Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380250 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4470 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »
had a hearing for a phd position today. it all went well.
i still don't really know if i want to do it if i would get it

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #4471 on: April 24, 2017, 02:08:12 PM »
It's getting warmer outside but I prefer partly cloudy in the 50-60F range.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #4472 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »
My wife got a summer internship for NASA which is awesome, but it's in Mississippi, 12 hours away from home. I just worry that something could happen to my parents in the 2.5 months that we'll be gone (yeah i know it's not likely tho, but it's my biggest fear, my dad is 72 and I'll miss his 73rd birthday).
She is going to get $6000 for ten weeks, which sounds good, but we still have to find a place to live and we have been considering the benefits of just staying at a Hotel/motel but that's def pretty expensive, but at least we would have internet, cable, furniture, and breakfast already payed for. Hopefully i can find part time work while we're there but y'all know how job hunting goes sometimes.

I also have to quit my regular job while we're gone, my manager said he would hire me back, but theres no guarantee there will be an opening when we get back, it could be weeks or a month before something opens up and i wouldnt have a job or have to find something else if there's not an opening when we get back.  it's my favorite job i've ever had too.

Pabst

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
  • USA
« Reply #4473 on: April 24, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

You do what every other phd candidate does. You earn your doctorate, then you work post docs for twenty years, finalizing with teaching at community college part time and living off your spouses income.

I broke one of my bones swiss six balls today. I've had them 5 years. Hyped, but bummed.

Edit:
Congrats somethingmustbreaknow. I hope you get in, kill it with your dissertation and make a fortune.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4474 on: April 24, 2017, 08:06:41 PM »
My wife got a summer internship for NASA which is awesome, but it's in Mississippi, 12 hours away from home. I just worry that something could happen to my parents in the 2.5 months that we'll be gone (yeah i know it's not likely tho, but it's my biggest fear, my dad is 72 and I'll miss his 73rd birthday).
She is going to get $6000 for ten weeks, which sounds good, but we still have to find a place to live and we have been considering the benefits of just staying at a Hotel/motel but that's def pretty expensive, but at least we would have internet, cable, furniture, and breakfast already payed for. Hopefully i can find part time work while we're there but y'all know how job hunting goes sometimes.

I also have to quit my regular job while we're gone, my manager said he would hire me back, but theres no guarantee there will be an opening when we get back, it could be weeks or a month before something opens up and i wouldnt have a job or have to find something else if there's not an opening when we get back.  it's my favorite job i've ever had too.
Why are you going?
you never know about pre-cum 

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #4475 on: April 25, 2017, 07:07:34 AM »
I got a boring job doing manual labor that pays well. My friend that got me the job just always wants to get fucked up. He shows up in the middle of the night and wakes me up. I'm also working on a certificate, so I don't have time to waste or enough to sleep properly. I told him about it but he took it the wrong way. Since I cut back on drinking/smoking, I'm skating more and have my shit together. However, work has been over staffed since Monday, so I didn't have to work Monday or today. The weather was nice but I couldn't skate for more than an hour or two, due to stress. I've been trying to sell stuff to minimize my materialistic bullshit and have enough money to pay bills on time. I really want to go sober but it's hard being around people (in multiple ways)...either I get suckered into getting fucked up or get fucked up so I can stand people, which is stupid. I need to find a cheap studio or 1 bedroom apartment, because I thrive when I'm isolated. Typing this relieved me of some stress and me realize that I'm done caring about what others think of me. I rather be antisocial with a decent job by next May, than get fucked up with people after working a shift at a shitty, dead-end job just to make ends meet.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4476 on: April 25, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »

Why are you going?

Yeah what the hell do you need to be there for? Why don't you keep your job and she goes and does her fuckin' NASA internship and makes her money and then you have more money and have a better life like adults do?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #4477 on: April 25, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »

Why are you going?
Because she's my wife and we don't want to be apart for 2 and a half months.
She also doesnt want to be alone in a new place for that long, her vehicle is not reliable (there are plenty of reasons why she doesn't want to go alone).
 I'm sure we will have fun anyways, im just a little worried and felt like venting.

Time doesn't exist, we are already there and back.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4478 on: April 25, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
Kerry Getz accepted my friend request on facebook. I really don't remember sending him one and havent sent out a friend request in years to anyone. So um sorry dude if you ever read my stupid statues of my jokes, shark tits knows what im talking about

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • I got the internet goin' nuts.
« Reply #4479 on: April 25, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
You do what every other phd candidate does. You earn your doctorate, then you work post docs for twenty years, finalizing with teaching at community college part time and living off your spouses income.

Edit:
Congrats somethingmustbreaknow. I hope you get in, kill it with your dissertation and make a fortune.
This has summarized the majority of my adult life. Buuuttt, I just scored a semi-permanent position at one of the better research hospitals in Chicago. I start on Monday. :-) Pretty soon, I'll be making as much as I would have if I stopped at my B.S. and went private sector :-(

shark tits

« Reply #4480 on: April 25, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
Kerry Getz accepted my friend request on facebook. I really don't remember sending him one and havent sent out a friend request in years to anyone. So um sorry dude if you ever read my stupid statues of my jokes, shark tits knows what im talking about
you're not too bad. i liked when you had skating clips every day. i wonder if you didn't accidentally brush over the 'freind' button on 'people you may know'. when i was on a phone i accidentally asked strangers to be my friend. i didn't know til it said they accepted and now i'm stuck w/ these weirdos' so-called lives.
the only other thing i can think of is kerry getz had a fake profile that was a girl you friended and he's since reverted to his real self.
so prolly the first one.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4481 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:08 PM »
you're not too bad. i liked when you had skating clips every day. i wonder if you didn't accidentally brush over the 'freind' button on 'people you may know'. when i was on a phone i accidentally asked strangers to be my friend. i didn't know til it said they accepted and now i'm stuck w/ these weirdos' so-called lives.
the only other thing i can think of is kerry getz had a fake profile that was a girl you friended and he's since reverted to his real self.
so prolly the first one.

Need to make an instagram account, thats what i posted most of my skate footy for. Sometimes i would throw it on facebook but not nearly as much. Also Tom Asta came up on friends you may know but hes using a different name because i guess he just wants to share family shit and plus i doubt anyone would care if i said the facebook name hes using.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #4482 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »
new glasses.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #4483 on: April 27, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
Colorado was fucking cranked filled with hella stuff that was fun, not stoked to be back in the land of Lincoln one bit

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • personal text
« Reply #4484 on: April 27, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
i finally found a rail in town, but its this thing

i also feel like i posted about this before but i dont think i did, huh.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4485 on: April 28, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »
Don't you dare complain about that

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4486 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »
Dislocated my hip yesterday while playing with my niece. Went to bed last night thinking it would fix itself but it didn't so i went to the chiropractor today and thank god i did because he said if i waited like even a week i would be extremely fucked. Fixed it in like 30 minutes and cost me 25 dollars.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #4487 on: April 28, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Dislocated my hip yesterday while playing with my niece. Went to bed last night thinking it would fix itself but it didn't so i went to the chiropractor today and thank god i did because he said if i waited like even a week i would be extremely fucked. Fixed it in like 30 minutes and cost me 25 dollars.

A dislocated hip is no joke, been there done that. One of the worst experiences of my life.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #4488 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:41 AM »
my pops in law gave me loads of power tlls and ive been building stuff out of pallets, its rad! now I can finally make that perfect box ive always talked about ...but ill liiterally never have time to skate it

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4489 on: May 04, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
Randomly found my Lordz they dont give a fuck about us dvd and Black ops 2 for the xbox 360. Just realized its backwards compatible now so been basically playing all day

Not stoked: I guess people never stopped playing this game and are way too good now and i fucking suck

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4490 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »
new glasses.
Finally got transition lenses. They're great outside, but it's super obvious when I sneak in late for work for at least 5-10 minutes.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #4491 on: May 04, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »
new glasses.
Finally got transition lenses. They're great outside, but it's super obvious when I sneak in late for work for at least 5-10 minutes.

I hate calling people out, but these are really stupid and dorky and I hope you have a good medical reason to wear those. Why not just have a pair of sunglasses, or a hat, or maybe both? They don't even get dark enough.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4492 on: May 04, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »
new glasses.

I hate calling people out, but these are really stupid and dorky and I hope you have a good medical reason to wear those. Why not just have a pair of sunglasses, or a hat, or maybe both? They don't even get dark enough.
A co-worker talked me into trying them because I keep losing sunglasses. Now I'm stuck with them for another year. They're nice for driving I guess, but I fully agree about them looking stupid/dorky.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4493 on: May 04, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
Finally gonna see a doctor about my mental issues, possibly might have adhd so i'm stoked on getting a huge issue in my life sorted out. Also stoked on getting a shitty job so I can pay for boards and shoes without having to re-use old gear

Not stoked on not getting an internship this year. It's my junior year and I haven't done one yet. So it sucks not being able to have real work experience in my field, but for the summer I'm just gonna make art for myself and hopefully someone will like it and throw money at me.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #4494 on: May 05, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
just bought a nice ass leaf blower off this bawtawd looking fellow for $30..had it strapped to his back riding his bmx so it's obviously stolen..chased him down n he wanted $50 but i knew this guy needed some dog drugs..feel kinda shitty about the whole deal but at least i got this fucking blower

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b]
« Reply #4495 on: May 05, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
I work in like a trendy office on a campus like setting with a bunch of trendy fucking companies (which is weird because we're like a financial institution, but it's also cool because I don't have to wear BS business casual clothes). Anyways there's a pool on the site and I know my fob has access to the fitness center, but apparently I'm not allowed in the pool. It's probably just for residents or whatever.

Anyways, right next to the pool is this weird little ditch thing that looks fun for skating so I'll have to check that out at some point.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4496 on: May 05, 2017, 05:29:08 PM »
Finally gonna see a doctor about my mental issues, possibly might have adhd so i'm stoked on getting a huge issue in my life sorted out. Also stoked on getting a shitty job so I can pay for boards and shoes without having to re-use old gear

Not stoked on not getting an internship this year. It's my junior year and I haven't done one yet. So it sucks not being able to have real work experience in my field, but for the summer I'm just gonna make art for myself and hopefully someone will like it and throw money at me.
Good to hear you're getting help with it, I've got ADHD as well and it's pretty much fucked up all of high school for me, I've been getting help on and off, but I need to be consistent about it.

Had an exam today and I didn't know one of the questions since it was never brought up/taught to us so I just wrote an album review instead

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #4497 on: May 06, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »
the edibles starting to take hold

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #4498 on: May 07, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »

Good to hear you're getting help with it, I've got ADHD as well and it's pretty much fucked up all of high school for me, I've been getting help on and off, but I need to be consistent about it.

Had an exam today and I didn't know one of the questions since it was never brought up/taught to us so I just wrote an album review instead

what album?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4499 on: May 07, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
One of the other dishwasher got injured (not sure if he's lying or not) and the other is an asshole that just slowed up for 20 minutes and left. This means I had to take on double shifts 2 days on a row, my hands are all cut up and feel specially raw and dry. At least my pay check should be nice
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.