Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380304 times)

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • personal text
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4710 on: October 05, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »
i took a gamble on a fart and lost, but at least i was at home when it happened.

yungapplejuice

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4711 on: October 06, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »
Here we go  . . I used to help run a fairly popular forum for this nerdy otaku based community some friends and I created & definitely grew up on various pc gaming clan bb's before that . . had esl teammates come through to a live show when I was still gigging , and made lifelong friends that I still keep in touch with . There's two other forums I'm on rn , but never imagined I'd post something personal like this on any of them (pre-drug addled mind) -.-'

Today is the second step into my life of sobriety (stopped hard drugs [everything] last year and now ditching the alcohol/marijuana) . Started really dipping into psychedelics mid HS (turning 28 next month) , so it's been over a decade of blowing it .

Had a drink @ my mentor's jazz gig last Saturday and haven't thought about having a sip since . Not too worried about the drinking - I know I can put the bottle down without a struggle .

For me , the vice is herb . I'm just tired of smoking a dime blunt at least 1nce a day everyday (could never smoke at the end of the day after my work was complete or smoke bowls to conserve bud - I would just roll the whole dime/dub up and burn it all in one session) . Realized I slowed down on skating and making serious progression on music . It's hard to quit anything you've done regularly for years because it leaves that uncomfortable void . . .

Almost made it a whole week but cracked this past Monday after getting into it with some family members . Hit up the homie on my way back from work in Gardena and ended up in east Compton smoking the night away . The thing that sucks most is that I know I can't be around certain friends . Friends who are all around me in a bunch of different cities that I've spent years in . Luckily my lady doesn't smoke or drink and had my back through fam fights , street fights , jail , getting the boot from uni , couch surfing etc. She's helped me cope with a lot of bullshit I got myself into over the past 8 years and I plan on leaning on her heavy . She's dope . I clawed my way back into my uni and finished up my degree last year , made up with (most) of my fam and moved back into my childhood home which beats the dinky ass overpriced studio we were cooped up in downtown .

I've been itching to share these musical ideas I've had stuck in my head . . looking back at old photos of my fam and I fucks me up bigtime .

Gonna go MIA from social media/internet for a bit . Hopefully next time I drop by I will be in a better head space & have some proper musical material/experiences to share .

Stay up yall

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #4712 on: October 10, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »
Right on man. Stay on top of your shit.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4713 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:07 AM »
Coming to terms with the fact I need a gf.

shark tits

« Reply #4714 on: October 12, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »
my nurse crush at the suboxin place told me 'you're looking a lot better' and i must've been beaming cause then she tempered it w/ 'that's one of the rewarding things about this job, seeing people come back'.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #4715 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »
^she tried to stay professionnal by saying that, she's secretly attracted by you, go for it, sharktits !

Kumiko

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4716 on: October 13, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
I had an interview this morning that I think went well enough such that it's highly likely I'll get the job, but there's also a strong possibility I was just sperging out for 40-50 minutes. So I'm stuck in between feeling hopeful and defeated which is an annoying feeling.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4717 on: October 13, 2017, 11:20:45 AM »
I had an interview this morning that I think went well enough such that it's highly likely I'll get the job, but there's also a strong possibility I was just sperging out for 40-50 minutes. So I'm stuck in between feeling hopeful and defeated which is an annoying feeling.

jerk off again and maybe you'll feel better.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #4718 on: October 13, 2017, 11:25:27 AM »
^^and don't forget the part when you drink it

Kumiko

« Reply #4719 on: October 13, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »

I haven't jerked off in like a month so you're probably right. Good call.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4720 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »

I haven't jerked off in like a month so you're probably right. Good call.

What?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4721 on: October 13, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
somebody's not getting a job

Kumiko

« Reply #4722 on: October 13, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »
somebody's not getting a job

Well, at least I'll be free to make up for the time spent not jerking off.

bawtawd3

« Reply #4723 on: October 13, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
damn i got a interview monday but read they drug test and backround check.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4724 on: October 13, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »

id start drinking your jizz now

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4725 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »

id start drinking your jizz now
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4726 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »

You'll be fine you aren't going to make it that far in the hiring process

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

bawtawd3

« Reply #4727 on: October 13, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »

You'll be fine you aren't going to make it that far in the hiring process
                                                                                                                                                               yeah right i got brand new skytops and a sean john suit

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • illinoying
« Reply #4728 on: October 14, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »
been talkin to my ex girl

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #4729 on: October 21, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »
I got mistaken for a bum at a grocery store.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4730 on: October 21, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
Might get moved up to Bus boy (is that how you spell it). It's in the air and a manager isn't completely on board but, might mean I have to stay in my college town a bit more for the winter
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #4731 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
I have 82 mozarella sticks and nothing else

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #4732 on: October 22, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
Might get moved up to Bus boy (is that how you spell it). It's in the air and a manager isn't completely on board but, might mean I have to stay in my college town a bit more for the winter
What job do you have that bus boy is a move up?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4733 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:28 AM »

Probably a Bar/restaurant type of deal. I think he said he was dishwasher. I remembered when I worked at a bar, dishwasher was the lowest, then you would work your way up to bus boy/bar back

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #4734 on: October 22, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
I've knocked down drinking from 3-4 drinks a day, with a lot more on the weekends to 3-4 a week total. Trying to make some better decisions. Now I'm just more aware of my own thoughts now that I'm not hungover 70% of the week and I'm not really enjoying that aspect

Right on man. It can only get better from here. Now, if you're not happy with something, change it.

Ah, thanks man. I just saw this.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #4735 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »

Probably a Bar/restaurant type of deal. I think he said he was dishwasher. I remembered when I worked at a bar, dishwasher was the lowest, then you would work your way up to bus boy/bar back
I realize it's a restaurant. Dishwashers get more respect than bus boys.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4736 on: October 22, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »

Don't bus boys get some of the tips though?

bawtawd3

« Reply #4737 on: October 22, 2017, 01:33:40 PM »

Yeah, but typically dishman gets paid pretty good depending on the restaurant. And you usually get alot a hours.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4738 on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »

Yeah, but typically dishman gets paid pretty good depending on the restaurant. And you usually get alot a hours.

I was just going through my own experience. I got paid 5 dollars an hour but it was under the table and the only days they made me work were Friday and Saturday nights. Then they liked my work so made do the cleaning in the kitchen which sucked so much more. Hand washing pots and pans for 6 hours straight when before all i had to do was put plates in a machine and be done in 10 minutes then not do anything for the next 30 minutes till the plates piled back up 

bawtawd3

« Reply #4739 on: October 22, 2017, 07:33:28 PM »

I was just going through my own experience. I got paid 5 dollars an hour but it was under the table and the only days they made me work were Friday and Saturday nights. Then they liked my work so made do the cleaning in the kitchen which sucked so much more. Hand washing pots and pans for 6 hours straight when before all i had to do was put plates in a machine and be done in 10 minutes then not do anything for the next 30 minutes till the plates piled back up
Damn... anything less than 10 your being cucked. I like handwash better though, I was a pro dishwasher, might have to take it back up.