Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710099 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4351 on: February 12, 2017, 07:14:37 AM »
^^ i fucking hate hollywood.

7 year old

« Reply #4352 on: February 12, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
I was just thinking about how much Scarface sucked the other night

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #4353 on: February 12, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
After years of being out on my own living with room mates I decided to move home and sort my life out. Been trying super hard for months to save up some money and life keeps taking a dump on my face. For most of the winter months at my shitty cooking job where ive been for years were dead slow and its very unreliable . My final straw with my living situation was when we got bed bugs and i had to front the cost of the bill of the exterminator. Not stoked to be moving home but stoked that im finally taking initiative to actually figure my life out/ find a real job/ save some money.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4354 on: February 12, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
This is going to be a long one SLAP but I'd really like some advice...

so I've been at my current workplace for a little of 4 years now as a contract worker and I was all ready to finish up at the end of March (stoked but not stoked)
- my manager pulled me aside and mentioned that there was a permanent position coming up (stoked)
- the pay is basically the same as I'm getting now but will go up (stoked?)
- I went for said position and have (secretly) been accepted (the director pulled me aside last Thursday). This position is a bitch to get especially if you aren't Japanese (stoked)
- I will have more responsibilities (stoked)
I guess my problem is is that I was sort of ready to go and while I don't hate my job (it does have tonnes of perks including o/s travel once a month) I'm wondering whether I should stay for the security or move on...
The other problem is that another company have scouted me and offered me a pretty good job where I can ... wait for it.. WORK FROM HOME and essentially do what I'm doing now (stoked). I have a wife/ kid so obviously I'd just get some shared office space but it would give me tonnes more flexibility and it basically looks like they're ready to match the pay/ holidays that my current work place is offering me.

TL;DR - should I stay on at my current workplace for the job security or take a risk and have the added benefit of not having to commute every day? help me SLAP/ obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:59:13 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4355 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
should i stay or should i go?

Yu Dum

« Reply #4356 on: February 14, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »
Been out of Memphis for a little over a month now. Pretty homesick, but grateful to be out of that shithole.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4357 on: February 14, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
should i stay or should i go?

Definitely maybe.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #4358 on: February 14, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
This is going to be a long one SLAP but I'd really like some advice...

so I've been at my current workplace for a little of 4 years now as a contract worker and I was all ready to finish up at the end of March (stoked but not stoked)
- my manager pulled me aside and mentioned that there was a permanent position coming up (stoked)
- the pay is basically the same as I'm getting now but will go up (stoked?)
- I went for said position and have (secretly) been accepted (the director pulled me aside last Thursday). This position is a bitch to get especially if you aren't Japanese (stoked)
- I will have more responsibilities (stoked)
I guess my problem is is that I was sort of ready to go and while I don't hate my job (it does have tonnes of perks including o/s travel once a month) I'm wondering whether I should stay for the security or move on...
The other problem is that another company have scouted me and offered me a pretty good job where I can ... wait for it.. WORK FROM HOME and essentially do what I'm doing now (stoked). I have a wife/ kid so obviously I'd just get some shared office space but it would give me tonnes more flexibility and it basically looks like they're ready to match the pay/ holidays that my current work place is offering me.

TL;DR - should I stay on at my current workplace for the job security or take a risk and have the added benefit of not having to commute every day? help me SLAP/ obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope

If this new job is 100% legit/guaranteed, I'd go for it. If there's a risk, then of course look at what might go wrong in the future as a result. Sounds like a good time.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4359 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:09 PM »
If this new job is 100% legit/guaranteed, I'd go for it. If there's a risk, then of course look at what might go wrong in the future as a result. Sounds like a good time.
Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it. New job is 100% legit but it's a small (two man) operation and my current workplace is a university.
Security wise (#dadproblems) obviously the university is a better bet. Having said that I'm never going to make mega-bucks working for the university、nor will they let me work remotely.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4360 on: February 14, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »
It's Valentines Day and I'm watching Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4361 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Cheers for the reply mate, I appreciate it. New job is 100% legit but it's a small (two man) operation and my current workplace is a university.
Security wise (#dadproblems) obviously the university is a better bet. Having said that I'm never going to make mega-bucks working for the university、nor will they let me work remotely.
As attractive as working from home is, I'd probably stay at the University for the security/stability. I also kind of like having a separation with home life and work.  This internship I'm doing I have to work on stuff from home and handle emails at the drop of a hat, and having a 3 year old ask me what I'm doing every other second gets distracting, plus I feel kind of guilty I'm semi-ignoring him for this other responsibility. If I'm out, he knows what I'm doing and is psyched when I get back. Just something to think about.
you never know about pre-cum 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4362 on: February 14, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »
As attractive as working from home is, I'd probably stay at the University for the security/stability. I also kind of like having a separation with home life and work.  This internship I'm doing I have to work on stuff from home and handle emails at the drop of a hat, and having a 3 year old ask me what I'm doing every other second gets distracting, plus I feel kind of guilty I'm semi-ignoring him for this other responsibility. If I'm out, he knows what I'm doing and is psyched when I get back. Just something to think about.
solid dad advice! cheers mate

shark tits

« Reply #4363 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:45 AM »
asides winter being a piece of shit, i'm doing better in almost every facet of my life. it's subjective and most people couldn't do what i do but i'm stoked and i'm kinda scared that i'll get killed like kane in menace or malcom x in malcom x. you know when the questionable protagonist starts having epiphanies and becomes a good person and is about to try to enact change so he gets shot?
yeah, that's what it feels like.
but maybe i can keep living a good life, some people do that, right? like maybe O-Dogg went on to start community gardens and mentor ghetto bastards?

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4364 on: February 16, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
just broke up with my GF of a year, the writing had been on the wall for a couple months now. I'm actually feeling pretty relieved like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. The only downside is that we were living together and she had just convinced "us" (read: me) to get a dog. Now I gotta handle the rent and pooch solo. Whatever, I can afford it without starving and the dog rules.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #4365 on: February 17, 2017, 12:39:37 PM »
That press conference. Super entertaining and all...but are we all going to die?

GinosGroceries

« Reply #4366 on: February 19, 2017, 11:01:41 PM »
Tried teaching a little kid  how to Ollie. He was scared of falling down. I told him to hold my hands and I'd make sure he wouldn't fall over. He accidentally kicked the board straight into my shin.

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4367 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:42 AM »
So a week ago a car rolled over my foot but I came out pretty decent. Only problem is my ankle is still pretty swollen and bruised, but walking on it is fine. I have been rolling around and popping ollies/doing a bunch of slappies and have been fine.  Im just paranoid about getting back into hitting things hard because I dont want to really fuck it up and not be able to skate at all.  Luckily its been raining all week and nature has been making my predicament much easier. Getting hurt sucks.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4368 on: February 26, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »
- went for a half roll with my son yesterday
+ was on business in the big smoke the other week and went to a DIY beer bar that only plays HxC/ thrash metal (they even did a collab beer with the felem skate crew called frontside grind) so good!
- have to make up my mind about the two jobs I've been torn over by late tomorrow afternoon, on the plus side at least once I've chosen I wont be waking up at 3am wondering what the fuck I'm doing with my life ... or will I?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4369 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
OJ may be released from prison this summer

splerm

« Reply #4370 on: February 27, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
I gotta get butt surgery (not from penis) but I should get nice dog drugs afterwards

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4371 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:07 AM »
I got surgery on my ankle yesterday. 60 days until I can return to walking as normal, and eventually biking and skating again. Currently my leg is regaining feeling from the nerve blocker they used and it's trippy as fuck. They got me on hydrocodone tho so I'm rolling

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #4372 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »
Just had my wisdom teeth out. They were bothering me for a while so I'm glad they are out, but I can't skate and I'm coming off my vicoden and I'm really cranky.
(Cool Trick GIF)

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4373 on: March 03, 2017, 05:42:16 AM »
i got 1298 songs on my phone, i like everyone of them but holy shit making playlists is a bitch

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4374 on: March 03, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
i got 1298 songs on my phone, i like everyone of them but holy shit making playlists is a bitch

I can only listen to albums. For some reason. The art of playlist making is lost on me.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4375 on: March 03, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can only listen to albums. For some reason. The art of playlist making is lost on me.

I know I'm in the 1% up here in my floating mansion but spotify premium is worth it just for that. Hit a button to save all the songs you like to a playlist and randomize that shit.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4376 on: March 03, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know I'm in the 1% up here in my floating mansion but spotify premium is worth it just for that. Hit a button to save all the songs you like to a playlist and randomize that shit.
Paying for Spotify was the best thing I've ever done. Got it for half off with a .edu email address too.
you never know about pre-cum 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4377 on: March 03, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Paying for Spotify was the best thing I've ever done. Got it for half off with a .edu email address too.

agree 1000%. ive had it for a while and missed the .edu promo, but even at full price its the best $10 i spend all month.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4378 on: March 03, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
I listen to ambient noise on YouTube

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4379 on: March 03, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

agree 1000%. ive had it for a while and missed the .edu promo, but even at full price its the best $10 i spend all month.
Jesus fuck you guys are late to the party. I've had spotify since day 1, stolen post codes and everything.