Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 381771 times)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4410 on: February 03, 2017, 05:21:35 AM »
Not Stoked: Been having lots of drunk dreams lately (drunk dreams are where you drink in your sleep). Had one last night and this morning made me feel horrible, when you're sober and have these dreams you basically wake up hungover or having withdrawals. Today i threw up but since i just woke up and had nothing to eat it was basically just water and lots of dry heaving. Thank god i didn't have school today because my teacher had a funeral to go to but still its just fucking annoying dealing with this shit when im a little over a year sober

Stoked: New netflix show with Drew Barrymore came out today and it seems a little funny so far

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4411 on: February 08, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »
One of my cats passed away this morning. He was diabetic and guess he had like an attack or some shit and couldn't keep up anymore, Stoked he made it this long i guess, we found him in the woods at my dads summer job like 10 years ago and he was about 3 or 4 then. Honestly he should have died a couple of years ago guess during one summer because he would be at the vets every other week having surgery cause he ate something that he shouldn't of have, like for an example a fucking beach towel. He was cool though and ill miss him trying to steal my late night snack, dude was a warrior. Peace out man

EDIT: Nobody has to comment saying like oh im sorry, its fine. Shit happens, just had to get it off my chest and didn't want to post it on my actual social media accounts
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:05:17 PM by tobey »

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #4412 on: February 08, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
I went out with the sole purpose of getting a watch battery replacement, instead picked up a gyro and now I'm looking at my motionless watch. I forget how much ganja makes you forget, now that Chief's been out of jail I haven't been so sharp.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4413 on: February 08, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »
I went out with the sole purpose of getting a watch battery replacement, instead picked up a gyro and now I'm looking at my motionless watch. I forget how much ganja makes you forget, now that Chief's been out of jail I haven't been so sharp.
that's why you need to buy an automatic son!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4414 on: February 09, 2017, 08:20:37 AM »
ill be waking up tomorrow at 4am to drive to Florida for my grandma's funeral. The funeral doesn't bother me because she was super sick before she died and I'm happy she doesn't have to suffer anymore. We're staying for a week too, so a week of warm weather will be nice. I'll be able to comfortably skate outside, so I'm really stoked for that.

The drive doesn't bother me so much. I'm stoked to drive through Tennessee because it's a really pretty state. I'm dreading spending 20+ hours in the car with my fiancee and her mom though. Her mom is a very nice woman, but the last time I drove a long distance (about 14 hours) with the two of them, I drank myself retarded as soon as we got to our hotel because I couldn't stand them anymore. If you hear of a group of people from Michigan who drove off a bridge or a cliff or something somewhere off I-75 south, know that it was no accident and that I love you guys.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #4415 on: February 09, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
Where in Florida?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4416 on: February 09, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »
gulf side. staying at my grandmas house on pine island for a few days, then heading up toward clearwater for the rest of the time. i think were staying in redington beach.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #4417 on: February 09, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
gulf side. staying at my grandmas house on pine island for a few days, then heading up toward clearwater for the rest of the time. i think were staying in redington beach.

Dang decidedly not my neck of the woods. Have fun at your grandmother's funeral.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4418 on: February 10, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »
I went to be last night and suddenly developed an aversion to eating meat. I fucking love eating meat. Thinking about it though has given me a queesy feeling. I typically eat it once a day, not every meal. tonight we went out, tried a bite of my kids chicken and nope, wasn't feeling it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:39:05 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Nancy Drew

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
« Reply #4420 on: February 12, 2017, 07:14:37 AM »
^^ i fucking hate hollywood.

7 year old

• Rep: 56
« Reply #4421 on: February 12, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
I was just thinking about how much Scarface sucked the other night

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #4422 on: February 12, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
After years of being out on my own living with room mates I decided to move home and sort my life out. Been trying super hard for months to save up some money and life keeps taking a dump on my face. For most of the winter months at my shitty cooking job where ive been for years were dead slow and its very unreliable . My final straw with my living situation was when we got bed bugs and i had to front the cost of the bill of the exterminator. Not stoked to be moving home but stoked that im finally taking initiative to actually figure my life out/ find a real job/ save some money.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4423 on: February 12, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
This is going to be a long one SLAP but I'd really like some advice...

so I've been at my current workplace for a little of 4 years now as a contract worker and I was all ready to finish up at the end of March (stoked but not stoked)
- my manager pulled me aside and mentioned that there was a permanent position coming up (stoked)
- the pay is basically the same as I'm getting now but will go up (stoked?)
- I went for said position and have (secretly) been accepted (the director pulled me aside last Thursday). This position is a bitch to get especially if you aren't Japanese (stoked)
- I will have more responsibilities (stoked)
I guess my problem is is that I was sort of ready to go and while I don't hate my job (it does have tonnes of perks including o/s travel once a month) I'm wondering whether I should stay for the security or move on...
The other problem is that another company have scouted me and offered me a pretty good job where I can ... wait for it.. WORK FROM HOME and essentially do what I'm doing now (stoked). I have a wife/ kid so obviously I'd just get some shared office space but it would give me tonnes more flexibility and it basically looks like they're ready to match the pay/ holidays that my current work place is offering me.

TL;DR - should I stay on at my current workplace for the job security or take a risk and have the added benefit of not having to commute every day? help me SLAP/ obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:59:13 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #4424 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
should i stay or should i go?

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4425 on: February 14, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »
Been out of Memphis for a little over a month now. Pretty homesick, but grateful to be out of that shithole.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #4426 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
should i stay or should i go?

Definitely maybe.

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #4427 on: February 14, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
This is going to be a long one SLAP but I'd really like some advice...

so I've been at my current workplace for a little of 4 years now as a contract worker and I was all ready to finish up at the end of March (stoked but not stoked)
- my manager pulled me aside and mentioned that there was a permanent position coming up (stoked)
- the pay is basically the same as I'm getting now but will go up (stoked?)
- I went for said position and have (secretly) been accepted (the director pulled me aside last Thursday). This position is a bitch to get especially if you aren't Japanese (stoked)
- I will have more responsibilities (stoked)
I guess my problem is is that I was sort of ready to go and while I don't hate my job (it does have tonnes of perks including o/s travel once a month) I'm wondering whether I should stay for the security or move on...
The other problem is that another company have scouted me and offered me a pretty good job where I can ... wait for it.. WORK FROM HOME and essentially do what I'm doing now (stoked). I have a wife/ kid so obviously I'd just get some shared office space but it would give me tonnes more flexibility and it basically looks like they're ready to match the pay/ holidays that my current work place is offering me.

TL;DR - should I stay on at my current workplace for the job security or take a risk and have the added benefit of not having to commute every day? help me SLAP/ obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope

If this new job is 100% legit/guaranteed, I'd go for it. If there's a risk, then of course look at what might go wrong in the future as a result. Sounds like a good time.
You're hollerin' Don Fisher

I'm screamin' Buddy Carr

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4428 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:09 PM »
If this new job is 100% legit/guaranteed, I'd go for it. If there's a risk, then of course look at what might go wrong in the future as a result. Sounds like a good time.
Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it. New job is 100% legit but it's a small (two man) operation and my current workplace is a university.
Security wise (#dadproblems) obviously the university is a better bet. Having said that I'm never going to make mega-bucks working for the university、nor will they let me work remotely.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 819
« Reply #4429 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »
It's Valentines Day and I'm watching Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4430 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it. New job is 100% legit but it's a small (two man) operation and my current workplace is a university.
Security wise (#dadproblems) obviously the university is a better bet. Having said that I'm never going to make mega-bucks working for the university、nor will they let me work remotely.
As attractive as working from home is, I'd probably stay at the University for the security/stability. I also kind of like having a separation with home life and work.  This internship I'm doing I have to work on stuff from home and handle emails at the drop of a hat, and having a 3 year old ask me what I'm doing every other second gets distracting, plus I feel kind of guilty I'm semi-ignoring him for this other responsibility. If I'm out, he knows what I'm doing and is psyched when I get back. Just something to think about.
you never know about pre-cum 

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4431 on: February 14, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »
As attractive as working from home is, I'd probably stay at the University for the security/stability. I also kind of like having a separation with home life and work.  This internship I'm doing I have to work on stuff from home and handle emails at the drop of a hat, and having a 3 year old ask me what I'm doing every other second gets distracting, plus I feel kind of guilty I'm semi-ignoring him for this other responsibility. If I'm out, he knows what I'm doing and is psyched when I get back. Just something to think about.
solid dad advice! cheers mate

shark tits

« Reply #4432 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »
asides winter being a piece of shit, i'm doing better in almost every facet of my life. it's subjective and most people couldn't do what i do but i'm stoked and i'm kinda scared that i'll get killed like kane in menace or malcom x in malcom x. you know when the questionable protagonist starts having epiphanies and becomes a good person and is about to try to enact change so he gets shot?
yeah, that's what it feels like.
but maybe i can keep living a good life, some people do that, right? like maybe O-Dogg went on to start community gardens and mentor ghetto bastards?

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4433 on: February 16, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
just broke up with my GF of a year, the writing had been on the wall for a couple months now. I'm actually feeling pretty relieved like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. The only downside is that we were living together and she had just convinced "us" (read: me) to get a dog. Now I gotta handle the rent and pooch solo. Whatever, I can afford it without starving and the dog rules.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #4434 on: February 17, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »
That press conference. Super entertaining and all...but are we all going to die?

GinosGroceries

• Rep: 120
« Reply #4435 on: February 19, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »
Tried teaching a little kid  how to Ollie. He was scared of falling down. I told him to hold my hands and I'd make sure he wouldn't fall over. He accidentally kicked the board straight into my shin.
"I'm not used to skateboarding, but I wish I can do it. I swear I want to be able to do it."

Nate

• Rep: 37
« Reply #4436 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:42 AM »
So a week ago a car rolled over my foot but I came out pretty decent. Only problem is my ankle is still pretty swollen and bruised, but walking on it is fine. I have been rolling around and popping ollies/doing a bunch of slappies and have been fine.  Im just paranoid about getting back into hitting things hard because I dont want to really fuck it up and not be able to skate at all.  Luckily its been raining all week and nature has been making my predicament much easier. Getting hurt sucks.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4437 on: February 26, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »
- went for a half roll with my son yesterday
+ was on business in the big smoke the other week and went to a DIY beer bar that only plays HxC/ thrash metal (they even did a collab beer with the felem skate crew called frontside grind) so good!
- have to make up my mind about the two jobs I've been torn over by late tomorrow afternoon, on the plus side at least once I've chosen I wont be waking up at 3am wondering what the fuck I'm doing with my life ... or will I?

Tracer

• Rep: -65314
« Reply #4438 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
OJ may be released from prison this summer

splerm

« Reply #4439 on: February 27, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
I gotta get butt surgery (not from penis) but I should get nice dog drugs afterwards