Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709233 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3960 on: February 26, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
Kinda stoked on the whole NFL back in LA thing going on lately. The thing that sucks is that the part where the stadium is at is in well known ghetto neighborhood and have now slowly started raising rent and remodeling properties there to push people out. Since Inglewood is probably going to be new hot spot i wonder where thats going to push the people that can't afford the rent in that area.

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3961 on: February 26, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
Kinda stoked on the whole NFL back in LA thing going on lately. The thing that sucks is that the part where the stadium is at is in well known ghetto neighborhood and have now slowly started raising rent and remodeling properties there to push people out. Since Inglewood is probably going to be new hot spot i wonder where thats going to push the people that can't afford the rent in that area.

That's what happens.  South East DC used to be terrifying before the Nationals stadium got built.  Now there are a ton of restaurants, condos, and office buildings.  The whole football back to LA thing is really interesting.  Those teams are going to spend big to make a splash. 

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3962 on: February 26, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
@drpimplepopper on Instagram.
you never know about pre-cum 

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3963 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »
I've been having a no-fun-february..
- no alcohol, tobacco, meat or candy
- work out every day
- don't buy anything you don't need (like plastic bags at the grocery store)
- eat out less aka cook more

I've been doing good. Had a bit candy since I had the flu, skipped a bunch of workouts but gotten into running again, have had 2 plastic bags and I have cooked more (without using meat, which is a new thing for me).
I don't feel any bit more healthy, have more energy or anything.. Weekends are pretty boring and I don't feel any less shit on Sundays than when hungover (I've been having some real sleep issues since January).

Overall, stoked that I can cold turkey quit a bunch of shit I like for a month, stoked that the month is almost over and not stoked that I haven't had an alcoholic beer in 26/27 days.

shark tits

« Reply #3964 on: February 27, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »
I've been having a no-fun-february..
- no alcohol, tobacco, meat or candy
- work out every day
- don't buy anything you don't need (like plastic bags at the grocery store)
- eat out less aka cook more

I've been doing good. Had a bit candy since I had the flu, skipped a bunch of workouts but gotten into running again, have had 2 plastic bags and I have cooked more (without using meat, which is a new thing for me).
I don't feel any bit more healthy, have more energy or anything.. Weekends are pretty boring and I don't feel any less shit on Sundays than when hungover (I've been having some real sleep issues since January).

Overall, stoked that I can cold turkey quit a bunch of shit I like for a month, stoked that the month is almost over and not stoked that I haven't had an alcoholic beer in 26/27 days.
way to celebrate black history! sorta sounds like my lifestyle anymore. i'm veggie, off cigs/drugs/booze [some longer than others] and i do a 100 pushups and 60 sit ups every day. i've got one of rusty's courier bags that i bring to the grocery store on my moped instead of plastic bags and i'm reading books again. [americanah on the recommendation of someone in the books thread].
i'm doing better for myself than at any other time in my adult life but i'm 20 yrs behind so it's not winning me any girlfriends or anything. maybe i should lower my sights and realize i aged out of college girls and screwed off for too long to be w/ successful girls and maybe look at recovering fuckups? sounds so depressing though and it's not my identity, right now i'm all about mopeds and beekeeping, soon to add skating to the mix once the sand and glaciers leave the strip malls and plazas.
but yeah, as i told one of my childhood friends [who went to jail for somehting i did 21 yrs ago and we lost touch for a while] 'i'm exactly who the 15 yr old me would want to be but prolly not where i wish i was at 40' [i've been 40 for a really long time, vampire style].

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3965 on: February 27, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »
Finally got my pic in Thrasher after over 30 years of skating. The bad news is I'm just lurking in the background of the toy machine ad not skating lol! :D
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3966 on: February 27, 2016, 08:07:38 PM »
Finally got my pic in Thrasher after over 30 years of skating. The bad news is I'm just lurking in the background of the toy machine ad not skating lol! :D

you made it, man. congrats!

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3967 on: February 28, 2016, 06:13:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[/quote

you made it, man. congrats!
[close]
haha! why thank you kind sir!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

7 year old

« Reply #3968 on: March 03, 2016, 02:43:57 PM »
got a job so i dont have to do degrading temp work.
it's almost 60 hours a week and i fuckin hate it. second day.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3969 on: March 03, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
would be more things you are not stoked on but stocked on, my car is out of order, it's gonna cost me a lot to fix it, but i'm back to the bus and to the long street ride to go skating...yeeepeeeee

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3970 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:51 AM »
Met someone new at the community college I tutor and yesterday all I looked forward to was getting to talk to her. She came during the end of my shift and I was swamped with students that I didn't get a chance to talk to her. She still tried to get my attention before she left, she said she had a book for me to read so I'm stoked for that.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3971 on: March 05, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
It's raining, and California needs the water, just wish it wasn't on my day of.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3972 on: March 07, 2016, 08:22:44 PM »
I just preordered deanna templetons swimming pool book. I feel hella dirty right now, but will have hella boners after april 15th.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #3973 on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:11 AM »
New park over Summer (downunder) which has been rad.

Lights haven't been sorted yet and daylight savings about to fuck up all the post work/kids in bed skate times, which is definitely not rad.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3974 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:14 AM »
New park over Summer (downunder) which has been rad.

Lights haven't been sorted yet and daylight savings about to fuck up all the post work/kids in bed skate times, which is definitely not rad.

I'm quoting you for the username. Yesterday night I went to the local spot to skate a bit. Given that I live in a small town, the spot proper is just an old train station with smooth concrete, good enough to go back and forth, with a box and a couple of rails. One of the sides of the station was covered in horseshit! I found out that there was a horserider event in the weekend, so some of the horsemen just took their mounts to the station. Obviously, no one cleaned. The marching band was practicing on the other side of the station, so I just went elsewhere until they band left. I noticed there was horseshit all over town.

Once I was back, there were actually two guys playing chess there. I asked if I could go next, then just skated until it was my turn. They actually called me by name when they were done, which surprised me. Such is the small town life. I got my ass handed to me, then I noticed one of them was full of chess piece tattoos, like bishops and towers and horses. That was very amusing. They gave me pointers and now I'm trying to learn online. The chess notation is really alien to me.

Eric ricks

« Reply #3975 on: March 22, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
My 3 boys new boards came in today! Stoked!

One board came with trucks I have never heard of instead of the indys I ordered, not stoked.

What the fuck are bullete trucks? Guess we'll find out how they are soon
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:25:28 PM by Eric ricks »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3976 on: March 22, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
My 2 year old corrected my pronounciation of a 6 syllable word...
you never know about pre-cum 

Eric ricks

« Reply #3977 on: March 22, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
My 2 year old corrected my pronounciation of a 6 syllable word...

Hahaha awesome!!!

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #3978 on: March 23, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
It was sunny and 65 yesterday and I woke up to a goddamn blizzard this morning. Didn't have to go to class though so thats kind of cool

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3979 on: March 26, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »
Im stoked on but not stoked on dressing like shit.  I kinda respect people who just wear whatever is free and don't care what it looks like.  (I'm pretty conscious of what I wear personally.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3980 on: March 28, 2016, 05:58:33 AM »
Stoked that I, despite my otherwise short-term mentality, renewed my dental insurance. Not stoked that I chipped a pretty good chunk of a tooth and the odds of getting an appointment within a reasonable amount of time are slim.

glutton.

« Reply #3981 on: April 04, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »
My 3 boys new boards came in today! Stoked!

One board came with trucks I have never heard of instead of the indys I ordered, not stoked.

What the fuck are bullete trucks? Guess we'll find out how they are soon
Those are NHS trucks that they put on completes.

I checked my bank account to find that I have $18-19. That isn't great, but I was assuming my account would be overdrawn. I'm also behind on bills that ended up going to collection. However, I am about to start a decent paying job in Oregon, by July. Hopefully, I will have my shit back to normal and have a decent amount in my savings by October.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3982 on: April 05, 2016, 04:57:14 PM »
Hung out with Darrell Stanton today.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3983 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
Hung out with Darrell Stanton today.

LOL posting the correct thread I see :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3984 on: April 06, 2016, 05:14:40 PM »
Business trip to Thailand this weekend AND I'm staying in a pimp hotel. The catch is I have to take the night flight back on Sunday night.
Here's to fresh juices and massages

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #3985 on: April 15, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »
I hate my current job. Or at least the people that I work with. My summer job will take me away from my wife and kitty for 5 months, but at least it's 100% fulfilling.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3986 on: April 24, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
I went to Madrid for 3 days with my girl. It was cool as fuck, saw lots of great stuff and learnt a lot but i barelly skated and i really wanted to. When i was about to skate it started raining heavily and then i just could skate by the night when i was weak as fuck, because of a whole day walking in the city. I couldnt do shit and was alone with my girl so i just quit and went to sleep. Next time it will be full on skate trip with some bros!  :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #3987 on: April 26, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »
Going across the country Friday to Az, I have ten dollars in my account

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #3988 on: May 06, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
Not stoked: Been raining all this week and only got to skate once

Stoked: Perfect excuse not to do anything and just binge watch the latest season of Shameless

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #3989 on: May 08, 2016, 08:52:10 AM »
I applied for an internship just kinda randomly, ended up getting an interview, and they just called to make me an offer. Took it because its a potential career once I graduate, but I don't really want to work 40 hours a week this summer. Not much skating will be happening :/