Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 379952 times)

brycickle and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4740 on: October 22, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »
5 or 10 an hour wtf?

I made more mowing lawns when I was 10 years old

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4741 on: October 22, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
5 or 10 an hour wtf?

I made more mowing lawns when I was 10 years old

I made the money back by sneaking in shots through the basement bar during my shifts

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4742 on: October 22, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
Fuck at that wage you're have to Hussle.

That's brutal.

I feel really fuckin bad anyone in North America is being paid so shitty (things I'm not stoked on)

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #4743 on: October 22, 2017, 11:40:34 PM »
It's worse in the US than in Canada because many places have laws saying that restaurants don't have to pay minimum wage to workers who receive tips. I still wouldn't want to work in the restaurant industry though. Always thought it seemed like the most thankless, shitty job ever (with long hours and low pay on top of that).

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4744 on: October 23, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »
Might get moved up to Bus boy (is that how you spell it). It's in the air and a manager isn't completely on board but, might mean I have to stay in my college town a bit more for the winter
What job do you have that bus boy is a move up?

Probably a Bar/restaurant type of deal. I think he said he was dishwasher. I remembered when I worked at a bar, dishwasher was the lowest, then you would work your way up to bus boy/bar back
I realize it's a restaurant. Dishwashers get more respect than bus boys.

Don't bus boys get some of the tips though?
Yeah, but typically dishman gets paid pretty good depending on the restaurant. And you usually get alot a hours.

I was just going through my own experience. I got paid 5 dollars an hour but it was under the table and the only days they made me work were Friday and Saturday nights. Then they liked my work so made do the cleaning in the kitchen which sucked so much more. Hand washing pots and pans for 6 hours straight when before all i had to do was put plates in a machine and be done in 10 minutes then not do anything for the next 30 minutes till the plates piled back up
Damn... anything less than 10 your being cucked. I like handwash better though, I was a pro dishwasher, might have to take it back up.
Yeah, I dishwash at a restaurant. The job has fucked with my hands and the kitchen manager is an ass. But, Bus might mean a raise and front of the house gets more tips and hours are way more flexible because there's more bussers than dishwashers (there's 5 but 2 are questionable, 1 goes missing) when someone can't come in I'm usually filling in. But, it's still up in the air they don't move people from back to the front of the house for some reason which is stupid.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #4745 on: October 23, 2017, 05:56:52 AM »
To all dishwashing people, please look after your knees. I fucked my left one big time when I was in my early 20's by standing on that leg for almost the entire shift.
Chusticiero/Fuma chustas - Person who smokes the end of the joint.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4746 on: October 23, 2017, 12:24:43 PM »
To all dishwashing people, please look after your knees. I fucked my left one big time when I was in my early 20's by standing on that leg for almost the entire shift.
This and don't just pivot on your knee. I have overworked mine with skating and pivoting on it, it just sucked

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4747 on: October 31, 2017, 02:56:17 AM »
Went out for dinner with some people from the company and some rich japanese dudes to this really german place that looked like it came out from the medieval times (there was no forks so you had to eat with your hands). I ate and drink like a king, they paid it all, and it was fun as fuck. I got all tipsy and shit and in the way out I notice that one of the japanese dudes has a cruiser. So I ask him to take a ride on it, and all unbalanced and with some wallabees on feet I do a kickflip, then I aim for the nollie flip and just fail completely, rolling my front ankle. It wasnt a bad roll, its not swollen but I can feel the discomfort today. The weather has been shit in the last week and I was hyped to skate today and maybe tomorrow since its double bank holiday but I guess I ruined it. :/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4748 on: October 31, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »
Stood waiting for the bus lastnight, finally turns up and some fella takes the piss getting off then when he finally does it looks like he's had a fucking picnic on the bus the amount of rubbish he puts in the bin. Sets his bags down (a good 6 or 7), pulls out a lighter and starts smoking a joint no fucks given, starts rummaging through his bags and I shit you not fella had about 20 Bad Boy Bombay Pot Noodle's in his bags. After rummaging through his bags and leaving a mess akin as to what I can only describe as what would happen if a hurricane hit Poundland he runs after the bus (which was going to another stand to change it's service) shouting "I'VE LEFT ME PHONE ON THE BUS" - driver stops, lets him on and he retrieves his phone, holds it up and says to the driver "cheers mate I really appreciate that I'd be lost without this" and proceeds to drop the fucking thing and it explodes into three or four pieces.

North East England never disappoints.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #4749 on: October 31, 2017, 04:26:02 AM »
Stood waiting for the bus lastnight, finally turns up and some fella takes the piss getting off then when he finally does it looks like he's had a fucking picnic on the bus the amount of rubbish he puts in the bin. Sets his bags down (a good 6 or 7), pulls out a lighter and starts smoking a joint no fucks given, starts rummaging through his bags and I shit you not fella had about 20 Bad Boy Bombay Pot Noodle's in his bags. After rummaging through his bags and leaving a mess akin as to what I can only describe as what would happen if a hurricane hit Poundland he runs after the bus (which was going to another stand to change it's service) shouting "I'VE LEFT ME PHONE ON THE BUS" - driver stops, lets him on and he retrieves his phone, holds it up and says to the driver "cheers mate I really appreciate that I'd be lost without this" and proceeds to drop the fucking thing and it explodes into three or four pieces.

North East England never disappoints.

Yorkshire?

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #4750 on: October 31, 2017, 07:39:32 AM »
bit further up closer to sunderland, about an hour away from york.

shark tits

« Reply #4751 on: October 31, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »
according to the computer i'm 24% fluent in spanish but i know it's not true. i could maybe conversate via text but it's easier for me to read it than hear it. i'm trying to crank it down because A/ most of the world speaks more than one language and B/ i wanna go somewhere fancy in a few months and immerse myself.
i am learning but it's hard not speaking it but typing it.

shark tits

« Reply #4752 on: November 01, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
accidentally drank some of my own piss today but it wasn't as bad as i remember.
shit, i don't think i'd had urine since i quit drinking in 2010. it's better cold.
weed business.

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #4753 on: November 01, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
I've been waking up an hour before my alarm goes off every day for the last month or so.
Guess my body is ready for the time change. Stoked.
Not stoked the time change is this weekend and it will be dark at 5 pm soon.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #4754 on: November 01, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »
Palace

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 86
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #4755 on: November 01, 2017, 08:16:22 PM »
I had three days off but on my first day off while i was skating i tried to do some dumb ass shuv it to stall on a curb and overshot my landing so the board slipped out and i landed on the left side of my lower back, also tweaked my shoulder somehow

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • personal text
« Reply #4756 on: November 01, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
i went to a job interview, i completely fucked it up but i went

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #4757 on: November 01, 2017, 09:22:19 PM »
You forgot to drink your own cum first. Rookie mistake.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • personal text
« Reply #4758 on: November 01, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
You forgot to drink your own cum first. Rookie mistake.
shit thats probably better than my fumble through the whole thing

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #4759 on: November 01, 2017, 10:51:12 PM »
easier said than done, but the best way to enter/approach a job interview is to mentally prepare yourself by believing that you really don't care if you get the job or not.. it well take some stress/anxiety away..

side story: i once had a skype interview with george blankenship applying for tesla .. and about two minutes into the interview, the video blacked out and for what felt like ten minutes, george was trying to coach me on how to get the video back up..it was my first time using skype and i couldn't figure it out..so he finally gave up and started the interview questions and even though i thought i did well, i didn't get the job..they said it's because i had a dui on my driving record but i know it's cuz they didn't wanna hire some bawtawd that couldn't even skype 

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #4760 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:47 AM »
My job interview tip is to be rude and condescending because Dawn and Tammy from HR don't know a goddamn thing about what I do and why the fuck am I talking to you in the first place? Guaranteed not to get the job.

accidentally drank some of my own piss today but it wasn't as bad as i remember.
shit, i don't think i'd had urine since i quit drinking in 2010. it's better cold.
weed business.

We're going to ignore that you're capable of accidentally drinking your own piss?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4761 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:18 AM »
Our new house is finally finished and ready to move into, stoked.

It took 3 months longer than projected and they never layed sod before the snow fell, bummer

House is 3800sq ft. Major upgrade and alot more space, stoked

Huge kitchen, stoked

Moving, not stoked. I hate the act of moving and buying shitloads of beer so my friends will help lol

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4762 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:31 AM »
House is 3800sq ft.

god damn.
good for you, man. i bet its nice.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4763 on: November 02, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
House is 3800sq ft.

god damn.

Thanks man! Yep it's nice. Only took me 18 years to save enough to pay for it up front. Fuck a mortgage. Only had to save $1500 a month for 18 years(a fucking feat in itself, especially in my early 20's)

Now to pay for the garage/skatepark next year(hopefully).

I was quoted at 36 grand but I'm guessing it'll be more like 45
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:27:11 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4764 on: November 02, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
House is 3800sq ft.

god damn.

Thanks man! Yep it's nice. Only took me 18 years to save enough to pay for it up front. Fuck a mortgage. Only had to save $1500 a month for 18 years(a fucking feat in itself, especially in my early 20's)

Holy shit, congrats.
Meanwhile I just realized I ate/drank my money from my first job and shitting it about taxes. Any tips?

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #4765 on: November 02, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
Our new house is finally finished and ready to move into, stoked.

It took 3 months longer than projected and they never layed sod before the snow fell, bummer

House is 3800sq ft. Major upgrade and alot more space, stoked

Huge kitchen, stoked

Moving, not stoked. I hate the act of moving and buying shitloads of beer so my friends will help lol

Hellllll yeah. Nice job.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4766 on: November 02, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
House is 3800sq ft.

god damn.

Holy shit, congrats.
Meanwhile I just realized I ate/drank my money from my first job and shitting it about taxes. Any tips?

Work your ass off. Hopefully you land decent paying positions by mid 20's, and the secret my dad taught me, "if you can't afford all your bills/food on one pay cheque, you can't afford anything else.

Also helps that I met my wife 10 years ago and she has a good career too so then I could really power save.

Plus I invested wisely (more of a luckout than anything)

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #4767 on: November 02, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »
OR don't work your ass off and live your life in an enjoyable way because you are for sure going to die and spending your life working just so you can buy a big box is pretty stupid. Just for some differing perspective.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4768 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »
Ummmmmm

I'm 38 and retired.

I'm well ahead of the curve.

By all my means enjoy yourself, just be fuckin smart about it.

bawtawd3

« Reply #4769 on: November 03, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »
Crackhead stole my bike last night, but I got a job today.