Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709342 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4200 on: November 14, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
Stoked that I got invited to a friendsgiving event and my friend is helping me make some sort of chicken. Also, my friends-friend that supposedly has a crush on me asked that i be invited and she's cute/cool.
Not stoked on that today I found out the 3rd girl I've been crushing on already has a boyfriend. Also, the girl I mentioned is into coke and I she invited me to some.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Jordick

« Reply #4201 on: November 15, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »
I bought a Dwindle board.
dwindle boards are nice, just run small, I feel.

lilpeen

« Reply #4202 on: November 15, 2016, 07:17:38 PM »
Ima hit up the nut house and detox, get that shit over with. Then get the fuck outta this state. Fuck. Needs to be done.

glutton.

« Reply #4203 on: November 15, 2016, 07:31:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I bought a Dwindle board.
[close]
dwindle boards are nice, just run small, I feel.
I like the slightly shorter wheelbase/length, because flip tricks take less effort. Crailtap and Dwindle have good shapes but they lose their pop quickly. It takes 2-3 times as long for Deluxe/Theories boards to feel like that. [I haven't had a Chocolate board in a while, so I don't know how Crailtap's wood is these days.]

edit: I deleted my Facebook because of all the stupid, ignorant, or straight-up bigoted shit. It really got to me when I saw someone with a kid bragging about not getting vaccines...they used the debunked study from that British doctor, to back up their claims. Also, all the political shit got annoying.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 07:37:45 PM by glutton. »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4204 on: November 16, 2016, 05:34:28 AM »
you dont have to delete your fb. just stop going on it. i quit doing it like 5 or 6 years ago and just left it up because i didnt want to start over on spotify.

does anyone know if social media rehab is a thing yet? if it isnt, i feel like its going to be in the near future. some people are way too over the top with that shit and it cant be healthy.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4205 on: November 19, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »
Back home for Thanksgiving break, never thought I would be happy to eat veggies.
Bad thing is my friend took my regular board and I had to bring my cruiser/curb killer hybrid. Which is a 9" and makes regular street skating a pain in the ass

lilpeen

« Reply #4206 on: November 20, 2016, 12:17:37 PM »
Panic, vertigo, hallucinations. But that means Im on the right track to getting off. I woulda fucked with the wu-tang before I fucked with this clonazolam shit.

Nate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #4207 on: November 20, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »
my brother got a home invasion charge. lata for you, pal.
i've got magic mushrooms coming to me in a wk or so. hopefully i get em while the fall foliage is still partially in the trees and enjoy the scenery and focus on skating. not stoked i don't have anyone to trip w/.

There is always someone to shroom with

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4208 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »
they just opened an in n out by my house and it's now my guilty pleasure
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4209 on: November 21, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
they just opened an in n out by my house and it's now my guilty pleasure
Surprised your not also complaining about all the new traffic

Also, I'm pretty sure they must do some for of witchcraft. I had pigged out at home and after smelling In N Out I ended with an animal style 3 by 3

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4210 on: November 25, 2016, 08:32:52 PM »
My ankle has been fucking with me for about a month now. It felt good enough to get out and skate for a bit today, I did a sw be 180 5-0 first try ans a few other tricks. Now my ankle feels like shit again

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4211 on: November 26, 2016, 12:04:15 AM »
Lost my voice, it sucks but honestly it probably stopped me from oversharing with my family

Jordick

« Reply #4212 on: November 26, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
my brother got a home invasion charge. lata for you, pal.
i've got magic mushrooms coming to me in a wk or so. hopefully i get em while the fall foliage is still partially in the trees and enjoy the scenery and focus on skating. not stoked i don't have anyone to trip w/.
skating on mushrooms is the best tbh. Too bad I can't do em anymore.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4213 on: November 27, 2016, 06:12:55 AM »
you dont have to delete your fb. just stop going on it. i quit doing it like 5 or 6 years ago and just left it up because i didnt want to start over on spotify.

does anyone know if social media rehab is a thing yet? if it isnt, i feel like its going to be in the near future. some people are way too over the top with that shit and it cant be healthy.

ive been using slap as my social media rehab.   been workin pretty good.

glutton.

« Reply #4214 on: November 27, 2016, 06:24:48 AM »
I got the iPhone 7, after years of having shitty phones, because I never paid more than $100-200 for one. I haven't really kept in touch with my family, so they wanted me to FaceTime them occasionally.

Then, I started looking into Macbooks, but they took out the USB port. The dongle for the iPhone makes sense, if they want peole to switch to Bluetooth. As far as the USB shit goes, it seems as if they want people to store their files on the iCloud. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a laptop under $1500? If not, I'll just get whatever Consumer Reports claim is the best.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4215 on: November 27, 2016, 07:17:00 AM »
I got the iPhone 7, after years of having shitty phones, because I never paid more than $100-200 for one. I haven't really kept in touch with my family, so they wanted me to FaceTime them occasionally.

Then, I started looking into Macbooks, but they took out the USB port. The dongle for the iPhone makes sense, if they want peole to switch to Bluetooth. As far as the USB shit goes, it seems as if they want people to store their files on the iCloud. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a laptop under $1500? If not, I'll just get whatever Consumer Reports claim is the best.

Someday I'll leave the shit phone life. Right now I'm using a Motorola Moto E I bought a couple of years ago, and it's starting to get on my nerves. Too many crashes, the apps are getting too big, and the camera could be better. Planned obsolescence, pretty much. I'm guilty of liking Android and I don't like to jump through Apple's hoops to do simple things, like transferring media to the computer.

I'll only get a new phone if I can get someone to fetch me one from abroad, since I'm not going anytime soon. This phone costed me a hundred dollars in Las Vegas, a fraction of what it would cost in Brazil, even in the better days. I treated myself with a big memory card, too. Then the seller pointed me to a gun range where I fired AK47s with my brother. That was one of the best days in my life.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4216 on: November 28, 2016, 07:03:25 AM »

try to get a previous model if you're not down with the lack of usb. you should be able to get one for around or under $1000. ive owned two macbooks since 07 and ive been happy with both. my current one is a 2012 model i think and works as good as the day i got it.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4217 on: December 02, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »

this new stones cover album is really good. that album art is pathetic though. who lets something like this happen?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4218 on: December 02, 2016, 12:31:24 PM »

this new stones cover album is really good. that album art is pathetic though. who lets something like this happen?

Step 1: open paint
Step 2: click paint bucket
Step 3: click blue
Step 4: dump paint
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4219 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:23 PM »
looks like some half assed stones x pepsi collab

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4220 on: December 03, 2016, 09:54:44 PM »
Not Stoked on being kicked out of the place i've lived in for 14 years, Stoked it gives a chance to clear out most of the shit i've collected over the years. most of it ended up on eBay hopefully just sell it off cheap so i can put down a bond somewhere

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4221 on: December 04, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »
ouch! that sucks Eric. Hopefully you workplace has good insurance.

+ went for a roll with the boy on Saturday
- it's getting cold here so I'm not sure how many more I'll get in before the year ends
+/ - heading to Nepal on Sunday

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4222 on: December 05, 2016, 02:28:41 PM »
Hoping for a speedy recovery Eric
GISM that's pretty cool, it definitely helps with bonding and stuff

Tl;DR:
Met a girl, talked almost all night and didn't get her number. Was too nice to make a move and she wasn't as clear if she wanted to engage in coitus. Also, pushed her away when a possible suitor arrived.

As for my personal story,
       When I drink i tend to go through this stage where I apologize for just about everything. I was at a friend's place and we were hanging out and most of the group disappeared with other people to bump uglies and I was left with a dude and this girl. She was not feeling him and I told him to back off and that girl asked me to stay (even if I offered to walk her home). We ended up talking and she's pretty cool but, it wasn't clear if she was into me and I offered to go to my place and she said she wanted to stay. A bit later a friend come out with a big and a small blanket and we start watching the Perks of Being a Wallflower. She ended up in my arms and we ended up cuddling (she used up all the small blanket) then my apologetic self was bugging her with are you comfortable, should I move my arm, is this ok or should i move. The following morning we were both up and started going over last night and talking more. As everyone else got up, my friend who I've been told has a crush on me and i have feelings for showed up and I kinda pushed the other chick across the couch and said I slept on the floor. Didn't get her number but, I want to keep talking to her and stuff.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:38:59 PM by mynameisnotjeff »

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #4223 on: December 05, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »
Just separated from my partner of 7 years.

On one hand I feel a great sense of freedom and excitement.

On the other I'm bummed out.

I can't tell which one is the real feeling!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4224 on: December 08, 2016, 01:54:15 AM »
fuck.  sorry to hear. all the best for your recovery.
what happenend? didn't catch your story on here.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #4225 on: December 08, 2016, 05:14:08 PM »
fuck, that sounded like the mike mo story only without the golfcart, best of luck to the recovery man.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • personal text
« Reply #4226 on: December 08, 2016, 05:37:49 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck, that sounded like the mike mo story only without the golfcart, best of luck to the recovery man.
[close]

Thanks ducky!

Life looks pretty grim at the moment so any kind words are truly appreciated.

Its a long fuckin day when when you bed ridden.

But many people have it worse, I feel for them thats for damn sure
yeah i feel that, i feel down on myself occasionally but i realized people have way worse conditions than i do and they make it work, which im trying to use get that to motivate myself to do better, but i dont know, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. it's fickle like that.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4227 on: December 08, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »
fuck ricks, that's heavy! sending you some good vibes mate

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4228 on: December 13, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
Trying to quit drinking.  I have been doing the AA thing for years on and off.  I like it, but it wasn't enough.  I kept drinking around meetings, getting a few weeks sober here and there. I signed up for a local program where you can't drink at all.  They piss test you randomly and do that test were they can tell if there has been alcohol in your body for like 3 or 4 days.  It's weird, but I need it.  Such a strange feeling to know you can never drink again.

I'm thinking of adding something like Antabuse (Pill that makes you really sick if you drink), but I'm afraid I'll get it and never take it.  There is also a shot you can get that really lowers cravings. 

I know it will be for the best in the end.  My longest time of abstinence in the past 5 or so years was 68 days.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4229 on: December 13, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
Buying a house.  It should be a decent investment, but it's so expensive to maintain vs an apartment or condo.  Plus things like keeping up the lawn.  Little things are always breaking and shit.  It also takes a lot more effort to keep clean, b/c of the size.  We were trying not to buy too much stuff, but it really is true that people row into their space.