Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709382 times)

baroque_0bama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3570 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
Tomorrow I start my first day working in the field and I am just hella nervous about it.

I feel. I just picked up a new job and the last few training days have been intense. I'm being thrown in on the line on Saturday and it's gonna be super busy.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3571 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote
I recently debated with a friend on whether or not our technological advances have been spurred by extraterrestrials. The idea that we have been visited and have somehow reverse engineered alien tech is not just baseless conspiratorial conjecture, but insulting to the scientific giants that changed the way we see our place in the world, and insulting to the entirety of the human race. I'm posting about it here because I enjoyed the conversation because most people aren't willing to have conversations like these with me, but it kind of sucked that I had to explain it to a person that I respect. I'm thinking about starting a blog and this would probably be the first subject I talk about.
[close]

I hate the assumption that if aliens exist that they must be way more technologically advanced than we are.  I feel like in an infinitely expanding universe it's statistically impossible for us to be totally alone as a sentient species but I feel like if we got visited, we would all know.  I guess I'm both stoked and not stoked on the thought of other life.
If they have visited then they are necessarily far more advanced than we are.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #3572 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I recently debated with a friend on whether or not our technological advances have been spurred by extraterrestrials. The idea that we have been visited and have somehow reverse engineered alien tech is not just baseless conspiratorial conjecture, but insulting to the scientific giants that changed the way we see our place in the world, and insulting to the entirety of the human race. I'm posting about it here because I enjoyed the conversation because most people aren't willing to have conversations like these with me, but it kind of sucked that I had to explain it to a person that I respect. I'm thinking about starting a blog and this would probably be the first subject I talk about.
[close]

I hate the assumption that if aliens exist that they must be way more technologically advanced than we are.  I feel like in an infinitely expanding universe it's statistically impossible for us to be totally alone as a sentient species but I feel like if we got visited, we would all know.  I guess I'm both stoked and not stoked on the thought of other life.
[close]

Uh yeah.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

A.J.K.

« Reply #3573 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You're assuming the human skill set is directly comparable to that of other lifeforms.  Let's say humans are capable of A, B, & C and aliens are capable of D, E, & F. Just because aliens can do D, E, & F doesn't mean A, B, & C are technological skills within their grasp.  In addition to that, technological advancements of aliens are most likely incomprehensible to us, and ours to them.  Turning this into a 'who's better' argument does't make much sense.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3574 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
Stoked on the footage, but this dude might be the ultimate Darwin award candidate.

U.S. Soldier Survives Taliban Machine Gun Fire During Firefight

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3575 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
I'm having my eldest brother pad up my resume. I'm going to apply at a bunch of temp agencies, but I need to lie about stuff to qualify for some positions. I was waiting on the whole disability thing, but that shit can take about a year to come through and I need monies now. I'm gonna have to start doing a lot more illegal shit if I don't make a move right now.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3576 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
Got a job offer but it would mean 2-5 months in the fucking boonies of Georgia

shark tits

« Reply #3577 on: August 28, 2014, 01:30:37 PM »
might be interesting. i like spending time in rural areas if only to make me appreciate cities. met some really good people in small towns. might be a logistics nightmare if you're all situated in LA but i'd keep an open mind about it. congrats on making pal too. stoked for you, not stoked they'll never let me get there.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3578 on: August 28, 2014, 02:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
might be interesting. i like spending time in rural areas if only to make me appreciate cities. met some really good people in small towns. might be a logistics nightmare if you're all situated in LA but i'd keep an open mind about it. congrats on making pal too. stoked for you, not stoked they'll never let me get there.

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot. 

What did you do to piss off the powers that be?

shark tits

« Reply #3579 on: August 28, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot. 

i thought slap was a little stale so i posted a thread asking if everyone thought all the races were equal. took a lot of flack from reagan, sleepy pancakes and so i maybe made some puns that gays or jews took umbrage to but it was all in good fun/the spirit of discovery. so that's how my name got changed to hitler tits. then i made anti military comments and HATE! is an army guy so my name went through a series of changes 'bizarro rusty berrings, hitler shits' and now this impossible to remember one i've got.
for anyways, i have posted enough since that my goofball character should have shone through but every time i get to 980 or so posts it drops back to 0. three times so far. oh well, pal just means you can add or subtract a point on someone's rep, right? i prolly can't handle that type of responsibility anyways.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3580 on: August 28, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
i thought slap was a little stale so i posted a thread asking if everyone thought all the races were equal. took a lot of flack from reagan, sleepy pancakes and so i maybe made some puns that gays or jews took umbrage to but it was all in good fun/the spirit of discovery. so that's how my name got changed to hitler tits. then i made anti military comments and HATE! is an army guy so my name went through a series of changes 'bizarro rusty berrings, hitler shits' and now this impossible to remember one i've got.
for anyways, i have posted enough since that my goofball character should have shone through but every time i get to 980 or so posts it drops back to 0. three times so far. oh well, pal just means you can add or subtract a point on someone's rep, right? i prolly can't handle that type of responsibility anyways.

Damn dude that sucks.  Kooking is overrated anyways, better to just leave some mean words on the page.

shark tits

« Reply #3581 on: August 28, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Having only lived in cities I suppose some country living could do me some good, get a bit of life experience and whatnot.�

[close]
[close]

Damn dude that sucks.� Kooking is overrated anyways, better to just leave some mean words on the page.
absolutely! i'd just as soon do away w/ points system but it's america so there's gotta be winners and loosers. i guess it is kind of funny how low the draught is, like negative 60000 or some shit. it can be constricting, i think people might taper their posts in order to keep a good standing and then ya have a bunch of boring opinions. i think nice guy 2 does a good job of being offensive w/out hurting feelings.

colin

« Reply #3582 on: August 29, 2014, 07:35:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I hope you continue to post; your words are like sweaty and confident

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3583 on: September 09, 2014, 08:31:06 AM »
Stoked there's a giant bowl of Reese's pumpkins in the office. 

Not stoked it's 8:30 a.m. and I've already eaten 6 of them. 

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3584 on: September 09, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »

eh, not being kinda fat is overrated if ya ask me.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3585 on: September 09, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
eh, not being kinda fat is overrated if ya ask me.

I've got one of those "you can't get fat if you tried" metabolisms, it was the impending sting ring I was fearing.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3586 on: September 11, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »
Was flirted with by a cute McDonald's employee whilst getting my yogurt parfaits today, she said she likes my tat, however i think she's under 18. Not that she looked like the type that wouldn't fuck me and not tell the cops. I just don't know. Inconvenient for going to the bar/whatever.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3587 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
Was flirted with by a cute McDonald's employee whilst getting my yogurt parfaits today, she said she likes my tat, however i think she's under 18. Not that she looked like the type that wouldn't fuck me and not tell the cops. I just don't know. Inconvenient for going to the bar/whatever.

They're so many cute latina chicks working at the various fast fooderies out here in LA Rus, it's great.  Are you in a rural enough area of NH that the McD's workers are white?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3588 on: September 11, 2014, 09:43:42 PM »
Mostly white people working at fast food joints here. Yes. I did get flirted with by another high school girl running the register a block or two away from Laguna Hills skate park at Pollo Loco though.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3589 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
Mostly white people working at fast food joints here. Yes. I did get flirted with by another high school girl running the register a block or two away from Laguna Hills skate park at Pollo Loco though.

Chicks and their daddy issues, its a gift and a curse.

shark tits

« Reply #3590 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »
rusty, sounds like you and huf's calf muscles have the same problem. citing the fact that he's aussie, i believe you both should 'sink the pink, drink the drink'.
according to the offspring [who are experts on uderage sex] 'she's under 18 you won't be doing any ti-ee-ime'.
nah, but i know the feeling. when i was much younger i was skating honey farms and these 2 girls usedta interrupt me to jabberjaw and i felt vaguely lecherous then [i was prolly 23] and they might've even been of age. i just figure a girl that is into skating has to be young.
maybe you can chat her up and get her age via context and she's old enough or on the cusp.
oh yeah, those 2 girls? fuckin one time there was a drive by at roadrunner/honey farms and they were like 'we better go now' and i never seen em again. if i would've pursued it they'd prolly hate me now like all exes but i'd have a better story.
keep that girl in the pocket cause one day you'll be old and withered like me.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3591 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »

MAybe she's 20 though, i have no idea. i do like to go out to the bar sometimes though so 21 would be more OK.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3592 on: September 11, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »

MAybe she's 20 though, i have no idea. i do like to go out to the bar sometimes though so 21 would be more OK.

Alright alright alright.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3593 on: September 12, 2014, 07:47:57 PM »

according to the offspring [who are experts on uderage sex] 'she's under 18 you won't be doing any ti-ee-ime'.

Is that what you think that song is about? You might want to reread those lyrics.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

dillanharp

« Reply #3594 on: September 13, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
Ran my iphone through the wash yesterday, it's toast. It's pretty nice not having a phone. Think I'm going to go back to a flip phone.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3595 on: September 19, 2014, 12:47:05 PM »
My friend is setting me up tonight with this chick that is basically gonna be my fuck buddy but I've been seeing this chick for the past month or so that I really like. The chick I'm seeing we haven't really been able to see each other or meet up because of school and work. I'm just having a moral dilemma of am I cheating on this girl I like with this random girl or because I haven't seen her in about a month I should just hit it and quit it.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3596 on: September 19, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
Almost got arrested for "vandalizing" city property today ( skating a bench downtown someone had backed into and knocked over) someone called in and said me and my friends pulled it out of the ground ( which is an impossible human feat). One of my friends smarted off to the cop and he cuffed us and sat us on the ground while he ran our ID's. Stoked that i didn't get arrested  but not stoked i had to feel what being handcuffed felt like.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3597 on: September 19, 2014, 06:36:32 PM »
Almost got arrested for "vandalizing" city property today ( skating a bench downtown someone had backed into and knocked over) someone called in and said me and my friends pulled it out of the ground ( which is an impossible human feat). One of my friends smarted off to the cop and he cuffed us and sat us on the ground while he ran our ID's. Stoked that i didn't get arrested  but not stoked i had to feel what being handcuffed felt like.

Oh man, first time in the cuffs? Did I tell you guys about how I almost got arrested for felony assault during a game of skate once?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3598 on: September 19, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »
yep, first time in cuffs. i don't recall, do tell....

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3599 on: September 19, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »
yep, first time in cuffs. i don't recall, do tell....
Well I was skating this manny pad behind bank of America here in New Hampshire and these three dudes showed up and challenged me to do some no comply tricks and then asked if they could play me in SKATE on my board. I'm just chillin, so I say yes. About 3 minutes later 2 cruisers show up and we're all in handcuffs. Apparently the group of kids had just mugged someone down the block and one of the kids still had blood on his clothing. Really fuckin' wack. One of the cops finally realized I had nothing to do with those kids and let me go though. Another cop that was there detaining me pulls me over two days later when I'm coming back from Worcester with a headlight out and says something like "Did you see the news, those three gentlemen you were skateboarding with all got charged for Felony Assault." Kind've a serious bummer. One of the kids was pulling no comply big heels and turns out to be a violent criminal.

Stoked to see that chick at McD's tonight, not stoked she was working the second window so i had no time to chat her up/exchange numbers. I definitely don't think she's in High School now that I got a better look at her though. So, stoked on that as well.