & C are technological skills within their grasp.  In addition to that, technological advancements of aliens are most likely incomprehensible to us, and ours to them.  Turning this into a 'who's better' argument does't make much sense.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 45
« Reply #3622 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
Stoked on the footage, but this dude might be the ultimate Darwin award candidate.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3623 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
I'm having my eldest brother pad up my resume. I'm going to apply at a bunch of temp agencies, but I need to lie about stuff to qualify for some positions. I was waiting on the whole disability thing, but that shit can take about a year to come through and I need monies now. I'm gonna have to start doing a lot more illegal shit if I don't make a move right now.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3624 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
Got a job offer but it would mean 2-5 months in the fucking boonies of Georgia

shark tits

« Reply #3625 on: August 28, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
might be interesting. i like spending time in rural areas if only to make me appreciate cities. met some really good people in small towns. might be a logistics nightmare if you're all situated in LA but i'd keep an open mind about it. congrats on making pal too. stoked for you, not stoked they'll never let me get there.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3626 on: August 28, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
might be interesting. i like spending time in rural areas if only to make me appreciate cities. met some really good people in small towns. might be a logistics nightmare if you're all situated in LA but i'd keep an open mind about it. congrats on making pal too. stoked for you, not stoked they'll never let me get there.

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot. 

What did you do to piss off the powers that be?

shark tits

« Reply #3627 on: August 28, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot. 

i thought slap was a little stale so i posted a thread asking if everyone thought all the races were equal. took a lot of flack from reagan, sleepy pancakes and so i maybe made some puns that gays or jews took umbrage to but it was all in good fun/the spirit of discovery. so that's how my name got changed to hitler tits. then i made anti military comments and HATE! is an army guy so my name went through a series of changes 'bizarro rusty berrings, hitler shits' and now this impossible to remember one i've got.
for anyways, i have posted enough since that my goofball character should have shone through but every time i get to 980 or so posts it drops back to 0. three times so far. oh well, pal just means you can add or subtract a point on someone's rep, right? i prolly can't handle that type of responsibility anyways.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3628 on: August 28, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »

i thought slap was a little stale so i posted a thread asking if everyone thought all the races were equal. took a lot of flack from reagan, sleepy pancakes and so i maybe made some puns that gays or jews took umbrage to but it was all in good fun/the spirit of discovery. so that's how my name got changed to hitler tits. then i made anti military comments and HATE! is an army guy so my name went through a series of changes 'bizarro rusty berrings, hitler shits' and now this impossible to remember one i've got.
for anyways, i have posted enough since that my goofball character should have shone through but every time i get to 980 or so posts it drops back to 0. three times so far. oh well, pal just means you can add or subtract a point on someone's rep, right? i prolly can't handle that type of responsibility anyways.

Damn dude that sucks.  Kooking is overrated anyways, better to just leave some mean words on the page.

shark tits

« Reply #3629 on: August 28, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot.�

Damn dude that sucks.� Kooking is overrated anyways, better to just leave some mean words on the page.
absolutely! i'd just as soon do away w/ points system but it's america so there's gotta be winners and loosers. i guess it is kind of funny how low the draught is, like negative 60000 or some shit. it can be constricting, i think people might taper their posts in order to keep a good standing and then ya have a bunch of boring opinions. i think nice guy 2 does a good job of being offensive w/out hurting feelings.