Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710062 times)

Wizard Fight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #3990 on: May 08, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
It's raining... just wish it wasn't on my day of.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #3991 on: May 08, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
so instead of getting a job right now, my girl is gonna take more classes and try to get a job as phlebotomist in like 2 1/2 more months.
I'm happy for her to be doing the right thing
but I was really looking forward to her starting to pay her half of the rent sooner. ah well, we aren't starving. I'm just not saving.
@idealhandmades

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #3992 on: May 09, 2016, 01:01:28 AM »
Stoked that I finally got a job at a restaurant I enjoy cooking at and that they give me a ton of hours.

Not stoked on the fact that they dont have a dishwasher so they make one of the people working the line wash dishes. By the time Ive finished cleaning my grills and ovens and mopping the floors on my side of the kitchen(when I was hired they said I can leave at this point) The line guy is still fucking around with dishes so my manager makes me clean their side most of the time too. Its hella annoying because I think they take a long time on the dishes on purpose knowing that I have to clean their side if they dont finish promptly. Oh well, gets me an extra hour of work every night so thats extra money but I hate leaving work so late.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3993 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59:16 PM »
Found out my 13 year old nephew is named after Steven Seagal's character in Above the Law.
Above the Law [Nico] (1988) Official Trailer #1 - Steven Seagal Movie HD
you never know about pre-cum 

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3994 on: May 27, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
Just found an old pair of vans from awhile back I had lying around that I thought were tossed out.
The insoles are a no go, got too used to skating some lunarlon chucks so the vans insoles feel super weak in comparison.
I have an extra pair of lunarlon insoles handy though, but the hard part still awaits: digging the vans insole out first.
Not stoked on the peeling and chiseling of the vans insoles that I know is ahead of me.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #3995 on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:39 PM »
Not stoked: I'm balding. Fuck my parents for giving me life

Stoked: I will go as George Costanza one year for Halloween when its in full effect

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3996 on: May 30, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
Are you really? Bleaching your hair will make it weaker. And you're in your mid twenties, so it's a pretty good run either way.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #3997 on: May 30, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
Are you really? Bleaching your hair will make it weaker. And you're in your mid twenties, so it's a pretty good run either way.

I kind of noticed it after my last hair cut like last year that something seemed off. Just got a hair cut today though and you can definitely see its happening. I only bleached my hair once and never was going to keep it. I get a hair cut like maybe twice a year and just wanted to do something fun before i get my only hair cut style, which is a buzz cut

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3998 on: May 30, 2016, 06:32:58 PM »
i'm stoked i found a pair of shoes in a style like for $39, but i'm not stoked because it's osiris, damn

captainfalcon69

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3999 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:35 PM »
was walking to my garage to rip the bong before bed. ended up dropping it and spilling bong water on my kitchen cabinet and floor, not stoked. Stoked i caught my bong before it hit the ground.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4000 on: May 31, 2016, 05:44:28 AM »
was walking to my garage to rip the bong before bed. ended up dropping it and spilling bong water on my kitchen cabinet and floor, not stoked. Stoked i caught my bong before it hit the ground.

Gross bong water is like cat piss in the smells-you-can't-get-rid-of rankings.

glutton.

« Reply #4001 on: June 02, 2016, 09:04:43 AM »
I had a fun night but I woke up to find out that my tongue is overextended or some shit. It kind of hurts and my mouth tastes like pussy and cigs.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4002 on: June 03, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »
I've realized that this heavy metal scene i've been trying to be a part of for years is just a bunch of selfish overgrown children who possess this clique high school mentality and that the camaraderie i've been hoping for isn't there yet no scene or clique can compare to what skateboarding has given me, even though i skate alone and i have no friends, skateboarding has shown me that this is okay and to be happy with myself without having to go very far in search of said happiness or look for it in other people.

this isn't a pity party it is how it is, han solo signing off  ;D
even the steven

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4003 on: June 03, 2016, 06:38:31 PM »
I've realized that this heavy metal scene i've been trying to be a part of for years is just a bunch of selfish overgrown children who possess this clique high school mentality and that the camaraderie i've been hoping for isn't there yet no scene or clique can compare to what skateboarding has given me, even though i skate alone and i have no friends, skateboarding has shown me that this is okay and to be happy with myself without having to go very far in search of said happiness or look for it in other people.

The heavy metal scene can be one of the shittiest scenes sometimes. People get so elitist and egocentric sometimes that makes me mad!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4004 on: June 04, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's what i've been seeing a lot of, it makes me sick. it's all i see in the Bdm scene, bunch of people trying to impress each other and make money off of lame ass merch, it's like what happened to someone digging an idea you have and being down just for the music?

The heavy metal scene can be one of the shittiest scenes sometimes. People get so elitist and egocentric sometimes that makes me mad!
even the steven

swag nollies

« Reply #4005 on: June 05, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »
Free drug sample has came.
281-330-8004
Which means I will be going through withdrawal in a few weeks.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #4006 on: June 05, 2016, 02:19:32 PM »
Free drug sample has came.
281-330-8004
Which means I will be going through withdrawal in a few weeks.
your youtube channel is a scary place

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4007 on: June 05, 2016, 02:32:23 PM »
Really, what the hell. the most left-field what the fuck post of today goes to the pill machine guy
even the steven

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4008 on: June 15, 2016, 11:49:18 PM »
got to go for a roll yesterday (it's rainy season here)

some old dude got angry at me for skating my local (which is literally a park, not a skatepark) even though no one was their and I was just minding my own business

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4009 on: June 17, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Stuck double flip on this ten , then I landed primo ,gotta go back /:

glutton.

« Reply #4010 on: June 24, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
It's been another slow day at work, with $3.96 in tips for over three hours. I ended up buying a $100 Huf surprise pack, when I wasn't doing shit. All I have left to do here is roll up silverware and wait for the owner to come back. I'm cashing out on my hourly wages, so I'm going to get some bud and a bottle of scotch, when I get off. If she gives me a check instead of cash, I will be kind of disappointed.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4011 on: June 27, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »

I posted a adidas shoe on my insta, got a PM from one of their designers (Rob Carlos) praising it, got stoked and asked what i had to do to work for adidas. He said i could send him my portfolio and he would pass it to their recruiter, so i could start a internship. I got really stoked with this, working for a companie like adidas is a dream of mine so i told my girl. And there is the bad part. Their internships are usually 6 months, and this is killing my girlfriend, she didnt sleep or eat, just cries since yesterday, she just begs me to not go. So it's like, i'm stoked, but i fell bad because i'm hurting her. The thing is, I'm not even "in" yet, i need to do the portfolio because i dont have one and they can not like it, but i really want to give it a chance!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4012 on: June 27, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »

I posted a adidas shoe on my insta, got a PM from one of their designers (Rob Carlos) praising it, got stoked and asked what i had to do to work for adidas. He said i could send him my portfolio and he would pass it to their recruiter, so i could start a internship. I got really stoked with this, working for a companie like adidas is a dream of mine so i told my girl. And there is the bad part. Their internships are usually 6 months, and this is killing my girlfriend, she didnt sleep or eat, just cries since yesterday, she just begs me to not go. So it's like, i'm stoked, but i fell bad because i'm hurting her. The thing is, I'm not even "in" yet, i need to do the portfolio because i dont have one and they can not like it, but i really want to give it a chance!
Mate! I know you're pretty young (and I know absolutely NOTHING about your girl apart from the fact that she often gets jelly) but as an old fart I will give you one good piece of advice: NEVER give up shit/ your dreams for your significant other (unless of course you are married/ have kids etc.) because you will 100% regret it down the track.
That internship is like your fucking dream no? Say you turn it down and then a week later she breaks up with you, guarantee you will totally be hating her existence for eternity if that happens. Long distance is a bitch but it can be done, second chance with adidas might never pop up again.
[/old man advice]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:57:48 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4013 on: June 27, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »
^^^

All of that.
you never know about pre-cum 

Jake From State Farm

Jordick

« Reply #4015 on: June 27, 2016, 11:13:19 PM »
Thought I had to work tomorrow and checked and saw that I don't work til the 5th. Fuck

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4016 on: June 28, 2016, 02:07:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Mate! I know you're pretty young (and I know absolutely NOTHING about your girl apart from the fact that she often gets jelly) but as an old fart I will give you one good piece of advice: NEVER give up shit/ your dreams for your significant other (unless of course you are married/ have kids etc.) because you will 100% regret it down the track.
That internship is like your fucking dream no? Say you turn it down and then a week later she breaks up with you, guarantee you will totally be hating her existence for eternity if that happens. Long distance is a bitch but it can be done, second chance with adidas might never pop up again.
[/old man advice]

Yeah man, I'm not even thinking of not doing it, I really want to do this, and i would regret it so much for not trying.  I'm just bummed as fuck to see her this way. I never saw her cry this hard. I know she is the one too, not just a young relationship, we are really close to eachother. She is still studying and has 2 more years to finish her master's degree, so she is like anchored to Portugal.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4017 on: June 28, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »
It sucks but she's either got to fall in line or cry for the rest of her life. This is a big shot that you would be dumb to pass up.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4018 on: June 28, 2016, 12:02:20 PM »
send it to them.
they randomly asked some instagrammer to hand in their portfolio and kinda offered an internship to some random guy - in this case you - that means a lot. like the other ones already said: you HAVE to go for it. golden opportunity right thurr

straight

« Reply #4019 on: June 28, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
u should pm gip for advice