Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380330 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3930 on: August 31, 2015, 02:30:54 AM »
Marc McKee did an amazing graphic for Ishod and it's on a slick even but I have absolutely no use for it because it's just not the right size/something for how I am. Not that I've ever skated a REAL before I hear they're good. Anyways, appreciate:

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3931 on: September 01, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »
Going back to college. I hate all the anxiety I'm getting going back but pretty hyped to awkwardly stare at girls during class

Tay

« Reply #3932 on: September 08, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
I'm probably moving to an outskirt of Seattle; Bremerton in two months. On one hand I could quit working shitty factory jobs and get a job a skateshop or something, but I'm going to miss all my friends here in the Baltimore/DC area. The skate scene around here is amazing and I have love for almost everybody. Part of me is hoping I don't relocate but I feel it's for the best.   :-\

Plus, west coast demeanor fucks with my head. Almost like they're being sarcastic in a positive way constantly, although they're speaking genuinely?  ???

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #3933 on: September 08, 2015, 11:48:06 PM »
Jenkem mag offered me $100 (on instagram) to eat a piece of my old dirty Es Scheme shoe. I thought about it but said no and I threw away the shoe.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3934 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
^Should've put a piece of cake/cookie/etc with the right colored frosting on your shoe and filmed eating that instead. Once you got your 100 dollars you could've been like "surprise bitches here's how it ACTUALLY was".

I did what I'd call a pretty nice front boneless off the side of a quarterpipe to flat yesterday and felt like one of them dudes from Barrier Kult but I don't really think I ever have em to back into the ramp so much and when I do it's always below the coping.

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #3935 on: September 10, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
I'm probably moving to an outskirt of Seattle; Bremerton in two months. On one hand I could quit working shitty factory jobs and get a job a skateshop or something, but I'm going to miss all my friends here in the Baltimore/DC area. The skate scene around here is amazing and I have love for almost everybody. Part of me is hoping I don't relocate but I feel it's for the best.   :-\

Plus, west coast demeanor fucks with my head. Almost like they're being sarcastic in a positive way constantly, although they're speaking genuinely?  ???
I was stationed in Bremerton for more than three years at the close of my navy career. Pick somewhere else in Washington like Port Orchard (where there is a new skatepark) or Tacoma. I beg you. I offer these two videos to help convince you:

I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Parry

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3936 on: September 11, 2015, 12:04:43 AM »
I'm probably moving to an outskirt of Seattle; Bremerton in two months. On one hand I could quit working shitty factory jobs and get a job a skateshop or something, but I'm going to miss all my friends here in the Baltimore/DC area. The skate scene around here is amazing and I have love for almost everybody. Part of me is hoping I don't relocate but I feel it's for the best.   :-\

Plus, west coast demeanor fucks with my head. Almost like they're being sarcastic in a positive way constantly, although they're speaking genuinely?  ???
I was stationed in Bremerton for more than three years at the close of my navy career. Pick somewhere else in Washington like Port Orchard (where there is a new skatepark) or Tacoma. I beg you. I offer these two videos to help convince you:

Tacoma fucking blows, seriously, skip Washington altogether, garbage state

Tay

« Reply #3937 on: September 11, 2015, 07:25:05 AM »

Those videos were frightening. My SO will be working at the same nazy base. Port Orchard looks really pretty, and will only be a couple minute commute! Definitely on the top of my list. Thanks for the insight Lazyeyes.  :)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3938 on: September 11, 2015, 02:25:48 PM »
Learned boneless front wallride on jersey barriers but the only jersey in my town is like next to a sidewalk but not in the good kinda way and there's a buncha pebbles and stuff near it so I gotta be like coming at it pretty much perpendicular and then sorta veer off to the left cuz i'm regulars and all idk. didn't get a chance to fuck with it much probably never will.

Ticallion Stallion

• Rep: 9
« Reply #3939 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »

Drinking too much...

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #3940 on: September 11, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
girlfriend is moving to Toronto to get some mental treatment.  we broke up the other day.  its for the best, i've been feeling like i was just there to help her through her troubles and wasn't really feeling it on a relationship level.  i think she has some kind of schizophrenia (she finally admitted to me that she has hallucinations daily), in addition to anorexia, bulimia, depression, BPD, and is a recovering heroin addict and cutter.  our mutual social anxiety made us pretty co-dependent and enabling, so it's good that she's going to get the help she needs and we can move on with our lives, but i really don't want to have to go out and find someone else.  at this point in my life, i have absolutely no tolerance for the stuff most girls are into. 

Ticallion Stallion

« Reply #3941 on: September 11, 2015, 05:20:13 PM »
My girlfriend and I are in the same boat we were neighbors. I had to leave the apartments we lived in my schizophrenia was getting the best of me and now that I'm gone I don't miss her really. It sucks cause she's helping my mom alot and she really loves me. But she says she can't be happy without me which is bad. Very dependent on each other as you said. But I can't call it off because of everything she's done for my mom. I feel like a piece of shit. She has 2 kids different daddy's I have none both of them are bad as shit... but she loves me...

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #3942 on: September 11, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
you have to do what's best for yourself and get well.  that's the same thing i told her.  it's nothing to feel guilty about; it's a health issue like any other, and it needs treatment.  my problem with her was that she was constantly lying about her mental state, not taking her medication, throwing up, cutting herself etc.  it was getting to the point where i was suspecting her of using again, and i had told her if that happens then it would be over.  anyway, i thought we could continue to be friends and make the most of our last week together, but she felt the need to burn the bridge.  feeling pretty ok about it though. 

Ticallion Stallion

« Reply #3943 on: September 11, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »
My girl cuts too and she just tried again last week. I was like what the fuck that shit ain't right putting it on me like that I'm trying to get my head righ.t she's all like oh I  just cut today telling me. When I got stress already piling on. It worries me she going to cut herself bad if I end it leave her kids orphans.. makes me feel selfish.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3944 on: September 11, 2015, 06:17:35 PM »
That's the wack I know this chick that cuts herself that has hepatitis though and she was like all charging into the bathroom to fucking clean her bloody hepatitis arm off while someone else was washing their hands like WTF what if they had a cut on their hand? that's the wack too.

Ticallion Stallion

« Reply #3945 on: September 11, 2015, 06:34:32 PM »
Blood oath

colin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #3946 on: September 12, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »
Learned boneless front wallride on jersey barriers
Would like to see some footy.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3947 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:05 AM »
Learned boneless front wallride on jersey barriers
Would like to see some footy.
ahhahaa i tripod filmed it like 8 times and then deleted them all. but it was on a diy ramp and not a jersey. w/e i don't think i like it much. haha. also tripod filmed like 8 other weird things and deleted em or didn't land em can't remember but some of em were like "nose stall switch tailblock spin to switch tailstall switch shuvit" that one was alright but I don't like how I just caveman into the nose stall etc. it's been fun but i donno still "on the come up" and sorta over filming myself but i wanna get someone filming me skating some slopes and lines more "that style" yeah. word. have a great saturday everybody!

Can of Soup

• Rep: 113
« Reply #3948 on: September 13, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
Just went to a big surprise congratulatory party for a friend's recent engagement--it was awesome to see him and his fiance so happy; also got to catch up with a whole bunch of friends I had not seen in a while, almost all of whom are getting hitched, buying houses, etc.

I decided to switch career paths right out of undergrad a few years ago and have been working towards that pretty much exclusively, and today it really sunk in that it will still be a quite a few years before I'm able to do what my friends are doing now.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3949 on: September 13, 2015, 12:28:53 PM »
Made a pizza burger. It's fucking dope I've never done anything like it before in my life, tomatoe sauce IN the burger with mozarella shredded IN THE BURGER. then broiled for some minutes in a pan with oil. life changer.

Not stoked that it's fucking raining all day and I think I finally found someone to film me bombin a hill sorta. (I'm calling it a hill because it's a street that's a slope that I can get speed wobbles on but it's not as much of a hill as some of them in my town(

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • USA
« Reply #3950 on: September 14, 2015, 05:25:32 AM »
rimjobs

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3951 on: September 15, 2015, 11:58:21 AM »
I can't never ever skate the fucking park most days cuz there'll be a fucking gang of little kids there getting in my fucking way with their parents sitting on the pyramid hubba watching them with this "it's so great that i bought a scooter for each one of my children" look on their face. Maybe school just started though and I counted my chickens before they hatched today? Well either way that shit seriously deterred me from going back to the park during the day a few times last month.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #3952 on: September 15, 2015, 03:01:50 PM »
I'm stoked to be sober

I'm not stoked I'm in a 3/4 house

I'm stoked there's another guy who skates in the apts

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3953 on: September 16, 2015, 07:09:59 AM »

stoked i got a new car last night. 2016 forte. nothing too fancy, but its enough of an upgrade from my last car to be pretty excited about, plus its brand new.

not really too stoked that the only reason i got a new car is because my last car was totaled. it was a 2013 rio and i was half way done paying it off. it wasnt the nicest car, but it drove great and was great on gas and never had a single problem in the 75k miles i drove it. my new one is nicer, but its about $40 more per month, which isnt much considering that i got a nicer car, but i was perfectly content with my old car and now i have to start over paying this one off. even if i went with another rio, payments wouldve only been about $10 less than the forte because the price of those cars has went up since the time i bought the last one, and id be stuck with the shitty beige interior my last car had which i ruined in a matter of weeks. i really envy people who dont need cars, but where i live its practically impossible to not own one.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3954 on: September 16, 2015, 11:25:32 PM »
Oh hell yeah. I've never had a black car I bet it's got a good feel to it.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3955 on: September 17, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »
Oh hell yeah. I've never had a black car I bet it's got a good feel to it.

it does. black with black interior. my last one was red with a light tan interior and im not the type of person who really babys their car or takes extra special care of it, so i had the interior ruined on that one in probably less than 3 months. this one is definitely a real sharp looking car compared to anything else ive never owned.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3956 on: September 21, 2015, 10:16:08 PM »
OH yeah fucking light tan I'd end up prob puking inside it and yep there goes that "nice look" of my car.

So I was learning this weird manual tonight it's like what freestyle bros call a "swedish manual" maybe/i think but instead of using my foot underneath the board to hold it up and instead of being on just flat it's called "a motherfucking New England manual" and I boneless into it and use my hand to balance half the board so it's like a crazy thing but as soon as I figured out how exactly I do it I hear a gay train whistle in the distance and the street lights directly above the manny pad go out. Gaaaaaaaay!

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • Hailey SkatePlaza Expansion HS SR Project Designer
« Reply #3957 on: September 21, 2015, 10:37:18 PM »
finally told my mom that I think I have PTSD as a result of being a skateboarder in an area near a ski resort that attracts a ton of rich assholes who shit on anything south of their precious ski resort....... Like full on one percent of the one percent come up here to party..... The Governator has a second home, Tom Hanks and his Cunt of a Wife have a second home, Bruce Willis used to Live here, Demi Moore still visits sometimes, and a bunch of republican ranchers and Hollywood democrats constantly bicker publicly and ruin life for kids like me who were fortunate enough to grow up near a great skate-park and a decent ski resort...... (I grew up in Bellevue, ID, about 5 miles south of the Hailey, ID park).

The biggest reason I feel like I have PTSD is because I got some concussions when I was snowboarding my senior year of high school.... I kept trying to do ollies or skate style tricks and catching my edges.... eventually I had two official concussions within 6 weeks of each other.... I remember because they were both on Sundays in Sun Valley.... Nobody believed me when I told them about the second one though because I was working way too hard trying to help design the new skate-Plaza section of the Hailey skatepark, pass my classes, apply for scholarships, and ask a girl to prom.... anyway, prom didn't work out, I spent my prom weekend questioning if I even got into college (went to Cal Poly, SLO, for a year before failing out due to my "skate punk anarchist issues.")....

Anyway, thank you SLAP for helping me stay positive and sharing your own horror stories with mainstream society..... I'm finally about to go get an official diagnoses, and hopefully some real help for once.... Smoking weed with your friends is nice, but I live in a Red State, and it's still illegal here unfortunately....fuck Butch Otter, or little bitch otter as I like to call our Governor... Steer Clear of the Ranching Queer (obvious homophobic old white Republicant)...

Anyway, thanks PALs, keep skating, calling out Bullshit, and please wish me luck when I finally speak to a trained professional doctor about my PTSD-PostConcussive issues later this week..... if any of you have any experience with this shit please PM me, I am going to bed now.....

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3958 on: September 23, 2015, 08:12:52 AM »
Second weekend in my new home and I'm loving it then the wife tells me her snooty sister and her hubby invited themselves up for the weekend to check it out. I'm like WTF??!! We barely have had a chance to get settled in! Oh well, guess I'll just make the best of it. Gotta choose your battles carefully in a marriage I guess...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3959 on: September 24, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »
I think I'm pretty much 100% over females. Like I don't think I'll ever once in my life be able to identify as "Gay" but yeah at this point I'm pretty much assured I'll never be "on the prowl" or some shit like that ever again.