Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709473 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4500 on: July 03, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
Not stoked: Helped friends move and stepped on a tack that went through my shoe and stabbed my foot, chipped a tooth attempting to drink water from a canteen in a car, might be working all week long, I was exhausted all last week from over thinking about stuff, and ran out of coffee
Stoked: Finally slept more than 4 hours, actually in a good mood, next pay check looks like it has potential, I have a reason to spend more time skating switch, and I get paid today so might take advantage of the ever so dangerous sale thread
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #4501 on: July 03, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »
Stoked: Got a photo of myself in the Photograffiti section of the August Thrasher issue.

Not Stoked: Back to back midterms for summer classes, gonna be studying non stop the whole week and weekend. Fuck that shit.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #4502 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
Started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago to get myself unfat. Fucked up my back though.
you never know about pre-cum 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4503 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »
stoked: getting a ride up to school to spend the 4th with this girl and other upperclassmen, going to dawdle around town all and maybe hit the mini
not stoked: getting a ton of apps out and not a lot of interviews, my band's drummer just left to see his dad for two weeks

shes cute, tobey
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4504 on: July 06, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
Been in the new place for a month. Really like the place; it's huge, he location is killer, management seems competent... but my downstairs neighbor smokes so much weed from 6:00 pm until 1:00 am. Like it comes in even if the windows are shut and the AC is on. I don't care about people getting high, but I have a kid up here. And I think they have a kid too, so that's extra shitty. I asked the manager what the smoking policy is, not snitching on anyone, and people can smoke inside, but not on the balconies. They definitely smoke on the balcony.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #4505 on: July 06, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
Stoked: Got a photo of myself in the Photograffiti section of the August Thrasher issue.

Rad! Is that you with the 180 NG in SF?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4507 on: July 07, 2017, 01:07:44 PM »
got my first job that isnt selling weed, it sucks. i work for a glorified restaurant now, totally shitty. on top of that  the lady left me to "find herself" and moved out of town. being single is cool but also sucks. this job has made me realize i should have put more thought into my life. i really wish i could have a job working in the skateboard industry or something similar.

peaks and valleys..
even the steven

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #4508 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »
Went to a villager signing today. The coconut water in itself tasted pretty gross (besides the chocolate flavoured one) but it was still cool getting to meet all the pros. I was ok talking to everyone (P-rod, Kenny Anderson, Guy, etc) but the second I got to AVE i totally choked; I fanned out a little too hard and got nervous talking to him, not to mention the dude was intimidating as fuck. Dollin once said in an interview that AVE is the kinda guy you can't help but look away from when you're talking to him and it's so true. I tried to spark up a brief conversation with him on photosynthesis but he didn't seem too interested in talking, the conversation lasted all but fifteen seconds; he had that tone where you could tell he was pretending like he was interested just to be nice but really wasn't. Out of all of them Guy seemed the nicest and most genuinely interested to talk to the fans.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4509 on: July 08, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »
Watching old footage and realizing I'll never have the ability/will-power to huck myself again.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4510 on: July 08, 2017, 08:35:02 AM »
Watching old footage and realizing I'll never have the ability/will-power to huck myself again.

watching your clips these past couple years, your style has gotten really good .. just bring your pop/tricks to unique spots and you'll make many happy
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4511 on: July 08, 2017, 08:41:41 AM »

I'm glad skating, at least enough of a chunk of it to make a difference, is moving/has moved away from hucking. I'm 75 years old I can't do it and I won't do it. I'm not content "having fun" and doing slappies I like to push myself and do things I've never done before or haven't done in awhile, but I'll be goddamned if I'm throwing myself off of anything ever again.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4512 on: July 08, 2017, 10:00:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

watching your clips these past couple years, your style has gotten really good .. just bring your pop/tricks to unique spots and you'll make many happy
Whoa. Thanks, man. That means a lot. I have something in the works at the moment. Hopefully it'll be out around September.

Expand Quote
[close]

I'm glad skating, at least enough of a chunk of it to make a difference, is moving/has moved away from hucking. I'm 75 years old I can't do it and I won't do it. I'm not content "having fun" and doing slappies I like to push myself and do things I've never done before or haven't done in awhile, but I'll be goddamned if I'm throwing myself off of anything ever again.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on that. I miss the feeling of pushing myself like that, but I'm not going out of my way for it anymore.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4513 on: July 09, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
bought some romero laced today for cheap, but won't skate them cause they're non-suede (nubuk) and wouldn't last at all... and i needed new skateshoes, stupid me

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4514 on: July 09, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
Had a full blown meltdown at my local park yesterday.
Bashed both knees, getz'd my board to pieces, chucked it, and drove away without batting an eye.

Not stoked on the fact that I have to get a new Christmas complete.
Stoked that the only other person at the park was this kid in the distance meaning he had to have picked up the remains of that old setup.

I hate getting angry on a session but I guess it was just pent up from bottling everything in my being.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4515 on: July 09, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
Bashed both knees, getz'd my board to pieces, chucked it, and drove away without batting an eye.

Stoked that the only other person at the park was this kid in the distance meaning he had to have picked up the remains of that old setup.

I hate getting angry on a session but I guess it was just pent up from bottling everything in my being.

I had an almost identical situation yesterday but I hate new trucks/giving things to people so I bought mine home with me.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #4516 on: July 09, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWk6JcheLMU

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4517 on: July 09, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »
Let the girl know she wasn't being clear and after some arguing we decided to be friends and left the friends with benefits title (she didn't want any benefits). Finally broke my dry spell to break up sex. Pretty weird feeling post couitus
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4518 on: July 12, 2017, 12:41:14 AM »
About a week sober with clean intentions only to magically receive a free bottle of dog drugs today.

frontflip

« Reply #4519 on: July 12, 2017, 12:59:57 AM »
About a week sober with clean intentions only to magically receive a free bottle of dog drugs today.
These last 3 months I been sober have been the boringest shit ever. Put my passenger seat up on craigslist yesterday so I can get that 1800petmeds.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4520 on: July 15, 2017, 09:23:39 AM »
Pretty stoked in general right now. Woke up early and had the skatepark to myself for over an hour. Rest of the weekend is looking great too. Not stoked that my stereo seems to be crapping out on me. Might just need new wires, but it might just be time to replace the thing.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4521 on: July 15, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
German chocolate cake for breakfast.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4522 on: July 16, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »
Both dudes I skate with regularly bailed on a session today.
I was pretty bummed and then it started raining.
 I hadn't skated since last Sunday and was on the verge of a meltdown/ cabin fever freak out
The rain broke and it dried up in time to catch about an hour at the park.
Couple other local guys were there so it ended up being ok.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4523 on: July 18, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »
Ran some errands before I meet M'lady and I found a stray dog. Cutest fucking thing ever, all black, kind of seemed like a mixed lab mixed pitbull sort of deal, he was basically a puppy. Anyway, I never been in this situation before and the dog had a collar on but no tags so I called the police. When I was doing that and also trying to move my car so other cars can get by in the parking lot the little fucker ran right out in the middle of the street and almost got hit by a car. He went in this auto shop and thats where his owner was. She thanked me for helping her dog out but just having a mini heart attack when he went out on the road was the worst I ever felt and it wasn't even my dog

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4524 on: July 20, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
My dad just bought himself a longboard and some Kyle Walker vans. He told me he put a Tactics Boardshop sticker on his helmet.

Kinda think it's sick that he's 61 and wants to skateboard but...yeah lol.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4525 on: July 20, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
Skate Wise is (sorta) back, but when I hold it up to any other podcast ive gotten into since the hiatus it's a mess
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #4526 on: July 24, 2017, 03:11:07 AM »
a month ago my girlfriend of six and a half years told me that she doesn't think it works anymore and that she doesn't love me anymore.....what a monday!

so i felt like shit for a week but had a rad place to stay/ couch surf at my friends place for three weeks. Same evening i had a room in an appartment of a friend. had to wait three weeks till the guy that lived there got his shit out and i could move in. so i stayed on my homies couch and had a fucking great time for the time being there with him.

Before moving i got an eye infection that got worse during moving but my friends helped me out big time. and yesterday we nearly got done with arranging the room wich took a backseat for the week cause i had a pretty heavy breakdown/ emotional hangover on wednesday.....it was the longest relationship i have been in so far, so i guess that is alright. thursday i went to work and my body shut down.....couldn't eat legs stated aching and i generally just felt like shit. Doctor put me off work, thank god so i could hang with my dog, that my ex girlfriend and me got four years ago. we both take care of him, everybody for a couple days a week. finally after arranging the room and putting boards on the wall, Pictures etc it looks like my room and i start feeling at home after feeling homeless.

the time now is this weird mixed feelings type deal where you are bummed, maybe even devastated that something is over but after a while i could see the positive side of things- the room is way cheaper/ in my budget than the appartment my ex girl and me lived in and i can decorate my shit the way i fucking like it and i only have to care about myself and do my thing.

so i could have said it short and sweet: i am not stoked that it is over but i am stoked as fuck it is over for a million little reasons! still felt good to type it and let a little of it out.

my dog hendrix is a great wingman and i met a pretty girl on the walkies yesterday due to him wich is rad!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #4527 on: July 24, 2017, 11:47:44 AM »
keep yo muthafuckin head up..

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4528 on: July 24, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »
I got my schedule yesterday from work, i only work one fucking day this week. more time to skate but less money. it's giving me anxiety, i need a more consistent gig. i didn't even get 20 hours last week
even the steven

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4529 on: July 24, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »
I got my schedule yesterday from work, i only work one fucking day this week. more time to skate but less money. it's giving me anxiety, i need a more consistent gig. i didn't even get 20 hours last week

the squeaky wheel gets the grease. talk to your boss about getting more hours or find a new job.