Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709344 times)

20matar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4380 on: March 03, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got 1298 songs on my phone, i like everyone of them but holy shit making playlists is a bitch
[close]

I can only listen to albums. For some reason. The art of playlist making is lost on me.
[close]

I know I'm in the 1% up here in my floating mansion but spotify premium is worth it just for that. Hit a button to save all the songs you like to a playlist and randomize that shit.
[close]
Paying for Spotify was the best thing I've ever done. Got it for half off with a .edu email address too.
[close]

agree 1000%. ive had it for a while and missed the .edu promo, but even at full price its the best $10 i spend all month.
[close]
Jesus fuck you guys are late to the party. I've had spotify since day 1, stolen post codes and everything.

Is this a scheme from a Trailer Park Boys episode? I haven't watched the latest seasons.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4381 on: March 04, 2017, 11:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i got 1298 songs on my phone, i like everyone of them but holy shit making playlists is a bitch
[close]

I can only listen to albums. For some reason. The art of playlist making is lost on me.
[close]

I know I'm in the 1% up here in my floating mansion but spotify premium is worth it just for that. Hit a button to save all the songs you like to a playlist and randomize that shit.
[close]
Paying for Spotify was the best thing I've ever done. Got it for half off with a .edu email address too.
[close]

agree 1000%. ive had it for a while and missed the .edu promo, but even at full price its the best $10 i spend all month.
[close]
Jesus fuck you guys are late to the party. I've had spotify since day 1, stolen post codes and everything.
[close]

Is this a scheme from a Trailer Park Boys episode? I haven't watched the latest seasons.
An aunt, some cousins and i got the family account and it's like $5 or less a month. I have a radio show on a college radio station so it comes super handy, no ads and crossfading. Plus, finding new music is easy
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #4382 on: March 04, 2017, 06:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
An aunt, some cousins and i got the family account and it's like $5 or less a month. I have a radio show on a college radio station so it comes super handy, no ads and crossfading. Plus, finding new music is easy

And Prince! Didn't know about the crossfading tho, good looks

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4383 on: March 08, 2017, 06:21:16 AM »
I was supposed to go snowboarding today, but it got canceled because of too much new snow.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4384 on: March 09, 2017, 05:01:00 PM »
have to make my decision as to whether I work full time/ permanent at university or take a job that will let me work remotely (with awesome benefits) by 17:00 today. I outlined it all a few pages back and am still going back and forth on it...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4385 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
Marc and Jody Emery got arrested again last night. I love their persistence though, they truly don't give a shit and do right no matter what the laws state.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4386 on: March 11, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »
Got a new little pup this weekend, haven't been able to skate all weekend because I have been on puppy watch since my wife is at work. Was going to go out tomorrow and try and get a photo at this spot i been thinking about, when i took the dog out before bed the ground was covered in snow... not psyked I hate snow

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4387 on: March 12, 2017, 11:22:16 AM »
Spring break and I decided to stay up in college.
Pros: I get to skate all the time, I have fast WiFi, and can drink/hang out with friends
Cons: My right hip has been bugging me so I have to take it mellow, and my friends have jobs (and I can't seem to get one)

*edit: Got a job
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:40:16 AM by mynameisnotjeff »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4388 on: March 12, 2017, 09:06:14 PM »
I'm officially back to school. Grad school, I'm gunning for a lato sensu degree in literature. I'm no Donny, but I'm completely out of my element, being the only one in class without some sort of degree related to languages. I haven't read most of the required novels, I know none of the required authors, literary theory-wise, and my only boon there is that I'm a historian with too much unsupervised internet access at work.

I have read the date 2019 for the first time in a way that pertains to my life. Most of the class are women, except for a guy who got visibly discomforted when the professor dissed Jair Bolsonaro (military IRL tough dude who's riding on the alt-right's coat-tails), and a super gay hipstery dude with a t-shirt full of writer caricatures. The idea of waking up early after arriving home late from work, while not foreign to me, is still enough to tire me mentally, more so than any of the problems or activities in my life. I'm really fucking stoked about this, and I loved my first class, but I feel completely lost and too edgy right now. Graduating college was something I never thought I'd achieve. And even that is past me now. I feel like a fool. Suits me well, I guess.

Keep pushing and focus on the finish line. Also, this is sick to hear!

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #4389 on: March 13, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »
hooked up with a chick last Tuesday, finally ended my dry spell. stoked on that.

not stoked that I didn't use condoms, fucking idiot that I am. sure enough I was running a fever yesterday, making me all sorts of paranoid that I caught something (HIV specifically). Now I have to wait another week or two until I can get tested, I feel like such a moron.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4390 on: March 15, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
finally got my appendix removed which already caused some problems/pain in the past. stoked.
the operation was chill and everything went well. hope that ends the occasional stomach pains.
not so stoked: gotta write my master's thesis but i have to stay in the hospital. but a couple of
days relaxing can't hurt either. gotta be fresh for saturday since there'll be one sick houseparty.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4391 on: March 15, 2017, 03:56:53 AM »
I got this girl's # off of instagram stories which is pretty random and awesome and we're supposed to go to an art exhibit in a couple of days but today I woke up with this gnarly face dermatitis so I look like the fresh prince of pripyat now  :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:59:29 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

pussyclench

« Reply #4392 on: March 15, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »
These meds have me poppin hard ass middle school boners at inappropriate times, cool my dick still works like that, but I dont even feel like jerkin one out.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #4393 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
These meds have me poppin hard ass middle school boners at inappropriate times, cool my dick still works like that, but I dont even feel like jerkin one out.

Respect
(Cool Trick GIF)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4394 on: March 31, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »
i'm not stoked that my postcount is 1488, but
now i'm stoked that it's not nazi code anymore

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4395 on: March 31, 2017, 05:59:07 PM »
Stoked I got my fa trade center board today

Not stoked the graphic is applied like a 3rd grader doing modge podge
Gentleman ninja warlock

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4396 on: April 21, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
Just strated to watch the mick which has Dee from its always sunny. I like it, pretty funny. Anyway this is the part im not stoked on, (spoiler for its always sunny)

Dennis leaves in the last episode of the newest season, hes filming a new sitcom pilot and if it picks up hes going to leave its always sunny for good. Now its always sunny i think is doing 2 more seasons till its done for good. Now if Dennis isnt in them im going to be fucking pissed and the last two seasons are gonna suck so much. How can Kaitlin (Dee) work two shows and not Glenn (Dennis)?

I guess im stoked they are finding new roles because its always sunny has been on a great run and its going to end but i kind of want Glenn's new show to tank just so he can be in the last two seasons of its always sunny. So im not stoked that im kind of an asshole 

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4397 on: April 21, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
I've been pretty out of it lately. Not thinking right and all, completely absent-minded and just following my own routines. It sure beats being anxious, but I can't help but feel that my life is out of my control.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4398 on: April 22, 2017, 04:26:21 AM »
Just strated to watch the mick which has Dee from its always sunny. I like it, pretty funny. Anyway this is the part im not stoked on, (spoiler for its always sunny)

Dennis leaves in the last episode of the newest season, hes filming a new sitcom pilot and if it picks up hes going to leave its always sunny for good. Now its always sunny i think is doing 2 more seasons till its done for good. Now if Dennis isnt in them im going to be fucking pissed and the last two seasons are gonna suck so much. How can Kaitlin (Dee) work two shows and not Glenn (Dennis)?

I guess im stoked they are finding new roles because its always sunny has been on a great run and its going to end but i kind of want Glenn's new show to tank just so he can be in the last two seasons of its always sunny. So im not stoked that im kind of an asshole 

That they announced two more seasons means they worked it out with Glenn Howerton and his scheduling. He was a puss hair away from being cast as Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy and they had his IASIP schedule worked out for it, I'm sure they'll do it so he's able to do his NBC deal after over a decade with FX.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4399 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »
had a hearing for a phd position today. it all went well.
i still don't really know if i want to do it if i would get it

Pigeon

« Reply #4400 on: April 24, 2017, 02:08:12 PM »
It's getting warmer outside but I prefer partly cloudy in the 50-60F range.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #4401 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »
My wife got a summer internship for NASA which is awesome, but it's in Mississippi, 12 hours away from home. I just worry that something could happen to my parents in the 2.5 months that we'll be gone (yeah i know it's not likely tho, but it's my biggest fear, my dad is 72 and I'll miss his 73rd birthday).
She is going to get $6000 for ten weeks, which sounds good, but we still have to find a place to live and we have been considering the benefits of just staying at a Hotel/motel but that's def pretty expensive, but at least we would have internet, cable, furniture, and breakfast already payed for. Hopefully i can find part time work while we're there but y'all know how job hunting goes sometimes.

I also have to quit my regular job while we're gone, my manager said he would hire me back, but theres no guarantee there will be an opening when we get back, it could be weeks or a month before something opens up and i wouldnt have a job or have to find something else if there's not an opening when we get back.  it's my favorite job i've ever had too.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4402 on: April 24, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

You do what every other phd candidate does. You earn your doctorate, then you work post docs for twenty years, finalizing with teaching at community college part time and living off your spouses income.

I broke one of my bones swiss six balls today. I've had them 5 years. Hyped, but bummed.

Edit:
Congrats somethingmustbreaknow. I hope you get in, kill it with your dissertation and make a fortune.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4403 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
My wife got a summer internship for NASA which is awesome, but it's in Mississippi, 12 hours away from home. I just worry that something could happen to my parents in the 2.5 months that we'll be gone (yeah i know it's not likely tho, but it's my biggest fear, my dad is 72 and I'll miss his 73rd birthday).
She is going to get $6000 for ten weeks, which sounds good, but we still have to find a place to live and we have been considering the benefits of just staying at a Hotel/motel but that's def pretty expensive, but at least we would have internet, cable, furniture, and breakfast already payed for. Hopefully i can find part time work while we're there but y'all know how job hunting goes sometimes.

I also have to quit my regular job while we're gone, my manager said he would hire me back, but theres no guarantee there will be an opening when we get back, it could be weeks or a month before something opens up and i wouldnt have a job or have to find something else if there's not an opening when we get back.  it's my favorite job i've ever had too.
Why are you going?
you never know about pre-cum 

Pigeon

« Reply #4404 on: April 25, 2017, 07:07:34 AM »
I got a boring job doing manual labor that pays well. My friend that got me the job just always wants to get fucked up. He shows up in the middle of the night and wakes me up. I'm also working on a certificate, so I don't have time to waste or enough to sleep properly. I told him about it but he took it the wrong way. Since I cut back on drinking/smoking, I'm skating more and have my shit together. However, work has been over staffed since Monday, so I didn't have to work Monday or today. The weather was nice but I couldn't skate for more than an hour or two, due to stress. I've been trying to sell stuff to minimize my materialistic bullshit and have enough money to pay bills on time. I really want to go sober but it's hard being around people (in multiple ways)...either I get suckered into getting fucked up or get fucked up so I can stand people, which is stupid. I need to find a cheap studio or 1 bedroom apartment, because I thrive when I'm isolated. Typing this relieved me of some stress and me realize that I'm done caring about what others think of me. I rather be antisocial with a decent job by next May, than get fucked up with people after working a shift at a shitty, dead-end job just to make ends meet.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4405 on: April 25, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why are you going?

Yeah what the hell do you need to be there for? Why don't you keep your job and she goes and does her fuckin' NASA internship and makes her money and then you have more money and have a better life like adults do?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #4406 on: April 25, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why are you going?
Because she's my wife and we don't want to be apart for 2 and a half months.
She also doesnt want to be alone in a new place for that long, her vehicle is not reliable (there are plenty of reasons why she doesn't want to go alone).
 I'm sure we will have fun anyways, im just a little worried and felt like venting.

Time doesn't exist, we are already there and back.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4407 on: April 25, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
Kerry Getz accepted my friend request on facebook. I really don't remember sending him one and havent sent out a friend request in years to anyone. So um sorry dude if you ever read my stupid statues of my jokes, shark tits knows what im talking about

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #4408 on: April 25, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You do what every other phd candidate does. You earn your doctorate, then you work post docs for twenty years, finalizing with teaching at community college part time and living off your spouses income.

Edit:
Congrats somethingmustbreaknow. I hope you get in, kill it with your dissertation and make a fortune.
This has summarized the majority of my adult life. Buuuttt, I just scored a semi-permanent position at one of the better research hospitals in Chicago. I start on Monday. :-) Pretty soon, I'll be making as much as I would have if I stopped at my B.S. and went private sector :-(

shark tits

« Reply #4409 on: April 25, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
Kerry Getz accepted my friend request on facebook. I really don't remember sending him one and havent sent out a friend request in years to anyone. So um sorry dude if you ever read my stupid statues of my jokes, shark tits knows what im talking about
you're not too bad. i liked when you had skating clips every day. i wonder if you didn't accidentally brush over the 'freind' button on 'people you may know'. when i was on a phone i accidentally asked strangers to be my friend. i didn't know til it said they accepted and now i'm stuck w/ these weirdos' so-called lives.
the only other thing i can think of is kerry getz had a fake profile that was a girl you friended and he's since reverted to his real self.
so prolly the first one.