Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709375 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4410 on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Kerry Getz accepted my friend request on facebook. I really don't remember sending him one and havent sent out a friend request in years to anyone. So um sorry dude if you ever read my stupid statues of my jokes, shark tits knows what im talking about
[close]
you're not too bad. i liked when you had skating clips every day. i wonder if you didn't accidentally brush over the 'freind' button on 'people you may know'. when i was on a phone i accidentally asked strangers to be my friend. i didn't know til it said they accepted and now i'm stuck w/ these weirdos' so-called lives.
the only other thing i can think of is kerry getz had a fake profile that was a girl you friended and he's since reverted to his real self.
so prolly the first one.

Need to make an instagram account, thats what i posted most of my skate footy for. Sometimes i would throw it on facebook but not nearly as much. Also Tom Asta came up on friends you may know but hes using a different name because i guess he just wants to share family shit and plus i doubt anyone would care if i said the facebook name hes using.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #4411 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »
new glasses.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4412 on: April 27, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
Colorado was fucking cranked filled with hella stuff that was fun, not stoked to be back in the land of Lincoln one bit

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4413 on: April 27, 2017, 09:46:04 PM »
i finally found a rail in town, but its this thing

i also feel like i posted about this before but i dont think i did, huh.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4414 on: April 28, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »
Don't you dare complain about that

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4415 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:53 PM »
Dislocated my hip yesterday while playing with my niece. Went to bed last night thinking it would fix itself but it didn't so i went to the chiropractor today and thank god i did because he said if i waited like even a week i would be extremely fucked. Fixed it in like 30 minutes and cost me 25 dollars.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4416 on: April 28, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
Dislocated my hip yesterday while playing with my niece. Went to bed last night thinking it would fix itself but it didn't so i went to the chiropractor today and thank god i did because he said if i waited like even a week i would be extremely fucked. Fixed it in like 30 minutes and cost me 25 dollars.

A dislocated hip is no joke, been there done that. One of the worst experiences of my life.

Gentleman ninja warlock

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4417 on: May 03, 2017, 09:35:41 AM »
my pops in law gave me loads of power tlls and ive been building stuff out of pallets, its rad! now I can finally make that perfect box ive always talked about ...but ill liiterally never have time to skate it

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4418 on: May 04, 2017, 04:12:50 PM »
Randomly found my Lordz they dont give a fuck about us dvd and Black ops 2 for the xbox 360. Just realized its backwards compatible now so been basically playing all day

Not stoked: I guess people never stopped playing this game and are way too good now and i fucking suck

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #4419 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:37 PM »
new glasses.
Finally got transition lenses. They're great outside, but it's super obvious when I sneak in late for work for at least 5-10 minutes.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4420 on: May 04, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
new glasses.
[close]
Finally got transition lenses. They're great outside, but it's super obvious when I sneak in late for work for at least 5-10 minutes.

I hate calling people out, but these are really stupid and dorky and I hope you have a good medical reason to wear those. Why not just have a pair of sunglasses, or a hat, or maybe both? They don't even get dark enough.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #4421 on: May 04, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
new glasses.
[close]
[close]

I hate calling people out, but these are really stupid and dorky and I hope you have a good medical reason to wear those. Why not just have a pair of sunglasses, or a hat, or maybe both? They don't even get dark enough.
A co-worker talked me into trying them because I keep losing sunglasses. Now I'm stuck with them for another year. They're nice for driving I guess, but I fully agree about them looking stupid/dorky.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4422 on: May 04, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
Finally gonna see a doctor about my mental issues, possibly might have adhd so i'm stoked on getting a huge issue in my life sorted out. Also stoked on getting a shitty job so I can pay for boards and shoes without having to re-use old gear

Not stoked on not getting an internship this year. It's my junior year and I haven't done one yet. So it sucks not being able to have real work experience in my field, but for the summer I'm just gonna make art for myself and hopefully someone will like it and throw money at me.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4423 on: May 05, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
just bought a nice ass leaf blower off this bawtawd looking fellow for $30..had it strapped to his back riding his bmx so it's obviously stolen..chased him down n he wanted $50 but i knew this guy needed some dog drugs..feel kinda shitty about the whole deal but at least i got this fucking blower
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #4424 on: May 05, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
I work in like a trendy office on a campus like setting with a bunch of trendy fucking companies (which is weird because we're like a financial institution, but it's also cool because I don't have to wear BS business casual clothes). Anyways there's a pool on the site and I know my fob has access to the fitness center, but apparently I'm not allowed in the pool. It's probably just for residents or whatever.

Anyways, right next to the pool is this weird little ditch thing that looks fun for skating so I'll have to check that out at some point.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4425 on: May 05, 2017, 05:29:08 PM »
Finally gonna see a doctor about my mental issues, possibly might have adhd so i'm stoked on getting a huge issue in my life sorted out. Also stoked on getting a shitty job so I can pay for boards and shoes without having to re-use old gear

Not stoked on not getting an internship this year. It's my junior year and I haven't done one yet. So it sucks not being able to have real work experience in my field, but for the summer I'm just gonna make art for myself and hopefully someone will like it and throw money at me.
Good to hear you're getting help with it, I've got ADHD as well and it's pretty much fucked up all of high school for me, I've been getting help on and off, but I need to be consistent about it.

Had an exam today and I didn't know one of the questions since it was never brought up/taught to us so I just wrote an album review instead

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

calvinsdream

« Reply #4426 on: May 06, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »
the edibles starting to take hold

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4427 on: May 07, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Good to hear you're getting help with it, I've got ADHD as well and it's pretty much fucked up all of high school for me, I've been getting help on and off, but I need to be consistent about it.

Had an exam today and I didn't know one of the questions since it was never brought up/taught to us so I just wrote an album review instead

what album?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4428 on: May 07, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
One of the other dishwasher got injured (not sure if he's lying or not) and the other is an asshole that just slowed up for 20 minutes and left. This means I had to take on double shifts 2 days on a row, my hands are all cut up and feel specially raw and dry. At least my pay check should be nice
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4429 on: May 09, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
i got my adhd diagnosis the summer before college and started taking meds a few months ago. it's so relieving to just know shit wasn't all your fault, like i carry so much shame about losing track of time and procrastination and i always figured i just got that from my dad.

my deal now is i'm trying to work with my psych on maybe an adult autism diagnosis? which is its own bag of worms. i've always dealt with stuff straight off the DSM like echolalia, trouble with nonverbal communication, and 'specialized interests. its hard trying to talk to my parents about my childhood in that context bc it gets them so down on it, like they did something wrong for me, or maybe they just dont want a 'fucked up' son? but i just wanna know!
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Green Bastard

« Reply #4430 on: May 09, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »
i got my adhd diagnosis the summer before college and started taking meds a few months ago. it's so relieving to just know shit wasn't all your fault, like i carry so much shame about losing track of time and procrastination and i always figured i just got that from my dad.

my deal now is i'm trying to work with my psych on maybe an adult autism diagnosis? which is its own bag of worms. i've always dealt with stuff straight off the DSM like echolalia, trouble with nonverbal communication, and 'specialized interests. its hard trying to talk to my parents about my childhood in that context bc it gets them so down on it, like they did something wrong for me, or maybe they just dont want a 'fucked up' son? but i just wanna know!

I'm not sure how to deal with an autism diagnosis. I know how you feel though cause when I was a kid I was diagnosed with a learning disorder (which is why i suspect I had add for most of my life) but working with your psych is the probably the best route. But I relate a lot to talking to your parents. You kinda have to keep telling them it isn't their fault and reassuring that you have a handle on this, this was kinda the way I was able to see a doctor about this.

Also do you think ADD/ADHD has an affect on skateboarding, I noticed the issues and symptoms of add when I kept trying tricks and not progressing and just getting frustrated. Like I can't turn my mind off and focus when I'm skating flatground.

thomas kook

« Reply #4431 on: May 10, 2017, 05:45:23 AM »
that's weird, i almost feel like this is turning in a support group but i'm being tested for adhd next week after struggling to get anything done in university for four years straight. i thought i was just a bitch but now it turns out it might be adhd but now i still feel like a bitch for blaming my failure on some dumb disease thing. i feel like this view is terribly wrong but i can't help it

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4432 on: May 10, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
that's weird, i almost feel like this is turning in a support group but i'm being tested for adhd next week after struggling to get anything done in university for four years straight. i thought i was just a bitch but now it turns out it might be adhd but now i still feel like a bitch for blaming my failure on some dumb disease thing. i feel like this view is terribly wrong but i can't help it

I think you're right on both. It isn't your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Green Bastard

« Reply #4433 on: May 10, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're right on both. It isn't your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Thats one of the things that fucks me up about learning about add. Looking back on my past I realized that most of my mistakes especially at school weren't entirely my fault, but I still could have sat down and actually studied instead of dicking around playing video games and skating. I mean I still love skating 24/7, but playing battlefield doesn't help my future.

thomas kook

« Reply #4434 on: May 10, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hm, reading that sent me into a pretty nice train of thoughts. in the end i figured i shouldn't dwell on the past too much but i definitely wanna make up for lost time now that i'm onto it. thanks, dude. that really helped for some reason. i'd give you one of the + 1 things if i could

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4435 on: May 10, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »
shotgun league started last night and the only person who shot better than me out of 30 something other guys was my dad. pretty stoked on that. not stoked that i totally fucked up my average for next week though.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4436 on: May 14, 2017, 02:43:16 PM »
stoked- quit my job and sending it to Az for the summer

not stoked- Ive got minimal cash saved so im going to need to find a job asap

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4437 on: May 15, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »

where? PHX? you know it's hot as fuck here in summer
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4438 on: May 15, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol
Good luck skating... I'll see you at the pool dude!

Edit:

AZ summers are like Midwest Winters, you don't skate

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4439 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

lol
Good luck skating... I'll see you at the pool dude!

Edit:

AZ summers are like Midwest Winters, you don't skate

Wow. It sounds like hell. Literally. I would rather shovel snow that getting rapped by the sun. I was born in Cooma tho.