Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710015 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4260 on: December 27, 2016, 02:13:25 PM »
Modded my lens to look more like a MK1 for $10  ,Not stoked i cant afford an actual MK1. Oh well, i'm not a pro filmer.

shark tits

« Reply #4261 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:08 PM »
i've said it before and i'll say it again. skateboarding is the safest and most sane decision a person can choose to do in this world.
i hope 'death by kite' at least brings shame on the deceased person's family.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #4262 on: December 27, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
i've said it before and i'll say it again. skateboarding is the safest and most sane decision a person can choose to do in this world.
i hope 'death by kite' at least brings shame on the deceased person's family.

Just made a similar joke to this. My cousin's boyfriend pointed out that the problem with choking on a sausage is not dying but, from a sausage. You just know people are going to call you gay or the shame that it was such a common food. 
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4263 on: December 29, 2016, 05:11:47 AM »
My girlfriend was at the gyno today and it turned out that she was pregnant for a couple of days, but lost the thing(i'not sure of the right word). The doctor said that it happens quite a lot and most women don't even know it. I'm happy and sad at the same time, really strange feeling.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #4264 on: December 29, 2016, 07:19:49 AM »
Really fucking stoked on 20matar posts lately

Bummed on the post above this one
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

7 year old

« Reply #4265 on: December 29, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »
Expand Quote
are we on some language barrier shit cuz ive never seen a kite and thought "oh shit better watch out before that kite fucks me up"
[close]

In Brazil, and for some reason, in the Indian subcontinent, people like to battle with kites. You fly your kite in the sky and try to cut the string of the other kites. To get your kite string really sharp, you coat it with a mixture called cerol, which is ground glass and paste. I know some people in India and Pakistan skip the string and paste shit entirely, and fly their kites with thin metal wire. That's some crazy shit. If you watched The Kite Runner, it shows how people play with kites in Afghanistan.

A lot of kids get hurt by getting cut and shit, but the real danger is in the chase for the falling kites. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who plummeted to death chasing a kite off a hill, who fell from a building, or who just got shocked to death from trying to get a kite that got stuck in a power line. All because of the cheapest toy there is.
where are you from man? all the kites I've seen (in the boring land of Canadia) are pretty non lethal, maybe you could gouge out an eye with a falling one but that's about it.

not_ericricks

« Reply #4266 on: December 29, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
are we on some language barrier shit cuz ive never seen a kite and thought "oh shit better watch out before that kite fucks me up"
[close]

In Brazil, and for some reason, in the Indian subcontinent, people like to battle with kites. You fly your kite in the sky and try to cut the string of the other kites. To get your kite string really sharp, you coat it with a mixture called cerol, which is ground glass and paste. I know some people in India and Pakistan skip the string and paste shit entirely, and fly their kites with thin metal wire. That's some crazy shit. If you watched The Kite Runner, it shows how people play with kites in Afghanistan.

A lot of kids get hurt by getting cut and shit, but the real danger is in the chase for the falling kites. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who plummeted to death chasing a kite off a hill, who fell from a building, or who just got shocked to death from trying to get a kite that got stuck in a power line. All because of the cheapest toy there is.
[close]
where are you from man? all the kites I've seen (in the boring land of Canadia) are pretty non lethal, maybe you could gouge out an eye with a falling one but that's about it.

Yep, kites are lame here in canada.

But the play human lawn darts and thats fuckin fun! Two guys stand at opposite ends of a field and shoots arrows as high as you can and try to land it at the opponents feet. If he moves hes gotta chug a tallboy.

The more beers ya get the more brazen and it gets pretty gnarly

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #4267 on: December 29, 2016, 12:18:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/11-dead-at-pakistani-kite-festival/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/asia/india-kite-deaths/

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

7 year old

« Reply #4268 on: December 29, 2016, 12:36:27 PM »
yeah I was talking about Canadian kites, guess you misunderstood my post's shitty syntax.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4269 on: December 29, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »
In Canada, it's so safe that even the kites are nothing to fear.

Stoked/not stoked on searching for a vehicle to buy.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:09:05 PM by Adam Abbas »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4270 on: December 29, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »

7 year old

« Reply #4271 on: December 29, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »
In Canada, it's so safe that even the kites are nothing to fear.

Stoked/not stoked on searching for a vehicle to buy.
pretty much

Yu Dum

« Reply #4272 on: January 04, 2017, 11:21:58 PM »
Starting the journey to Cleveland in about 8 hours.
Not stoked that it's the last time I'll see my family, or my dog, for a good while.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #4273 on: January 05, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
Ben Gore said he'd send me a print, it's been a month almost, still nothing.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4274 on: January 06, 2017, 07:28:29 AM »
every time i listen to a new rapper and start to like them i think about nas and then that rapper sounds like complete garbage. Sorry PBG i tried.

you ruined it nas.  you ruined it.

Nas - The Message
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

shark tits

« Reply #4275 on: January 06, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »
sad the tillikum passed away but glad he's no longer in solitary. free the whales!

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #4276 on: January 07, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
Its snowing! But my laptop took a shit, so Im at the library posting on god damn slap.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4277 on: January 10, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »
Landed my first real proper smith on a ledge last night.
tried it a second time to see if I could get a better pop out and fell into the ledge. Barely missed my face and smashed my wrist into the corner.  :'(

not_ericricks

« Reply #4278 on: January 10, 2017, 11:44:55 AM »
Bummer about the slam but thats sick you got a back smith!

I could never do em good unless i ollie over the ledge cor some reason. My body automatically wants backtail

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4279 on: January 10, 2017, 12:16:26 PM »

I could never do em good unless i ollie over the ledge cor some reason. My body automatically wants backtail

Funny how it works. I can back smith (proper) just fine, but no back tails for me. Wanna trade for a couple of months?

not_ericricks

« Reply #4280 on: January 10, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Funny how it works. I can back smith (proper) just fine, but no back tails for me. Wanna trade for a couple of months?

Fuck im game.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4281 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:56 PM »
I'm completely starting over on back smiths. I used to have them good but I don't even understand them anymore. Back lips and back tails are my go-tos but back smiths are just lost on me. It's one of the ones I really want in my bag but I don't know if they're coming back.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4282 on: January 10, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »

I meant to put front smith. Not back.
My bad. I can't even back tail, but I really want to learn that one.
My ledge tricks kinda lack. I guess it's the product of growing up a garage skater.

not_ericricks

« Reply #4283 on: January 11, 2017, 01:24:25 AM »
Im all fucked up. I got backtails on lock but cant backsmith. I got front smiths on lock. Switch backsmiths no problem, but cant do switch front smiths.

I grew up with some good ledges so my ledge/curb game is pretty decent

Another mindfuck for me is frontbluntslides. Im just a pussy on that one. Ive landed 2 or 3 in 27 years of skating lol

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #4284 on: January 13, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »
I just think it's strange, Ms. Waters said. At a time when our intelligence agencies are very confident and basically have confirmed that Russia hacked the D.N.C. and other political interests, and then we have, while I'm on the floor of the House, talking about Trump and Russia, I get interfered with and interrupted by Russia Today.

It's strange. It's odd, she said.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRmEaiUlCro

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4285 on: January 13, 2017, 01:08:11 PM »
Thing about back smiths is its all about the front foot. Make your back foot kind of weightless and just dip your front foot, the front foot powers through the grind. If you can 5-0 you can do smiths, its basically as simple as that once you figure it out

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4286 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
My dog found a joint from atleast two weeks ago. He chewed off the filter though

not_ericricks

« Reply #4287 on: January 16, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
My dog found a joint from atleast two weeks ago. He chewed off the filter though

A filter on a joint????

The fuck are you smokin?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4288 on: January 16, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A filter on a joint????

The fuck are you smokin?
Kush, it could be some kind of message he's by far the smartest dog I've owned.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #4289 on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
just overheard someone ask where the spray cheese was at
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?