Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 378986 times)

Dwyck

• Rep: -24
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4500 on: May 09, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
i got my adhd diagnosis the summer before college and started taking meds a few months ago. it's so relieving to just know shit wasn't all your fault, like i carry so much shame about losing track of time and procrastination and i always figured i just got that from my dad.

my deal now is i'm trying to work with my psych on maybe an adult autism diagnosis? which is its own bag of worms. i've always dealt with stuff straight off the DSM like echolalia, trouble with nonverbal communication, and 'specialized interests. its hard trying to talk to my parents about my childhood in that context bc it gets them so down on it, like they did something wrong for me, or maybe they just dont want a 'fucked up' son? but i just wanna know!
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4501 on: May 09, 2017, 07:46:36 PM »
i got my adhd diagnosis the summer before college and started taking meds a few months ago. it's so relieving to just know shit wasn't all your fault, like i carry so much shame about losing track of time and procrastination and i always figured i just got that from my dad.

my deal now is i'm trying to work with my psych on maybe an adult autism diagnosis? which is its own bag of worms. i've always dealt with stuff straight off the DSM like echolalia, trouble with nonverbal communication, and 'specialized interests. its hard trying to talk to my parents about my childhood in that context bc it gets them so down on it, like they did something wrong for me, or maybe they just dont want a 'fucked up' son? but i just wanna know!

I'm not sure how to deal with an autism diagnosis. I know how you feel though cause when I was a kid I was diagnosed with a learning disorder (which is why i suspect I had add for most of my life) but working with your psych is the probably the best route. But I relate a lot to talking to your parents. You kinda have to keep telling them it isn't their fault and reassuring that you have a handle on this, this was kinda the way I was able to see a doctor about this.

Also do you think ADD/ADHD has an affect on skateboarding, I noticed the issues and symptoms of add when I kept trying tricks and not progressing and just getting frustrated. Like I can't turn my mind off and focus when I'm skating flatground.

thomas kook

• Rep: 3
  • no
« Reply #4502 on: May 10, 2017, 05:45:23 AM »
that's weird, i almost feel like this is turning in a support group but i'm being tested for adhd next week after struggling to get anything done in university for four years straight. i thought i was just a bitch but now it turns out it might be adhd but now i still feel like a bitch for blaming my failure on some dumb disease thing. i feel like this view is terribly wrong but i can't help it
I want to express my attraction to Morgan Smith. He is such a cutie! I'd love to kiss him, hold hands with him, and snuggle in bed with him. I'm being completely sincere about this.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #4503 on: May 10, 2017, 07:29:56 AM »
that's weird, i almost feel like this is turning in a support group but i'm being tested for adhd next week after struggling to get anything done in university for four years straight. i thought i was just a bitch but now it turns out it might be adhd but now i still feel like a bitch for blaming my failure on some dumb disease thing. i feel like this view is terribly wrong but i can't help it

I think you're right on both. It isn't your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4504 on: May 10, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »

I think you're right on both. It isn't your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Thats one of the things that fucks me up about learning about add. Looking back on my past I realized that most of my mistakes especially at school weren't entirely my fault, but I still could have sat down and actually studied instead of dicking around playing video games and skating. I mean I still love skating 24/7, but playing battlefield doesn't help my future.

thomas kook

• no
« Reply #4505 on: May 10, 2017, 06:37:06 PM »

hm, reading that sent me into a pretty nice train of thoughts. in the end i figured i shouldn't dwell on the past too much but i definitely wanna make up for lost time now that i'm onto it. thanks, dude. that really helped for some reason. i'd give you one of the + 1 things if i could
I want to express my attraction to Morgan Smith. He is such a cutie! I'd love to kiss him, hold hands with him, and snuggle in bed with him. I'm being completely sincere about this.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4506 on: May 10, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »
shotgun league started last night and the only person who shot better than me out of 30 something other guys was my dad. pretty stoked on that. not stoked that i totally fucked up my average for next week though.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #4507 on: May 14, 2017, 02:43:16 PM »
stoked- quit my job and sending it to Az for the summer

not stoked- Ive got minimal cash saved so im going to need to find a job asap

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #4508 on: May 15, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »

where? PHX? you know it's hot as fuck here in summer

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
« Reply #4509 on: May 15, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »

lol
Good luck skating... I'll see you at the pool dude!

Edit:

AZ summers are like Midwest Winters, you don't skate

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #4510 on: May 15, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »

lol

Edit:

Wow. It sounds like hell. Literally. I would rather shovel snow that getting rapped by the sun. I was born in Cooma tho.

badfomyhealth

« Reply #4511 on: May 17, 2017, 02:03:44 PM »
stoked: learned a new trick while waiting for the bus
not stoked: someone yelled "poser" from a passing car

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #4512 on: May 17, 2017, 02:13:17 PM »

lol

Edit:

Need to escape for my own personal reasons

handsclapanin

« Reply #4513 on: May 17, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »
"damn. old fart is doing that wallride switch. guess i'd better learn it regular."
Not stoked on being called old fart today at the skatepark by a 20 something year old whippersnapper.
Stoked on switch wallrides.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4514 on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:31 PM »
Stoked: Picked up the Lance Mountain Spitfire tee, some new Supras and a Bacon deck
Not Stoked on: My friend picked up the Gabriel Rodrigues reissue deck and I'm tempted to pick up new trucks and the deck
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #4515 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
I bought two cellphones in America on my credit card... one for me, one for mom. And now, thanks to the complete breakdown of Brazilian government, the already high dollar is skyrocketing. The bill closes on the 25th, and lord knows how much I'm going to have to pay now. Fuck Temer.

Dwyck

• Rep: -24
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
« Reply #4516 on: May 18, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »
Stoke: class ends today
Stoops: girl i'm seeing is upstate all summer
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
« Reply #4517 on: May 18, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
stoked: learned a new trick while waiting for the bus
not stoked: someone yelled "poser" from a passing car
Buzzfeed is really taking this quiz seriously aren't they?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4518 on: May 21, 2017, 12:59:03 PM »
Just found out that the girl that rejected me some months ago is actually lesbian, so I mean, that is AT LEAST a tie right?

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4519 on: May 21, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
Just found out that the girl that rejected me some months ago is actually lesbian, so I mean, that is AT LEAST a tie right?

I had sex with one of those lesbians that is so deep in it she wears zoo york gear. It was on a very very modern couch that I didn't think we were allowed to even sit on. What I'm saying here is that it doesn't matter, I still had sex and you still got rejected.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4520 on: May 21, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »

I had sex with one of those lesbians that is so deep in it she wears zoo york gear. It was on a very very modern couch that I didn't think we were allowed to even sit on. What I'm saying here is that it doesn't matter, I still had sex and you still got rejected.

Haha

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4521 on: May 21, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »

Haha

How'd you get to that? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just saying. I had sex with a lesbian and you got rejected by one. I've been rejected too, just not by a lesbian so it wasn't a relevant story. That's life man keep your head up.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #4522 on: May 21, 2017, 05:20:44 PM »

Haha

How'd you get to that? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just saying. I had sex with a lesbian and you got rejected by one. I've been rejected too, just not by a lesbian so it wasn't a relevant story. That's life man keep your head up.

Not to toot my own horn, but I totally had sex (and a loving, caring, if only a little off, personal relationship) too. Sexuality isn't a binary. If you appealed to her somehow, she could have made an "exception", in the same way that you could have made an "exception" for a guy who somehow caught your fancy. I know I have...

About crushing on lesbian girls: Hear the dulcet tones of Rivers Cuomo and rejoice in the fact that he, like, knows how that feels, man.

My current crush is super gay, too. I know she'll never see me as I see her, but I'm secretly happy for her making my saturday classes magical. The coolest thing about lesbians is that they look and act like they don't give a fuck about what people think, and that's one great quality for somebody to have.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #4523 on: May 21, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
The coolest thing about lesbians is having casual platonic conversations while imagining them doing lesbian things

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #4524 on: May 22, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
I got picked as a juror for a murder trial

master p

« Reply #4525 on: May 22, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »
Let em free

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #4526 on: May 23, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

My dad got drafted for jury duty, or whatever you call it, right after the 2008 elections. He pretended to be asleep, so they didn't pick him, and told him to leave.

edit:
I have a job as an auditor at a small inn/motel. It doesn't pay much but I only have to do 30 minutes of actual work, out of 8 hours. The only problem is that I still fuck around, instead of doing side gigs for extra income. I would pile out when I didn't have a job and I would not do anything to better myself when I was working overtime. I'm in a perfect medium right now, but have poor time management skills. For a couple minutes, I considered checking out a book on time management, but I'm leaning towards a phone app or planner.

edit:
I just spent the past two hours on here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:47:50 PM by Pigeon »
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4527 on: May 23, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »
I stayed back in town instead of going home to pay a credit card and keep my friend company for a while.
The pros: I can skate so much more, hang out with friends, I'm talking to this girl and I'm home alone with her when she comes over, and I don't have people's messes to clean up over and over again
Cons: It gets lonely (this is the first time I've been alone so long), it's in the high 90s low 100s, and I'm not sure if the girl really wants to do something or not but I appreciate the company.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shark tits

« Reply #4528 on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
seen my childhood best friend, stoked. the army/afghanistan done fucked his head up some, not stoked. maybe it's temporary? trying to maintain some stoke. 
"don't do war, won't be no war" -- martin lawrence

behavioralguide

• Rep: 97
  • dog stuff
« Reply #4529 on: June 05, 2017, 01:58:12 AM »
As I was leaving the train together with my girlfriend, there apparently was a hot chick whos face lit up as she saw me, according to my girlfriend. I was pretty stoked because I did see the girl look really happy at me i just didnt know whatfor. Just bummed we didnt lock eyes in the moment itself.
But then again stoked that my girl was stoked and did see it, so overall stoked i guess