Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709462 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4770 on: January 07, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
Did my first class of yoga yesterday and had a great time, however I didn't realize how hard I had to work on holding a fart in.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4771 on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:11 PM »
Only rookies hold their farts.

Pigeon

« Reply #4772 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
as much comedy as this is its also sad. i wish dude would make a little money to show his people like him even if he doesn't deserve to live of nollie flip crooks at the skatepark. mr pagoo is in the $400s on his GFM. peter sidlauskas contributed $5 w/ the message 'thanks'.
how did vinnie banh's go? i hope he's not outearning hands down.
http://www.gofundme.com/24jg8k-houstonla-chasin-my-dream-fulltime
I might give him $0.18 and leave some corny message.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4773 on: January 16, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
Stoked on being back in Memphis with my family and my girl. Also, stoked to be working on a new video.

Not stoked on the fact that it has snowed the past 4 days, and it never snows in Memphis.

Pigeon

« Reply #4774 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
I bought my first Quasi board, but it cost me $62-67, after grip and taxes...supported one of my local shops and didn’t even get a sticker. I also bought an eighth of designer weed for $58.

In the future, I should just buy grade-C nugs for $50/half-ounce and buy decks from companies’ websites.

shark tits

« Reply #4775 on: January 17, 2018, 06:38:33 AM »
kinda digging that 'end of the fucking world' show but you catch yourself like, rooting for these awkward teens to fuck. what the hell is that?

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #4776 on: January 17, 2018, 01:37:16 PM »
I have a job interview tomorrow at a local diner. Like the owner and the cook and love their food so thought this would be the best place to ask first for a job. Need to get a job as soon as possible because I'll be getting kicked off my parents insurance at 26 (which is reasonable) and need to be able to afford my own health insurance and plus my anxiety prescriptions every month.

Thing I'm not stoked on is that I'm almost done school and can get a job in my field after summer ends but I'll be 26 before summer.

I'm at a crossroads because the owner said I can work full time which means I probably won't be able to go to school if I get the job, but I need money.

Just sucks I wasted ages 19-23 being a drunk and being a pussy for being afraid of my anxiety. Nothing I can do about that though.

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though they aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:57:23 PM by tobey »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4777 on: January 17, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
the world is fucked, fight for your life tobey !

shark tits

« Reply #4778 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »
I have a job interview tomorrow at a local diner. Like the owner and the cook and love their food so thought this would be the best place to ask first for a job. Need to get a job as soon as possible because I'll be getting kicked off my parents insurance at 26 (which is reasonable) and need to be able to afford my own health insurance and plus my anxiety prescriptions every month.

Thing I'm not stoked on is that I'm almost done school and can get a job in my field after summer ends but I'll be 26 before summer.

I'm at a crossroads because the owner said I can work full time which means I probably won't be able to go to school if I get the job, but I need money.

Just sucks I wasted ages 19-23 being a drunk and being a pussy for being afraid of my anxiety. Nothing I can do about that though.

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though that aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
i'm not saying this is a responsible way to go about it but can't you get free insurance if you're unemployed? if you're guaranteed a future i don't think it's bad to charge it to da game now and pay it back when you're done w/ school. makes more sense than struggling to finish school while working for drugs.
my other advice would be to break your pills in half, stretch em out [caramello].

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4779 on: January 17, 2018, 01:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote

I need the money. I need to be able to afford my prescriptions because even though that aren't the fun kind, they still are what makes me somewhat functional
[close]
i'm not saying this is a responsible way to go about it but can't you get free insurance if you're unemployed? if you're guaranteed a future i don't think it's bad to charge it to da game now and pay it back when you're done w/ school. makes more sense than struggling to finish school while working for drugs.
my other advice would be to break your pills in half, stretch em out [caramello].

I would but they are capsules, so I can't cut them in half

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #4780 on: January 17, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
Tobey
Depending on your credit, you can get a school loan from a bank/others (shop around) that's similar to a federal school loan, one you do not have to make payments on until after you've left school. If you feel confident you can cop a good jizzob after school, you can borrow till then. This is a risky move, but not as risky as cutting your functioning meds out of no where. Recipe for disaster, and we ain't talking gnr or skating.

Unless it's a private catholic college, your school should have a department assigned to help you make arrangements like this, if not there, try where you get therapy. Just come at them like your parents died and you have nobody, the service doors really opened up for me after I played that card.

Lastly, The past is the past, its important to let go in order to let the future come forward!
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4781 on: January 17, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
Finish school and start looking for jobs in that field right now. Someone might hire you while you're still going since you're so close to graduation. Employers want to see that you can actually do the work, not so much the degree saying you finished. If you're good at what you do, you'll find a job.

I understand you need your meds, but don't throw everything away that you've been working on. You have a better future ahead of you if you choose to finish school vs. working at the diner. Quitting now would be a huge mistake.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4782 on: January 17, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
Tobey
Depending on your credit, you can get a school loan from a bank/others (shop around) that's similar to a federal school loan, one you do not have to make payments on until after you've left school. If you feel confident you can cop a good jizzob after school, you can borrow till then. This is a risky move, but not as risky as cutting your functioning meds out of no where. Recipe for disaster, and we ain't talking gnr or skating.

Unless it's a private catholic college, your school should have a department assigned to help you make arrangements like this, if not there, try where you get therapy. Just come at them like your parents died and you have nobody, the service doors really opened up for me after I played that card.

Lastly, The past is the past, its important to let go in order to let the future come forward!

I can afford school, well my parents pay for it. I go to community college for a trade, carpentry.

I can still do odd jobs for carpentry but I just won't be in the union if I work full time at the diner.

I just don't want to give the burden to my parents for paying my health insurance and plus I should be adulting by now

Thanks for any of the advice dudes! Ill know more tomorrow on what I should do when I go for the interview 

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #4783 on: January 17, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
If you want to lower your dose, just find out what your drug is soluble in and you can dose it volumetrically or just get this. Maybe taper off and see how you feel this day in age, if your still a anxious pussy just take em again. Never know unless you try though.

https://www.amazon.com/Homgeek-Milligram-Calibration-Tweezers-Weighing/dp/B071GYVQF3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1516233169&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=milligram+scale&psc=1

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4784 on: January 17, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
Do what you gotta do, man, but think about this before you go work full time at the diner.

Your parents are paying for your tuition because they want you to be able to get a job where you can support yourself some day. You have less than a year left and you'll be done. If you were my kid, I'd rather help you finish up school if that means paying for insurance until you can afford it on your own than see you walk away from it to go work full time at a diner. They didn't pay for that. Not to dog on cooks and wait staff, but anyone can get a job at a diner with no school required. I get not wanting to burden your parents any more than you have to, I hated it myself, but I know I'd be bummed if you didn't finish school and I don't even know you in real life and I can guarantee your parents will be bummed too.

Give it some thought. I know a few people who walked away from good opportunities and ended up working dead end jobs for way too long. You don't want that to happen to you.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4785 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:01 PM »
Do what you gotta do, man, but think about this before you go work full time at the diner.

Your parents are paying for your tuition because they want you to be able to get a job where you can support yourself some day. You have less than a year left and you'll be done. If you were my kid, I'd rather help you finish up school if that means paying for insurance until you can afford it on your own than see you walk away from it to go work full time at a diner. They didn't pay for that. Not to dog on cooks and wait staff, but anyone can get a job at a diner with no school required. I get not wanting to burden your parents any more than you have to, I hated it myself, but I know I'd be bummed if you didn't finish school and I don't even know you in real life and I can guarantee your parents will be bummed too.

Give it some thought. I know a few people who walked away from good opportunities and ended up working dead end jobs for way too long. You don't want that to happen to you.

If the pay is good I'll probably take the job. Maybe I could even help them out with paying for night classes. My plan wasn't to walk away from it entirely, just need to start making money now. I work with this one carpenter dude that my mom knows doing odd jobs here and there but he rarely hits me up because I'm kind of his last resort if he needs someone. Thanks again though JB, you are making complete sense   

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4786 on: January 17, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
What kind of dipshit drops out of any kind of school to go work at a diner? That's the first job someone gets after they did 25 years for murder. Even if you were going to school to learn to work at a diner it would be a better decision than quitting to work at one.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4787 on: January 17, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

solid advice

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4788 on: January 17, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
I'm adding pistachios to this thread. Stoked how good they are. Not stoked because I can't stop eating them!

Pigeon

« Reply #4789 on: January 18, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »
What kind of dipshit drops out of any kind of school to go work at a diner? That's the first job someone gets after they did 25 years for murder. Even if you were going to school to learn to work at a diner it would be a better decision than quitting to work at one.
It’s a bit harsh, but on point.

Tobey:
Stay in school and get assistance.
https://www.compass.state.pa.us
There’s even a fucking mobile-app for it.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4790 on: January 18, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
Update on my situation: Went for the job interview today and he said he had nothing for me but was going give my number to some pizza place in the city. Wasn't too stoked on that but we kept talking and eventually asked me what I was going to school for. Told him carpentry and then he said "oh well I have a bunch of carpenters that come in and eat, give me your number and whenever they come in I'll ask them if they need help, if they do I'll give them your number".

So I'm pretty stoked on that. Don't have to give up school and can work in my field when I have days off from school.

Thanks again everyone, especially JB

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #4791 on: January 21, 2018, 08:32:16 AM »
hearing 'andrew reynolds rvca collection- made in USA!'
then seeing said collection..

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4792 on: January 21, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »
There was a sexy mom at the park session today, every time i would go to my car to grab a beer or roll a cig i could tell she was staring at me, so when I leaved with a homie back in the car,I waved my hand to her to say goodbye from a distance(beer confidence) and turn my head back to the car, and my homie told me she waved back, she was still with her arm on her head when I looked....should have gone talk to her but I leaved, wish I will see her next session, I'll introduce myself ;)

edit: stupid me
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:22:07 AM by the snake »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4793 on: January 21, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »
the snake, are you French?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4794 on: January 21, 2018, 09:42:48 AM »
yes I am

Pigeon

« Reply #4795 on: January 21, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
Some woman stuck her foot out, and went out of her way, to try and trip me on the sidewalk, but I ollied over her foot. She then yelled, “I hope you eat shit!”

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4796 on: January 21, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »
Some woman stuck her foot out, and went out of her way, to try and trip me on the sidewalk, but I ollied over her foot. She then yelled, “I hope you eat shit!”

Man imagine if you loudly farted mid ollie

Pigeon

« Reply #4797 on: January 21, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man imagine if you loudly farted mid ollie
I would be more stoked if I shit my pants and a gust wafted the stench directly to her nostrils.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4798 on: January 21, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »
yes I am

Right on. I hope you get to finesse the lady next time man!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4799 on: January 21, 2018, 10:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
yes I am
[close]

Right on. I hope you get to finesse the lady next time man!
thanks dude, I'll do my best