Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709370 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4050 on: July 18, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »
I've been posting about this ebay debacle in the not stoked thread, some guy was trying to return a set of trucks I had sold him, but there was nothing wrong with them. Turns out he's super confused and I'm not even the seller he was looking for. Anyway, he fucking insists it's me, even though these are indy 215s and I sold him a new set of tensors... I'm telling him no, wrong person, don't send them, I'm calling ebay saying wtf, why are you letting him return these to the wrong person. They side in his favor, I call back and get that shit reversed and get my money back after he sends me pics of some the indys. So he fucking mails me these 215s anyway, even though I won the case. The original sellers name and address are even on the box he used, just taped a label over it. I call ebay, they tell me to keep them, they decided the case in my favor and he wasn't supposed to mail them. I'm not paying to mail them back. So I basically got a set of stage 10 215s that need bushings for free. I feel kind of bad though because this dude is super confused.
you never know about pre-cum 

glutton.

« Reply #4051 on: July 18, 2016, 05:32:59 PM »
I got some weird rash around my veins, where I donated blood two months ago. The area where they stuck the needle was inflamed, as well. Luckily, it went away within minutes after I stopped scratching it. I'm really hoping I didn't catch anything but am unsure whether to go back to Red Cross or go see a general physician.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4052 on: July 20, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
Going on holidays at the weekend - stoked
Got an email from one of my favourite clients (self-employed motion graphics guy here) asking me to work on a project with them on the exact weeks I'm away.  Can't do it, this happens every single time I go away somewhere, without fail - not stoked.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4053 on: July 21, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
booked barca for the day after tomorrow (this saturday) for a week until next saturday. stoked
my passport is expired. not that much stoked.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4054 on: July 22, 2016, 05:35:15 AM »
We are 138!......sorry, had to say that(see page #)
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4055 on: July 22, 2016, 06:30:53 AM »
I'm leading a 30 minute presentation for about 80 people in 6 minutes and this is about how prepared I am

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4056 on: July 22, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
Stoked that I'll finally going to put my teeth implants in the end of next month. Not stoked that I will have to wait +/- 2 weeks toothless.

I dont know if I go full Quasimodo mode and dont go out at all, or embrace it and be the Rabbit teeth joke for everyone.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4057 on: July 23, 2016, 01:12:22 AM »
It's my birthday and I'm drunk and alone.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4059 on: July 23, 2016, 04:39:49 AM »
It's my birthday and I'm drunk and alone.

If it makes you feel any better, birthdays are only special for your mom. It's not like it's a milestone for things you've achieved or anything, it only means you haven't died yet. Birthdays are only notable for children, because it's a new concept still, and the very elderly because it could be any minute now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4060 on: July 24, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
Didn't roll much over the weekend but I did have to run some errands so I took the board with me.
Went to (martial arts) training yesterday, had a beer before I went to bed (a bit of rarity for me these days)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bonefish

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4061 on: July 24, 2016, 09:34:25 PM »
my building just installed a central AC.

the vent is right outside my apartment, so when i smoke weed the entire building reeks.

people are complaining

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4062 on: July 25, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »

the vent is right outside my apartment, so when i smoke weed the entire building reeks.

people are complaining

Do they know it's you? If not that sounds kind of fun.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4063 on: July 26, 2016, 02:52:37 PM »
been talking to this girl for like 5 months and i was beginning to feel some type of way, she just moved across the country

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4064 on: July 29, 2016, 09:25:26 PM »

people are complaining
Empty roll of tp stuffed with dryer sheets.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #4065 on: August 03, 2016, 01:54:42 PM »
I spent the past several months binge watching Prison Break and was pretty stoked to finally finish it.

Now it's coming back for at least another season.

Big Sweatpants

• Rep: -66
  • KOOKIN' IT SO FUCKING HARD
« Reply #4066 on: August 03, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote

people are complaining
[close]
Empty roll of tp stuffed with dryer sheets.
Quit smoking weed, start snorting dope.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4067 on: August 03, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
got my top two wisdom teeth yanked. i am happy yet sore
even the steven

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4068 on: August 03, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
Today was wierd.
I got my first payment drawing shoes
Then I almost died drowned by my best friend.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4069 on: August 03, 2016, 04:51:55 PM »
Today was wierd.

Your best friend tried to drown you?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4070 on: August 03, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Today was wierd.

[close]

Happened to me when I was a kid. My best friend decided to trap my head between his thighs when I dove under the pool. I had to scream and scratch him for him to let me out. In retrospect, that was kinda fucked up.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4071 on: August 03, 2016, 06:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Today was wierd.

[close]

[close]

Happened to me when I was a kid. My best friend decided to trap my head between his thighs when I dove under the pool. I had to scream and scratch him for him to let me out. In retrospect, that was kinda fucked up.

Nope, I was at this place that is a little lake with some friends, then one of them throws me to the water. I'm not the best swimmer but i can swim decently (i guess). Then my BF, thinking he had feet at that place jumps to the water right behind me. He doesnt know how to swim so he just grabs me and start pushing me to the buttom so he could breath. I was caught by surprise, since he was behind me and got deep in the water, without force to push me back to top because he's pushing me down. My other friends are there, just staring, not doing anything, because they dont know that he doesnt know how to swim and thought he was just kidding. When one finally jump he releases me and I finally managed to get to the shore. I swallowed so much water that my stomach hurts now. Near death experience.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4072 on: August 03, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »
That's heavy man, glad you're okay

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4073 on: August 03, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
That's heavy man, glad you're okay

Yeah, we laught after, but now that I think about it that could have ended really bad for both. Now he is all bummed and feeling guilty for pushing me down... He should had checked the deepness first tho. Shitty situation, glad there was someone to help at least.
I'm strictly kid's pool for now on! ahah

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4074 on: August 03, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Today was wierd.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nope, I was at this place that is a little lake with some friends, then one of them throws me to the water. I'm not the best swimmer but i can swim decently (i guess). Then my BF, thinking he had feet at that place jumps to the water right behind me. He doesnt know how to swim so he just grabs me and start pushing me to the buttom so he could breath. I was caught by surprise, since he was behind me and got deep in the water, without force to push me back to top because he's pushing me down. My other friends are there, just staring, not doing anything, because they dont know that he doesnt know how to swim and thought he was just kidding. When one finally jump he releases me and I finally managed to get to the shore. I swallowed so much water that my stomach hurts now. Near death experience.

That's really scarey! :0

I almost drowned too.

It was probably October in Arizona, so the weather was just starting to cool down a little bit from summer. Some friends and I decided to go up north where it's a bit cooler and has some rivers. We got to a river, and the water was absolutely freezing, but we were swimming anyways. We were the only ones there because no one in the right mind would be enjoying this freezing water, not to mention it was almost sundown. There was a small cliff jump that we were jumping off, and we finally decided to call it quits, but not before a friendly challenge.

We came up with the idea to jump in the freezing water and swim down the river to this shore that was a little bit aways. We all jumped in and started swimming. What we didn't know was that the water was deep. We were swimming and swimming and we were all getting tired. We started to freak out because we couldnt touch the bottom. The cold water was starting to make us immobile. Our heads were going up down underneath the water, coughing, gasping for air, slowing down. I knew I was going to drown. We could not swim to the sides because they were straight flat rock that was 90 degrees, so there was no way out.

Out of sheer luck, I managed to find a huge pointed rock with my foot that was big enough for one person. I paused and let everyone know. We took turns in a ine standing on a rock for a breif moment to regain strength and swim to the said shore. We sat on that shore for a good 30 mins in silence. We all almost died. It was fucked. Drowning has to be the most terrifying way to die.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4075 on: August 04, 2016, 08:10:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Today was wierd.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's really scarey! :0

I almost drowned too.

It was probably October in Arizona, so the weather was just starting to cool down a little bit from summer. Some friends and I decided to go up north where it's a bit cooler and has some rivers. We got to a river, and the water was absolutely freezing, but we were swimming anyways. We were the only ones there because no one in the right mind would be enjoying this freezing water, not to mention it was almost sundown. There was a small cliff jump that we were jumping off, and we finally decided to call it quits, but not before a friendly challenge.

We came up with the idea to jump in the freezing water and swim down the river to this shore that was a little bit aways. We all jumped in and started swimming. What we didn't know was that the water was deep. We were swimming and swimming and we were all getting tired. We started to freak out because we couldnt touch the bottom. The cold water was starting to make us immobile. Our heads were going up down underneath the water, coughing, gasping for air, slowing down. I knew I was going to drown. We could not swim to the sides because they were straight flat rock that was 90 degrees, so there was no way out.

Out of sheer luck, I managed to find a huge pointed rock with my foot that was big enough for one person. I paused and let everyone know. We took turns in a ine standing on a rock for a breif moment to regain strength and swim to the said shore. We sat on that shore for a good 30 mins in silence. We all almost died. It was fucked. Drowning has to be the most terrifying way to die.

Damn, that's awful!! You all got really lucky!
Drowning always was a big fear of mine... Althrough I can swim now I never put myself in danger when I'm on water. I usually just swim by the shore, where i know I can pause and breathe. This time was awful because it was unexpected. I think my friend will not touch in water for a long time! ahah

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4076 on: August 08, 2016, 05:39:48 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4077 on: August 08, 2016, 08:57:13 AM »
so my fiancee has wanted a paddle board for the past year or so and finally bought one a few days ago. shes really happy about it and got a pretty good deal, so im stoked for her, expecially since she doesnt really have hobbies like i do. other than that, i hate the fucking thing. its 10 feet long and weighs a fucking ton and is just a giant pain in the ass to haul back and forth to the lake. we also dont have a ton of room in our apartment, so the damn thing is in the way no matter where we put it. i have no idea what im going to do with it because its not just going to sit in the middle of the room and block walkways for the rest of the summer and i cant keep it outside because i know someone would steal it.

i just wanted to vent. i dont want to get pissed at her about it because i really want her to have some kind of hobby that she gets excited about doing. we do a good amount of fun stuff as a family, but she has nothing that she does just for herself.

straight

« Reply #4078 on: August 08, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
My brother in law is a big wig at Tesla in Europe and just told us he is shipping us a model S (radio flyer for my son).

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4079 on: August 08, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »
nice giant paddle in the ass story JB