Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380306 times)

SOTY

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4830 on: December 25, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
I got shoes for Christmas!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #4831 on: December 25, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »
Continuing the tradition of getting way too drunk at family Christmas. I think I was a good time but what did I say?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS
« Reply #4832 on: December 26, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »
Huf sutters skate great but 6 sessions in and they are almost dead

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #4833 on: December 26, 2017, 05:00:08 PM »
I ate like 3-4 times he normal dose of melatonin gummies...smoked a joint earlier and ate a pizza...ended up wasting 4-5 hours of my life sleeping and eating those Milano cookies, from Pepperidge Farms. It was basically like Xanax.

edit:
impulse ordered a Nintendo 3DS from Amazon Now...got Pokémon Moon.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:25:49 PM by Pigeon »
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4834 on: December 31, 2017, 02:46:53 AM »
- am riding my wife’s board at the moment because I haven’t cleaned my bearings/ set up my new board yet
- rib is still fucked

+ wife’s board is 7.75 and I actually don’t hate riding it; so easy to pop/ whip around

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #4835 on: January 01, 2018, 06:07:03 AM »
stomach flu kept me inside all day new years eve
my bills are playoff bound  :)

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4836 on: January 02, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
I dropped my laptop, which has plastic casing, on hardwood floor. There's a scratch on the laptop but it works fine. My last laptop that I dropped a couple times had hard drive recognition issues...hoping this doesn't happen to this one. Next time I get a laptop, I'm just going to get a MacBook Pro with the equivalent of an OtterBox for a case/sleeve.

edits:
I have to sell shit to pay bills, but it’s nice to be minimalistic...less clothes and clutter.

I wanted to buy a 3DS game on Amazon Now, but they only had shitty ones...didn’t waste money.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:42:14 PM by Pigeon »

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #4837 on: January 04, 2018, 04:37:52 AM »
Well I'm finally making PAL with this post. After 7 years and no avatar LOL! Not stoked I've been at work since 2AM doing snow removal...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4838 on: January 06, 2018, 02:36:00 PM »
Asked for the day off to catch up on sex I missed out on and kinda over do it as next week is her period. But got called in to work, tried pushing the date back but she couldn't so that plan died there. Ans hour into work and the dishwashing machine broke so I had to wash everything by hand. My friend cancelled my back up plan because she lost her wallet. Ended up going back to work and paying for my food and a beer but ended up with a friend at a bar and I got this girl's snapchat I missed my shot at and as I was picking up someone's broken glass I was slammed with the booty by a girl twerking.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #4839 on: January 06, 2018, 07:36:15 PM »
I had a nap, stoked

Slept for 5 hours and didn't even know what the fuck was going on when I woke up, not stoked.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4840 on: January 06, 2018, 11:04:09 PM »
Binge eating and missing work outs. Ate a pound of peanut M&Ms

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #4841 on: January 07, 2018, 12:59:32 PM »
+ Just got a surprise cheque for €200
- I'm actually careless enough with my money that I'd work a week and let a paycheck go unaccounted for.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

shark tits

« Reply #4842 on: January 07, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »
as much comedy as this is its also sad. i wish dude would make a little money to show his people like him even if he doesn't deserve to live of nollie flip crooks at the skatepark. mr pagoo is in the $400s on his GFM. peter sidlauskas contributed $5 w/ the message 'thanks'.
how did vinnie banh's go? i hope he's not outearning hands down.
http://www.gofundme.com/24jg8k-houstonla-chasin-my-dream-fulltime

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • Go buy a Ryan Lay board!
« Reply #4843 on: January 07, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
Did my first class of yoga yesterday and had a great time, however I didn't realize how hard I had to work on holding a fart in.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4844 on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:11 PM »
Only rookies hold their farts.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4845 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
as much comedy as this is its also sad. i wish dude would make a little money to show his people like him even if he doesn't deserve to live of nollie flip crooks at the skatepark. mr pagoo is in the $400s on his GFM. peter sidlauskas contributed $5 w/ the message 'thanks'.
how did vinnie banh's go? i hope he's not outearning hands down.
http://www.gofundme.com/24jg8k-houstonla-chasin-my-dream-fulltime
I might give him $0.18 and leave some corny message.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4846 on: January 16, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
Stoked on being back in Memphis with my family and my girl. Also, stoked to be working on a new video.

Not stoked on the fact that it has snowed the past 4 days, and it never snows in Memphis.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4847 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
I bought my first Quasi board, but it cost me $62-67, after grip and taxes...supported one of my local shops and didn’t even get a sticker. I also bought an eighth of designer weed for $58.

In the future, I should just buy grade-C nugs for $50/half-ounce and buy decks from companies’ websites.

shark tits

« Reply #4848 on: January 17, 2018, 06:38:33 AM »
kinda digging that 'end of the fucking world' show but you catch yourself like, rooting for these awkward teens to fuck. what the hell is that?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4849 on: January 17, 2018, 01:37:16 PM »
I have a job interview tomorrow at a local diner. Like the owner and the cook and love their food so thought this would be the best place to ask first for a job. Need to get a job as soon as possible because I'll be getting kicked off my parents insurance at 26 (which is reasonable) and need to be able to afford my own health insurance and plus my anxiety prescriptions every month.

Thing I'm not stoked on is that I'm almost done school and can get a job in my field after summer ends but I'll be 26 before summer.

I'm at a crossroads because the owner said I can work full time which means I probably won't be able to go to school if I get the job, but I need money.

Just sucks I wasted ages 19-23 being a drunk and being a pussy for being afraid of my anxiety. Nothing I can do about that though.

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though they aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:57:23 PM by tobey »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #4850 on: January 17, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
the world is fucked, fight for your life tobey !

shark tits

« Reply #4851 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »
I have a job interview tomorrow at a local diner. Like the owner and the cook and love their food so thought this would be the best place to ask first for a job. Need to get a job as soon as possible because I'll be getting kicked off my parents insurance at 26 (which is reasonable) and need to be able to afford my own health insurance and plus my anxiety prescriptions every month.

Thing I'm not stoked on is that I'm almost done school and can get a job in my field after summer ends but I'll be 26 before summer.

I'm at a crossroads because the owner said I can work full time which means I probably won't be able to go to school if I get the job, but I need money.

Just sucks I wasted ages 19-23 being a drunk and being a pussy for being afraid of my anxiety. Nothing I can do about that though.

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though that aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
i'm not saying this is a responsible way to go about it but can't you get free insurance if you're unemployed? if you're guaranteed a future i don't think it's bad to charge it to da game now and pay it back when you're done w/ school. makes more sense than struggling to finish school while working for drugs.
my other advice would be to break your pills in half, stretch em out [caramello].

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4852 on: January 17, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though that aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
i'm not saying this is a responsible way to go about it but can't you get free insurance if you're unemployed? if you're guaranteed a future i don't think it's bad to charge it to da game now and pay it back when you're done w/ school. makes more sense than struggling to finish school while working for drugs.
my other advice would be to break your pills in half, stretch em out [caramello].

I would but they are capsules, so I can't cut them in half

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Rep: -240
« Reply #4853 on: January 17, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
Tobey
Depending on your credit, you can get a school loan from a bank/others (shop around) that's similar to a federal school loan, one you do not have to make payments on until after you've left school. If you feel confident you can cop a good jizzob after school, you can borrow till then. This is a risky move, but not as risky as cutting your functioning meds out of no where. Recipe for disaster, and we ain't talking gnr or skating.

Unless it's a private catholic college, your school should have a department assigned to help you make arrangements like this, if not there, try where you get therapy. Just come at them like your parents died and you have nobody, the service doors really opened up for me after I played that card.

Lastly, The past is the past, its important to let go in order to let the future come forward!

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4854 on: January 17, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
Finish school and start looking for jobs in that field right now. Someone might hire you while you're still going since you're so close to graduation. Employers want to see that you can actually do the work, not so much the degree saying you finished. If you're good at what you do, you'll find a job.

I understand you need your meds, but don't throw everything away that you've been working on. You have a better future ahead of you if you choose to finish school vs. working at the diner. Quitting now would be a huge mistake.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4855 on: January 17, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
Tobey
Depending on your credit, you can get a school loan from a bank/others (shop around) that's similar to a federal school loan, one you do not have to make payments on until after you've left school. If you feel confident you can cop a good jizzob after school, you can borrow till then. This is a risky move, but not as risky as cutting your functioning meds out of no where. Recipe for disaster, and we ain't talking gnr or skating.

Unless it's a private catholic college, your school should have a department assigned to help you make arrangements like this, if not there, try where you get therapy. Just come at them like your parents died and you have nobody, the service doors really opened up for me after I played that card.

Lastly, The past is the past, its important to let go in order to let the future come forward!

I can afford school, well my parents pay for it. I go to community college for a trade, carpentry.

I can still do odd jobs for carpentry but I just won't be in the union if I work full time at the diner.

I just don't want to give the burden to my parents for paying my health insurance and plus I should be adulting by now

Thanks for any of the advice dudes! Ill know more tomorrow on what I should do when I go for the interview 

bawtawd5

• Rep: 132
« Reply #4856 on: January 17, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
If you want to lower your dose, just find out what your drug is soluble in and you can dose it volumetrically or just get this. Maybe taper off and see how you feel this day in age, if your still a anxious pussy just take em again. Never know unless you try though.

https://www.amazon.com/Homgeek-Milligram-Calibration-Tweezers-Weighing/dp/B071GYVQF3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1516233169&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=milligram+scale&psc=1

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4857 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
Do what you gotta do, man, but think about this before you go work full time at the diner.

Your parents are paying for your tuition because they want you to be able to get a job where you can support yourself some day. You have less than a year left and you'll be done. If you were my kid, I'd rather help you finish up school if that means paying for insurance until you can afford it on your own than see you walk away from it to go work full time at a diner. They didn't pay for that. Not to dog on cooks and wait staff, but anyone can get a job at a diner with no school required. I get not wanting to burden your parents any more than you have to, I hated it myself, but I know I'd be bummed if you didn't finish school and I don't even know you in real life and I can guarantee your parents will be bummed too.

Give it some thought. I know a few people who walked away from good opportunities and ended up working dead end jobs for way too long. You don't want that to happen to you.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4858 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:01 PM »
Do what you gotta do, man, but think about this before you go work full time at the diner.

Your parents are paying for your tuition because they want you to be able to get a job where you can support yourself some day. You have less than a year left and you'll be done. If you were my kid, I'd rather help you finish up school if that means paying for insurance until you can afford it on your own than see you walk away from it to go work full time at a diner. They didn't pay for that. Not to dog on cooks and wait staff, but anyone can get a job at a diner with no school required. I get not wanting to burden your parents any more than you have to, I hated it myself, but I know I'd be bummed if you didn't finish school and I don't even know you in real life and I can guarantee your parents will be bummed too.

Give it some thought. I know a few people who walked away from good opportunities and ended up working dead end jobs for way too long. You don't want that to happen to you.

If the pay is good I'll probably take the job. Maybe I could even help them out with paying for night classes. My plan wasn't to walk away from it entirely, just need to start making money now. I work with this one carpenter dude that my mom knows doing odd jobs here and there but he rarely hits me up because I'm kind of his last resort if he needs someone. Thanks again though JB, you are making complete sense   

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #4859 on: January 17, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
What kind of dipshit drops out of any kind of school to go work at a diner? That's the first job someone gets after they did 25 years for murder. Even if you were going to school to learn to work at a diner it would be a better decision than quitting to work at one.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.