Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709536 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4140 on: October 16, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »
FINALLY

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4141 on: October 16, 2016, 09:38:49 PM »
i wasn't kidding, idk where to post this shit but here it is
every clip of pj ladd in WHL (i think)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:12:36 AM by ducky darnsworth »

shark tits

« Reply #4142 on: October 17, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
Domestic disturbance on my 3rd floor & long story short I got to kick my brother in the head 2 x. If anyone remembers my posts over the yrs, he's hit me w/ an axe, planted percosets for my mom to find, called cops & all around been a pice of garbage for the last 3 yrs.
People who are on about violence are corny but damn, felt good to burst kids nose.
I was playing LOVE PARK soccer.

glutton.

« Reply #4143 on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I skipped work to talk a friend out of committing suicide.
[close]

added stoke to the lifelong leverage you just gained on said friend
[close]
Yeah, because that's what it's about. Getting leverage on your friends.
I lost my job because I went in two hours late. My boss asked me why, and I told her I had to deal with something personal. I didn't give her the full story because I didn't want her to think I was making some shitty excuse. I don't have a job, at the moment, but I've had more time to skate and chill with my dog. I'm going to find a server/bartender job until I get an actual job, so I don't dig into my savings and/or pile out.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4144 on: October 22, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
Just got my first job it's at a collections office, which has me feeling guilty. Pay is good but, I have to get used to getting up early and while it's not bad I'm not used to it since grade school. Plus the guiltiness and me being soft might not mix very well. There's also a cute girl working there which is nice.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4145 on: October 22, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
My dad just turned 75 years old today

He is now three times as old as me, and the main reason I find the archetype of the neglectful and emotionally unavailable shitty 50s dad super funny.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4146 on: October 23, 2016, 07:42:24 PM »
Staying up all night watching Black Mirror cause my job doesn't start for another week and fuck it

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4147 on: October 24, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »
Not Stoked: When people ruin the walking dead with spoilers all over social media. I think thats like the number one show people love fucking posting spoilers about

Stoked: I did laugh at one meme about it though

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4148 on: October 24, 2016, 11:43:10 PM »
Found out I need glasses.
Stoked on being able to see better again.
Not stoked on how fucking expensive it is.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4149 on: October 25, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »
I needed a new computer for video editing because my current one just can't keep up anymore. I finally bought a brand new desktop computer to edit projects at home, but I have been too busy to be alone and use it. I wish I could just cancel all my tasks/agenda and crawl into my office and edit for like two days straight.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4150 on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »
All you need to know is your prescription. I was bummed my glasses broke but, my aunt shared this site with me
http://www.zennioptical.com/

Also, some slap pals shared a link to a place you can get name brand glasses for half the price or something.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4151 on: October 26, 2016, 05:27:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
All you need to know is your prescription. I was bummed my glasses broke but, my aunt shared this site with me

Also, some slap pals shared a link to a place you can get name brand glasses for half the price or something.

warbyparker.com has lenses and frames for $95 (or they were $95 last time I got some)

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4152 on: October 26, 2016, 11:44:22 AM »
So yesterday all these cops and paramedics pull up at my neighbors house(elderly man). Come to find out he'd been murdered. His stepson was charged with it around lunch time today. Stoked they figured it out so quick. Crazy thing is I spent a fortune moving to a nice rural area to get out of the city with a terrible crime rate to get away from shit like this...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #4153 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
PAGING SHARK TITS!! I'm a contractor and the mason just delivered a few pallet of bricks to the job site. Underneath one of the pallets was a beehive. Bees flying all over the place but we watered en out and most are gone. And I took a big chunk of he honeycomb out and now I've got a big old mason jar full of fresh honey. Stoked

shark tits

« Reply #4154 on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:02 PM »
Damn tempgnar, I don't know if you're in my area but I would've took them girls home!
Sucks unless you're somewhere warm they will surely perish. Fresh honeycomb rules!

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4155 on: October 26, 2016, 12:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

warbyparker.com has lenses and frames for $95 (or they were $95 last time I got some)

Yeah my mom got a pair from them too, she's happy with them and they look good
I think they still donate a pair of glasses for every pair sold, which is definitely one of the better sales gimmicks

The only thing is they advertise super heavy on a lot of podcasts I listen to, I kind of  can't stand to hear the name anymore

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4156 on: October 27, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
Got one of those keurig coffee things, and it's sick cause it's quick and easy before i head to work.

but every Kcup ive bought fucking blows. Can anyone give a good recommendation for some Kcups to buy?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4157 on: October 27, 2016, 10:21:01 AM »
Got one of those keurig coffee things, and it's sick cause it's quick and easy before i head to work.

but every Kcup ive bought fucking blows. Can anyone give a good recommendation for some Kcups to buy?

Dunkin donuts, thats what i always get

Jordick

« Reply #4158 on: October 27, 2016, 11:08:02 AM »
Probably going to end the quarter with all a's and a c. I might be able to bump it to a b today.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4159 on: October 27, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »
So I already got a callback from the University that's conducting this paid study on weight gain associated with quitting smoking through the use of nicotine patches

The interview went really well, and nothing came up that would even come close to disqualifying me, and I even played up how badly I want to quit smoking, so she'd know I'd take the program seriously

BUT

I really tried to be honest, and admitted that I had a seizure a little over a year ago.

She said that definitely didn't automatically disqualify me, especially since I'm not epileptic, but she would have to talk to the people above her, just to get the 100% that it's cool. She's gonna let me know in like a week or two, either way.

like always, shoulda just lied...

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4160 on: October 27, 2016, 05:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Getting a pet bunny was the best thing I've done in quite a while. It's fun to take care of it, watch it play, and see it grow. The only problem is having to deal with my dog. He's an old dog and is upset at the presence of the rabbit. I need someone to help me introduce them to each other and make them get used to being in the same world. I'm still not going to let them hang out together, one bite is all it takes.
[close]

Quoth that one Offspring song everyone knows (and isn't about pranks or white guys), we gotta keep 'em separated. I tried to let them both loose and at a distance. Wasn't feeling, so I picked the rabbit up and showed it to the dog. The dog tried to bite the rabbit's head off! If the rabbit didn't die of a heart attack from this, nothing ever will.
Maybe keep the bunny in a towel or some sort of rag and get the dog used to the bunny. Kinda like how people do with babies

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4161 on: October 30, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »
3rd wedding anniversary, wife got me a watch.. stoked, but its the kind of watch i would never buy for myself.. not stoked.

now i'm stressing, do i tell her im not keen on it and risk upsetting her/ visiting the doghouse but maybe getting a nicer watch out of it or do i just wear it a couple times then put it in the dresser drawer for the rest of my life and let the money go to waste?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4162 on: October 30, 2016, 06:40:13 PM »
What sort of watch are we talking?
Watches are strange business; I wouldn't let anyone by one for me unless they consulted with me first because of about 136 different factors

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4163 on: October 31, 2016, 12:50:47 AM »
totally! its bamboo with a brown leather strap... its not horrible, just not at all my style. its weird how far off the mark it is as she is normally awesome at getting exactly the right thing.

tough call

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4164 on: October 31, 2016, 06:29:54 AM »
watches are really tough gifts. my fiancee got me a fossil watch last christmas that i wasnt crazy about. it wasnt terrible either, but it had a brown face and a black bezel that i didnt think went well together. definitely not something i wouldve ever picked out for myself. the leather band also gave me a really bad rash on my wrist if i ever got it wet. i think it got stolen over the summer when i took it off to go swimming at the apartment pool because i havent seen it in months. i always wear a beater timex watch and i think she wanted me to have something a little nicer, but what i like about the timex is that i can wear it without worrying about beating it up.

after my grandpa died, my grandma gave me a tag watch that she bought him and ive never worn it. shes really cheap and i can tell that she bought the cheapest one they had. the face it tiny and the band big and chunky. way too disproportionate to look good. every time i see her she asks about it because im never wearing it and i just say that im too afraid to ruin it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4165 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
totally! its bamboo with a brown leather strap... its not horrible
okay wow ... yeah I couldn't rock that I don't think. I think we need to start a horology thread stat

watches are really tough gifts. my fiancee got me a fossil watch last christmas that i wasnt crazy about.
i always wear a beater timex watch and i think she wanted me to have something a little nicer, but what i like about the timex is that i can wear it without worrying about beating it up.
When I started my current job I decided I needed to go out and buy a "good" watch and ended up buying a fossil :D I mean they're not terrible but I could have gotten so much better considering what I paid for it (like I easily could have purchased an automatic orient or something similar) and it's not even automatic. Fossil aren't necessarily terrible watches but a lot of the time I find them too over-sized and too over-blinged for my liking these days. I still rock it when I'm all suited up but I wish I bought a hamilton or something nicer instead.
I think the more you get into watches, the more you get drawn towards simple stuff (like your timex beater for example). I'm actually looking into getting a Seiko 5 at the moment and getting rid of a Nixon (lol) that I bought because Reynolds looked cool in it. Horology is a bit of rabbit hole but after knowing what I now know, I would NEVER buy a watch for anyone unless I consulted with them first.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4166 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
My 666th post was about Chris Lambert.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4167 on: November 01, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
okay wow ... yeah I couldn't rock that I don't think. I think we need to start a horology thread stat

Expand Quote
watches are really tough gifts. my fiancee got me a fossil watch last christmas that i wasnt crazy about.
i always wear a beater timex watch and i think she wanted me to have something a little nicer, but what i like about the timex is that i can wear it without worrying about beating it up.
[close]
When I started my current job I decided I needed to go out and buy a "good" watch and ended up buying a fossil :D I mean they're not terrible but I could have gotten so much better considering what I paid for it (like I easily could have purchased an automatic orient or something similar) and it's not even automatic. Fossil aren't necessarily terrible watches but a lot of the time I find them too over-sized and too over-blinged for my liking these days. I still rock it when I'm all suited up but I wish I bought a hamilton or something nicer instead.
I think the more you get into watches, the more you get drawn towards simple stuff (like your timex beater for example). I'm actually looking into getting a Seiko 5 at the moment and getting rid of a Nixon (lol) that I bought because Reynolds looked cool in it. Horology is a bit of rabbit hole but after knowing what I now know, I would NEVER buy a watch for anyone unless I consulted with them first.

yeah dude, definitely an aquired taste.. its weird cos she knows what i like, and what i wear.. nothing that wold suggest i would pick this thing! ive been doing loads of woodwork recently so maybe she thought the wood thing would be cool.. i dunno. its definitely thrown me for a spin. SHe said yesterday that she has had it hidden for months, so I cant even try for an exchange to something less bamboo haha

ive nevber really thought about how much goes into picking a watch.. its complicated shit huh

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #4168 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »
had some amazing sex last night but only for like 3.5 hours of sleep as a result. gonna be late to work...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #4169 on: November 02, 2016, 05:44:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah dude, definitely an aquired taste.. its weird cos she knows what i like, and what i wear.. nothing that wold suggest i would pick this thing! ive been doing loads of woodwork recently so maybe she thought the wood thing would be cool.. i dunno. its definitely thrown me for a spin. SHe said yesterday that she has had it hidden for months, so I cant even try for an exchange to something less bamboo haha

ive nevber really thought about how much goes into picking a watch.. its complicated shit huh
i like to get a $1 digital watch from the thrift store, cut the band off, and wear it in my pocket