Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709234 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4530 on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:54 AM »
keep yo muthafuckin head up..

^will do, thanks!!!

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4531 on: July 25, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
Expand Quote
I got my schedule yesterday from work, i only work one fucking day this week. more time to skate but less money. it's giving me anxiety, i need a more consistent gig. i didn't even get 20 hours last week
[close]

the squeaky wheel gets the grease. talk to your boss about getting more hours or find a new job.

I did that, we have 3 low level managers and a GM. i spoke to the cool one and even he thought it was weird. let's hope i get some more hours. in any case i've been putting in a lot of thought into what career id like to do but the only thing i can come up with is being a security guard, so i don't have to deal with people. it's not that i dislike people it's just these kinds of people. no one is into what i'm into and it's alienating. all they talk about is going to the gym, who is winning what game and drinking

even the steven

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4532 on: July 26, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »
a month ago my girlfriend of six and a half years told me that she doesn't think it works anymore and that she doesn't love me anymore.....what a monday!

so i felt like shit for a week but had a rad place to stay/ couch surf at my friends place for three weeks. Same evening i had a room in an appartment of a friend. had to wait three weeks till the guy that lived there got his shit out and i could move in. so i stayed on my homies couch and had a fucking great time for the time being there with him.

Before moving i got an eye infection that got worse during moving but my friends helped me out big time. and yesterday we nearly got done with arranging the room wich took a backseat for the week cause i had a pretty heavy breakdown/ emotional hangover on wednesday.....it was the longest relationship i have been in so far, so i guess that is alright. thursday i went to work and my body shut down.....couldn't eat legs stated aching and i generally just felt like shit. Doctor put me off work, thank god so i could hang with my dog, that my ex girlfriend and me got four years ago. we both take care of him, everybody for a couple days a week. finally after arranging the room and putting boards on the wall, Pictures etc it looks like my room and i start feeling at home after feeling homeless.

the time now is this weird mixed feelings type deal where you are bummed, maybe even devastated that something is over but after a while i could see the positive side of things- the room is way cheaper/ in my budget than the appartment my ex girl and me lived in and i can decorate my shit the way i fucking like it and i only have to care about myself and do my thing.

so i could have said it short and sweet: i am not stoked that it is over but i am stoked as fuck it is over for a million little reasons! still felt good to type it and let a little of it out.

my dog hendrix is a great wingman and i met a pretty girl on the walkies yesterday due to him wich is rad!

sucks feeling like you have to rebuild part of your life from scratch after investing so much of it into a relationship, but rest assured it wasn't 'lost' time for any of the both of you. that relationship will have marked the both of you forever with some essential teachings, that's as timeless as it gets and you're fully armed to move on & better tackle existence with yourself at your full potential now.

i think i can feel for what you're going through because your old girlfriend situation was the exact same as mine (together for 6 and a half years, living together in a somewhat comfortable place... if the 87 in your user name is your birth date then we're the same age too) and things regularly go to shit on my end (our relationship is particularly complicated for a variety of reasons) so much that i find myself constantly envisioning the possibility of this lifestyle coming to an end and i know it wouldn't exactly be easy to handle. anyway you've gone through the worst part, now keep your head up !

wheelies

« Reply #4533 on: July 29, 2017, 04:41:24 AM »
My old roomate was apparently some OG Brooklyn dude in the 80s drug game, killed a guy apparently. He has a book written by a cop about him. And I lived with him for a minute, I can see it though. He never told me though, I just found out.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4534 on: July 29, 2017, 07:43:43 AM »
Not stoked on severe depression and anxiety.
Stoked on the therapy that is skateboarding.

Also stoked on posting again (been in lurk mode).

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4535 on: July 29, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
Not stoked on severe depression and anxiety.
Stoked on the therapy that is skateboarding.

Also stoked on posting again (been in lurk mode).

I second this. between 3-4 hours a day is really helping me feel better. i got my schedule again from work, one fucking day again!
I'm in a rut deep enough to hang up posters
even the steven

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #4536 on: July 30, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »
Went to an Echo n the Bunnnymen and Violent Femmes show last night, that was rad...

Rick Howards skatin went through my mind when The Cutter played...

Waitin for my sister and niece-in-law getting in the car, (they were slackin) I bombed the hill at my old lady's parents house. Went down a new line and long story short, I think my hand's broken... 

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #4537 on: July 31, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »
Expand Quote
a month ago my girlfriend of six and a half years told me that she doesn't think it works anymore and that she doesn't love me anymore.....what a monday!

so i felt like shit for a week but had a rad place to stay/ couch surf at my friends place for three weeks. Same evening i had a room in an appartment of a friend. had to wait three weeks till the guy that lived there got his shit out and i could move in. so i stayed on my homies couch and had a fucking great time for the time being there with him.

Before moving i got an eye infection that got worse during moving but my friends helped me out big time. and yesterday we nearly got done with arranging the room wich took a backseat for the week cause i had a pretty heavy breakdown/ emotional hangover on wednesday.....it was the longest relationship i have been in so far, so i guess that is alright. thursday i went to work and my body shut down.....couldn't eat legs stated aching and i generally just felt like shit. Doctor put me off work, thank god so i could hang with my dog, that my ex girlfriend and me got four years ago. we both take care of him, everybody for a couple days a week. finally after arranging the room and putting boards on the wall, Pictures etc it looks like my room and i start feeling at home after feeling homeless.

the time now is this weird mixed feelings type deal where you are bummed, maybe even devastated that something is over but after a while i could see the positive side of things- the room is way cheaper/ in my budget than the appartment my ex girl and me lived in and i can decorate my shit the way i fucking like it and i only have to care about myself and do my thing.

so i could have said it short and sweet: i am not stoked that it is over but i am stoked as fuck it is over for a million little reasons! still felt good to type it and let a little of it out.

my dog hendrix is a great wingman and i met a pretty girl on the walkies yesterday due to him wich is rad!
[close]

sucks feeling like you have to rebuild part of your life from scratch after investing so much of it into a relationship, but rest assured it wasn't 'lost' time for any of the both of you. that relationship will have marked the both of you forever with some essential teachings, that's as timeless as it gets and you're fully armed to move on & better tackle existence with yourself at your full potential now.

i think i can feel for what you're going through because your old girlfriend situation was the exact same as mine (together for 6 and a half years, living together in a somewhat comfortable place... if the 87 in your user name is your birth date then we're the same age too) and things regularly go to shit on my end (our relationship is particularly complicated for a variety of reasons) so much that i find myself constantly envisioning the possibility of this lifestyle coming to an end and i know it wouldn't exactly be easy to handle. anyway you've gone through the worst part, now keep your head up !

thanks for the kind words!

i feel pretty good by now....not totally fine still, but pretty good. the deep depression about it went away last week.

and yeah i am born in '87.....looking forward to my 30th birthday on saturday/ sunday.....so the party is on saturday into the sunday. get the dog on sunday and also look forward to hang out with him till next thursday then. and i am off work/ on vacation for over a week starting this weekend. shitty thing is that my eye infection seems to come back but so far the eye drops i still have work kinda good, so fuck this.

i am having the best/ worst time of my life so far. i feel like as shitty as the situation is the better everything around it works. i feel totally different, listen to waaay more music, listen to it in a different way that is hard to explain and i feel/ act way more positive towards my friends during a skate session and on the day to day basis too.

finally making a beer free day today.......shit's been too fun all weekend so i gotta chill on it through the week again to get back into work for good.

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #4538 on: August 03, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing okay, Chillclinton87. I was born in '87 too. Turned 30 in March and had gone through a rough breakup with a live-in, long term girlfriend, (fiance in my case) a while ago. It can be devastating but now is a good time to focus on you. Probably sounds cliche but you'll be way better off in the end. I wish you the best of luck.

Stoked that my Dad's cancer is in remission and he is doing well post-op. This sounds incredibly morbid but hopefully he lives a much longer life and moves on along another way.

Not stoked that the girl I had a crush on since February is in a relationship now. I blew it. The problem was I valued her friendship too much to risk making a move. Sounds really lame but as of right now, I don't have any friends, ZERO (except her). So I feared making our friendship weird by possibly being rejected. Stoked that at least, for now, she is happy. Hopefully, I can hang with her without wondering about "intentions" and what not.

Kind of relieved.

Here Come The Lame Jets

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4539 on: August 03, 2017, 09:50:50 PM »
I have an interview with a local dispensary tomorrow.

i was skating my only spot tonight and about an hour in i tried a nollie f/s pop shuv and it slipped out and i landed on my lower back.  i also drank half a redline before starting and now im juiced but i feel disoriented, but not crippled. it sucks  because i can't normally skate the college like i sued to before getting kicked out and since it was the fair tonight everyone's gone and it was clear...i feel robbed of an otherwise great session.

to the guys going through the break-ups, I'm in the same boat. she had me convinced we were down for the count and then she skedaddled after very nearly 3 years of living together. it sucks and i hope you guys also have an easy time overcoming the stress of it. i feel few things are more detrimental to a mans confidence.

"when a woman says she needs to talk you might as well start punching yourself in the balls man"
even the steven

Pigeon

« Reply #4540 on: August 04, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »
"when a woman says she needs to talk you might as well start putting your balls in another woman's mouth [consenually]"
had to add the consenually part after the Active Erica thread

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4541 on: August 04, 2017, 06:08:36 PM »
Cons:
New guy at my job quit and now I'm back to working closing shift for 6 days a week.
Less time to skate, again
Worsens my eczema and has messed up my wrists
Pros:
I get a better paycheck, even if it's minimum
I can be a slight asshole and get away with it
I can be slightly more reckless with money
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4542 on: August 09, 2017, 04:12:30 AM »
Just got a new wind screen for my bike and it looks awesome. But it's raining every day this week so I can't try it out.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4543 on: August 09, 2017, 08:32:52 AM »
I'm in the recent big break up club as well, but mine was my doing. I dunno about you guys but having been in one relationship or another pretty much my whole life I found it really strange to adapt to seeing women in a more casual way. Its been fun and I've had some good wild times but I still sometimes feel shit in a moment of reflection. Best thing about it for me as cliche as it sounds has been the chance for me to get a proper sense of myself not considering anyone else's viewpoint/ how someone else is affected by me and my choices.

Stoked but not stoked: pitched a dish at the restaurant I work at, big boss was happy and it'll going on the menu with one minor tweak. This is the first time I'll have my own dish on the menu in a proper/nice restaurant and I feel like I should feel some sense of accomplishment but right now I just don't quite have it. Maybe that'll come when I actually see it going out to customers.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4544 on: August 09, 2017, 09:44:22 AM »
I took 4 beautiful, perfect dumps before noon but I feel like that's a lot.

calvinsdream

« Reply #4545 on: August 09, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »

Usually if I take 4 dumps before noon they are anything but beautiful

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4546 on: August 09, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Usually if I take 4 dumps before noon they are anything but beautiful

Same I'm usually like that 19 kids and counting lady. The more there are they just start coming out dead. Today was special though.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4547 on: August 09, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
^ you crack me up sfb
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4548 on: August 10, 2017, 05:37:32 AM »
Cons:
-School schedule might lead me to leave job
-Investing time and affection into a person to find out that you barely have anything in common
Pros:
-School is about to start
-Christmas complete
-Knowing that I'm so much closer to obtaining a Bachelors in my desired field (going for Ph.D)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #4549 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:25 PM »
I've been guzzling a ton of skate-related media recently and while it's been getting me super stoked on skating, it also bums me out quite a bit because I still can't skate a tenth as good as I could before I broke my ankle--I'm still literally unable to ollie because my ankle won't allow it. So while I've been getting really hyped on skating as a whole with so much good shit coming out lately, I have zero motivation to actually skate; it doesn't help that I felt like I was really progressing and starting to get a lot better at it too. I've been going weeks at a time without touching my board and although I've been doing plenty of other shit, I feel like my summer's been completely wasted and I move into my dorm in a couple of weeks. I just want my ankle to be back to normal already. I guess this belongs more in things you are not stoked on but whatever.

tl;dr: totally stoked on skating as a whole, totally not stoked on my ankle's inability to allow me to skate

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4550 on: August 12, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »
I've been progressing with my skating like never before but i'm going through my shoes and deck quickly. the lack of hours work is giving me is making me really nervous that i won't be able to continue skating, i'll fucking die if i don't skate. i wish i could get a job being a custodian at dlx, anything to keep me around skateboarding
even the steven

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4551 on: August 13, 2017, 07:02:11 PM »
Skated for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was a blast. Not stoked on how sore I am

Pigeon

« Reply #4552 on: August 13, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »
not stoked on how much time I've wasted on Facebook...
stoked on the fact that you can use your phone number for Tinder now, so it was easy for me to delete my Facebook

not stoked on the data Facebook has collected from me over the years, as well as my digital footprint. On top of that, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp and probably more apps that I use are owned by Facebook.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4553 on: August 14, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
not stoked on how much time I've wasted on Facebook...
stoked on the fact that you can use your phone number for Tinder now, so it was easy for me to delete my Facebook

not stoked on the data Facebook has collected from me over the years, as well as my digital footprint. On top of that, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp and probably more apps that I use are owned by Facebook.

Trading your public facebook page for your private phone number is in no way a better deal. They already had a ton of your information, and now you handed them the rest.

Pigeon

« Reply #4554 on: August 14, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
^
My number was already linked to Facebook. I wasted a lot of time on there, reading comments on news stories, and "liking," stuff...just didn't want to waste as much time on Facebook when I could be on here, YouTube and porn sites. Tinder was the only benefit of having a Facebook because I can get ahold of anyone I need to through texting or calling.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4555 on: August 14, 2017, 04:11:51 PM »
had some dude spit on me from a balcony 5 or 6 stories (barely even) above a spot i was trying to film a trick at because he was sick of the noise - no warning, no sign of presence, nothing, just straight up spit after barely a handful of attempts too. i just randomly look at my leg, see spit, look above and see this dumbass with his head sticking out staring at me, must have been in his 50's too. only after he saw i had spotted him, he started vocally spouting at me that i should leave and blah blah. probably would have if the dude had been even just remotely civilized but he had just spat on me so of course now i was clearly staying and keeping trying my trick. 20 mins later he started relentlessly throwing buckets of water out of his window in between every try, which was really pathetic because i had been staying away from his building on my run-ups ever since the spit incident (i literally wasn't anywhere near his spot anymore) so he really was just mindlessly wasting water like a dumbass. ended up making the trick just as he threw another one and all my friends flipped him off at the same time upon my landing

not stoked on the attitude, stoked on working for and getting a trick against all odds
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:15:32 PM by silhouette »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4556 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »
binge watching robin williams comedy and interviews on youtube
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Pigeon

« Reply #4557 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »
coffee makes me tweak...it takes a bit for me to get focused and actually get work done.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4558 on: August 16, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »
coffee makes me tweak...it takes a bit for me to get focused and actually get work done.

i drink pretty strong coffee too much will make me feel like shit, but for some reason i like that tweaky feeling. i wouldnt drink it if it didnt have that effect on me.

whats a little weird is that i hate adderall and any uppers like that. that stuff gets to my head and my brain starts going faster than it can handle. caffeine is more of a body buzz.

Pigeon

« Reply #4559 on: August 21, 2017, 02:00:17 AM »
I got accepted for walking dogs on Wag, but have only managed to get one walk since Friday. All the walks get taken by other people before I can even accept them. At least I got $18+$6 tip for a 30-40 minute walk...I just want some extra cash. It probably works better in SF or NY, though.