Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709415 times)

delaware county

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4590 on: September 08, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
Just started dating somebody officially for the first time in years

not stoked on the fact white nationalist/nazi/kkk people just got approved to get a permit to "protest" a block away from the tattoo shop I work at in 8 days. Charlottesville was such a tragedy, now it seems my city is at stake

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4591 on: September 08, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
Some old army buddies were in town, went to some food trucks and karaoke, broke my sobriety. It wasn't firm, I planned on drinking again. Held it tonmederation, rappednsome cypress hill and sang Danzig.

Not stoked on waking up several hours later feeling guilty as fuck, holy shit.

Don't worry man, it happens, just don't let it continue.  That's the difference between a lapse and a relapse.  It was fun to party with your old friends, but remember how good you felt sober.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #4592 on: September 08, 2017, 02:38:10 PM »

not stoked on the fact white nationalist/nazi/kkk people just got approved to get a permit to "protest" a block away from the tattoo shop I work at in 8 days. Charlottesville was such a tragedy, now it seems my city is at stake

Man, I got just the opposite.  I was walking to the metro in DC on Wednesday on 23rd Street and saw a ton of cop cars blocking off the road, like 8-10 cop cars.  My first thought was, "Someone got shot."  Next thing I hear is about 500 people marching down a main DC street doing a call and repeat, "Black lives matter" then "Here."  It was really loud with drums and mics.  It was a cool thing to see on the way home from work. 

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4593 on: September 08, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »
Going to see Stephen King's "IT" tonight for the opening night. Stoked cause I've read nothing but awesome reviews.

Not stoked on the fact that I took the time to re read the entire "Dark Tower" series in anticipation of that adaptation and it sucked balls. Guess I should've just re read "IT"...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4594 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »
Going to see Stephen King's "IT" tonight for the opening night. Stoked cause I've read nothing but awesome reviews.

Not stoked on the fact that I took the time to re read the entire "Dark Tower" series in anticipation of that adaptation and it sucked balls. Guess I should've just re read "IT"...
I did that, and it completely took me out of what should have been a fun movie going experience.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #4595 on: September 09, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man, I got just the opposite.  I was walking to the metro in DC on Wednesday on 23rd Street and saw a ton of cop cars blocking off the road, like 8-10 cop cars.  My first thought was, "Someone got shot."  Next thing I hear is about 500 people marching down a main DC street doing a call and repeat, "Black lives matter" then "Here."  It was really loud with drums and mics.  It was a cool thing to see on the way home from work. 

The unite the right dudes just lost the permit, apparently it's still happening here though. It'll just be disguised as a "save the monuments" thing which is a bummer. So many protests have been so violent lately. DC always seems to be tense whenever I'm up there skating. I'm glad the good guys are out there standing up to these idiots without masks and shields. Stay safe!

shark tits

« Reply #4596 on: September 09, 2017, 01:39:01 PM »
so i grew beets for some unknown reason. must've looked neat at the nursery or my quest for novelty. for anyways, they grew well so i got my mom to look up a borscht stew like my hero raskolnikov usedta eat.
so, stoked on growing beets but not stoked on eating beets.

coupedepill

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4597 on: September 09, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »
Expand Quote
I've hung out with this lady twice but still no ass. so far all i've gotten was a really awkward kiss. i stood up all night with her drinking md 20/20 and bullshitting. she seems cool but i don't think it's going anywhere.

[close]

What flavor of maddog was it

Blue barber comb gel?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4598 on: September 09, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've hung out with this lady twice but still no ass. so far all i've gotten was a really awkward kiss. i stood up all night with her drinking md 20/20 and bullshitting. she seems cool but i don't think it's going anywhere.

[close]

[close]

Blue barber comb gel?

md 20/20 is most likely watered down barbicide, it was orange, that's all i recall. still amazed i didn't get any with the md invovled. the last time i drank md with lady she gave up the anal
even the steven

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4599 on: September 10, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »
so i grew beets for some unknown reason. must've looked neat at the nursery or my quest for novelty. for anyways, they grew well so i got my mom to look up a borscht stew like my hero raskolnikov usedta eat.
beetroot hummus though son ;)
I honestly wish I lived near you just so I could come and collect all this food you grow that you don't want

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #4600 on: September 10, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
beetroot hummus though son ;)
I honestly wish I lived near you just so I could come and collect all this food you grow that you don't want
oh, i eat it i just complain. if i ever do beets agian i'm gonna harvest the greens. maybe as a trade crop but i've got that 'kids are starving in china' attitude from being homeless so i eat everything.
that said, i do get a surplus and i would totally break bread. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4601 on: September 10, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »
wait you didn't harvest the greens either? >:( fry them shits up with some garlic and it's amazing
also, juice your beets son. Even just beetroot and watermelon is amazing.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4602 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
So I work in a kitchen, I have been stepping in as lead cook ( since they fired the guy who was lead cook) . Anyway our deli girl just walked out and a catering that calls for 20 sandwiches got moved from Thursday to tomorrow morning. We have a manager who is fairly new. It's kinda fun watching her crack under the pressure. She is on the slicer sweating her ass off because everyone else is busy doing their own work.
We have been pretty short staffed for a while now so I'm pretty used to it. I was the guy catching everything and making sure it all runs smoothly but now that I'm nailed down into a position I can't. I feel bad that she is stressing out but I am enjoying the show.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4603 on: September 12, 2017, 01:48:57 AM »
^ i also work in a kitchen and just found out one of the managers thinks i'm ready to train for the line cook, broil side. I've only been and expo/dish washer for about 6 months. i'm stoked but also nervous. usually you work your way up from fry side then to mid and finally to broil.
even the steven

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4604 on: September 12, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
^ i also work in a kitchen and just found out one of the managers thinks i'm ready to train for the line cook, broil side. I've only been and expo/dish washer for about 6 months. i'm stoked but also nervous. usually you work your way up from fry side then to mid and finally to broil.
Dope I hope the transition goes well for you. I started out on the grill 3 years ago now I run the night shift. All you have to do to kill it is give a shit.

Pigeon

« Reply #4605 on: September 12, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
I'm moving back to San Fransisco, without much money saved up...going to have to be frugal, start walking more dogs through Wag in my spare time, pick up a second job, and keep working towards becoming a web developer. It's going to suck for the next year or so, and I know I'm going to have to cut back on time I spend skating/fucking around. At the same time, it's one of the few places where I feel happy, without wanting to get fucked up. Plus, I really hate Texas.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #4606 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dope I hope the transition goes well for you. I started out on the grill 3 years ago now I run the night shift. All you have to do to kill it is give a shit.

thank you man, i'm excited because it feels more like i have a real job. thank you for the advice, i shall give more of a fuck than the average joe
even the steven

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #4607 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:42 AM »
have a pretty sick construction/framing job right now. Never done much framing or anything. Done lots of construction. But my boss expects me to know so much shit. Stoked on the job for sure.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4608 on: September 13, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »
Power's been out since Irma hit and is expected to come back on overnight. I bet it sucks but I wouldn't know because first thing after the storm passed I hopped on over to the universal resorts and may never go home.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #4609 on: September 13, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »
have a pretty sick construction/framing job right now. Never done much framing or anything. Done lots of construction. But my boss expects me to know so much shit. Stoked on the job for sure.

Get some books and start reading, stoked for you man.

calvinsdream

« Reply #4610 on: September 14, 2017, 12:57:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Blue barber comb gel?
[close]

md 20/20 is most likely watered down barbicide, it was orange, that's all i recall. still amazed i didn't get any with the md invovled. the last time i drank md with lady she gave up the anal

The last time I drank md 20/20 with a woman she drank most of it on the way to the bar then vomited all over the floor of the bar and me before passing out

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4611 on: September 14, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »

Framing is basically a fun math class where you actually use this math in real life instead of learning the quadratic formula for no fucking reason. So just look at it like math. If you are good math you should have no problem with it, if you aren't, fuck it you can use you a calculator. My teachers encouraged that because they always said "no one is going to tell you you're not allowed to use a calculator on the job"

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4612 on: September 14, 2017, 07:07:50 PM »

Awesome, good luck! If you had any love for cooking outside of work you'll be fine! To be honest I skipped even the dishwash and went straight onto saute/grill sections, although admittedly at first in shitty restaurants. If you already know the basic differences between good and bad cooking you just need to learn efficiency & timing to be an absolute machine.

Not stoked: I'm seeing out the last weeks of a job while waiting for a new opening. Day to day I'm often super bored and finding it difficult to properly care about everything in the kitchen in the way I did before I had plans to go. Current place has also hired a bad bunch of youngbloods that seem to forget everything anyone shows them in a day or two and can be dangerously dumb.

Stoked: I have the freedom to order pretty much anything I want to play around with as the chef is tied up with babysitting morons and mountains of paperwork. Its nice to have this freedom to get a bit creative/ experiment with ingredients I'm not that familiar with. Also all the staff seem to enjoy the tastings that I put up every so often & I get a broad spectrum of feedback on anything I make which is often very instructive.

All in all I can't complain, I just feel like I'm on pause, waiting for the next thing to start.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4613 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Blue barber comb gel?
[close]

[close]

The last time I drank md 20/20 with a woman she drank most of it on the way to the bar then vomited all over the floor of the bar and me before passing out
This sounds about right.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4614 on: September 16, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
just got an hj
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Pigeon

« Reply #4615 on: September 16, 2017, 04:03:11 PM »
just got an hj
I hope you didn't pay for it.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4616 on: September 16, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »
Expand Quote
just got an hj
[close]
I hope you didn't pay for it.

i was just reg naked
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4617 on: September 17, 2017, 03:27:22 AM »
Yesterday I was flying to vietnam in a work trip with my colleagues but then I was blocked on the airport because of some issues with the visa. I had the shittiest day ever because of it, really stressful since I had to deal with last minute problems all by my own (which I was clueless how to resolve) Now I finally got in and am flying in less than 2 hours. Its not a direct flight anymore but hopefully everything goes fine.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4618 on: September 17, 2017, 05:48:01 PM »
I'm in the beginning phases of buying my first house. It's really exciting to think that I might own my own fucking house in a few months, but it's super overwhelming. The market in my area is super high too and there are not really a lot of decent, liveable homes in the price range I can afford. Almost anything affordable gets picked up and flipped and I don't have the experience or the money to do that kind of work to a house.

Pigeon

« Reply #4619 on: September 20, 2017, 02:50:17 AM »
I got one of those Tikka Masala dinners from Trader Joe's...enjoyed eating it, but not shitting it...constipation+diarrhea.