Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709396 times)

shark tits

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4230 on: December 13, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
lampshade, what is the consequence if the program finds out you drank? good luck w/ that and getting a house. took me a bunch of 30 days here, 7 months there before i quit drinking. i think the fact that ya made a few months once means you're on the way. just gotta find something else to do compulsively.

not_ericricks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65
« Reply #4231 on: December 13, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »
Get er done lampshade! If youve done 68 days before youll be fine.

Like mentioned just find other stuff to bide your time

If ya get the house maybe what you think of as downsides will end up being enjoyable and help keep you from drinking?

Myself im nervous as fuck right now. I get my MRI results of my knee injury tomorrow. I guess im just anxious to find out how bad it is and what needs to be done to fix it
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4232 on: December 13, 2016, 12:34:42 PM »
lampshade, what is the consequence if the program finds out you drank? good luck w/ that and getting a house. took me a bunch of 30 days here, 7 months there before i quit drinking. i think the fact that ya made a few months once means you're on the way. just gotta find something else to do compulsively.

No real consequence.  I think you just get booted out of the program.  It is voluntary.  I like AA, but it's so easy to just say, "F-It" and quit going for a few weeks/months and stop calling people.  It's also too easy to drink around going to meetings.  A couple weeks ago my sponsor called me out after a meeting for smelling like Vodka.  He was cool about, but I was pretty embarrassed.  

I need to find an activity I am really into (besides skating).  I think all the years of drinking has made be kind of boring and apathetic.  It was a little surreal after signing up and walking out and seeing all the stores and bars in my neighborhood.  

It's just time for the change.  It will be strange the first few times going out to dinner or watching a sporting event with friends who are drinking.  Thankfully, most of my friends are married and kind of past the party animal phase.  I just don't want to be one of tose dudes who only hangs out with sober people.  

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4233 on: December 17, 2016, 09:41:05 AM »
I'm still hurt (not stoked) but I went to skate today to see how better I was... I still feel my push foot weak but I used my Blazer hi's fully tight to feel safer and managed to land lots of stuff I thought I couldnt yet. My flatground game is decent, I can do flip tricks again, just switch/nollie flips are harder and hurt a bit. I'm stoked on that tho. I hope that in 1 or 2 weeks I'm fully healed.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shark tits

« Reply #4234 on: December 17, 2016, 10:57:06 AM »
yo, that sucks to hear, 20matar. i harvested some propolis [bee glue] and supposedly it grows hair on mice [mice aren't bald but...] like it regrows shaved mice faster than normal and apparently stimulates follicle growth. i've got a few nip jars of vodka/propolis mix and if i find that it works i'll lace you.
the recipe calls for everclear or rubbing alcohol but vodka was the strongest pure liquor at my package store so hopefully it's sufficient enough solvent.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4235 on: December 17, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »
Told my crush I liked her. Didn't get the most favorable response but, at least she doesn't remember so things aren't awkward between us. Hooray for alcohol?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4236 on: December 17, 2016, 02:06:19 PM »
yo, that sucks to hear, 20matar. i harvested some propolis [bee glue] and supposedly it grows hair on mice [mice aren't bald but...] like it regrows shaved mice faster than normal and apparently stimulates follicle growth. i've got a few nip jars of vodka/propolis mix and if i find that it works i'll lace you.
the recipe calls for everclear or rubbing alcohol but vodka was the strongest pure liquor at my package store so hopefully it's sufficient enough solvent.

lol, I'm just going bald and it's OK. But maybe I should try propolis. I know it's great for throat issues... and I know my throat really acts up sometimes. I don't ever consider taking anti-hair loss medication because of the horror stories that I hear about people never getting it up again and stuff like that.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4237 on: December 17, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
There's probably enough going-bald dudes on here to give you a solid customer base of you decided to sell that stuff ST. I'd buy a bottle.

shark tits

« Reply #4238 on: December 17, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
There's probably enough going-bald dudes on here to give you a solid customer base of you decided to sell that stuff ST. I'd buy a bottle.
cool, lemme make sure if it does anything first. hate to be a snake oil salesman but holy shit, if it works?!?!!!

not_ericricks

« Reply #4239 on: December 17, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
Just got my mri results back yesterday and not only did I tear my acl and mcl, I broke my fuckin femur???? Lol ive been walking on it for two weeks ffs.

Emergency surgery is booked. Hopefully they have good dog drugs because im sick of vicodin

shark tits

« Reply #4240 on: December 17, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
you're a tough sonofabitch, eric ricks!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4241 on: December 17, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
Can you get in a doggy dose?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4242 on: December 18, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »
Just got my mri results back yesterday and not only did I tear my acl and mcl, I broke my fuckin femur???? Lol ive been walking on it for two weeks ffs.

Emergency surgery is booked. Hopefully they have good dog drugs because im sick of vicodin

What happened? That's some gnarly shit right there. I'd look things up but I guess you focused.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4243 on: December 18, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
I've moved back to Oslo, which I am stoked on to finally be with my dawgs again.
Not so stoked that I moved away from all the dawgs in Vancouver.

not_ericricks

« Reply #4244 on: December 18, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What happened? That's some gnarly shit right there. I'd look things up but I guess you focused.

Yeah, I was just signing out or something and I accedentally focused. But I was able to sign back in.

The short story, I was about to enter a 10ft deep trench. My legs slipped and i felt a pop in my acl, my leg gave out and i fell into the trench, landing on both feet but with the injured leg hyperextended.

Not sure how the break wasnt found in the xray but its obvious in the mri

Ive hurt my acl before so I was very curious why I was in much more pain than I should have been in lol. I wasnt even on any medication for the first few unbareable days.

I basically begged for pain meds from my dr. Started with t3s and that didnt help. Switched to percocets now and it works but make me feel pretty weird.

Ive never used anything stronger than t3s excpect for morphine a few times when I broken other bones skating

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4245 on: December 18, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I was just signing out or something and I accedentally focused. But I was able to sign back in.

The short story, I was about to enter a 10ft deep trench. My legs slipped and i felt a pop in my acl, my leg gave out and i fell into the trench, landing on both feet but with the injured leg hyperextended.

Not sure how the break wasnt found in the xray but its obvious in the mri

Ive hurt my acl before so I was very curious why I was in much more pain than I should have been in lol. I wasnt even on any medication for the first few unbareable days.

I basically begged for pain meds from my dr. Started with t3s and that didnt help. Switched to percocets now and it works but make me feel pretty weird.

Ive never used anything stronger than t3s excpect for morphine a few times when I broken other bones skating
Still holds up as pretty gnarly. Hoping for a quick recovery in time for skateboarding season.
Still stoked that your job is covering it, pretty sick.

shark tits

« Reply #4246 on: December 19, 2016, 08:21:31 AM »
i've told the story a bunch about taking my 17 yr old brother to juarez a decade ago, shooting up in a culvert where little mexican kids would smoke speed and waking up on a sidewalk w/ my lighter and wallet gone.
i'd always assumed that the reason my left arm had limited mobility for the next 6 wks or so was i'd accidentally hit a nerve or muscle.
on mushrooms the other night i realized it was a stroke.
not stoked on that but kinda stoked i'm resilient.
my 20s were like sylvia plath when she kept trying to drown in the atlantic but she's buoyant so she'd float back to the surface.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4247 on: December 20, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »
Biking to work is a nice workout and makes the commute more fun, but I'm so sore right now. Did it again today, probably won't do it tomorrow. I'd love to skate tonight, but I'm really beat. It takes around 30 minutes. Today I did it in under 30. What sucks is that I leave work way after 10 pm sometimes, so I don't think I can do this on the regular.

not_ericricks

« Reply #4248 on: December 22, 2016, 03:18:27 AM »
Surgery today pals!!!!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4249 on: December 22, 2016, 03:54:36 AM »
Surgery today pals!!!!

Good luck on your gender reassignment

not_ericricks

« Reply #4250 on: December 22, 2016, 05:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Surgery today pals!!!!
[close]

Thanks!!!

So sick of the tuck

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4251 on: December 22, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Surgery today pals!!!!
[close]

[close]

Thanks!!!

So sick of the tuck

Hoping everything goes well!

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #4252 on: December 22, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
Supposed to be 60 here on Christmas.  However, it's also supposed to storm -- was really hoping to skate outdoors  :-[

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4253 on: December 23, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
Got a Kindle Paperwhite as an early xmas present. I feel kind of bad because there are actual books on my shelf I haven't finished, let alone started. Here's to convenience.
you never know about pre-cum 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4254 on: December 24, 2016, 12:34:56 AM »
Supposed to be 60 here on Christmas.  However, it's also supposed to storm -- was really hoping to skate outdoors  :-[

I popped awake like ten minutes ago because I had a sharp fart, then tried to knock myself back out with bong hits, so I took that to mean you were turning 60 years old on Christmas and couldn't fucking believe it.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4255 on: December 24, 2016, 11:10:19 PM »
I put down my cat but she was only my 2nd favorite cat

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #4256 on: December 25, 2016, 03:03:33 PM »
Shaved a ill handlebar mustache this morning, with the soul patch. But I just shaved it off cause I looked like a gay wrestler or something. 

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4257 on: December 27, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »
This is being one windy december, so there are lots of kids (and even some grown-ass men) flying kites. I have to pay more attention on the road when I'm riding my bicycle, the string can cut you pretty deep if if gets in your way. It's fucked up when you have to take road safety advice from the Wu-Tang Clan. A friend got her neck cut from a kite string when she was a kid, the cuts weren't deep but she bled a lot.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4258 on: December 27, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »
are we on some language barrier shit cuz ive never seen a kite and thought "oh shit better watch out before that kite fucks me up"
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4259 on: December 27, 2016, 02:11:19 PM »
are we on some language barrier shit cuz ive never seen a kite and thought "oh shit better watch out before that kite fucks me up"

In Brazil, and for some reason, in the Indian subcontinent, people like to battle with kites. You fly your kite in the sky and try to cut the string of the other kites. To get your kite string really sharp, you coat it with a mixture called cerol, which is ground glass and paste. I know some people in India and Pakistan skip the string and paste shit entirely, and fly their kites with thin metal wire. That's some crazy shit. If you watched The Kite Runner, it shows how people play with kites in Afghanistan.

A lot of kids get hurt by getting cut and shit, but the real danger is in the chase for the falling kites. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who plummeted to death chasing a kite off a hill, who fell from a building, or who just got shocked to death from trying to get a kite that got stuck in a power line. All because of the cheapest toy there is.