Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710110 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3780 on: June 25, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »
It's my birthday!   :D

happy birthday then. and yes i live in a college town.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3781 on: June 25, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
"Got cool guy'd" when I was the only other kid at the park, but yo homie was a pretty damn good skater I can't complain. When I got home I finally landed a rolling old school kickflip with my heels barely touching the pavement. Those are going to be the new No Comply y'all!

Green Bastard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #3782 on: June 27, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
Beer company's sponsoring skateboarding. It's cool that my favorite skateboarders are getting free beer, but I'm not stoked since I kinda feel they are marketing towards young kids like how monster and red bull does

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3783 on: June 27, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »
Beer company's sponsoring skateboarding. It's cool that my favorite skateboarders are getting free beer, but I'm not stoked since I kinda feel they are marketing towards young kids like how monster and red bull does
Beer companies have always marketed toward youth, if tobacco companies can't advertise alcohol companies shouldn't either. See the NFL or any beer TV advert in history

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3784 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
i bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend. stoked one that. our anniversary is monday, july 13 and i plan on giving it to her the sunday before. i just have no fucking clue how im going to do it. she knows that im going to ask soon, but i still want it to be somewhat unexpected, so i dont want to just tell her that were going out to dinner or something boring like that. i have no good ideas and im running out of time.

colin

« Reply #3785 on: July 01, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »
i bought an engagement ring for my girlfriend. stoked one that. our anniversary is monday, july 13 and i plan on giving it to her the sunday before. i just have no fucking clue how im going to do it. she knows that im going to ask soon, but i still want it to be somewhat unexpected, so i dont want to just tell her that were going out to dinner or something boring like that. i have no good ideas and im running out of time.

Do you remember where you took her for your first date?

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #3786 on: July 01, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
I am finally going to see my doctor about my knee pain that's still going on after my surgery. Then I'm also going to another doctor for second opinion. Stoked I can hopefully get some answers but I really hate how this has turned out. The surgery was my graduation gift from college and all that's happened is I barely even want to get out of bed anymore cause this whole thing got me so depressed. I really don't know what is going to happen if I find out its permanent and that part scares me. But I'm really fucking hoping this pain will get figured out and fixed.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3787 on: July 01, 2015, 04:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you remember where you took her for your first date?

we dont have the most romantic history when it comes to firsts. we met at a pool hall/bar kind of place. our first date was just to the movies. the first time we kissed was in my car in the parking lot of a bar listening to death from above 1969. not really anything about those places really appeals to my proposal. ill figure something out though. im not going for some brag worthy viral youtube proposal which seems to be all the rage these days, but i want it to look like i at least put some effort into it.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3788 on: July 13, 2015, 04:48:49 AM »
i just proposed and she said yes. stoked on that.

when i bought the ring i told the guy that she was a size 6 and he assured me that it would fit her finger. the fucking ring doesnt fit! she loves the ring and isnt upset about it not fitting, but i feel like such a chump. ive been waiting for at least a month to see the ring on her finger and not being able to see it is a real bummer.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3789 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:48 AM »
Damn congrats JB!

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #3790 on: July 13, 2015, 07:03:15 AM »
El Chap Guzman escaped, through a perfect full pipe

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3791 on: July 18, 2015, 05:11:53 PM »
^Damn that blanket looks a little like three strips of bacon.

Had a mediocre-ish time at the skatepark, the angle iron wouldn't wax cuz of the heat so I couldn't do a lotta the shit I wanted to. Didn't master caveman boardslides either. I did however just randomly notice the perfect manny pad to 3 1/4 foot drop right by the 3 set. NBD small town spot!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3792 on: July 26, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »
I'm getting my definitive fake teeth process done by tomorrow.

I've been treating my teeth for about 13 years, since i'm 7 or 8 years old, and its going to end finally, but i also will be without my temporary fake teeth for about 3 or 4 days and in pain... It's going to be horrible and i'm a little scared of it but i'm also stoked because i will be finally free of braces and dental treatments. Finally normal, with nice teeth.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3793 on: July 27, 2015, 06:18:21 AM »
Oh man you gotta post a pic of your before and after smiles. At least a before. I went through braces, fillings, fake front teeth from skating, part my front tooth is currently rotted out from freebasing cocaine, all typesa shit bur i end up fine in the long run.

Stoked to be drinking for the first time in 2015 but i'm by myself at 9 AM on a Monday morning. It rained last night so I'm waiting for the sun to come out and I'm headed to the park for noseblunts and bonelesses.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3794 on: July 27, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »
Oh man you gotta post a pic of your before and after smiles. At least a before. I went through braces, fillings, fake front teeth from skating, part my front tooth is currently rotted out from freebasing cocaine, all typesa shit bur i end up fine in the long run.

Stoked to be drinking for the first time in 2015 but i'm by myself at 9 AM on a Monday morning. It rained last night so I'm waiting for the sun to come out and I'm headed to the park for noseblunts and bonelesses.

Damn, you passed a lot! My problem didnt came from skating... I actually dont have 2 of my front teeth, they dont exist. When my baby teeth fell they wouldnt come out so i went through some x-rays and they told me a dont have them. So my Dentist went through lots of processes to gain space in my mouth to put some fake teeth on their place.

I already done the process i was going to do today, but actually it was different from what i thought. He done the holes today and putted in the screws but not the teeth. I didnt knew i need to heal first, so the bone grow around the screw and then i can put the definitive teeth. I will need to wait about 3 months and keep using the temporary fake teeth till i can put the final ones. At least the pain is not as bad as i thought with the meds he gave me.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3795 on: July 28, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
Holy shit that sounds terrible man. Sorry. Pain always sucks.

Stoked I got my car above 100 today for the first time in years on a road trip, not stoked I was in a work zone and there was a camera. I don't know if the camera could see my plates from the angle it was pointed but I gotta assume the worst since life always is fucking me in the ass with a cactus made of razorblades.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #3796 on: July 29, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
Grant brittain is giving a crash course of skate photography at ucsd

But i never took photo 101 which is a prereq
  :-[

http://m.extension.ucsd.edu/index.cfm?vAction=courseDetail&vStudyAreaID=undefined&vCourse=ART-40657

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3797 on: July 29, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »
Grant brittain is giving a crash course of skate photography at ucsd

But i never took photo 101 which is a prereq
  :-[

http://m.extension.ucsd.edu/index.cfm?vAction=courseDetail&vStudyAreaID=undefined&vCourse=ART-40657

talk to your counselor and see if they can pull some strings for you.

if that doesnt work, talk to another counselor. just let them know that its a big deal to you and hopefully it will all work out.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #3798 on: July 29, 2015, 02:22:19 PM »
Finally got back to skating after a month off due to rolled ankles, 10 minutes after getting to the spot I ollied right into a wheel sized hole and refreshed the bow and knee scrapes. Its good to walk around looking like a badass again

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #3799 on: July 30, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »
Slipped over on backside grind and I was pretty stoked to get my hands on the ground before my chin/teeth/nose broke my fall but I'm not particularly stoked on spraining what feels like from my thumb to my neck on both arms. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3800 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »
Slipped over on backside grind and I was pretty stoked to get my hands on the ground before my chin/teeth/nose broke my fall but I'm not particularly stoked on spraining what feels like from my thumb to my neck on both arms. 
sorry man at least you're out there shredding. i just recently started fucking around with this pyramid ledge and I get to thinking "What's the worst that'lll happen if I fuck up on this one" and I'm assuming that just my teeth will break again but breaking a wrist would seriously suck a fat cock loaded with termite jizz.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3801 on: July 30, 2015, 02:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
sorry man at least you're out there shredding. i just recently started fucking around with this pyramid ledge and I get to thinking "What's the worst that'lll happen if I fuck up on this one" and I'm assuming that just my teeth will break again but breaking a wrist would seriously suck a fat cock loaded with termite jizz.

you paint a picture

had a cyst removed from my back a week and a half ago, they thought it could be a lipoma (fatty tumor) and possibly cancerous, but no, just a cyst. so, stoked. but can't skate for another week since i always used to fall on that spot when the cyst was there but somehow didn't pop it, but now if i do i'll pop my back open

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3802 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder how many termites would be necessary to accomplish that

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3803 on: August 02, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »
I had a neat little exchange with a racist on reddit. Of course I'm not stoked on the fact that this is a thing, but I am stoked on raising awareness and the fact that most people were in agreement in the thread, which is outside of the norm of reddit. There was a post about how in 2005, Wells Fargo started a program to educate black communities on building "generational wealth." This program turned out to be a front for steering black people into predatory loans. WF paid damages, but not before hundreds of houses were foreclosed. This is a quote from the linked article:
According to The New York Times, affidavits found loan officers referring to their black customers as “mud people” and to their subprime products as “ghetto loans.”
“We just went right after them,” Beth Jacobson, a former Wells Fargo loan officer, told The Times. “Wells Fargo mortgage had an emerging-markets unit that specifically targeted black churches because it figured church leaders had a lot of influence and could convince congregants to take out subprime loans.”
In 2011, Bank of America agreed to pay $355 million to settle charges of discrimination against its Countrywide unit. The following year, Wells Fargo settled its discrimination suit for more than $175 million. But the damage had been done. In 2009, half the properties in Baltimore whose owners had been granted loans by Wells Fargo between 2005 and 2008 were vacant; 71 percent of these properties were in predominantly black neighborhoods.

A poster makes this sarcastic comment underlying his frustration with popular ignorant opinion: "See, black people just need to get over slavery. The only thing holding them back is their own hip hop culture."

Racist responds with: "Are you the guy that brings up the holocaust every time something bad happens to a Jew?"

This is where I take over by saying: "I don't know, are you the guy that denies historical events and institutionalized discrimination influences modern culture?"

Racist: "Oh really? Please connect the dots between slavery in the 1800s and Wells Fargo fucking over poor people in the 2000s."

Me: "Are you serious? There's not really too many dots to connect here. The US has a pretty clear history of policies that have been destructive to the economic rise of black people. Discriminatory practices in jobs, housing, education, politics, and much more are pretty well documented and they have all contributed to the economic and cultural state of black people. They have fostered a state of lowered expectations and generational poverty. You know, the exact thing that WF claimed to try to combat in this criminal policy. That being so, they are an easier target than other groups for unscrupulous businesses to exploit. It is the reason why programs like this can exist."

Racist doesn't respond directly to me, but edits his comment with this addition: "EDIT: Below: People getting angry and saying the line is obvious and easy to draw, but nobody actually drawing the line. Just saved you all a few minutes."

Most people responded to the dude with comments similar to mine, so that's cool, but there were a couple idiots too. Good times.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3804 on: August 02, 2015, 08:02:52 PM »
Stoked: Got to see Neurosis on Friday.

Not stoked that I didn't see Hate! there. I think he's avoiding me. We're probably going to break up soon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

WonkaBar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3805 on: August 02, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »
Skateboarding is a thing for me again. Pretty stoked. Gonna try to avoid the pitfalls this time.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3806 on: August 03, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »
Met a dude that does fingerflip airwalks up on big walls, told him how stoked I was on him and his tricks and he started talking some hogawash about getting a blowjob over in the corner of the spot. Funny guy. I guess this was better suited for things that made you laugh today.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3807 on: August 03, 2015, 11:13:33 PM »
Thundercat, Beach House, and Father John Misty show all within days of each other. And my homie is selling me a pair of Klipsch Heresy III's for three hundred.

But I'm broke as fucking fuck.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #3808 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:38 AM »
My brother is in SF for the week, staying at my place, but I work everyday til saturday so I wont be able to kick it as much as I'd like to. I also rolled my ankle.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3809 on: August 05, 2015, 01:27:55 PM »
Managed to get my hands on the last Mother 8.25 at my shop today.

The name really grew on me so I'm sad to see it go, just hope they get Quasi on the shelves quick.