Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709363 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4170 on: November 02, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
had some amazing sex last night but only for like 3.5 hours of sleep as a result. gonna be late to work...
Totally worth it
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #4171 on: November 02, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »
Expand Quote
had some amazing sex last night but only for like 3.5 hours of sleep as a result. gonna be late to work...
[close]
Totally worth it

hell yeah man! i had a good batch of some super strong cold brew i made so thats been helping me.. plus i got left over hamburger pizza i cant wait to fucking eat for lunch!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4172 on: November 02, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Totally worth it
[close]

hell yeah man! i had a good batch of some super strong cold brew i made so thats been helping me.. plus i got left over hamburger pizza i cant wait to fucking eat for lunch!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4173 on: November 03, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
So, today I've finished this task the Adidas guy sent me and I'm actually stoked with the shoes I designed and how it came out. I'm just nervous as fuck to hear their feedback. This past two weeks I havent been going to my highschool classes to have time for the Adidas project so I havent done shit and i'm late in lot's of stuff. I'm on the last year of my painting degree but I'm so over it. I feel demotivated as hell and I cant focus on that stuff anymore, so I'm kinda worried the Adidas thing doesnt work, all my commitment was in vein and I'm left with those classes that dont mean shit to me anymore.  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4174 on: November 03, 2016, 05:35:26 PM »
Hope things work out for the best, but wow didn't realize what a young'n you are
Whatever happens, you're ahead of the game for your age

Mongoloid

« Reply #4175 on: November 03, 2016, 05:37:10 PM »
So, today I've finished this task the Adidas guy sent me and I'm actually stoked with the shoes I designed and how it came out. I'm just nervous as fuck to hear their feedback. This past two weeks I havent been going to my highschool classes to have time for the Adidas project so I havent done shit and i'm late in lot's of stuff. I'm on the last year of my painting degree but I'm so over it. I feel demotivated as hell and I cant focus on that stuff anymore, so I'm kinda worried the Adidas thing doesnt work, all my commitment was in vein and I'm left with those classes that dont mean shit to me anymore.� :-\

I don't know the significance of the degree other than the fact that it's a time investment. More importantly you are naturally gifted artistically, and those are things that can't be taught through lessons or schooling. There will be many a times your artistic endeavors will amount to naught, but you mustn't allow that to diminish your determination. They are not failures, but learning experiences. If this Adidas thing doesn't work out you have to view it as a stepping stone guiding you in the direction of your goals.

Your commitment will never be in vain, but rather a small part of accumulative experiences that shape you into what you will eventually become.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4176 on: November 03, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »
Wait wait. You're still in high school? I thought you were like in your early 20s...

Hope things work out for the best, but wow didn't realize what a young'n you are

Fuck, I mispelled, I'm not on highschool! I'm on university and I'm 22. ahaha I have my fingers crossed and I'm positive I did a good work. Let's wait to see how it goes. I'll let you guys know for sure!

Expand Quote
So, today I've finished this task the Adidas guy sent me and I'm actually stoked with the shoes I designed and how it came out. I'm just nervous as fuck to hear their feedback. This past two weeks I havent been going to my highschool classes to have time for the Adidas project so I havent done shit and i'm late in lot's of stuff. I'm on the last year of my painting degree but I'm so over it. I feel demotivated as hell and I cant focus on that stuff anymore, so I'm kinda worried the Adidas thing doesnt work, all my commitment was in vein and I'm left with those classes that dont mean shit to me anymore.� :-\
[close]

I don't know the significance of the degree other than the fact that it's a time investment. More importantly you are naturally gifted artistically, and those are things that can't be taught through lessons or schooling. There will be many a times your artistic endeavors will amount to naught, but you mustn't allow that to diminish your determination. They are not failures, but learning experiences. If this Adidas thing doesn't work out you have to view it as a stepping stone guiding you in the direction of your goals.

Your commitment will never be in vain, but rather a small part of accumulative experiences that shape you into what you will eventually become.

Damn man, that was deep! Thank's for those words. Yeah, my only drawback now it's the time I lost with this. I know It's not in vein because I learnt a lot with my school experiencies and I do know this degree helped me to have a another approach to shoe design and art in general. That could be what they saw that was special in me. I'm just not seeing the appeal of it anymore, like I'm not learning anything new, just doing things to please my "teachers", that's why I dont want to go back... Anyway, thanks again man! I'll keep positive.  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4177 on: November 03, 2016, 07:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Wait wait. You're still in high school? I thought you were like in your early 20s...
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck, I mispelled, I'm not on highschool! I'm on university and I'm 22. ahaha I have my fingers crossed and I'm positive I did a good work. Let's wait to see how it goes. I'll let you guys know for sure!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn man, that was deep! Thank's for those words. Yeah, my only drawback now it's the time I lost with this. I know It's not in vein because I learnt a lot with my school experiencies and I do know this degree helped me to have a another approach to shoe design and art in general. That could be what they saw that was special in me. I'm just not seeing the appeal of it anymore, like I'm not learning anything new, just doing things to please my "teachers", that's why I dont want to go back... Anyway, thanks again man! I'll keep positive.  ;)
At least this Adidas project looks good on your resume and when you apply to other shoe brands you can say you have the experience. School can feel like a drag but you have to find a way to stick to it.

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #4178 on: November 04, 2016, 02:06:57 AM »
made good money at the bar i work at but had a 14 hour shift o.0

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #4179 on: November 04, 2016, 02:29:15 AM »
So, today I've finished this task the Adidas guy sent me and I'm actually stoked with the shoes I designed and how it came out. I'm just nervous as fuck to hear their feedback. This past two weeks I havent been going to my highschool classes to have time for the Adidas project so I havent done shit and i'm late in lot's of stuff. I'm on the last year of my painting degree but I'm so over it. I feel demotivated as hell and I cant focus on that stuff anymore, so I'm kinda worried the Adidas thing doesnt work, all my commitment was in vein and I'm left with those classes that dont mean shit to me anymore.  :-\
are the shoes covered in self-portraits?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4180 on: November 04, 2016, 02:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are the shoes covered in self-portraits?

Yeah that's why I'm worried they dont like em. I wouldnt like to see my ugly face that many times either!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #4181 on: November 04, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
spent 20 minutes discussing Pappalardo's demise with my therapist.
I have a pops complex, great.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4182 on: November 04, 2016, 08:22:01 PM »
Today was a crazy day, so I got more stuff to tell on here (I love this thread).

Karma hit me so hard today I just can laugh about it. So, the start. I was wainting for about a month (or more) for a payment for this work I did for the Staple Pigeon brand. After lots of preasure by my side, they finally sent me an Email past week telling me my payment was (finally) made, but till today I aint got shit on my account, so I went to my bank store and asked if some payment was made to my account and they told me nothing was there and nothing was made in the past days, that maybe they were lying to me when they told me the payment was made. I got really pissed because I was wainting for such a long time already and I just couldnt take it anymore so I just sent a rant mail to Jeff Staple asking for my money and saying that if I didnt had the funds next week it would go public.
About 20 mins after this I got a mail from DHL telling me they had something for me, but they couldnt deliver it because they had an error on the address, so I just went to the DHL shop and it was this pair of shoes they were supposed to send me a while ago but never got to my doorstep. I felt so stupid that I sent other email apologizing for the rant but that the money was still missing.
So when I finally arrive home with a new pair of shoes on my feet I get a call, that started strange as fuck, but in fact it was somebody from my bank calling me because they had the money there but they werent sure if it was for me, since the transfer was made laking some details. They were about to send the money back to the Staple brand again, but now I will actually have that money on Monday. I instantly felt even worse and sent a big apologizing mail to Jeff because of my rant mail. So I'm stoked as fuck that I got some new shoes and finally got lot's of money to burn (and save some), but I feel really stupid for that rant mail because I may have fucked some future collabs with them... Bahh fuck it, At least I'm not as poor now! ahah

tl;dr: karma is a bitch, but sometimes a good bitch.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4183 on: November 04, 2016, 09:44:54 PM »
Damn bro! Shoe payment finally resolved, hhuh?

I wouldn't worry about making a bad impression, at least as long as they like your work.

From what you've written, it sounds like they had plenty of time to pay you sooner (and then messed up some paperwork when they did pay). Dunno exactly what was said, but you were in your right to stand your ground, and express that you had felt taken advantage of.

At least now they'll know not to fuck around with $katan'$ pay

Plus new shoes!  &  $$$!!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4184 on: November 05, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »
Damn bro! Shoe payment finally resolved, hhuh?

I wouldn't worry about making a bad impression, at least as long as they like your work.

From what you've written, it sounds like they had plenty of time to pay you sooner (and then messed up some paperwork when they did pay). Dunno exactly what was said, but you were in your right to stand your ground, and express that you had felt taken advantage of.

At least now they'll know not to fuck around with $katan'$ pay

Plus new shoes!  &  $$$!!

Yeah, I mean no bad for the brand. This work was actually really dope to do and a great opportunity. My first big project. I just felt a lack of communication by their side. They respond me lots of time with a big delay or sometimes even ignore me. So I was starting to fell hopeless. People around me were always saying that maybe they scammed me, so that didnt help too.
I spend about a month in home drawing for more than 10h a day at times just to do it under the deadline and I didnt had any garantee by their side other than some mails. It was not an easy job that I could just ignore and wait forever. The thing is, only about 3 weeks after the end of the project was the first time Jeff told me that their payments were made 30 days after, if that was told from the start I wouldnt think that was a made up excuse and would be peacefully waiting. The lack of info and answers was what I didnt liked and got me pissed.
Well, but everything's good now, I can finally buy my girlfriend a cool gift like she deserves so I'm happy.  :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4185 on: November 06, 2016, 12:53:50 AM »
Stoked that I gained 8 pounds of mass and been lifting like crazy. Not stoked that my abs are gone and it will take some insane effort to get shredded until june.

Stoked that I'm eating like a madman. Not stoked that I have a cold right now and all I can do is wait and bleed.. I mean, wait and eat.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #4186 on: November 06, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
Had my first session in about a month give or take, got super tired really quickly and my legs are hella sore today.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4187 on: November 06, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »
stoked:
- got to go for a (quick) roll with my boy on Sat morning
- still warm enough out there to skate
- went back to (sword) training for the first time in a month yesterday
- going to bangkok this weekend
- that means AMAZING food/ fruit
- thinking about getting a new tatt, will go and see the artist on thurs.

not stoked:
- runny nose. it always happens at this time of year when I bring out the winter clothes. fucking dust :'(
- that muscle pain is gunna be kicking in sometime after lunch today and I know I'm going to be walking/ moving like an old man
- bangkok trip is for work

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #4188 on: November 06, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »
I have gas but my farts are unscented

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4189 on: November 06, 2016, 09:38:37 PM »
if you reheat a mcdonalds cheeseburgers it tastes like dead people

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4190 on: November 06, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »
i bet

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4191 on: November 07, 2016, 07:23:14 PM »
if you reheat a mcdonalds cheeseburgers it tastes like dead people

After supersize me I fazed McDonald's off my diet. I can get coffee from there but anything else leaves me feeling disgusting.
It may be because I trained myself or whatever but, everything but the fries are gross

shark tits

« Reply #4192 on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
'don't supersize, romanticize' --- julien stranger
stoked my dumbass brother has a warrant for going to the neighbor's w/ a hammer, opening the door and entering then brandishing the tool cum weapon when the kid was home.
didn't bash any heads but he finally did something to get on the cops radar and not just fuck w/ me.
not stoked that he doesn't answer the door so i get cops in my front hall twice a day banging on a door. think i might write a note telling them he goes to methadone clinic between 6 and 8 am every day. just swoop him up getting into the mystic cab.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4193 on: November 07, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
Can you get your bro to make an account here? I need both sides of these stories

shark tits

« Reply #4194 on: November 07, 2016, 07:50:03 PM »
heh, if he skated maybe but i care about the integrity of slap too much. he can varial flip and a couple tricks at 2 miles an hour but he doesn't love it. i have too much respect for you fulltechnicalskizzy and everyone else who posts to encourage posting by someone who isn't in love w/ skating.
his story is he was 'collecting rent' cause the kid stayed for a month, wrote my mom a bad check, did drugs w/ the rent money and left. my brother decides today is the day his life will surely change by shaking neighbor down/rifling through his possessions. the hammer was just in case cause neighbor kid is on the american side of the fat spectrum. dude thinks there's 'self defense' in a home invasion..... shtoops!

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4195 on: November 08, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »
Haven't smoked a cig in 2 days, but I think my ankle is broken so I been laid up all weekend and a cig would be choice. Hopefully quitting helps me heal up a lil faster.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4196 on: November 11, 2016, 08:26:01 AM »
I'm getting transferred at work. Back from an office to a technician position. I'm stoked because the work hours are more flexible, I'll have the morning free and arrive home early enough everyday. No 2-hour lunch break anymore, which is a pain in the ass. The office life kills me and I feel unproductive, useless, and tired of the bullshit. But changes are changes and I hate them, and I won't get to sit on my ass all day long anymore. Still it's the only way for me to stay at my job without going nuts.

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #4197 on: November 11, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
Driving...this chick to my right wanted to talk to me, probably compliment my '58 bug...motioning me to roll down my window. But I got manual windows and too lazy to do the old reach over mrthod, so I just stared back at her and shrugged my shoulders. She looked puzzled.

shark tits

« Reply #4198 on: November 14, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »
my brother got a home invasion charge. lata for you, pal.
i've got magic mushrooms coming to me in a wk or so. hopefully i get em while the fall foliage is still partially in the trees and enjoy the scenery and focus on skating. not stoked i don't have anyone to trip w/.

glutton.

« Reply #4199 on: November 14, 2016, 05:10:04 PM »
I bought a Dwindle board.