Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709503 times)

bawtawd3

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4650 on: October 13, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
damn i got a interview monday but read they drug test and backround check.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4651 on: October 13, 2017, 01:42:43 PM »

id start drinking your jizz now

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4652 on: October 13, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

id start drinking your jizz now
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4653 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »

You'll be fine you aren't going to make it that far in the hiring process

bawtawd3

« Reply #4654 on: October 13, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You'll be fine you aren't going to make it that far in the hiring process
                                                                                                                                                               yeah right i got brand new skytops and a sean john suit

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4655 on: October 14, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »
been talkin to my ex girl

Pigeon

« Reply #4656 on: October 21, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »
I got mistaken for a bum at a grocery store.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4657 on: October 21, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
Might get moved up to Bus boy (is that how you spell it). It's in the air and a manager isn't completely on board but, might mean I have to stay in my college town a bit more for the winter
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4658 on: October 21, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
I have 82 mozarella sticks and nothing else

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4659 on: October 22, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
Might get moved up to Bus boy (is that how you spell it). It's in the air and a manager isn't completely on board but, might mean I have to stay in my college town a bit more for the winter
What job do you have that bus boy is a move up?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4660 on: October 22, 2017, 10:25:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably a Bar/restaurant type of deal. I think he said he was dishwasher. I remembered when I worked at a bar, dishwasher was the lowest, then you would work your way up to bus boy/bar back

calvinsdream

« Reply #4661 on: October 22, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I've knocked down drinking from 3-4 drinks a day, with a lot more on the weekends to 3-4 a week total. Trying to make some better decisions. Now I'm just more aware of my own thoughts now that I'm not hungover 70% of the week and I'm not really enjoying that aspect
[close]

Right on man. It can only get better from here. Now, if you're not happy with something, change it.

Ah, thanks man. I just saw this.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4662 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Probably a Bar/restaurant type of deal. I think he said he was dishwasher. I remembered when I worked at a bar, dishwasher was the lowest, then you would work your way up to bus boy/bar back
I realize it's a restaurant. Dishwashers get more respect than bus boys.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4663 on: October 22, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Don't bus boys get some of the tips though?

bawtawd3

« Reply #4664 on: October 22, 2017, 01:33:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, but typically dishman gets paid pretty good depending on the restaurant. And you usually get alot a hours.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4665 on: October 22, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah, but typically dishman gets paid pretty good depending on the restaurant. And you usually get alot a hours.

I was just going through my own experience. I got paid 5 dollars an hour but it was under the table and the only days they made me work were Friday and Saturday nights. Then they liked my work so made do the cleaning in the kitchen which sucked so much more. Hand washing pots and pans for 6 hours straight when before all i had to do was put plates in a machine and be done in 10 minutes then not do anything for the next 30 minutes till the plates piled back up 

bawtawd3

« Reply #4666 on: October 22, 2017, 07:33:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I was just going through my own experience. I got paid 5 dollars an hour but it was under the table and the only days they made me work were Friday and Saturday nights. Then they liked my work so made do the cleaning in the kitchen which sucked so much more. Hand washing pots and pans for 6 hours straight when before all i had to do was put plates in a machine and be done in 10 minutes then not do anything for the next 30 minutes till the plates piled back up
Damn... anything less than 10 your being cucked. I like handwash better though, I was a pro dishwasher, might have to take it back up.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4667 on: October 22, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
5 or 10 an hour wtf?

I made more mowing lawns when I was 10 years old
Gentleman ninja warlock

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4668 on: October 22, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
5 or 10 an hour wtf?

I made more mowing lawns when I was 10 years old

I made the money back by sneaking in shots through the basement bar during my shifts

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #4669 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
Fuck at that wage you're have to Hussle.

That's brutal.

I feel really fuckin bad anyone in North America is being paid so shitty (things I'm not stoked on)
Gentleman ninja warlock

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #4670 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:34 PM »
It's worse in the US than in Canada because many places have laws saying that restaurants don't have to pay minimum wage to workers who receive tips. I still wouldn't want to work in the restaurant industry though. Always thought it seemed like the most thankless, shitty job ever (with long hours and low pay on top of that).

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4671 on: October 23, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Damn... anything less than 10 your being cucked. I like handwash better though, I was a pro dishwasher, might have to take it back up.
Yeah, I dishwash at a restaurant. The job has fucked with my hands and the kitchen manager is an ass. But, Bus might mean a raise and front of the house gets more tips and hours are way more flexible because there's more bussers than dishwashers (there's 5 but 2 are questionable, 1 goes missing) when someone can't come in I'm usually filling in. But, it's still up in the air they don't move people from back to the front of the house for some reason which is stupid.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #4672 on: October 23, 2017, 05:56:52 AM »
To all dishwashing people, please look after your knees. I fucked my left one big time when I was in my early 20's by standing on that leg for almost the entire shift.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4673 on: October 23, 2017, 12:24:43 PM »
To all dishwashing people, please look after your knees. I fucked my left one big time when I was in my early 20's by standing on that leg for almost the entire shift.
This and don't just pivot on your knee. I have overworked mine with skating and pivoting on it, it just sucked

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4674 on: October 31, 2017, 02:56:17 AM »
Went out for dinner with some people from the company and some rich japanese dudes to this really german place that looked like it came out from the medieval times (there was no forks so you had to eat with your hands). I ate and drink like a king, they paid it all, and it was fun as fuck. I got all tipsy and shit and in the way out I notice that one of the japanese dudes has a cruiser. So I ask him to take a ride on it, and all unbalanced and with some wallabees on feet I do a kickflip, then I aim for the nollie flip and just fail completely, rolling my front ankle. It wasnt a bad roll, its not swollen but I can feel the discomfort today. The weather has been shit in the last week and I was hyped to skate today and maybe tomorrow since its double bank holiday but I guess I ruined it. :/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4675 on: October 31, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »
Stood waiting for the bus lastnight, finally turns up and some fella takes the piss getting off then when he finally does it looks like he's had a fucking picnic on the bus the amount of rubbish he puts in the bin. Sets his bags down (a good 6 or 7), pulls out a lighter and starts smoking a joint no fucks given, starts rummaging through his bags and I shit you not fella had about 20 Bad Boy Bombay Pot Noodle's in his bags. After rummaging through his bags and leaving a mess akin as to what I can only describe as what would happen if a hurricane hit Poundland he runs after the bus (which was going to another stand to change it's service) shouting "I'VE LEFT ME PHONE ON THE BUS" - driver stops, lets him on and he retrieves his phone, holds it up and says to the driver "cheers mate I really appreciate that I'd be lost without this" and proceeds to drop the fucking thing and it explodes into three or four pieces.

North East England never disappoints.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4676 on: October 31, 2017, 04:26:02 AM »
Stood waiting for the bus lastnight, finally turns up and some fella takes the piss getting off then when he finally does it looks like he's had a fucking picnic on the bus the amount of rubbish he puts in the bin. Sets his bags down (a good 6 or 7), pulls out a lighter and starts smoking a joint no fucks given, starts rummaging through his bags and I shit you not fella had about 20 Bad Boy Bombay Pot Noodle's in his bags. After rummaging through his bags and leaving a mess akin as to what I can only describe as what would happen if a hurricane hit Poundland he runs after the bus (which was going to another stand to change it's service) shouting "I'VE LEFT ME PHONE ON THE BUS" - driver stops, lets him on and he retrieves his phone, holds it up and says to the driver "cheers mate I really appreciate that I'd be lost without this" and proceeds to drop the fucking thing and it explodes into three or four pieces.

North East England never disappoints.

Yorkshire?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4677 on: October 31, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
bit further up closer to sunderland, about an hour away from york.

shark tits

« Reply #4678 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
according to the computer i'm 24% fluent in spanish but i know it's not true. i could maybe conversate via text but it's easier for me to read it than hear it. i'm trying to crank it down because A/ most of the world speaks more than one language and B/ i wanna go somewhere fancy in a few months and immerse myself.
i am learning but it's hard not speaking it but typing it.

shark tits

« Reply #4679 on: November 01, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
accidentally drank some of my own piss today but it wasn't as bad as i remember.
shit, i don't think i'd had urine since i quit drinking in 2010. it's better cold.
weed business.