Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 382161 times)

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4020 on: February 27, 2016, 08:07:38 PM »
Finally got my pic in Thrasher after over 30 years of skating. The bad news is I'm just lurking in the background of the toy machine ad not skating lol! :D

you made it, man. congrats!

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4021 on: February 28, 2016, 06:13:57 AM »
Finally got my pic in Thrasher after over 30 years of skating. The bad news is I'm just lurking in the background of the toy machine ad not skating lol! :D
[/quote

you made it, man. congrats!
haha! why thank you kind sir!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

7 year old

• Rep: 56
« Reply #4022 on: March 03, 2016, 02:43:57 PM »
got a job so i dont have to do degrading temp work.
it's almost 60 hours a week and i fuckin hate it. second day.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #4023 on: March 03, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
would be more things you are not stoked on but stocked on, my car is out of order, it's gonna cost me a lot to fix it, but i'm back to the bus and to the long street ride to go skating...yeeepeeeee

cookieboy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4024 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:51 AM »
Met someone new at the community college I tutor and yesterday all I looked forward to was getting to talk to her. She came during the end of my shift and I was swamped with students that I didn't get a chance to talk to her. She still tried to get my attention before she left, she said she had a book for me to read so I'm stoked for that.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 826
« Reply #4025 on: March 05, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »
It's raining, and California needs the water, just wish it wasn't on my day of.

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • USA
« Reply #4026 on: March 07, 2016, 08:22:44 PM »
I just preordered deanna templetons swimming pool book. I feel hella dirty right now, but will have hella boners after april 15th.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 61
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #4027 on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:11 AM »
New park over Summer (downunder) which has been rad.

Lights haven't been sorted yet and daylight savings about to fuck up all the post work/kids in bed skate times, which is definitely not rad.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #4028 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:14 AM »
New park over Summer (downunder) which has been rad.

Lights haven't been sorted yet and daylight savings about to fuck up all the post work/kids in bed skate times, which is definitely not rad.

I'm quoting you for the username. Yesterday night I went to the local spot to skate a bit. Given that I live in a small town, the spot proper is just an old train station with smooth concrete, good enough to go back and forth, with a box and a couple of rails. One of the sides of the station was covered in horseshit! I found out that there was a horserider event in the weekend, so some of the horsemen just took their mounts to the station. Obviously, no one cleaned. The marching band was practicing on the other side of the station, so I just went elsewhere until they band left. I noticed there was horseshit all over town.

Once I was back, there were actually two guys playing chess there. I asked if I could go next, then just skated until it was my turn. They actually called me by name when they were done, which surprised me. Such is the small town life. I got my ass handed to me, then I noticed one of them was full of chess piece tattoos, like bishops and towers and horses. That was very amusing. They gave me pointers and now I'm trying to learn online. The chess notation is really alien to me.

Eric ricks

« Reply #4029 on: March 22, 2016, 11:52:27 AM »
My 3 boys new boards came in today! Stoked!

One board came with trucks I have never heard of instead of the indys I ordered, not stoked.

What the fuck are bullete trucks? Guess we'll find out how they are soon
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:25:28 PM by Eric ricks »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4030 on: March 22, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
My 2 year old corrected my pronounciation of a 6 syllable word...
you never know about pre-cum 

Eric ricks

« Reply #4031 on: March 22, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
My 2 year old corrected my pronounciation of a 6 syllable word...

Hahaha awesome!!!

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #4032 on: March 23, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
It was sunny and 65 yesterday and I woke up to a goddamn blizzard this morning. Didn't have to go to class though so thats kind of cool

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -411
« Reply #4033 on: March 26, 2016, 09:31:45 AM »
Im stoked on but not stoked on dressing like shit.  I kinda respect people who just wear whatever is free and don't care what it looks like.  (I'm pretty conscious of what I wear personally.)
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -669
« Reply #4034 on: March 28, 2016, 05:58:33 AM »
Stoked that I, despite my otherwise short-term mentality, renewed my dental insurance. Not stoked that I chipped a pretty good chunk of a tooth and the odds of getting an appointment within a reasonable amount of time are slim.

glutton.

« Reply #4035 on: April 04, 2016, 08:12:15 PM »
My 3 boys new boards came in today! Stoked!

One board came with trucks I have never heard of instead of the indys I ordered, not stoked.

What the fuck are bullete trucks? Guess we'll find out how they are soon
Those are NHS trucks that they put on completes.

I checked my bank account to find that I have $18-19. That isn't great, but I was assuming my account would be overdrawn. I'm also behind on bills that ended up going to collection. However, I am about to start a decent paying job in Oregon, by July. Hopefully, I will have my shit back to normal and have a decent amount in my savings by October.

cookieboy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4036 on: April 05, 2016, 04:57:14 PM »
Hung out with Darrell Stanton today.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -385
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4037 on: April 05, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
Hung out with Darrell Stanton today.

LOL posting the correct thread I see :D

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -385
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4038 on: April 06, 2016, 05:14:40 PM »
Business trip to Thailand this weekend AND I'm staying in a pimp hotel. The catch is I have to take the night flight back on Sunday night.
Here's to fresh juices and massages

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #4039 on: April 15, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »
I hate my current job. Or at least the people that I work with. My summer job will take me away from my wife and kitty for 5 months, but at least it's 100% fulfilling.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4040 on: April 24, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
I went to Madrid for 3 days with my girl. It was cool as fuck, saw lots of great stuff and learnt a lot but i barelly skated and i really wanted to. When i was about to skate it started raining heavily and then i just could skate by the night when i was weak as fuck, because of a whole day walking in the city. I couldnt do shit and was alone with my girl so i just quit and went to sleep. Next time it will be full on skate trip with some bros!  :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #4041 on: April 26, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »
Going across the country Friday to Az, I have ten dollars in my account

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4042 on: May 06, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
Not stoked: Been raining all this week and only got to skate once

Stoked: Perfect excuse not to do anything and just binge watch the latest season of Shameless

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #4043 on: May 08, 2016, 08:52:10 AM »
I applied for an internship just kinda randomly, ended up getting an interview, and they just called to make me an offer. Took it because its a potential career once I graduate, but I don't really want to work 40 hours a week this summer. Not much skating will be happening :/

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -201
« Reply #4044 on: May 08, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
It's raining... just wish it wasn't on my day of.

I wouldn't even try to aquire an elephant that would be mad selfish I don't have the means to give him a comfortable life

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards
« Reply #4045 on: May 08, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
so instead of getting a job right now, my girl is gonna take more classes and try to get a job as phlebotomist in like 2 1/2 more months.
I'm happy for her to be doing the right thing
but I was really looking forward to her starting to pay her half of the rent sooner. ah well, we aren't starving. I'm just not saving.
@idealhandmades

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #4046 on: May 09, 2016, 01:01:28 AM »
Stoked that I finally got a job at a restaurant I enjoy cooking at and that they give me a ton of hours.

Not stoked on the fact that they dont have a dishwasher so they make one of the people working the line wash dishes. By the time Ive finished cleaning my grills and ovens and mopping the floors on my side of the kitchen(when I was hired they said I can leave at this point) The line guy is still fucking around with dishes so my manager makes me clean their side most of the time too. Its hella annoying because I think they take a long time on the dishes on purpose knowing that I have to clean their side if they dont finish promptly. Oh well, gets me an extra hour of work every night so thats extra money but I hate leaving work so late.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4047 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
Found out my 13 year old nephew is named after Steven Seagal's character in Above the Law.
you never know about pre-cum 

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4048 on: May 27, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
Just found an old pair of vans from awhile back I had lying around that I thought were tossed out.
The insoles are a no go, got too used to skating some lunarlon chucks so the vans insoles feel super weak in comparison.
I have an extra pair of lunarlon insoles handy though, but the hard part still awaits: digging the vans insole out first.
Not stoked on the peeling and chiseling of the vans insoles that I know is ahead of me.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4049 on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:39 PM »
Not stoked: I'm balding. Fuck my parents for giving me life

Stoked: I will go as George Costanza one year for Halloween when its in full effect